Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,559 members, 7,816,356 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:08 AM

Ogun State To Construct Air-conditioned Pedestrian Bridge. - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Ogun State To Construct Air-conditioned Pedestrian Bridge. (16300 Views)

Pedestrian Bridge Collapses On Taxi In Kano, 7 Die (Photo) / Pictures Of Air Conditioned Pedestrian Bridge In Port Harcourt. / Sadiku Bus-stop, Lagos "Killer" Pedestrian-Bridge (WITH PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ogun State To Construct Air-conditioned Pedestrian Bridge. by Gbawe: 12:54pm On May 30, 2012
Beaf:

Seriously, you are a real fool. Is this not Totoro Road where the wonderful "airconditioned" Bridge is going to be? Does it look any different from a battlefield for poverty? Who needs an airconditioned bridge to cross any road, talkless of one that looks as much a witches playground as that one?

What a wicked, thieving fool! angry

Please go and sit down. You are once again exposed as a class A m.or.on with your im.becilic submission that a Country with cold weather for perhaps 8 months out of 12 , with more of an interest in heating than cooling, should provide the lead for a Nation with arid conditions for almost 12 months. You cannot even deduce logically valid comparisons a 6 year old can work out. What is proof you just argue for the sake of it other than the nonsense you write below?

If there is no airconditioned bridge in London, rich as it is, why should there be one anywhere in Nigeria where shocking poverty is rife?

This is all you do these day. Go around derailing threads and preventing positive discussions with your bellicose Olodo submissions that is limited to fighting folks via creating stupid argument to say B when they say A. What have you done here if not made a fool of yourself? This is why, everywhere and on every thread, all you get is insults from everyone. Shameless ode.
Re: Ogun State To Construct Air-conditioned Pedestrian Bridge. by jmaine: 12:55pm On May 30, 2012
Am still hoping it's some form of comedy wink . . . Cos it's hilarious i must confess grin . . .

Am not believing it yet until . . . . .
Re: Ogun State To Construct Air-conditioned Pedestrian Bridge. by philip0906(m): 12:57pm On May 30, 2012
ACn and PDP aree a party of clowns. . .Bad roads litter d state, Insecurity is @ its peak in d state but our dear gominor prefers 2 build airconditioned bridge. . .i laff grin grin grin
Re: Ogun State To Construct Air-conditioned Pedestrian Bridge. by Beaf: 1:04pm On May 30, 2012
Amosun, the "innovative" governor! grin grin grin grin

Re: Ogun State To Construct Air-conditioned Pedestrian Bridge. by Beaf: 1:11pm On May 30, 2012
Gbawe:

Please go and sit down. You are once again exposed as a class A m.or.on with your im.becilic submission that a Country with cold weather for perhaps 8 months out of 12 , with more of an interest in heating than cooling, should provide the lead for a Nation with arid conditions for almost 12 months. You cannot even deduce logically valid comparisons a 6 year old can work out. What is proof you just argue for the sake of it other than the nonsense you write below?

This is all you do these day. Go around derailing threads and preventing positive discussions with your bellicose Olodo submissions that is limited to fighting folks via creating stupid argument to say B when they say A. What have you done here if not made a fool of yourself? This is why, everywhere and on every thread, all you get is insults from everyone. Shameless ode.

Broda Gbawe's "positive discussion!"

To cut your meaningless epistle short; it is now not that you people are stealing, but that Amosun is bringing winter to Osun, so that he can build a bridge with heating and cooling! shocked
Okon come e! Dis matter bele don bend o! grin grin grin

Re: Ogun State To Construct Air-conditioned Pedestrian Bridge. by Geniro: 1:12pm On May 30, 2012
Gbawe:

When was Ogun state and even the entire Southern Nigeria considered an Arid region, with conditions lasting almost 12 months

Your are here to stand brief over the indefensible embarassed

1 Like

Re: Ogun State To Construct Air-conditioned Pedestrian Bridge. by presido1: 1:12pm On May 30, 2012
Gbawe, are you looking for more infor to support or go against the air conditioned bridge? Whatever might be the info you are looking for can not make this this bridge a right project.

Am not sitting at the fence as you feel rather i see no good in any of the side. If we put you in GEJ's position today you gonna act like him going by your posts on this forum and same to all pdp supporters here and outside. I dont speak from both sides of my mouth thatz why i only enjoy reading you people displaying your idiocy.
Re: Ogun State To Construct Air-conditioned Pedestrian Bridge. by Beaf: 1:14pm On May 30, 2012
Gbawe! Tell us what needs attention.

