Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,397 members, 7,812,165 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:19 AM

If God Knew Satan Will Rebel And Adam And Eve Will Sin, Why Did He Create Them? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If God Knew Satan Will Rebel And Adam And Eve Will Sin, Why Did He Create Them? (18984 Views)

If God Knew Satan, Adam And Eve Would Sin, Why Did He Create Them? / If God Knew That Adam And Eve Would Sin, Why Did He Create Them? / The Catholic Pope Francis- There Is No Heaven Or Hell And Adam And Eve Not Real (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If God Knew Satan Will Rebel And Adam And Eve Will Sin, Why Did He Create Them? by Jenwitemi(m): 2:58pm On Jun 16, 2012
Dude, what can i say about your thinking? An ant can't judge me because it is not sentient enough to judge. An ant can only do deeds to enable it's survival. Do you even know what a "sentient" being is? Check your dicho for reference, please.

The gap between an ant and a human being is vastly greater than the gap between human beings and your fake jewish deity whose flaws only make him more "human" than a god. Grasp that, will you.

Your god, which is the bible god, is as flawed as any human being, thus not worthy of any kind of reverence. Is there any wonder why Lucifer wanted to overthrow him? If he deserves any reverence, he would get it in abundance from everyone, humans and angels alike.

But like i have told you in my previous post, i do not see your god as the CREATOR of the universe. He is not fit to be one, period. His flaws are just too overwhelming to be a creator of anything.
Mr_Anony:

Dude, I have only tried to use beings you are superior to show you how you might look to a being superior to you. Until you accept that a creature such as an ant can call you to judgement then you don't really have any justification in questioning the morality of a being much higher than yourself.
You cannot tell someone that he cannot do whatever he likes with something he made for his own pleasure except it is not his in the first place.

By the way, perhaps you may want to tell us about this creator of yours. Please indulge us will you?
Re: If God Knew Satan Will Rebel And Adam And Eve Will Sin, Why Did He Create Them? by cyrexx: 3:10pm On Jun 16, 2012
Princewell2012: And again hell does not necceserely mean an oven or a furnace of fire, all I know is that it Is a place of torment

are you a christian at all. you dont seem like it. go and read your bible very well and come back
Re: If God Knew Satan Will Rebel And Adam And Eve Will Sin, Why Did He Create Them? by MrAnony1(m): 3:17pm On Jun 16, 2012
Jenwitemi: Dude, what can i say about your thinking? An ant can't judge me because it is not sentient enough to judge. An ant can only do deeds to enable it's survival. Do you even know what a "sentient" being is? Check your dicho for reference, please.

The gap between an ant and a human being is vastly greater than the gap between human beings and your fake jewish deity whose flaws only make him more "human" than a god. Grasp that, will you.

Your god, which is the bible god, is as flawed as any human being, thus not worthy of any kind of reverence. Is there any wonder why Lucifer wanted to overthrow him? If he deserves any reverence, he would get it in abundance from everyone, humans and angels alike.

But like i have told you in my previous post, i do not see your god as the CREATOR of the universe. He is not fit to be one, period. His flaws are just too overwhelming to be a creator of anything.

Lol Nigerians are so funny.......Using English words to imply superior knowledge (.......and yes I have only just been introduced to the word thanks for that by the way)

How do you know for sure that an ant or a goat or a chicken has no consciousness? It is funny how you can declare that other animals are not "sentient" simply because you cannot see from it's point of view and refuse to see from it's point of view just so that what you have been shouting ever since can remain right. Whether animals can judge or not is up for debate. The point is that animals do not take kindly to being killed and yet we kill them. Does this make us detestable, psychopaths, murderers, tyrants?

