Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,593 members, 7,812,936 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:01 PM

5 Qualities Of A Wife - Romance (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 5 Qualities Of A Wife (31124 Views)

8 Qualities Of Lazy And Frustrating Girlfriends / Need An Independent Woman? Here Are 5 Qualities You Must Have To Attract One. / 5 Qualities That Melt Ladies Heart. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Qualities Of A Wife by Nobody: 2:17pm On Jun 02, 2012
Its so cool to see well-educated people type... Whatz not cool is 'negative typing'... sad and I begged u pipl faa.. But since u people av decided to continue d 'battle of the qualified' . Ah well, unqualified people like us will shut up. What do we knw anyway? lipsrsealed
Re: 5 Qualities Of A Wife by damlawbaba(m): 9:37pm On Jun 02, 2012
fluid26:

hmmm...u mean as fluid as water? Taking the shape of whatever u put it in. She'll give u peace or problem...depending on what condition u provide. I'm certain u didnt realise dis, but its a good point u raised.
tankz
Re: 5 Qualities Of A Wife by damlawbaba(m): 9:38pm On Jun 02, 2012
fluid26:

hmmm...u mean as fluid as water? Taking the shape of whatever u put it in. She'll give u peace or problem...depending on what condition u provide. I'm certain u didnt realise dis, but its a good point u raised.
tankz guy
Re: 5 Qualities Of A Wife by LongOne1(m): 9:15pm On Jun 06, 2012
Apologies for the late response, then again, commitment to Nairaland has never been one of my strong points.

queensmith: It's just from my experience that people who come from good universities are different. Less likely to be backwards or have all the traits I simply cannot stand.

The experience isn't purely about academics, they are less likely to to have the 'herd' mentality less likely to be bigoted and more likely to be open minded individuals with (what I consider) more important outlooks on life.

Not true, I guess it depends on the individual.
During the heat of the recession, I was lucky to have interned under a Senior Industrial Fellow of University of Cambridge, as part of a Government initiative to increase Engineering & Manufacturing productivity in SME’s.
It was not the training from a top University that helped, but my street sharp naija attitude (flexibility, openness to change), the ‘e go better’ spirit (positive outlook in the face of failure), and most importantly, the Man upstairs.
My point is “you can take a horse to water, but you can’t make it drink”, so having a fantastic qualification is not a prerequisite to exposure, rather it comes from within – an individual willing to see the world in a different light. Thus, the individual should take precedence over the ‘good university’.

queensmith: So my preference is based on this; I believe if I've worked hard to achieve the best out of life my husband has to be the same, otherwise he'd hold me back. Thats just the way it is.

Well, quoting my rather mischievous brother “a marriage is either a merger or an acquisition/hostile takeover”. In your case, you want a merger, which should be a team, No?
HRM laws require a mixture of personalities to form a winning team, where individual strengths complement each other. In Physics, it’s ‘like poles repel and unlike poles attract’ or some ish like that.
In conclusion, your husband shouldn’t necessarily be the same as you; rather he should complement you in such a way that you balance each other out. Vision wise, yes, but University wise, No. Then again, what does an ignorant nukka from a ‘not so good university’ know?

queensmith: Your educational background is part of what shapes you up to who you are, as an educated man you cannot have fulfillment from a dullard, you need someone that will appreciate your experiences and understand things from your point of you. Even if they don't agree with them. Not just illogically follow tradition or religion with no desires or ambitions of her own. Thats what education is about imo.

Now, this I can relate to.

queensmith: Lol, 99% oboi you have failed! :p

Hahahaha, they say “aim for the stars, and if you fail, you will land on the moon”. I’m afraid in your case you might miss the moon (the 99%) and hit planet earth at a rather alarming rate, lol.

queensmith: Actually the list was very tongue in cheek, I knew it will get alot of men boiling and wanted to show you how women feel when they write nonsense statements like 'she must be submissive and enjoy my rubbish sex'

Yeah, I guessed as much, still, I wanted to look into your mind – the engine seems to be running fine, but it might need a full service, lol.

queensmith: So like you, I don't overthink think things but if you were to overthink it your list won't be soo different to mine.

