Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,243 members, 7,818,829 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:13 AM

Ogun State To Construct Air-conditioned Pedestrian Bridge. - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Ogun State To Construct Air-conditioned Pedestrian Bridge. (16307 Views)

Pedestrian Bridge Collapses On Taxi In Kano, 7 Die (Photo) / Pictures Of Air Conditioned Pedestrian Bridge In Port Harcourt. / Sadiku Bus-stop, Lagos "Killer" Pedestrian-Bridge (WITH PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ogun State To Construct Air-conditioned Pedestrian Bridge. by Reference(m): 11:50am On May 30, 2012
Silva79: God what exactly is our offence? Why do we have useless and senseless pple in government? Why why why why...i'm just tired of dis country

grin grin grin Nah dear. Thou has not sinned, neither has thy father or father's furtherest father, but so that the glory of God might be made manifest. This country.
Re: Ogun State To Construct Air-conditioned Pedestrian Bridge. by member479760: 11:52am On May 30, 2012
when some places in Ogun state never saw light since independent. at least those Aro guys go see place sleep.
Re: Ogun State To Construct Air-conditioned Pedestrian Bridge. by debosky(m): 11:55am On May 30, 2012
Utterly misplaced priorities.

Most enclosed pedestrian bridges are enclosed specifically to protect against harsh weather - primarily winter conditions. Last I checked, there was no winter in Ogun state.

Furthermore, why did a 2.5km road cost 1.3bn? Does that mean a 20km road will cost 10bn and so forth?
Re: Ogun State To Construct Air-conditioned Pedestrian Bridge. by Nobody: 11:56am On May 30, 2012
X_box:

Do u resides in dubai? i do
No, if you're asking because of the bridge, it's picture is in the full article.
Re: Ogun State To Construct Air-conditioned Pedestrian Bridge. by kasperone8: 11:57am On May 30, 2012
Gbawe:
Usually, some pedestrian bridges are totally enclosed for safety reasons especially when they link malls and or buildings. If the design decision is that an enclosed footbridge works best, then it must be cooled also. I am not saying I support this but we should not condemn it routinely either without knowledge of the entire scope of the project.

Enclosed airconditioned footbridges , such as that seen below, are common and can be a design/architechural neccessity in relation to what will be linked. We just don't know enough to be entirely negative.

[img]http://imagesus.holiday-rentals.co.uk/mda01/01f4467b01e447775fc56e88e849783f1911576e[/img]

shocked

1 Like

Re: Ogun State To Construct Air-conditioned Pedestrian Bridge. by REDshouse(m): 11:58am On May 30, 2012
greenlilly: And for those of you that are in suppose of him I pity you.Your future is in jeopardy while u remain hopeless.God will not forgive those who support wicked ideas and deeds Amen

why cant you embrace innovation, if was fashola or ameachi, or malu president you will all be happy is it only this states that deserve good things and innovations pls let judge him after completeing the project.
Re: Ogun State To Construct Air-conditioned Pedestrian Bridge. by REDshouse(m): 12:00pm On May 30, 2012
debosky: Utterly misplaced priorities.

Most enclosed pedestrian bridges are enclosed specifically to protect against harsh weather - primarily winter conditions. Last I checked, there was no winter in Ogun state.

Furthermore, why did a 2.5km road cost 1.3bn? Does that mean a 20km road will cost 10bn and so forth?

but of recent snow fell in abeokuta
Re: Ogun State To Construct Air-conditioned Pedestrian Bridge. by PhysicsQED(m): 12:00pm On May 30, 2012
@ Gbawe, I don't see what the point of an enclosed bridge would be. Are they scared of people throwing stuff from the bridge or are they just scared of birdshit? If it's raining, people can get umbrellas.

And I don't see what the point of an air conditioned bridge would be even if it were enclosed. It's not like they're going to sit around and loiter there. Put some heat reflecting or resistive materials or coatings on the outside of it and it'll be cool enough instead of diverting any of what little electricity is available to excessively cooling a place no one is going to be for any extended period of time.

This is a waste of time and money, period.