Imagine you were a chicken and human beings "mindlessly" killed you and your kind all the time. Of course Humans will be evil as far as you are concerned. but from the point of view of a human being, a chicken does not have the right to call a man to judgement period.
Re: If God Knew Satan Will Rebel And Adam And Eve Will Sin, Why Did He Create Them? by MrAnony1(m): 3:28pm On Jun 16, 2012
cyrexx:

how do you plan to remove Christ from Christianity. what you know about christ comes from the christian religion. While some of them claim to be "born-again". their so-called born again experience is nothing more than a psychological release of believing you "escaped" hell that you "deserved" to go. like i said before "Christianity and similar religions makes you believe you deserve hell and offers you salvation as a cure. its like a doctor who disributes disease and offers the cure to you. Atheism is the prevention of that disease. And prevention is always better than cure".

You see, i will have no problem with following most of Christ's teachings (though some of them are bizzare). I believe they are sound moral guidelines by a Jew who lived 2000 years ago. but Buddha has preached exactly the same golden rule in India 600 years earlier than that. Besides that, its the aspect of claiming that those who refuse to believe in Christ as Saviour will perish in hell forever, thats where there is problem. if that is not a threat, what else is it?

the old testament bible stories is nothing different from the deeds of any other tribal god of ancient tribes. African gods can claim the same (read about Orunmila and Obatala of Yoruba mythologies). the hebrews only have the advantage having them written down. every tribe and cultures have their stories too.

the new testament gospels was written many decades after the death of Christ. the story of Jesus was initially spread by word of mouth in order to convert people to a new religion and you know that word of mouth is easily exagerated. Paul has been credited to be the true founder of christianity as we know it and he was heavily influenced by mystical beliefs of ancient Romans and Greeks. the written new testament bible was later compiled and edited by roman catholics of around 300 AD and the romans and new testament authors had been heavily influenced by the Greek and Roman pre-christianity mythologies that includes hades (hell fire) and the god who became man (Persius, Dionisius etc) and virgin birth etc. they have added and deleted some of the teachings of Jesus. you dont have to believe me. do your own research about how the bible was wriiten, selected and compiled and how certain books were selected and others were rejected by the early catholics.

so telling me you are following Christ makes you no different from anybody who follows Muhammed or Zeus or Thor or Orunmila or any other gods.

peace.

At least you cannot fault Christ and you know it. The Christian life is simply living like Christ.
I am a born-again Christian there is a huge difference between a follower of Christ and a follower of other gods and you know this.
You are afraid of hell and you simply want to block it out of your mind by denying the truth of Christ and calling it threats. Christ offers you His hand today and every other day. You can accept it and there will be nothing to be afraid of anymore or you can go on denying God if it makes you feel happy. Just don't expect God to force you into heaven against your will. If you really want to know about God, ask Him. He will answer. God bless
Re: If God Knew Satan Will Rebel And Adam And Eve Will Sin, Why Did He Create Them? by cyrexx: 3:34pm On Jun 16, 2012
^^^^^ do you think i will be writing this if i am afraid of hell.

hmmmm. typical christian. threatening hell fire brimstone and judgement when they ran out ides to counter sound reasoning against their religion.

1. Religion has always capitalised on man's basic fear of the unknown afterlife to enforce its beliefs. This is always the last resort of religionists to threaten people to adopt their belief or burn in hell.

2. I am not bothered by your hell threats because long before i was born, there was a long time before i came on the scene, perhaps an eternity that does not bother me. The same thing will be true when i die. Every thing that has a beginning must have an end. Every human life, including their so-called spirit, has a BEGINNING. So it must of necessity have an END. That is what death means, despite the extra meaning that religions will attach to it.

3. What if you die and end up in Islamic hell and realise that Yahweh is a demon while Allah is the true god. Differant religions in the world have hell, so what makes you think that christian hell is all there is to scare people into faith.

cyrexx:

While some of them claim to be "born-again". their so-called born again experience is nothing more than a psychological release of believing you "escaped" hell that you "deserved" to go. like i said before "Christianity and similar religions makes you believe you deserve hell and offers you salvation as a cure. its like a doctor who disributes disease and offers the cure to you. Atheism is the prevention of that disease. And prevention is always better than cure".