I agree with you totally, apart from the “good university” part. In fact, I think I’ll have me a ‘good university’ graduate for breakfast, lol.
Re: 5 Qualities Of A Wife by queensmith: 12:03am On Jun 13, 2012
Long One: Apologies for the late response, then again, commitment to Nairaland has never been one of my strong points.
Not true, I guess it depends on the individual.

Unfortunately for me that strong point is tied to the ability to procastinate sad

Long One: During the heat of the recession, I was lucky to have interned under a Senior Industrial Fellow of University of Cambridge, as part of a Government initiative to increase Engineering & Manufacturing productivity in SME’s.
It was not the training from a top University that helped, but my street sharp naija attitude (flexibility, openness to change), the ‘e go better’ spirit (positive outlook in the face of failure), and most importantly, the Man upstairs.
My point is “you can take a horse to water, but you can’t make it drink”, so having a fantastic qualification is not a prerequisite to exposure, rather it comes from within – an individual willing to see the world in a different light. Thus, the individual should take precedence over the ‘good university’.

The same naija attitude associated with misogyny, homophobia, moral bankruptness and bigotry. I will rather not thank you very much.
To add, students from universities like oxford and cambridge are more likely to be 'out of the box' thinkers, thats the calibre of individuals expected from russel group universities. That's the whole point of them, it doesn't mean someone who isn't from those universities can't make it. You'd just have to try much harder, (or find the nearest ethnic minority programme to give you a boost grin grin).
A horse from an ivy league institution has taken him or herself to the water, it's a big reflection on who you are, you cannot deny this.

Long One: Well, quoting my rather mischievous brother “a marriage is either a merger or an acquisition/hostile takeover”. In your case, you want a merger, which should be a team, No?
HRM laws require a mixture of personalities to form a winning team, where individual strengths complement each other. In Physics, it’s ‘like poles repel and unlike poles attract’ or some ish like that.
In conclusion, your husband shouldn’t necessarily be the same as you; rather he should complement you in such a way that you balance each other out. Vision wise, yes, but University wise, No. Then again, what does an ignorant nukka from a ‘not so good university’ know?

Are you trying to say a succesful project requires a complementary mix of bad and good? What about good and better? I absolutely disagree with you, whether or not you attended a russel group institution you should be able to appreciate the fact that the graduates are more socially refined. Besides the academic excellence you have students from enhanced backgrounds, students with cultural capital, not the rubbish you come across every day in the 'others'. I don't believe for one second my husband needs to come from an 'other' school to balance my relationship, I think the notion is ridiculous. You see you wouldn't be coming up with that if you went to oxford would you? tongue tongue

Long One: Yeah, I guessed as much, still, I wanted to look into your mind – the engine seems to be running fine, but it might need a full service, lol.

Not your fault! monkey!

Long One: I agree with you totally, apart from the “good university” part. In fact, I think I’ll have me a ‘good university’ graduate for breakfast, lol.

I believe people need to say what the must to feel better about themselves. Going to a good uni doesn't guarantee anything, it just assures me to some extent that he/she has been in a better environment than most and has no excuse to be a nonsense individual. However I won't really place much blame on someone that hasn't, we are all products of our environments right?
Re: 5 Qualities Of A Wife by coogar: 9:56am On Jun 13, 2012
Re: 5 Qualities Of A Wife by Titusolufemi(m): 4:03pm On Jun 13, 2012
-She must b well culture -honest and trustworthy -be a good cook -must have respect 4 family and friends -she must be decent and supportive
Re: 5 Qualities Of A Wife by Titusolufemi(m): 4:18pm On Jun 13, 2012
She mustn't b sturbborn Ready 2 make peace even when not at fault must b God fearing must understand wen tins is and not right mdst not b a financial burden 2 me
Re: 5 Qualities Of A Wife by LongOne1(m): 4:42pm On Jun 14, 2012
queensmith: The same naija attitude associated with misogyny, homophobia, moral bankruptness and bigotry. I will rather not thank you very much.