2 Likes

Re: Ogun State To Construct Air-conditioned Pedestrian Bridge. by adetwin(m): 12:00pm On May 30, 2012
Is this d solution to solve Ogun state Issues, Roads plenty which av not been completed & more many things I cant Mention all "MAY GOD DELIVER NIGERIA "
Re: Ogun State To Construct Air-conditioned Pedestrian Bridge. by greenlilly(m): 12:01pm On May 30, 2012
Reds house pls with high regard to you how will they power the ACs? With 2800Mw for 168 million pple even traffic light that doesn't consume much suffer from power dearth not to talk of AC of how many HOrsepower.let us be sincere with our selves will don't need this development at this time maybe when we are sure of being to power it well
Re: Ogun State To Construct Air-conditioned Pedestrian Bridge. by REDshouse(m): 12:05pm On May 30, 2012
ismhab: THIS IS TOTAL MADNESS, PEOPLE ARE DYING OF HUNGER WHILE THOSE RESPONSIBLE IN GOVERNMENT ARE SOME HOW CRAZY, WHY NOT INVEST IN AGRICULTURE TO FIGHT HUNGER, THEY SAY AN HUNGERY MAN IS AN ANGRY MAN.

if he has used the money like his predecessor has done what will become of him afterall he is not doing it in his fathers house it will be utilize by the same hungry people in ogun state so lets support him cos we cant get there if we cant take a step
Re: Ogun State To Construct Air-conditioned Pedestrian Bridge. by Nobody: 12:07pm On May 30, 2012
There's no need for enclosed bridge, if you're talking about weather or anything, they'll walk on a road that is not enclosed then climb through the pedestrian bridge and still descend back to the road again, so what's the usefulness of the enclosed bridge.
Re: Ogun State To Construct Air-conditioned Pedestrian Bridge. by REDshouse(m): 12:10pm On May 30, 2012
greenlilly: Reds house pls with high regard to you how will they power the ACs? With 2800Mw for 168 million pple even traffic light that doesn't consume much suffer from power dearth not to talk of AC of how many HOrsepower.let us be sincere with our selves will don't need this development at this time maybe when we are sure of being to power it well

how was oshodi oke and ikeja street light being powered, what you dont know is that there are many source of power its not a must to be nepa or phcn , more so the project will bring employment cos there will be security guards cleaners and management/ maintenance officers to be employed so lets embrace it
Re: Ogun State To Construct Air-conditioned Pedestrian Bridge. by Beaf: 12:12pm On May 30, 2012
Gbawe:
Usually, some pedestrian bridges are totally enclosed for safety reasons especially when they link malls and or buildings. If the design decision is that an enclosed footbridge works best, then it must be cooled also. I am not saying I support this but we should not condemn it routinely either without knowledge of the entire scope of the project.

Enclosed airconditioned footbridges , such as that seen below, are common and can be a design/architechural neccessity in relation to what will be linked. We just don't know enough to be entirely negative.

[img]http://imagesus.holiday-rentals.co.uk/mda01/01f4467b01e447775fc56e88e849783f1911576e[/img]

My brother, as usual, I feel like slapping you. angry
"design/architechural neccessity?" Are you mad?
The evil in you decided it would be best to post a pic of part of a set of luxury ocean front condominiums from Panama City. Built for the stinking rich, by the stinking rich. Its (USD)$99 - $165 per night and $695 - $1,795 per week: http://www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p230091. But here we are talking about Ogun state! If I could lay my hands on you this moment, you would be certain that there would be boys to punch you in parts of your body you never knew existed; people to physically work you over until the evil spirits cleared from your glutinous thieving eyes.

Why is it you that is always present to defend lies and stup!dity? What is wrong with you?
You claim to live in London, can I ask where in that illustrious city you have seen an airconditioned bridge? Let us take note that the budget for Greater London alone is two thirds of that of the entire Nigeria. If there is no airconditioned bridge in London, rich as it is, why should there be one anywhere in Nigeria where shocking poverty is rife?

It is clear as daylight that the money for this wonder bridge is being lined up to be stolen. For what reason outside stup!dity does anyone need to be airconditioned on a bridge?