1 Like

Re: If God Knew Satan Will Rebel And Adam And Eve Will Sin, Why Did He Create Them? by Jenwitemi(m): 4:21pm On Jun 16, 2012
Trying to sound superior by the use of words was never my intention, bro.
Mr_Anony:

Using English words to imply superior knowledge (.......and yes I have only just been introduced to the word thanks for that by the way)

And hwere did i say they don't have one?
Mr_Anony:
How do you know for sure that an ant or a goat or a chicken has no consciousness?

That is not the sentience i had in mind. The consciousness that they possess is quite different from that of humans, being that they are not capable of independent and abstract thoughts like humans are. Animals can't debate about a god like we are doing now, can they? If you know of some animals who care about who made them so much that they have the desire to worship that creator, then please mention.
Mr_Anony:
It is funny how you can declare that other animals are not "sentient" simply because you cannot see from it's point of view and refuse to see from it's point of view just so that what you have been shouting ever since can remain right. Whether animals can judge or not is up for debate. The point is that animals do not take kindly to being killed and yet we kill them. Does this make us detestable, psychopaths, murderers, tyrants?

Imagine you were a chicken and human beings "mindlessly" killed you and your kind all the time. Of course Humans will be evil as far as you are concerned. but from the point of view of a human being, a chicken does not have the right to call a man to judgement period.

Human beings who are vegetarians would think about other humans who eat meat as such, yes.
Mr_Anony:
Whether animals can judge or not is up for debate. The point is that animals do not take kindly to being killed and yet we kill them. Does this make us detestable, psychopaths, murderers, tyrants?

So, what you are saying is that your god sees us as chickens or goats he can mindlessly kill for food any time he chooses? If that is the case, he is no better than us human meat eaters, is he? If he is no better than us humans, why worship and revere him? He is just as flawed as the rest of us, so...

Anyway, if a chicken can judge us to our faces (which it can't because it can't talk) for killing it's kind, then it should. It definitely has the right to. Maybe then we would all realize our errors of killing chickens for food and all switch to being vegetarians. But the right to judge us, they defo have. But, unfortunately for a chicken, or a goat, or a pig, they can't exercise this right because they can't talk to us. But we humans can talk, therefore we have the right to judge a wicked deity for it's cruelty to us humans. We can judge "him" to his face because of that ability to talk and express openly our feelings. That is our sentience. That is why we can judge his sorry butt. Another reason why we can judge him is because we keep him in existence. Without us, your god would be gone in a puff of smoke. Grasp that.
Mr_Anony:

1 Like

Re: If God Knew Satan Will Rebel And Adam And Eve Will Sin, Why Did He Create Them? by cyrexx: 4:28pm On Jun 16, 2012
Jenwitemi: he consciousness that they possess is quite different from tthat of humans being that they are not capable of independent and abstract thoughts like humans are. Animals can't debate about a god like we are doing now, can they? If you know some animals who care about who made them and have the desire to worship that creator, please mention.

Human beings who are vegetarians would think about other humans who eat meat as such, yes.

So, what you are saying is that your god sees us as chickens or goats he can mindlessly kill any time he chooses? If that is the case, he is no better than us human meat eaters, is he? If he is no better than us humans, why worship and revere him? He is just as flawed as the rest of us, so...

Anyway, if a chicken can judge us to our faces (which it can't to our faces) for killing it's kind, then it should. It definitely has the right to. Maybe then we would all realize our errors of killing chickens for food and all switch to being vegetarians. But the right to judge us, they defo have. But, unfortunately for a chicken, or a goat, or a pig, they can't exercise this right because they can't talk to us. But we humans can talk, therefore we have the right to judge a wicked deity for it's cruelty to us humans. We can judge "him" to his face because of that ability to talk and express openly our feelings. That is our sentience. That is why we can judge his sorry butt. Another reason why we can judge him is because we keep him in existence. Without us, your god would be gone in a puff of smoke. Grasp that.

Jenwitemi, another 3 gbosas for you.

GBOSA !
GBOSA !!
GBOSA !!!

1 Like

Re: If God Knew Satan Will Rebel And Adam And Eve Will Sin, Why Did He Create Them? by Jenwitemi(m): 4:42pm On Jun 16, 2012
Thank you, bro. Need to hammer some sense into this christian whose way of thinking is totally weird and off track.
cyrexx:

Jenwitemi, another 3 gbosas for you.