Again, this is the road the wonder pedestrian bridge is going to cross:

[flash=420,315]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxHDXG20ctk[/flash]

...And this is a primary school in a rural area in Ogun state:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/557431_Ogun1_jpg57160e6ad47cd6f6179bcbb19f78d20a
Re: Ogun State To Construct Air-conditioned Pedestrian Bridge. by 0108(m): 1:18pm On May 30, 2012
oga, in my state, road is constructed at N1billion/km
Re: Ogun State To Construct Air-conditioned Pedestrian Bridge. by Funkymallam(m): 1:42pm On May 30, 2012
Gbawe:

This is what some of you are about on this forum. I.e stupidly sitting on the fence indicting everyone of "hypocrisy" because they don't join you to condemn everything and everyone. Clearly you are one of the losers here who contribute nothing and never bothers to read the posts of others. When I have written clearly as I do below, you are only displaying prejudice and a mindless stereotyping of others with your silly insinuation that I endorse this. Is asking you to look for more information not to your own benefit? Do you want to always speak/act out of ignorance like an uncouth savage?

See defence strategy. cheesy

I wonder hw many chapters and verses of epistles u would have written provided this is frm GEJ or a PDP governor.sad shocked

1 Like

Re: Ogun State To Construct Air-conditioned Pedestrian Bridge. by icez: 1:46pm On May 30, 2012
grin grin grin grin

Funkymallam:

See defence strategy. cheesy

I wonder hw many chapters and verses of epistles u would have written provided this is frm GEJ or a PDP governor.sad shocked

Re: Ogun State To Construct Air-conditioned Pedestrian Bridge. by aljharem(m): 1:46pm On May 30, 2012
complete waste of money.

IPPs are there to be built, this Amosun man is building bridge with AC embarassed I am embarrassed

what would power the AC, another generator thus more money wasting ?

I don't understand if we elect illiterates angry or what
Re: Ogun State To Construct Air-conditioned Pedestrian Bridge. by Nobody: 1:48pm On May 30, 2012
What is all this noise about weather condition, people walk and work inside the sun and rain everytime, they'll only spend 3-5mins on the bridge depending on the distance and how fast the person is, then they'll return back to the sun or rain or whatever, so what has weather got to do with this.

2 Likes

Re: Ogun State To Construct Air-conditioned Pedestrian Bridge. by Funkymallam(m): 1:50pm On May 30, 2012
Gbawe:

My brother, learn to ignore the imbecilic m.o.r.on. What is the point responding to a dull.ard who writes what we see below without factoring climate challenges into his thinking:

Even the slowest of r.etards knows that the UK does not share climatic conditions with Nigeria. In fact comparing the UK's climate to that of Nigeria is like comparing night to day. The olodo is not bright enough to see that the UK spends inversely far more assuaging the discomfort of climate by heating trains and public places. It is clear, some in their haste to oppose others, fail to engage their brain before speaking. The UK has more need for heating than cooling. The opposite is true for Nigeria.

The Countries we do share climatic conditions with use air-conditioned footbridges also and , unless costs and total scope of projects are enumerated, we are only pandering to ignorance shouting here. I would personally like to gain more information about the project in its entirety before commenting either way.

This is ur answer:

sheyguy: The whole idea of a bridge like this in a state where we saw pics of infrastructurally deficient primary school not too long ago on NL is the most stupid thing i ever heard of. We are not in Asia or Califonia where temparature gets as high as 50 degree celcius yet, our immediate need in Nigeria and Ogun state in particular still remains power food, healthcare and education.

U r sounding lyk a broken record already.

Shame! Shame!! Shame!!!
Re: Ogun State To Construct Air-conditioned Pedestrian Bridge. by Beaf: 1:53pm On May 30, 2012
salakobaba: What is all this noise about weather condition, people walk and work inside the sun and rain everytime, they'll only spend 3-5mins on the bridge depending on the distance and how fast the person is, then they'll return back to the sun or rain or whatever, so what has weather got to do with this.

The worst part is that from the video I have posted, the road does not even need a pedestrian bridge. Traffic is quite light on it and zebra crossings would do just fine. Zebra crossings are just paint (a few thousand quid only).

What we have here is very dangerous poverty of imagination and very likely, a nake'd lounge at the "cookie jar."
Re: Ogun State To Construct Air-conditioned Pedestrian Bridge. by Ejine(m): 1:56pm On May 30, 2012
Yet another master-stroke from the 'progressives'. grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Ogun State To Construct Air-conditioned Pedestrian Bridge. by mykejones(m): 1:57pm On May 30, 2012
And i thought the ACN led states would be a lot wiser.
Re: Ogun State To Construct Air-conditioned Pedestrian Bridge. by Funkymallam(m): 1:57pm On May 30, 2012
alj harem: complete waste of money.

IPPs are there to be built, this Amosun man is building bridge with AC embarassed I am embarrassed

what would power the AC, another generator thus more money wasting ?