Why would you come and support absolutely id!otic things? Do you have a heart and a soul? Why are you so wicked? angry angry angry

3 Likes

Re: Ogun State To Construct Air-conditioned Pedestrian Bridge. by jmaine: 12:14pm On May 30, 2012
REDs house:

why cant you embrace innovation, if was fashola or ameachi, or malu president you will all be happy is it only this states that deserve good things and innovations pls let judge him after completeing the project.

I like waiting for people like you at the other side of the fence . . . . cool . . . .Innovation indeed . . . .

@ Thread . .no comment cos it sounds comic to me . . .is this actually real undecided
Re: Ogun State To Construct Air-conditioned Pedestrian Bridge. by REDshouse(m): 12:19pm On May 30, 2012
Beaf:

My brother, as usual, I feel like slapping you. angry
"design/architechural neccessity?" Are you mad?
The evil in you decided it would be best to post a pic of part of a set of luxury ocean front condominiums from Panama City. Built for the stinking rich, by the stinking rich. But here we are talking about Ogun state! If I could lay my hands on you this moment, you would be certain that there would be boys to punch you in parts of your body you never knew existed; people to physically work you over until the evil spirits cleared from your glutinous thieving eyes.

Why is it you that is always present to defend lies and stup!dity? What is wrong with you?
You claim to live in London, can I ask where in that illustrious city you have seen an airconditioned bridge? Let us take note that the budget for Greater London alone is two thirds of that of the entire Nigeria. If there is no airconditioned bridge in London, rich as it is, why should there be one anywhere in Nigeria where shocking poverty is rife?

what

It is clear as daylight that the money for this wonder bridge is being lined up to be stolen. For what reason outside stupid!ty does anyone need to be airconditioned on a bridge?

Why would you come and support absolutely id!otic things? Do you have a heart and a soul? Why are you so wicked? angry angry angry

you are as stu.pid as ur name implies
is it a must that we compare ourself with london or america, why cant we just do what is right by bringing innovations to the country irrespective of states . or is it because ur malu president has nothing to offer than boko haram and corruption... i pity you and ur generations to be, that was how the great awo was citicize when he brought tv and radio to naija .
Re: Ogun State To Construct Air-conditioned Pedestrian Bridge. by Beaf: 12:20pm On May 30, 2012
REDs house:

but of recent snow fell in abeokuta

[size=14pt]Kpuho! Kpuho!! Kpuho!!![/size]

Unu go take laf broke antelope waist o!

Re: Ogun State To Construct Air-conditioned Pedestrian Bridge. by Afam4eva(m): 12:21pm On May 30, 2012
This is totally uncalled for. What's the use of an air-conditioned bridge in a country that's struggling with power and it's citizens are leaving in squarlor. Just give us a fvcking bridge, school, hospital etc even if they don't have an air-conditioning system for a start.
Re: Ogun State To Construct Air-conditioned Pedestrian Bridge. by Gbawe: 12:24pm On May 30, 2012
presido1: Air conditioned foot bridge to prevent people getting GEJ fresh air. This man must be a genius. tongue tongue

And people are supporting this, For PDP supporters what ever PDP man do is ok and same goes to every other party.

If this happens to be a pdp gov beef will punch the air to celebrate yet another innovation from his party but have condenmed it cos its Acn, Gbawe will do the same, infact hez done that already.

Hypocricy everywhere.

Air conditioned foot brdge when govt offices gat none. ebewu.

This is what some of you are about on this forum. I.e stupidly sitting on the fence indicting everyone of "hypocrisy" because they don't join you to condemn everything and everyone. Clearly you are one of the losers here who contribute nothing and never bothers to read the posts of others. When I have written clearly as I do below, you are only displaying prejudice and a mindless stereotyping of others with your silly insinuation that I endorse this. Is asking you to look for more information not to your own benefit? Do you want to always speak/act out of ignorance like an uncouth savage?

