Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,604 members, 7,820,157 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:39 AM

How Can I Lose Weight Without Exercising?? - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How Can I Lose Weight Without Exercising?? (49209 Views)

Save Money; Lose Weight Without Surgical Procedures / How Do I Lose 8 Kilograms In One Month? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can I Lose Weight Without Exercising?? by NoQualms1(f): 7:20pm On Jun 22, 2012
sally bonne: best way 2 loose weight I do dis all d time, chew d food bt dnt swallow it, trust me it works.

Does it mean you remain hungry always? I'm kinda confused.
Re: How Can I Lose Weight Without Exercising?? by Clemzy16(m): 7:21pm On Jun 22, 2012
Hunger strike for 30days.
Re: How Can I Lose Weight Without Exercising?? by Abbeycity88(m): 7:27pm On Jun 22, 2012
My advice 2 u is 2 stay away 4rm carbohydrate food and fatty fud, if u ar d type dat mock alot wit automobile(okada cab) is beta u reduce dat and stick wit footwagen it help alot!
Re: How Can I Lose Weight Without Exercising?? by theagent: 8:22pm On Jun 22, 2012
Eat better.

If you stop eating, you will loose and and eventually die. So the solutions is to reduce what you eat to the amount needed t keep you alive and healthy.

Cut out food with fat, sugar all the things that make you fat.

Eat more fruits.
Drink water.
Eat more vegetables (boiled).

Cut out rice and other heavy foods (make your backside, stomach and legs bigger).
Cut out alcohol and fizzy drinks.

Lower consumptioon of fried foods.
Lower, sweets and other treats.

but remember, exercise does not have to be in the Gym. Take up a sport, like playing football, tennis or swiming for at least three hours, one day a week. Go for long walks, it will make a big difference.

www.thelondonnigerian.com
Re: How Can I Lose Weight Without Exercising?? by Nobody: 8:40pm On Jun 22, 2012
I dnt actually get wat u mean by reducing weight.we sometyms associate this wit reducing size.if wat u mean is weight(as in,the quantity of matter in you):the human anatomy is composed of various components among which the 'bone' plays a vital role in the housing of tissues and other vessels.your weight is determined by ur bone mass(mainly the organisation of d matrix),a poorly structured matrix wit less phosphates and calcium will inevitably result in less weight.thus,it is NECESSARY to take foods low in calcium and phosphorus.bt if its ur body size u intend to reduce,i ll advice as an antidote,a pro-stress therapy(anything that can elevate the using-up of calories in u)
Re: How Can I Lose Weight Without Exercising?? by Nobody: 11:11pm On Jun 22, 2012
I don't believe in not eating after 7 or 8pm, someone even suggested 5pm. Lets assume u normally have breakfast arnd 7 to 9am the next day, that's like over 12 hours without food irrespective of whether you're sleeping or not . Which is not good for the body. As long as you're eating small portions of healthy food, you can eat an hour before you sleep.
As for losing weight without exercise, I think you should try and figure out your daily calorie need, and try and creat a deficit. That's if ur daily calorie need now is 3000, then you should aim for between 2500 to 2000, you have a deficit of 500 or more. keep in mind that more deficit might lead to health risks. You can achieve this by eating right and at least some form of daily exercise .
Re: How Can I Lose Weight Without Exercising?? by Nobody: 12:54am On Jun 23, 2012
Easy. Stop eating.
i did it once (not by choice... i had swallowing problems for months that resolved on its own anyway) and it worked brilliantly. Didnt eat rice, eba, bread for six months. only ate soups once a day and perhaps a salad twice a week. i lost 30 lbs in less than 6 weeks. Started eating furiously when i noticed how thin i had become...
Re: How Can I Lose Weight Without Exercising?? by Nobody: 12:55am On Jun 23, 2012
Greyfog: I don't believe in not eating after 7 or 8pm, someone even suggested 5pm. Lets assume u normally have breakfast arnd 7 to 9am the next day, that's like over 12 hours without food irrespective of whether you're sleeping or not . Which is not good for the body. As long as you're eating small portions of healthy food, you can eat an hour before you sleep.
As for losing weight without exercise, I think you should try and figure out your daily calorie need, and try and creat a deficit. That's if ur daily calorie need now is 3000, then you should aim for between 2500 to 2000, you have a deficit of 500 or more. keep in mind that more deficit might lead to health risks. You can achieve this by eating right and at least some form of daily exercise .

