Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,212 members, 7,822,082 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:55 AM

Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop - Travel (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop (98579 Views)

Derailed Train At Iju Station Today (photo) / Crashed Dana Airplane's Manifest / Pictures Of The Crashed Dana Airplane At Iju (agege) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by wills(m): 6:14pm On Jun 03, 2012
This same airline operators Dana, had an Emergency Landing in Lagos at MM2, just barely over 3 weeks ago and yet no body or the responsible authority did any serious inspection or regulations of this Airline or on any troubled airline.

Dear God have mercy on airline users and save them from a system that is failing day by day. Its so sad, its always certain that when things like these happen in Nigeria, we all know one thing already. The underlining causes is definitely because of corruption.

Its someone or a group of people responsibility to ensure Airlines don't cut corners and must maintain Aircraft as required but in Nigeria there's always a but. I don't want to jump to conclusion about this particular crash. But if we would ever know the outcome of investigation into this crash, no one will ever know.

The last two air crashes during Obj tenure as president I don't think up till today the investigation carried out was made public or if the causes identified and the recommendations to avoid this kind of crash from happening again was carried out??.Its a sad day for this country today, many have lost loved ones, young, old and even little ones. Fathers, Mothers,brothers,sisters, husbands,wifes, friends, and possible some famous people have all departed us today for ever. May God have Mercy and may the lost all rest in Peace.. So sad, so sad

To the bereaved its hard to find words to comfort you all. I just pray God to give you all needed grace and comfort you in his own way.

http://tribune.com.ng/index.php/news/40750-dana-aircraft-makes-emergency-landing-in-lagos

2 Likes

Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by shizzle11(m): 6:14pm On Jun 03, 2012
J12: Who is the minister of aviation anyway?

Stella Ada Ogiemwonyi. Now you know!, oya let's hear you...
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by Nobody: 6:14pm On Jun 03, 2012
fuel subsidy scam distraction??
dis govt has no respect for d life of its citizens.
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by vanstanzy(m): 6:15pm On Jun 03, 2012
chaircover: someone please tell me that this isnt true
what if i tell u it happen close to my area n that i witnessed fire trucks first-hand, rushing to the scene.
All i can say now is R.I.P. to those who lost their lives n pray they make heaven.
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by ak47mann(m): 6:15pm On Jun 03, 2012
Another suicide bomb boko haram una dey try......................
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by duni04(m): 6:15pm On Jun 03, 2012
This is the BBC world service. It has just been reported that a passenger plane has crashed in Nigeria's commercial capital, lagos, killing all the passengers on board. More details later
Still in Nigeria, more than 15 people were killed in the early hours of sunday morning following an apparent sucide bombing outside a church in the North of the country. Details to follow
And yet still in Nigeria, it has just been confirmed that at least 30 people were killed in the northern state of Nassarawa following clashes between rival ethnic gropus. Details to follow.
Still in Nigeria, a road accident in the western state of oyo has killed more than 20 people. Details to follow
Finally and thankfully moving away from Nigeria now, an axxra bound cargo plane has crashed in the Ghanian capital killing more than 10 people on the ground. The plane was from...guess where? NIGERIA!

5 Likes

Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by waja(m): 6:15pm On Jun 03, 2012
Fellow Nigerians, let's bear the loss.
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by Walphem(m): 6:16pm On Jun 03, 2012
waiting patiently 4 d day I will get an positive and exctiting news 4rm Naija.Cant wait!!!
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by marvel10: 6:17pm On Jun 03, 2012
Well, as gory as the images are, I think the captured images may help families of lost ones (well, those in Agege, at least). If there are not tv stations and the public got there b4 the police, then who would you believe cos I will not believe the govt. Remember what happened to AIT? The Naija govt go to such pains to hide the truth. I thank those who had the courage to film the scene as even looters would be recorded too.
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by teddies(f): 6:17pm On Jun 03, 2012
Just in one day,bomb blast at a church in bauchi nw dis plane crash,no suvivor has been reported yet,it was going frm abj to lag.maY the lost souls rest in perfect peace
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by Awalla: 6:17pm On Jun 03, 2012
J12:

Are you serious?

Sorry bro, may His soul RIP
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by carlos86: 6:17pm On Jun 03, 2012
Wallie: Just lost a brother!

Damn!So sorry
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by geerufus(m): 6:18pm On Jun 03, 2012
IT HAS JUST BEEN CONFIRMED THAT DR, LEVI AJUONUMA WAS AMONG THE DEAD IN THE DANA CRASH...
R.I.P LEVI
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by Biggyd2: 6:18pm On Jun 03, 2012
dbamiro@yahoo.com:
All.

I would like you to ponder and ask yourself this - When last did a plane crash during the week in Nigeria?

The last time a plane crashed during the week was 1979. There have been 2 other crashes in Nigeria which involved small light planes - a helicopter and a Cesna plane. The Cesna took off on a training flight in Kaduna and crashed. Apart from these, no other planes have crashed during the week. Atleast NO commercial airline has crashed during the week in Nigeria.

I have said these over and over again and people seem to think I am talking rubbish. I am calling for an investigation into WHY it is only weekends!!

Could it be that there are services that are not available to Airplanes during the weekend that are available during the week?

Concerning this crash, I am almost sure it was a hydraulic failure. At that height, distance from runway, I am sure the tyres were all ready out, it had lined up for approach and it would have already gone into the 2 level flaps!
At that stage, the only thing that would typically cause this kind of crash without any maneuvers from the pilot would have been hydraulic failure! Engine failures would typically not result in this type of crash!

I am not a pilot and probably talking from my experience with flying more than 4 times a week at times.

Its sad but this is a call to investigate this analysis I am making.