My brother, we simply don't have enough info to speak conclusively. For example, an enclosed footbridge may be totally appropriate if the entire area is to become a built up business/Civil service/commercial district. Outside those built environment challenges, an airconditioned footbridge would be hard to justify and a total waste of money in my opinion.
Re: Ogun State To Construct Air-conditioned Pedestrian Bridge. by onatisi(m): 12:24pm On May 30, 2012
air conditioned bridge in a society with epileptic power supply?i thought gej was stupid but as stupid as he was he never brought up an idea as this
Re: Ogun State To Construct Air-conditioned Pedestrian Bridge. by REDshouse(m): 12:25pm On May 30, 2012
jmaine:

I like waiting for people like you at the other side of the fence . . . . cool . . . .Innovation indeed . . . .

@ Thread . .no comment cos it sounds comic to me . . .is this actually real undecided
silly idiot

if amosun uses 16yrs in ogun state he wont tarred all roads so if he believes he can do it to bring more fame and innovations to Ogun let him do it

Iseya Iseya Omo Ogun Iseya ya
Re: Ogun State To Construct Air-conditioned Pedestrian Bridge. by jason123: 12:26pm On May 30, 2012
WHITE ELEPHANT PROJECT!!!

Just build the damn bridge! All these air condition etc is not necessary!
Re: Ogun State To Construct Air-conditioned Pedestrian Bridge. by Reference(m): 12:26pm On May 30, 2012
I personally think there is a disconnect somewhere. In the first place I don't think it should be the state's responsibility to build pedestrian bridges. That local government and councils are better at adjudging such needs and standards. If the people who live and work around such localities want escalators, moving side walks and the lot, they should discuss such with their council and perhaps put the money down to provide these comforts.

Within states the chief executive will be hard pressed to defend such expenditure particularly if he cannot reproduce such standards statewide.

Now I happened to have passed through Ota a while ago and all accesses were quite frankly atrocious. How will those folks feel about this. Our public officials are experts at making things difficult for themselves.
Re: Ogun State To Construct Air-conditioned Pedestrian Bridge. by yogun(f): 12:29pm On May 30, 2012
What really are the offences of the masses of this country Why are the poor made to suffer at their own expense When people are crying for power supply which they pay for & never enjoy, the govt is planning to increase the said tariff even when power supply is comatose.

I don't think this kind of facility is needed now cos our govt don't know how to maintain such...
The amount voted for the fitting of the ac in the bridge can be channeled towards other project.
I grew up visiting govt library but they've all become ɑ̈ thing of the past.
No healthcare, no power supply, no water supply, no roads, no security of lives & properties etc.
God pls touch our leaders
Re: Ogun State To Construct Air-conditioned Pedestrian Bridge. by jmaine: 12:31pm On May 30, 2012
REDs house: silly idiot

if amosun uses 16yrs in ogun state he wont tarred all roads so if he believes he can do it to bring more fame and innovations to Ogun let him do it

Iseya Iseya Omo Ogun Iseya ya

You are still emitting pungent stench rubbish . . .what were you trying to say again undecided
Re: Ogun State To Construct Air-conditioned Pedestrian Bridge. by Gbawe: 12:35pm On May 30, 2012
REDs house:

is it a must that we compare ourself with london or america, why cant we just do what is right by bringing innovations to the country irrespective of states . or is it because ur malu president has nothing to offer than boko haram and corruption... i pity you and ur generations to be, that was how the great awo was citicize when he brought tv and radio to naija .

My brother, learn to ignore the imbecilic m.o.r.on. What is the point responding to a dull.ard who writes what we see below without factoring climate challenges into his thinking:

If there is no airconditioned bridge in London, rich as it is, why should there be one anywhere in Nigeria where shocking poverty is rife?

Even the slowest of r.etards knows that the UK does not share climatic conditions with Nigeria. In fact comparing the UK's climate to that of Nigeria is like comparing night to day. The olodo is not bright enough to see that the UK spends inversely far more assuaging the discomfort of climate by heating trains and public places. It is clear, some in their haste to oppose others, fail to engage their brain before speaking. The UK has more need for heating than cooling. The opposite is true for Nigeria.