its actually true. your metabolism follows your body clock and slows down considerably at night.
Re: How Can I Lose Weight Without Exercising?? by pufectskin: 1:20am On Jun 23, 2012
Y do some of u guys keep telling her not to eat. It is good to lose excess fat/weight but not at d detriment of her health. If she wants to lose weight and maintain a healthy weight; d sustainable way to do it is to form a healthy habit of eating properly and perhaps short exercises per day or several times a week. She shouldn't stop eating because she would be denying body essential nutrients it needs to function daily. She needs to just learn to eat low calorie meals dat r nutritious; eg replace cow milk with rice milk or soy milk. Replace yam/bread breakfst with oatmeal. For protein, learn to eat different beans diets (moin moin, akara, beans without palm oil), more chicken, less beaf, more white fish, less oily fish, small portion of rie with huge portions of veggies n hearty soups. Make fun lean recipes u ll enjoy eating healthy for d rst of ur life pretty much! In my "arrogant" opinion, dis is d most sustainable way to lose weight n keep d weight off. If u starve urself now, u ll gain all d weight back because u ll develop unhealthy cravings
davidylan: Easy. Stop eating.
i did it once (not by choice... i had swallowing problems for months that resolved on its own anyway) and it worked brilliantly. Didnt eat rice, eba, bread for six months. only ate soups once a day and perhaps a salad twice a week. i lost 30 lbs in less than 6 weeks. Started eating furiously when i noticed how thin i had become...
Re: How Can I Lose Weight Without Exercising?? by Nobody: 1:24am On Jun 23, 2012
Try not to think of food in the next 20 days. Mentally caution urself to think of something else.
1. Go on a cleanse. I use the salt water cleanse(read it up) even though it has a few complications because I don't have access to non-iodized salt. That's not too much of an issue though. Just make A LOT of lipton. You will drink like 6 bags of lipton that day. (2 in a 50cl cup if you wish with 3 cubes of sugar). Drink 2 cups of coffee in thesame day. Then make sure you drink up to 3 litres of water that day too. Feel free to eat something light 4 hrs after your morning cleanse(you won't be able to though. You'ℓℓ feel like shit)

2. That same night, plan out your food for the week. If ΰ put oil in any food, it should be 1 tbsp and you hv to eat the food twice. Pick a highly proteinous food that you'ℓℓ eat once in the day and cook spicy veggies soup with 1tbsp of oil and fish. You can eat a cup of this up to 4 times a day.

3. Do that for 1 week.( Don't do the cleanse more than 3times. 1ce is actually ok)

4. During the weekend, buy yourself a treat that is not food. Earrings or something. Also, check ur weight daily. Its addictive though.

If ΰ hv any questions, feel free to ask
Re: How Can I Lose Weight Without Exercising?? by MissEZ(f): 5:09am On Jun 23, 2012
@ OP if you skip meals and go on salt flush diets and such, you will not be helping yourself in the long run. Health complications can arise from such restrictive diets such as gallstone and even sometimes organ failure due to lack of proper nourishment. Remember that in such instances, your body feeds on not just fat but muscle to compensate for lack of calories. Did you know that your heart is also made up of muscle? just putting that out there

Once again eat well and exercise. Cut out soda and sugared drinks and drink water only. Cut down on starchy carbs, fried foods and oily foods. Also reduce intake of baked goods and eat clean, meaning more fruits and veggies and the weight will come off. Do not starve yourself or under eat, you will gain weight that way. The weight will come off initially, but once you start to eat again, it will come back with a vengeance. Also one reason why i suggest reducing the intake of the above mentioned foods and not completely cutting them out is because you want something that is sustainable. You will always eat rice and other carbs, so rather than cut them out altogether, reduce how much you eat them and replace them with veggies and fruits. Once again weightloss is 80% diet and 20% exercise. slow and steady wins this particular race o