GBOSA !
GBOSA !!
GBOSA !!!

1 Like

Re: If God Knew Satan Will Rebel And Adam And Eve Will Sin, Why Did He Create Them? by MrAnony1(m): 4:48pm On Jun 16, 2012
Jenwitemi: Trying to sound superior by the use of words was never my intention, bro.

And hwere did i say they don't have one?

That is not the sentience i had in mind. The consciousness that they possess is quite different from that of humans, being that they are not capable of independent and abstract thoughts like humans are. Animals can't debate about a god like we are doing now, can they? If you know of some animals who care about who made them so much that they have the desire to worship that creator, then please mention.

So, what you are saying is that your god sees us as chickens or goats he can mindlessly kill for food any time he chooses? If that is the case, he is no better than us human meat eaters, is he? If he is no better than us humans, why worship and revere him? He is just as flawed as the rest of us, so...

Anyway, if a chicken can judge us to our faces (which it can't because it can't talk) for killing it's kind, then it should. It definitely has the right to. Maybe then we would all realize our errors of killing chickens for food and all switch to being vegetarians. But the right to judge us, they defo have. But, unfortunately for a chicken, or a goat, or a pig, they can't exercise this right because they can't talk to us. But we humans can talk, therefore we have the right to judge a wicked deity for it's cruelty to us humans. We can judge "him" to his face because of that ability to talk and express openly our feelings. That is our sentience. That is why we can judge his sorry butt. Another reason why we can judge him is because we keep him in existence. Without us, your god would be gone in a puff of smoke. Grasp that.

Good at least it seems you are now beginning to understand where I am coming from. God is greater than you God does not need you to exist, you need God. Just as we may have rights over a chicken, God has by far more rights over you. The second part is this God made you from nothing. Everything you know was made by God including the morality you have. Now God hates sin and punishes sin much like the law punishes lawbreakers. When the law punishes a criminal, it bears no guilt but when you punish a criminal by yourself, you bear guilt. To truly judge God, you must first see from God's point of view. But you can't. Grasp that!
Re: If God Knew Satan Will Rebel And Adam And Eve Will Sin, Why Did He Create Them? by cyrexx: 4:54pm On Jun 16, 2012
Still going around in circles without addressing the issue at hand.
Re: If God Knew Satan Will Rebel And Adam And Eve Will Sin, Why Did He Create Them? by MrAnony1(m): 4:55pm On Jun 16, 2012
cyrexx: ^^^^^ do you think i will be writing this if i am afraid of hell.

hmmmm. typical christian. threatening hell fire brimstone and judgement when they ran out ides to counter sound reasoning against their religion.

1. Religion has always capitalised on man's basic fear of the unknown afterlife to enforce its beliefs. This is always the last resort of religionists to threaten people to adopt their belief or burn in hell.

2. I am not bothered by your hell threats because long before i was born, there was a long time before i came on the scene, perhaps an eternity that does not bother me. The same thing will be true when i die. Every thing that has a beginning must have an end. Every human life, including their so-called spirit, has a BEGINNING. So it must of necessity have an END. That is what death means, despite the extra meaning that religions will attach to it.

3. What if you die and end up in Islamic hell and realise that Yahweh is a demon while Allah is the true god. Differant religions in the world have hell, so what makes you think that christian hell is all there is to scare people into faith.

I am not threatening you in any way. What you seem to forget is that Christ did not introduce hell to to the world. The world already knew of hell. He came to tell the world how to escape it. He even died to save the world from hell and yet you read the message of salvation as a threat. Why would anyone die (and they are many who have died for the gospel) just to threaten people into his "religion". If threats were the true motive, wouldn't he try to harm you instead? Think about it
Re: If God Knew Satan Will Rebel And Adam And Eve Will Sin, Why Did He Create Them? by Image123(m): 4:56pm On Jun 16, 2012
Jenwitemi: Thank you, bro. Need to hammer some sense into this christian whose way of thinking is totally weird and off track.
folly should not be so dignified jenwit, God has myriads of uncountable angelis, He only shows your race a huge favour by extending an hand of invitation into His kingdom.