Why always on WEEKENDS? Why

Today's weather was fine. Visibility would have been fine. traffic would have been ok being a sunday. Clearance to land would have been given. At that stage of the flight, if the engines were typically to fail, it would have failed on take off!

I only wonder about what could have happened. I am so so sad!

I fly a lot and I know I am not better or more favoured than anyone that was on that flight. It just so happened I was not flying today! It could have been ANYONE!

I pray this will make us sit up and be more serious!

Else, once again, we are just statistics in Nigeria! Just statistics!

Please someone needs to listen to the cries of us the masses.
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by Akainzo(m): 6:18pm On Jun 03, 2012
shymmex:

What are you on about? The pilot took off, four engines were on fire, and he was trying to crash land the plane safely...

If he had no control, the plane would have crashed straight away..

Maybe, you should read more about aviation, and stop chatting air on what you have no clue about..

Like I said earlier, stop yarning nonsense. I have pointed you to where you can get more information about that particular crash. or ask any of your friends who might have watched it on DSTV. The plane crashed straight away is why it crashed 2 minutes after take-off!

Take your own advice, go read and go learn. But should you be willing, you can come watch the report of that crash on my PVR, I've got it recorded for posterity. Just ensure you ask nicely and bring a bottle of wine along! grin
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by ak47mann(m): 6:19pm On Jun 03, 2012
why the same day?they blew the church and these one to distract people again,i don tell una finish boko haram enter plane,if una like abuse me cool cool cool my advice for my people be careful avoid public gathering, bus stops,think twice b4 you make any move cool
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by initiate: 6:19pm On Jun 03, 2012
and why is this news only on social media? all the tv stations in Lagos are showing different programs! irresponsible press

2 Likes

Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by ibide(m): 6:19pm On Jun 03, 2012
So no were is save in nigeria God help us
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by Awalla: 6:19pm On Jun 03, 2012
duni04: This is the BBC world service. It has just been reported that a passenger plane has crashed in Nigeria's commercial capital, lagos, killing all the passengers on board. More details later
Still in Nigeria, more than 15 people were killed in the early hours of sunday morning following an apparent sucide bombing outside a church in the North of the country. Details to follow
And yet still in Nigeria, it has just been confirmed that at least 30 people were killed in the northern state of Nassarawa following clashes between rival ethnic gropus. Details to follow.
Still in Nigeria, a road accident in the western state of oyo has killed more than 20 people. Details to follow
Finally and thankfully moving away from Nigeria now, an axxra bound cargo plane has crashed in the Ghanian capital killing more than 10 people on the ground. The plane was from...guess where? NIGERIA!

God have Mercy
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by Spiritmask: 6:20pm On Jun 03, 2012
W
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by adedayo07: 6:20pm On Jun 03, 2012
What a tragedy?. God have mercy.
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by r231(m): 6:20pm On Jun 03, 2012
So sad
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by ikee(m): 6:21pm On Jun 03, 2012
this is unfortunate, 2 major tragedy on a sunday. We need National Deliverance in this country. Who's to blame? certainly not the pilot who just experienced another power superior to his professional mentality
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by iKoksi(m): 6:21pm On Jun 03, 2012
Ideasroole: It is well with NIGERIA
Amen to that my broda
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by greatgod2012(f): 6:21pm On Jun 03, 2012
anoda distaster. May God help us in dis xtry
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by emcaluv(m): 6:22pm On Jun 03, 2012
This is a pure case of negligence and corruption in Nigeria.

It is terrible. May their soul rest in perfect peace.

This same plane that crashed made an emergency landing 3 weeks ago. The pilot had to fly to Cotonue to discharge his fuel before the emergency landing.

A lady in that flight narrated her ordeal to my brother who treated her after she was rushed to his hospital. The Plane lost pressure mid-air and they had to drop the oxygen mask. The hydraulic system also failed but God being so kind the Plane landed safely.

My brother reported the issue to NCAA but Dana bribed her way thro and NCAA could not do anything.

Had it been NCAA grounded that plane, this tragedy today would have been averted.
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by Naanhetch: 6:22pm On Jun 03, 2012
naija wats happening nao...everything is just crashing...so sad RIP
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by arewaboy(m): 6:24pm On Jun 03, 2012
i just saw it on NTA.
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by Nobody: 6:24pm On Jun 03, 2012
mitchell_a: Dear Nigerians, i am saddened today, not alone by the sad plane crash that happened today which is not least by a long shot, but i am saddened by the government we have an ineffective government if ever there was one, this is an age where we have a government that has raped us in daylight and in full view of the whole world, Nigerians i believe that in order to regain your dignity, you cannot go down without a fight, many Nigerians have lost their lives at the hands of this repressive and clueless government, instead of addressing the boko haram issue, they will rather spend billions on independence day celebrations that flop, instead of addressing the issues of aviation, they are changing names of universities. Nigerians, died in the sosoliso crash, a repeat has happened today, rescuers where not on deck. all the legislature has done within that period is to legislate against gay rights... indeed clueless... Nigerians, if you do not start taking action today, the great Nigeria you speak of will only just be that, a page in a mirage... Mitchell.

We have to kill them all. We need a revolution.
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by iker: 6:25pm On Jun 03, 2012
Can we please have the list of those who were onboard that flight !

1 Like

Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by AndroBlaze: 6:25pm On Jun 03, 2012
duni04: This is the BBC world service. It has just been reported that a passenger plane has crashed in Nigeria's commercial capital, lagos, killing all the passengers on board. More details later

And later some people will say we are not living in a failed state.

May their souls rest in peace.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (25) (Reply)

My Experience Living In China For 4 Months - A Nairalander / Man Rides Bicycle Taller Than A Bus On Lagos Road (pics) / Obudu Mountain Resort Looks Like Europe But Nigerians Don't Value Their Own

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.