In trying to lose weight, these are the things that i have found to be helpful and it has worked for me, hope they work for you too. Good luck
Re: How Can I Lose Weight Without Exercising?? by fatcheeked: 6:59am On Jun 23, 2012
@ OP

The key to losing weight is "taking in less calories than you need" and "exercising". The two go together and make you burn fat faster. It is possible to lose weight without exercising but it'll take a lil time. Fasting isn't a good way to lose weight like some people suggested. Reduce your calorie intake but not less than 1500 calories. You can get a calorie calculator online to measure your food.

Hope this helps
Re: How Can I Lose Weight Without Exercising?? by dgov(m): 7:01am On Jun 23, 2012
I have a lĺl
Re: How Can I Lose Weight Without Exercising?? by pufectskin: 7:03am On Jun 23, 2012
U r soooo right. Dunno d point of d salt water diet N starvation ppl r goin on about.
Miss EZ: @ OP if you skip meals and go on salt flush diets and such, you will not be helping yourself in the long run. Health complications can arise from such restrictive diets such as gallstone and even sometimes organ failure due to lack of proper nourishment. Remember that in such instances, your body feeds on not just fat but muscle to compensate for lack of calories. Did you know that your heart is also made up of muscle? just putting that out there

Once again eat well and exercise. Cut out soda and sugared drinks and drink water only. Cut down on starchy carbs, fried foods and oily foods. Also reduce intake of baked goods and eat clean, meaning more fruits and veggies and the weight will come off. Do not starve yourself or under eat, you will gain weight that way. The weight will come off initially, but once you start to eat again, it will come back with a vengeance. Also one reason why i suggest reducing the intake of the above mentioned foods and not completely cutting them out is because you want something that is sustainable. You will always eat rice and other carbs, so rather than cut them out altogether, reduce how much you eat them and replace them with veggies and fruits. Once again weightloss is 80% diet and 20% exercise. slow and steady wins this particular race o

In trying to lose weight, these are the things that i have found to be helpful and it has worked for me, hope they work for you too. Good luck
Re: How Can I Lose Weight Without Exercising?? by LesbianBoy(m): 7:36am On Jun 23, 2012
Alamen: Common guys stop joking around. This Babe may be very serious. Well, my advice:

- Drink water very early in the morning
- Eat fruit carrot or cucumber in the morning. That will prevent ulcer.
- Do not eat anything until 12pm.
- Eat your meal btwn 12-1pm
- Whenever, you feel hungry, eat carrot or cucumber, they have extremely low calorie.
- Eat your dinner by 7:30pm and drink water before hitting the bed.

NB
Avoid fried foods such as yam, potato, plantain, chin-chin,egg roll etc. DO NOT TOUCH ICE CREAM AGAIN.
So much for losing weight..........This is punishment o! Just hope she will do all you have said. you know girls love ice cream so much.
Re: How Can I Lose Weight Without Exercising?? by Sagamite(m): 9:36am On Jun 23, 2012
There have been a lot of ignorant comments on this thread.

You can lose weight without exercising but it would take some self-discipline.

- First of all weigh yourself.

Your metabolic rate is likely to be: Your weight in pounds multiplied by about 11. Your metabolic rate is the rate your body burns calories in 24 hours without you doing shyt. So if you weigh 200 pounds, then your body will burn 200 x 11 = 2200 calories in 24 hours even if you are in a coma or just sat on a sofa for 24 hours.

The less you weigh, the less your body burns.

- So start targeting eating less than the calories your metabolic rate burns daily.

You would have to start counting your calories and understand everything that goes into your mouth. So if you weigh 200 pounds, you want to be eating something like 2000 calories a day, and as you drop in weight, you might need to reduce the calorie intake slightly. Never go below 1500 though.

Note that because something is healthy and good for you does not mean it does not add weight to you. There is a difference between healthy and caloric value. One small coconut is more calorific than one bar of chocolate. Even Olive oil is highly calorific.