I don't understand if we elect illiterates angry or what

I wonder hw some leaders think.
I think ppl need medical clearance and checks on their sanity b4 being approved to contest elections in this country. angry

1 Like

Re: Ogun State To Construct Air-conditioned Pedestrian Bridge. by Gbawe: 1:58pm On May 30, 2012
Funkymallam:

This is ur answer:

U r sounding lyk a broken record already.

Shame! Shame!! Shame!!!

My guy, you have begun your personality-centred rant again? Show where I defend this project or give absolute endorsement of it. If I don't join you to condemn and damn conclusively, that does not mean I support this. This would be clear to you, at least here, if all your responses are not centred around just blindly opposing certain posters from one thread to the next like a petty scorned woman.

Gbawe wrote:
My brother, we simply don't have enough info to speak conclusively. For example, an enclosed footbridge may be totally appropriate if the entire area is to become a built up business/Civil service/commercial district. Outside those built environment challenges, an airconditioned footbridge would be hard to justify and a total waste of money in my opinion.
Re: Ogun State To Construct Air-conditioned Pedestrian Bridge. by Chyz2: 1:59pm On May 30, 2012
White elephant project. Fail!

1 Like

Re: Ogun State To Construct Air-conditioned Pedestrian Bridge. by Raphtop(m): 2:05pm On May 30, 2012
salakobaba: The Ogun State Government on Monday announced its plan to construct the first pedestrian bridge in Abeokuta , the state capital. Governor Ibikunle Amosun says the bridge will be air-conditioned.
The bridge will be built around the famous Ibara roundabout of the ancient town, and is expected to reduce traffic congestion and accidents at the ever busy junction.
Mr. Amosun made the disclosure while commissioning the 2.5km Ibara-Ita-Eko road in Abeokuta which gulped a total of N1.3bn
http://premiumtimesng.com/news/national/5340-ogun_to_construct_air-conditioned_pedestrian_bridge.html
Misplaced Priority
Re: Ogun State To Construct Air-conditioned Pedestrian Bridge. by Funkymallam(m): 2:08pm On May 30, 2012
Gbawe:

My guy, you have begun your personality-centred rant again? Show where I defend this project or give absolute endorsement of it. If I don't join you to condemn and damn conclusively, that does not mean I support this. This would be clear to you, at least here, if all your responses are not centred around just blindly opposing certain posters from one thread to the next like a petty scorned woman.

Gbawe wrote:

Bro, this answers u.

Funkymallam: And to think that some ppl here, whom are expected to b atleast educated, even if not intelligent are supporting this and @ d same time sitting on d fence all in d name of sycophancy is most pathetic! Smh

Tell urself the truth, there is nothing laudable here, stop dancing around already.

AC in a foot bridge? Gosh! Tell me its a joke sad
Re: Ogun State To Construct Air-conditioned Pedestrian Bridge. by Debbiemorris: 2:11pm On May 30, 2012
What kind of bad ideal is this? People are crying 4 pipe born water, bole holes. Electricities,housing,securities,roads we are claiming good economy. Is this good economy? Infact,this our governor is not thinking. He does not have the head they are thinking. And i can't blame him when he is well ok! With money...
Re: Ogun State To Construct Air-conditioned Pedestrian Bridge. by Gbawe: 2:12pm On May 30, 2012
salakobaba: What is all this noise about weather condition, people walk and work inside the sun and rain everytime, they'll only spend 3-5mins on the bridge depending on the distance and how fast the person is, then they'll return back to the sun or rain or whatever, so what has weather got to do with this.

Once again, this is the mischief you display time and time again that shows you are one of those who contribute not based on what is written but according to opposing/siding with certain posters. My talk of weather is in response to the nonsense below you had no comment about:

If there is no airconditioned bridge in London, rich as it is, why should there be one anywhere in Nigeria where shocking poverty is rife?

My talk about weather is to highlight how the argument above is totally stupid. Obviously you don't have a problem with it because it is submitted by one of your co-travellers in mischief.

Naturally, London's focus will be more to do with heating being a generally cold City for much of the year. Why should anyone then ask a Nigerian State to take its cue from London considering the entirely different climatic challenges of both?

Are you as stupid as the i.di.ot who submitted the above not to know that London spends a massive amount heating public places throughout the year thereby nullifying the silly argument of your 'pal'? That is my point. The weather dictates that London spends on heating, most months of the year, and not air-conditioning. This, the City indeed does. Weather challenges also means Nigeria can do the opposite if funds and priority allow i.e spend on cooling to keep citizens comfortable. Seriously, you guys are ruining this forum with how you go around opposing others routinely from thread to thread without engaging your brain or comprehension skills.