There you go, judging me before knowing me.

queensmith: To add, students from universities like oxford and cambridge are more likely to be 'out of the box' thinkers, thats the calibre of individuals expected from russel group universities. That's the whole point of them, it doesn't mean someone who isn't from those universities can't make it. You'd just have to try much harder, (or find the nearest ethnic minority programme to give you a boost ).

Right, I’m sensing it’s about security with you, if I’m wrong and it has to do with ‘out of the box thinking’, then my humble self can take you beyond the borders of ‘box thinking’, and lead to an out of the box ‘thinking induced’ climax in the process. tongue

Ethnic minority programme, now why didn’t I think of that? I guess I prefer the hard knock life, lol.

queensmith: A horse from an ivy league institution has taken him or herself to the water, it's a big reflection on who you are, you cannot deny this.

True, but it’s not about starting (getting to the water), but also finishing (drinking to your fill) which is why I originally asked what you’ve done with the knowledge.

Quoting 50 cent ‘in high school you was the man hommie, the f*** happened to you’. Modifying it to ‘in university ranking you was the man hommie, the f*** happened to you’.

queensmith: Are you trying to say a succesful project requires a complementary mix of bad and good? What about good and better?

In that context, yes I am, except you want me to say it in pidgin. tongue

Moreover, I didn’t say good and bad, but strengths and weaknesses. You can’t use good and bad as humans are inherently flawed. Looking at it spiritually, we come into this world with one fist closed (natural childbirth) and when we die of natural causes, we open our fist. Life happens between those two instances when we supposedly release whatever we had in that fist. (Call it purpose, destiny, strengths, talents, whatever)

Back to the team yarns, they call this the ‘synergistic effect’, look at it like two meshing gears (sorry for the technical bit) where the peak represents strength and the trough represents weakness. The strength of one individual complements the weakness of the other and so forth leading to rotational motion, which in this case would be a harmonious existence.

queensmith: I absolutely disagree with you, whether or not you attended a russel group institution you should be able to appreciate the fact that the graduates are more socially refined.

We can disagree to agree, and then disagree again.
The higher performing graduates from such are usually socially awkward, I listened to an iTunes podcast a few years ago on the Cambridge boat racing team – I can reference it for you when I get home. Before they could get them to perform, it was a woman who had to calm them down as they were all intellectually sound, so could not give in to each other’s decision.

queensmith: I don't believe for one second my husband needs to come from an 'other' school to balance my relationship, I think the notion is ridiculous.

I meant you should not limit yourself to just one type of University for a potential mate, but look at the man in question. How his strengths and weaknesses complement yours. Not focus on the type of University.
Believe me, I’m also learning from you, just as much as you are learning from me. There is no right answer, just different points of view. It is still your life, just as much as it is mine.

queensmith: Besides the academic excellence you have students from enhanced backgrounds, students with cultural capital, not the rubbish you come across every day in the 'others'.

There you go again, judging us, the poor old ‘others’. How about 2pac – dropped out of high school, has a stature in Germany due to his lyrical prowess; Steve Wosniak & Steve Jobs – withdrew from School, both contributed to the microcomputer revolution with Apple; plus many others.

queensmith: You see you wouldn't be coming up with that if you went to oxford would you?

Hahaha, cheeky you, but nice one.

queensmith: I believe people need to say what the must to feel better about themselves. Going to a good uni doesn't guarantee anything, it just assures me to some extent that he/she has been in a better environment than most and has no excuse to be a nonsense individual. However I won't really place much blame on someone that hasn't, we are all products of our environments right?