To help you ensure hunger does not encourage you to go over your daily target calorie intake, you need to understand what type of foods you eat's Glycaemic Index (GI). The GI is the rate at which food is broken down in your body and your body absorbs its sugars into your bloodstream. If you eat something like chocolate and pastries, the sugar is released fast into your bloodstream because of the high GI and later you are quickly hungry again. GI has nothing to do with calories, just sugars. Foods with low GI figures are better for you as they last longer and make you feel less peckish. The highest GI number is 100, lowest is 1.

Add the GI index of all the foods you eat and average it. Keep it under 40. So you can actually have some high GI foods as long as you balance it out with one or two low GI foods.

Uncooked and unprocessed food tend to have lower GI than cooked and processed foods. E.g. Raw tomatoes have GI of 10, Grilled tomatoes have GI of 42; 1 slice of wholemeal bread has GI of 45, 1 slice of white bread has GI of 92.

So stick with fresh juices, brown rice, fruits and fresh vegetables etc. Cartoned juices, bananas, melon, soft drinks, crisps, cooked carrots, tinned sweetcorn have high GIs. The last 3 even have higher GI than a bar of chocolate.

Note: The average GI is what matters, not the whole combined GI. To judge quantity to take, use calories intend of trying to reduce total absolute GI. So, for all I care, you can eat 20 food items with combined GI of 800 in each meal 3 times a day (hence, 2400 GI a day), the fact the average GI is 40 (800/20) is what matters. Just make sure all the 2400 GI foods don't give you more than 2000 calories.

- Be more active.

The reality is that it is unlikely you will be in a coma and not do anything in one day. Every movement you make burns calories, not matter how small.

Even though you don't want to exercise, walk more and be faster in everything you do (E.g. walk faster), even you burn more if you walk uphill. Walking 1 mile on flat land would burn about 80 calories (depending on your weight). If you do it faster and uphill, you would burn more.

Now lets just look at how it works daily for someone weighing 200 pounds and does not do any exercise:

Minus
2200 calories - burnt by her metabolic rate.
100 calories - from simply movement and doing daily stuff.
80 calories - from a light 1 mile walk daily.

Total calories burnt: 2380.

Plus

2000 calories - from consumed food.

Total calories taken: 2000.

Calories differential in a day: 380 in the negative. This equals weight loss without exercise.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Lose Weight Without Exercising?? by Sagamite(m): 9:55am On Jun 23, 2012
ugly Betty:

Is there anything bad in writing all these things in full. After all you are not sending a text message. Don't get use to writing like this, you won't know when you write it in a more serious environment.

Don't mind the lazy foool!
Re: How Can I Lose Weight Without Exercising?? by Nobody: 9:57am On Jun 23, 2012
Nice @Sagamite, you know what it is...
Re: How Can I Lose Weight Without Exercising?? by sigba(f): 10:34am On Jun 23, 2012
maclatunji:

Of course, by fasting. Easiest question to answer!
Very true. You can say that again.
Re: How Can I Lose Weight Without Exercising?? by Nobody: 10:44am On Jun 23, 2012
Nice, Sagamite. I like my biking and gymming, the low calories thing does not work for me. Who counts their calories?

I heard that the meal every 3-hrs is a myth, how true? undecided
Re: How Can I Lose Weight Without Exercising?? by wyvilleinc: 10:45am On Jun 23, 2012
nairaman66:

Pple dey find money, you still dey loose money??

Not pound in money its weight. English.
Re: How Can I Lose Weight Without Exercising?? by MissEZ(f): 8:25pm On Jun 23, 2012
[quote author=Sagamite][/quote]

Haha @ sagamite, very good info. I like how you went all indepth with food GI's and such. You think say naija people send all that info? Just tell them how it translates into weightloss for them, thats all they want to hear. Although i agree you can lose weight without exercise, the truth is you are going to get there faster with exercise and you also dont get a nice, toned body with diet alone. You have to push some metal and a good doe of cardio too. Tell babes to lift weights, dem go run cos they think it will make them bulky which isnt necessarily true.