Re: Ogun State To Construct Air-conditioned Pedestrian Bridge. by Debbiemorris: 2:12pm On May 30, 2012
[b][/b]What kind of bad ideal is this? People are crying 4 pipe born water, bole holes. Electricities,housing,securities,roads we are claiming good economy. Is this good economy? Infact,this our governor is not thinking. He does not have the head they are thinking. And i can't blame him when he is well ok! With money... What kind of bad ideal is this? People are crying 4 pipe born water, bole holes. Electricities,housing,securities,roads we are claiming good economy. Is this good economy? Infact,this our governor is not thinking. He does not have the head they are thinking. And i can't blame him when he is well ok! With money... What kind of bad ideal is this? People are crying 4 pipe born water, bole holes. Electricities,housing,securities,roads we are claiming good economy. Is this good economy? Infact,this our governor is not thinking. He does not have the head they are thinking. And i can't blame him when he is well ok! With money...
Re: Ogun State To Construct Air-conditioned Pedestrian Bridge. by jimjones: 2:13pm On May 30, 2012
wow...the industrial strength stupidity of our rulers in overdrive. 1.3bn on an ac-fitted foot bridge, while kids in primary schools study under trees.

abi na nepa go power this bridge, yea?
Re: Ogun State To Construct Air-conditioned Pedestrian Bridge. by miteolu(m): 2:14pm On May 30, 2012
100% elephant project. Many road in Ogun state mostly OTA need urgent rehabilitation. But see this oge fila governor went to his father's community to waste billions of naira. So, for a whole year wasteful pedestrian bridge is his ultimate and alone achievement. CFA foe that matter
Re: Ogun State To Construct Air-conditioned Pedestrian Bridge. by aletheia(m): 2:17pm On May 30, 2012
Gbawe:
Usually, some pedestrian bridges are totally enclosed for safety reasons especially when they link malls and or buildings. If the design decision is that an enclosed footbridge works best, then it must be cooled also. I am not saying I support this but we should not condemn it routinely either without knowledge of the entire scope of the project.

Enclosed airconditioned footbridges , such as that seen below, are common and can be a design/architechural neccessity in relation to what will be linked. We just don't know enough to be entirely negative.

And the award for obdurate obfuscating hypocrisy goes to. . .Gbawe of NL. This post is another typical example of the crap you post. grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Ogun State To Construct Air-conditioned Pedestrian Bridge. by Gbawe: 2:18pm On May 30, 2012
Funkymallam:

Bro, this answers u.

Tell urself the truth, there is nothing laudable here, stop dancing around already.

AC in a foot bridge? Gosh! Tell me its a joke sad

Can't you just admit you are wrong for once and move on? Where have I said there is anything "laudable here"? In fact I make it clear that unless this is in response to specific design/built environment challenge targets, then this is a total waste of money. This is a classic display of i.diocy and carrying around bad belle needlessly. We are not saying different things and you only just conclude we are because of your inability to view what some write on an individual basis.

Gbawe wrote:
My brother, we simply don't have enough info to speak conclusively. For example, an enclosed footbridge may be totally appropriate if the entire area is to become a built up business/Civil service/commercial district. Outside those built environment challenges, an airconditioned footbridge would be hard to justify and a total waste of money in my opinion.
Re: Ogun State To Construct Air-conditioned Pedestrian Bridge. by beatanoti: 2:20pm On May 30, 2012
this governor brain is sinking pls help, can some1 tell him the road that lead from toll gate to ota needs quick attention........... AC ko DC ni
Re: Ogun State To Construct Air-conditioned Pedestrian Bridge. by brabus(m): 2:22pm On May 30, 2012
REDs house:

if he has used the money like his predecessor has done what will become of him afterall he is not doing it in his fathers house it will be utilize by the same hungry people in ogun state so lets support him cos we cant get there if we cant take a step

[size=18]POMP AND PAGEANTRY[/size]

Gov. Amosun spend N1.3b to [size=15]EXPAND[/size] and not construct a road of 2.4km

[size=15]Take Note of this![/size]

(a)  The road itself and the desirability of its expansion vis-a-vis its socio-economic significance.

(b) The number of kilometres involved in relationship with the cost of contract.

The stretch of road has no concentration of medium or big businesses. No concentration of Banks, Petrol Station, Government office, Hotel, entertainment outfit or edifice of note, and importantly, the road does not experience any major traffic gridlock to have warranted this luxury expenditure.

This is to say the
[size=15]expansion[/size] is a waste, undesired and a self serving initiative to siphon state funds; suffice it to say that his uncompleted mansion is located within the area.

Mathematically, [size=18]Amosun is constructing a kilometre for N500million![/size]

Is that development?

Daniel dualized 37km Abeokuta-Kobape-Siun-Sagamu road @ N52m per km for N1.93b

Oya talk now! Who's a thief?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Enugu Airport: Easter Deadline Suspended Because Of Workers’ Withdrawal / Normal Traffic Operations Resume In USA / Nigeria Loses Revenue From Aviation As Ghana Leads

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.