Finally, we are on the same page even though I don’t believe we are products of our environment.

The environment can influence you positively or negatively, but you ultimately have that choice. You hear stories of people who came from terrible environments (ghettos and the likes), yet they still made something of their lives. So, all in all your environment does not determine what you become, you do.

I’m tired of all this analysis, why don’t we hook up to discuss more, then let nature take it’s course. tongue What say you?
Re: 5 Qualities Of A Wife by queensmith: 1:55pm On Jun 20, 2012
Long One:

There you go, judging me before knowing me.

No I wasn't judging you I was judging the general 'naija attitude'

Long One: Right, I’m sensing it’s about security with you, if I’m wrong and it has to do with ‘out of the box thinking’, then my humble self can take you beyond the borders of ‘box thinking’, and lead to an out of the box ‘thinking induced’ climax in the process. tongue

You are very right, it is for security. and the fact that most of us are 'like minded'. Probably not really a good thing (we may all be snobs) but it helps for a better relationship.

Long One: True, but it’s not about starting (getting to the water), but also finishing (drinking to your fill) which is why I originally asked what you’ve done with the knowledge.

and i agree- it doesn't guarantee anything, but I respect it more. Just like employers respect it more.

Long One: Quoting 50 cent ‘in high school you was the man hommie, the f*** happened to you’. Modifying it to ‘in university ranking you was the man hommie, the f*** happened to you’.

Lol- there is a fair share of 'top university' graduates with giggs in startbucks- I don't want to think of the number of 'others' busy with 'part time dj' on their resume's grin grin (that was very rude- i'm sorry in advance)

Long One: In that context, yes I am, except you want me to say it in pidgin. tongue

Moreover, I didn’t say good and bad, but strengths and weaknesses. You can’t use good and bad as humans are inherently flawed. Looking at it spiritually, we come into this world with one fist closed (natural childbirth) and when we die of natural causes, we open our fist. Life happens between those two instances when we supposedly release whatever we had in that fist. (Call it purpose, destiny, strengths, talents, whatever)

Back to the team yarns, they call this the ‘synergistic effect’, look at it like two meshing gears (sorry for the technical bit) where the peak represents strength and the trough represents weakness. The strength of one individual complements the weakness of the other and so forth leading to rotational motion, which in this case would be a harmonious existence.
I don't agree- but I do get what you are saying, am i not allowed to have a 'smarter' husband? It turns me on, free me! ;p

Long One: We can disagree to agree, and then disagree again.
The higher performing graduates from such are usually socially awkward, I listened to an iTunes podcast a few years ago on the Cambridge boat racing team – I can reference it for you when I get home. Before they could get them to perform, it was a woman who had to calm them down as they were all intellectually sound, so could not give in to each other’s decision.

Thats a big lie! a big lie! and i'm very glad you mentioned the boat race, these universities cannot be rivaled when it comes to social activities. (and bloody drunken students!) Please don't say that again. . . .please don't.

Long One: I meant you should not limit yourself to just one type of University for a potential mate, but look at the man in question. How his strengths and weaknesses complement yours. Not focus on the type of University.
Believe me, I’m also learning from you, just as much as you are learning from me. There is no right answer, just different points of view. It is still your life, just as much as it is mine.

Of course not one! lol- isn't that silly? I think i said before the list was very tongue in cheek. But I can't lie, i will appreciate someone from a good university more. I can't help it i've tried, I really have you don't understand, they just act differently!

Long One: There you go again, judging us, the poor old ‘others’. How about 2pac – dropped out of high school, has a stature in Germany due to his lyrical prowess; Steve Wosniak & Steve Jobs – withdrew from School, both contributed to the microcomputer revolution with Apple; plus many others.

But why did he just mention 2pac? Bhet why? why nau?

Long One: Hahaha, cheeky you, but nice one.

cheesy

Long One: Finally, we are on the same page even though I don’t believe we are products of our environment.