@ OP you have some good info here on weightloss, the rest is up to you

1 Like

Re: How Can I Lose Weight Without Exercising?? by sallybonne(f): 2:12am On Jun 24, 2012
No Qualms:

Does it mean you remain hungry always? I'm kinda confused.

Whenever ur hungry chew bt dnt swallow, better now.don't b confused
Re: How Can I Lose Weight Without Exercising?? by Sagamite(m): 8:53am On Jun 24, 2012
Miss EZ:

Haha @ sagamite, very good info. I like how you went all indepth with food GI's and such. You think say naija people send all that info? Just tell them how it translates into weightloss for them, thats all they want to hear. Although i agree you can lose weight without exercise, the truth is you are going to get there faster with exercise and you also dont get a nice, toned body with diet alone. You have to push some metal and a good doe of cardio too. Tell babes to lift weights, dem go run cos they think it will make them bulky which isnt necessarily true.

@ OP you have some good info here on weightloss, the rest is up to you

She gave me no option when she said she did not want to exercise, I had to go deep.

Otherwise it would have been eat less, eat healthy, reduce calories consumed and exercise a lot.

Ileke-IdI:
Nice, Sagamite. I like my biking and gymming, the low calories thing does not work for me. Who counts their calories?

I heard that the meal every 3-hrs is a myth, how true? undecided

If you wait quite long between meals, you mind and body might go into a mode of telling you to go for highly calorific and a lot of food because it is thinking of storing it.

If you eat quite frequently, you body might not go into such a panic mode and you would not be craving for highly calorific food.

The difference in weight gain between the two, and the frequency to eat for the second, I don't know about.
Re: How Can I Lose Weight Without Exercising?? by dokunbam(m): 9:27am On Jun 24, 2012
My weight loss program is here send me a msg. Its sacred
Getguideinfo@gmail.com
Re: How Can I Lose Weight Without Exercising?? by Omehhenrychidi: 12:00pm On Jun 24, 2012
Ms_Steph: Please I am working nd don't have time to exercise, I am leaving for nysc on 2nd july. Want to lose weight in the next 3weeks. How can I lose weight in 20days without exercising??
I believ that without stressfull exercise, that taking low calorie food, whole grain and food rich in fibre, also vegetables and fruits in their appropriate proportions could help as well. Avoid heavy foods especially in the morning and evening.lucky thing you are on your way to service, it Think it will help.
Re: How Can I Lose Weight Without Exercising?? by gulfer: 7:02am On Jun 25, 2012
[size=26pt]@ Poster/house, How can i pass my exams without reading at all?[/size]
Re: How Can I Lose Weight Without Exercising?? by Nobody: 12:45pm On Jun 25, 2012
Simple.by sorting.though i dnt advocate that
Re: How Can I Lose Weight Without Exercising?? by Hope6289(f): 10:01pm On Jun 26, 2012
[color=#006600][/color]
Re: How Can I Lose Weight Without Exercising?? by Hope6289(f): 10:03pm On Jun 26, 2012
Omehhenrychidi: I believ that without stressfull exercise, that taking low calorie food, whole grain and food rich in fibre, also vegetables and fruits in their appropriate proportions could help as well. Avoid heavy foods especially in the morning and evening.lucky thing you are on your way to service, it Think it will help.
Makes a whole lot of sense. Skipping wld help u, u shd hv time to skip in d mornings, @least 100. It will help
Re: How Can I Lose Weight Without Exercising?? by hoptimal2012: 8:40pm On Jun 27, 2012
well, u can try some food supplement in addition to staying away from fatty foods. I have some supplements i can recommend for you, they are very good.
Re: How Can I Lose Weight Without Exercising?? by Sagamite(m): 10:00pm On Jun 27, 2012
Hope6289:
Makes a whole lot of sense. Skipping wld help u, u shd hv time to skip in d mornings, @least 100. It will help

She said without exercise and you are suggesting skipping?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

A Doctor's "Secret" Health Notes / Coronavirus: Snakes The Likely Cause Of Deadly Chinese Virus / Doctors Successfully Remove Arrow Shot Into A Girl's Heart In Borno (Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.