The Countries we do share climatic conditions with use air-conditioned footbridges also and , unless costs and total scope of projects are enumerated, we are only pandering to ignorance shouting here. I would personally like to gain more information about the project in its entirety before commenting either way.
Re: Ogun State To Construct Air-conditioned Pedestrian Bridge. by beautifulzerah(f): 12:38pm On May 30, 2012
Our leaders can make you laugh and forget your surname. the AC for better for country wey get maintainance culture. after some months una no go c the AC make the tin dey work. dem fit switch am off make the bros come vex, remove the tin. i just tire. abeg the man don complete him manifestoes before him wan put AC for bridge. yeye!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Ogun State To Construct Air-conditioned Pedestrian Bridge. by Nobody: 12:39pm On May 30, 2012
life_style: Build factories and technical colleges....

Total gbam. You sir, know what people need right now. Its as simple as abc, build technical colleges, build factories. The moment you have those, you are well positioned to develope. I don't know why our governors just can't understand this simple concept, and i said it before, if you don't know which path to follow, then copy others who succeeded on that path, ain't nothing wrong with that.
china developed with sheer huge numbers of factories and technical colleges/universities to support those factories. same with russia, germany e.t.c when u are well industrialized, enjoying 24/7 electricty, good roads, good income e.t.c then you can now think of airconditioned p. bridges.
Re: Ogun State To Construct Air-conditioned Pedestrian Bridge. by Beaf: 12:44pm On May 30, 2012
Gbawe:

My brother, learn to ignore the imbecilic m.o.r.on. What is the point responding to a dull.ard who writes:

Even the slowest of r.etards knows that the UK does not share climatic conditions with Nigeria. In fact comparing the UK's climate to that of Nigeria is like comparing night to day. The olodo is not bright enough to see that the UK spends inversely far more assuaging the discomfort of climate by heating trains and public places. It is clear, some in their haste to oppose others, fail to engage their brain before speaking. The UK has more need for heating than cooling. The opposite is true for Nigeria.

The Countries we do share climatic conditions with use air-conditioned footbridges also and , unless costs and total scope of projects are enumerated, we are only pandering to ignorance shouting here. I would personally like to gain more information about the project in its entirety before commenting either way.

Seriously, you are a real fool. Is this not Totoro Road where the wonderful "airconditioned" Bridge is going to be? Does it look any different from a battlefield for poverty? Who needs an airconditioned bridge to cross any road, talkless of one that looks as much a witches playground as that one?

What a wicked, thieving fool! angry

[flash=420,315]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxHDXG20ctk[/flash]
Re: Ogun State To Construct Air-conditioned Pedestrian Bridge. by Beaf: 12:49pm On May 30, 2012
REDs house:

Ah ah! E be like say dis one na NURTW wen don shak alomo bitters!
"Innovation!" English don suffer!

Dude, the only innovative thing about that id!otic bridge is tha fact that it is a brazen attempt to steal money by people like you and Gbawe.

Nematode.

1 Like

Re: Ogun State To Construct Air-conditioned Pedestrian Bridge. by Nobody: 12:51pm On May 30, 2012
AyoJames: There's no need for enclosed bridge, if you're talking about weather or anything, they'll walk on a road that is not enclosed then climb through the pedestrian bridge and still descend back to the road again, so what's the usefulness of the enclosed bridge.
Once again, weather is not a good reason, even the governor never mention weather except the FIRST AC pedestrian bridge, so why are you people defending what Amosun did not even mention
Re: Ogun State To Construct Air-conditioned Pedestrian Bridge. by sheyguy: 12:51pm On May 30, 2012
The whole idea of a bridge like this in a state where we saw pics of "infrastructurally" deficient primary school not too long ago on NL is the most stupid thing i ever heard of. We are not in Asia or Califonia where temparature gets as high as 50 degree celcius yet, our immediate need in Nigeria and Ogun state in particular still remains power food, healthcare and education.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

I'm A South African Living In Abuja My Experiences So Far.... / Normal Traffic Operations Resume In USA / Nigeria Loses Revenue From Aviation As Ghana Leads

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.