The environment can influence you positively or negatively, but you ultimately have that choice. You hear stories of people who came from terrible environments (ghettos and the likes), yet they still made something of their lives. So, all in all your environment does not determine what you become, you do.

It has a big part, someone from a bad environment has to work much harder than someone from a good one. It makes sense, don't you agree? For example, if a man was openly homophobic, and went to an 'other' university, I will just put it down to him having little (relevant) exposure and a relatively poor education.

Long One: I’m tired of all this analysis, why don’t we hook up to discuss more, then let nature take it’s course. tongue What say you?

You are a jowka, I agree with you for the most part. It's not like coming from a good university guarantees anything, but most successful couples come from similar backgrounds (or from what I've observed). It's better to be married to someone you can respect.
Re: 5 Qualities Of A Wife by tpia5: 2:25pm On Jun 28, 2012
fellis: Qualities I want in a wife:
1. She must be humble and submissive and ready to defer to me whenever I want, must know that the final say lies with me.
2. She must be a good cook, must know how to deliciously prepare my favourite dishes.
3. She must be very beauriful. Slim, figure eight, long mammy-water hair, smooth skin, preferably fair in complexion, luscious lips, cute face, white teeth that are well arranged in the mouth, big boooobs.
4. She must be good at "intimacy" abi is it intimate relations, (what did this man say we should be writing instead of s[i]e[/i]x)? tongue. She must want it as much as I do and be an expert at it, although I also want her to be a decent and well-behaved person, but somehow I still want her to be a p[i]o[/i]rnstar in bed.
5. She must love me more than I love her. (No be me go be mugu for the marriage.)
5 and a half: She must be educated and working. Not just sitting at home to eat my hard earned money.
5 and three quaters: she must be a good and neat home keeper. Can wash my clothes, make my bed, keep the toilet sparkling all the time and scrub floors and remove cobwebs, wash plates etc.

Thats all for now.

Are you on gender reassignment or something. . . . .

This is too easy and extremely familiar, so i'll pass.

Awon were nairaland, lol.

Iyawo maclatunji.
Re: 5 Qualities Of A Wife by adabeke12(f): 5:35am On Aug 13, 2012
shymmex:

Catch your fancy?? shocked shocked shocked shocked

I'd rather try that on a gorilla, than waste my time on you.... grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

And you need to stop advertising yourself to me, you have NEVER been my type - and you will NEVER be... undecided

I just noticed you because you always stalk my threads..

Just fix ya face, ok?... Mynd_44 may be interested in you.

Cheii shymexx u r mean oh. Lol
Re: 5 Qualities Of A Wife by LongOne1(m): 12:18am On Aug 22, 2012
queensmith: You are very right, it is for security. and the fact that most of us are 'like minded'. Probably not really a good thing (we may all be snobs) but it helps for a better relationship.

Funny enough, the ones I have worked with were not snobbish. It’s possible it’s the black ones, particularly Nigerians because of that darned ‘I pass you’ Naija mentality.

queensmith: Lol- there is a fair share of 'top university' graduates with giggs in startbucks- I don't want to think of the number of 'others' busy with 'part time dj' on their resume's grin grin (that was very rude- i'm sorry in advance)

Touché.

queensmith: Thats a big lie! a big lie! and i'm very glad you mentioned the boat race, these universities cannot be rivaled when it comes to social activities. (and bloody drunken students!) Please don't say that again. . . .please don't.