1 Like

Re: If God Knew Satan Will Rebel And Adam And Eve Will Sin, Why Did He Create Them? by Jenwitemi(m): 4:58pm On Jun 16, 2012
But you still haven't grasp where i am coming from, yet. I make a distinction between that jack arse you jokingly called the lord in the bible and the CREATOR GOD whose presence is felt in the entire universe.If you are referring to the former(the bible god) as GOD, then i do not agree he is greater than me or any other human for that matter. As a matter of fact, he is way below a normal, decent human being.

But if you are referring to the latter (the UNIVERSAL CREATOR), then i will agree with you that i have no right to judge simply because there is nothing to judge. The CREATOR GOD does not go on a killing spree like that fake god on the pages of the bible was doing. heck, even his own chosen people, the israelites, hated his guts and were always eager to rid themselves of him. it is all in the bible. Catch my drift?
Mr_Anony:

Good at least it seems you are now beginning to understand where I am coming from. God is greater than you God does not need you to exist, you need God. Just as we may have rights over a chicken, God has by far more rights over you. The second part is this God made you from nothing. Everything you know was made by God including the morality you have. Now God hates sin and punishes sin much like the law punishes lawbreakers. When the law punishes a criminal, it bears no guilt but when you punish a criminal by yourself, you bear guilt. To truly judge God, you must first see from God's point of view. But you can't. Grasp that!
Re: If God Knew Satan Will Rebel And Adam And Eve Will Sin, Why Did He Create Them? by Observer2(m): 4:58pm On Jun 16, 2012
Jinwitemi and my friend cyrexx.... You guys are doing humanity lots of good! All dogmas that has been holdn humanity down must give way. Keep up the good works guys.
Re: If God Knew Satan Will Rebel And Adam And Eve Will Sin, Why Did He Create Them? by Jenwitemi(m): 5:01pm On Jun 16, 2012
Much appreciate the big ups, bro. smiley
Observer2: Jinwitemi and my friend cyrexx.... You guys are doing humanity lots of good! All dogmas that has been holdn humanity down must give way. Keep up the good works guys.
Re: If God Knew Satan Will Rebel And Adam And Eve Will Sin, Why Did He Create Them? by Jenwitemi(m): 5:04pm On Jun 16, 2012
What was that? My race? You mean, the black race? That sounds rather racist, bro. But that wouldn't surprise me if your god is also a racist deity who sees the black race as an afterthought he can "invite" to his stupid kingdom.
Image123:
folly should not be so dignified jenwit, God has myriads of uncountable angelis, He only shows your race a huge favour by extending an hand of invitation into His kingdom.
Re: If God Knew Satan Will Rebel And Adam And Eve Will Sin, Why Did He Create Them? by cyrexx: 5:14pm On Jun 16, 2012
Image123:

another tales by moonlight. Have you been following this thread from the beginning?
Re: If God Knew Satan Will Rebel And Adam And Eve Will Sin, Why Did He Create Them? by cyrexx: 5:29pm On Jun 16, 2012
@ observer2
thanks, mankind will never know true peace and freedom until religion loses its grip on human mind.
One love, man.

1 Like

Re: If God Knew Satan Will Rebel And Adam And Eve Will Sin, Why Did He Create Them? by MrAnony1(m): 5:43pm On Jun 16, 2012
Jenwitemi: But you still haven't grasp where i am coming from, yet. I make a distinction between that jack arse you jokingly called the lord in the bible and the CREATOR GOD whose presence is felt in the entire universe.If you are referring to the former(the bible god) as GOD, then i do not agree he is greater than me or any other human for that matter. As a matter of fact, he is way below a normal, decent human being.

But if you are referring to the latter (the UNIVERSAL CREATOR), then i will agree with you that i have no right to judge simply because there is nothing to judge. The CREATOR GOD does not go on a killing spree like that fake god on the pages of the bible was doing. heck, even his own chosen people, the israelites, hated his guts and were always eager to rid themselves of him. it is all in the bible. Catch my drift?