Yeah, they can’t be rivalled in social activities, but the context I used it in was collectively, where individual strengths should complement each other, but becomes an issue when the strengths are the same, even marring performance. This is where they are socially fragile.
[Download Cambidge University’s Itunes U podcast under Management Science and Operations, titled Managing the leaders by Mark De Rond. When you listen to it, around the 6:57 mark he actually calls the higher performing graduates “socially awkward”]

Dr Mark De Rond’s research into high performance teams brought out this fact seen here:

Moreover, in crew selection it occasionally makes sense to sacrifice technical competence to gain social cohesion. Although a particular rower may be sub-optimal in terms of technique, he may optimise crew performance by virtue of his social skills in drawing better performances out of the others, even for a sport reliant on technique, synchronisation and rhythm.
http://www.cam.ac.uk/research/features/the-making-of-a-boat-race-crew/

All I wanted to point out was too much of a good thing can be bad, as his observation also shows when he mentions ‘sacrificing technical competence’. You will notice that prior to this study, Oxford had been winning the boat race, but after this, Cambridge won.

My stand has been, and still is, focusing on the individual’s strength’s will give you a larger range, whereas using the University as a criteria will reduce your options considerably. I hope you find what you are looking for in your type of University, but I still stress the complementary skills part, not someone exactly the same as you.

queensmith: It has a big part, someone from a bad environment has to work much harder than someone from a good one. It makes sense, don't you agree? For example, if a man was openly homophobic, and went to an 'other' university, I will just put it down to him having little (relevant) exposure and a relatively poor education.

Oh well, true, but some of these hard experiences help to strengthen a relationship. The downside is it makes a divorce more difficult, as partners find it hard to part with property at that stage because of the shared history and emotional attachment.

About the homophobic part, you win.

queensmith:
You are a jowka, I agree with you for the most part. It's not like coming from a good university guarantees anything, but most successful couples come from similar backgrounds (or from what I've observed). It's better to be married to someone you can respect.

Fair enough.
Re: 5 Qualities Of A Wife by Nobody: 4:19am On Aug 22, 2012
tpia@:

Are you on gender reassignment or something. . . . .

This is too easy and extremely familiar, so i'll pass.

Awon were nairaland, lol.

Iyawo maclatunji.
I am just seeing this. Wow. grin
lol. Tpia your head no correct o.
Re: 5 Qualities Of A Wife by chrisme(m): 4:25pm On Aug 31, 2012
Shollypopz:
lmao.....that's one perfect woman rit there
and the sophism of some of u guys qualities has me rotflmao.............
don't mind those dreamers!!! Fellas kip dreaming...
Re: 5 Qualities Of A Wife by shelen(f): 10:03am On Jan 10, 2013
qualities of a good wife:

Must be confident of herself
must strive to make her man happy
must be a great cook and great in bed
must be able to balance career and home management
must be sexily submissive smiley
Re: 5 Qualities Of A Wife by shelen(f): 10:10am On Jan 10, 2013
fellis: Qualities I want in a wife:
1. She must be humble and submissive and ready to defer to me whenever I want, must know that the final say lies with me.
2. She must be a good cook, must know how to deliciously prepare my favourite dishes.
3. She must be very beauriful. Slim, figure eight, long mammy-water hair, smooth skin, preferably fair in complexion, luscious lips, cute face, white teeth that are well arranged in the mouth, big boooobs.
4. She must be good at "intimacy" abi is it intimate relations, (what did this man say we should be writing instead of s[i]e[/i]x)? tongue. She must want it as much as I do and be an expert at it, although I also want her to be a decent and well-behaved person, but somehow I still want her to be a p[i]o[/i]rnstar in bed.
5. She must love me more than I love her. (No be me go be mugu for the marriage.)
5 and a half: She must be educated and working. Not just sitting at home to eat my hard earned money.
5 and three quaters: she must be a good and neat home keeper. Can wash my clothes, make my bed, keep the toilet sparkling all the time and scrub floors and remove cobwebs, wash plates etc.

I am sure you will find a woman with these qualities. But before then, you will need to grow up into a man because only a boy who wants to take a major life decision (marrige)will look out for these qualities. Grow up man and wake up from your slumber.....

Thats all for now.

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Online Dating and Possible Marriage. / Why Are Ladies Always Scared Of Cute Guys? / Valentine: List Your Top 3 Romantic Movies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.