My friend, you can throw in all the insults you like and call God all the names you like but if He is Creator and He makes the rules, then He has every right to punish sinners and reward the righteous. The best you can do is claim that he is not your God but mind you whatever creator god you choose must also have the same rights. This you cannot deny this.
Re: If God Knew Satan Will Rebel And Adam And Eve Will Sin, Why Did He Create Them? by cyrexx: 7:16pm On Jun 16, 2012
Mr_Anony:
I am not threatening you in any way.

i know you are not the one threatening. you are only refering me to the threat of your macho-man sky-daddy who called himself the creator god. i know. tell him i'm not afraid of him, in case you find him anywhere else outside of your mind.

Mr_Anony:
What you seem to forget is that Christ did not introduce hell to to the world. The world already knew of hell. He came to tell the world how to escape it. He even died to save the world from hell and yet you read the message of salvation as a threat.

are you really listening to yourself. the so-called creator god knew of hell that "he did not create" and he cant do anything about it or make the people he claim to love avoid going there. the only way is to become a man like the Greek's Persius and Dionisius. and die like a criminal. what a twisted sense of heroism and justice. no wonder he generates so much love from christians, especially ladies who always fall for a hero that "saves" them.

Mr_Anony:
Why would anyone die (and they are many who have died for the gospel) just to threaten people into his "religion". If threats were the true motive, wouldn't he try to harm you instead?

the muslims who sincerely believed that they will be greeted with 72 virgins will gladly die for their religion. so also is any chrstian who sincerely believe that he will be rewarded in heaven for what he did on earth. anybody will die for anything if there is handsome reward in the hereafter. that doesnt validate the belief. it only shows the danger of dogmatic followership that religion does to a human mind. just like i said before that religion has always capitalised on man's basic fear of the unknown afterlife to enforce its beliefs

Mr_Anony:
Think about it

i have thought about it long long before now and what i am now telling here are my conclusions. i want you also to think about what you so firmly believed

one love, man
Re: If God Knew Satan Will Rebel And Adam And Eve Will Sin, Why Did He Create Them? by Image123(m): 7:25pm On Jun 16, 2012
Jenwitemi: What was that? My race? You mean, the black race? That sounds rather racist, bro. But that wouldn't surprise me if your god is also a racist deity who sees the black race as an afterthought he can "invite" to his stupid kingdom.
pathetic and not well thought as is your custom, ever heard of 'human race' it you only live to play the injured card?

1 Like

Re: If God Knew Satan Will Rebel And Adam And Eve Will Sin, Why Did He Create Them? by Image123(m): 7:27pm On Jun 16, 2012
cyrexx:

another tales by moonlight. Have you been following this thread from the beginning?
old wiise one, you think you're on the thread?
Re: If God Knew Satan Will Rebel And Adam And Eve Will Sin, Why Did He Create Them? by Image123(m): 7:29pm On Jun 16, 2012
cyrexx: @ observer2
thanks, mankind will never know true peace and freedom until religion loses its grip on human mind.
One love, man.
wrong, stick this in your brain instead. Mankind will never know true peace and freedom until Jesus Christ comes again.

1 Like

Re: If God Knew Satan Will Rebel And Adam And Eve Will Sin, Why Did He Create Them? by cyrexx: 7:40pm On Jun 16, 2012
Image123:
wrong, stick this in your brain instead. Mankind will never know true peace and freedom until Jesus Christ comes again.

keep dreaming,
he has been "coming soon" for the past 2000 years and he will keep "coming soon" for the next 2000 years. every christians including the 12 apostles thought they are living in the endtimes, so also will the christians who will live in the next 2000 years, that is, if religion has not motivated an atomic bomb warfare that could destroy all mankind altogether.(Iran-Islamic vs Israel-American conflict currently going on is a warning signal of potential danger of religious dogma to human mind).

stick that in your brain or better still use your brain and dont surrender it to dogma.
Re: If God Knew Satan Will Rebel And Adam And Eve Will Sin, Why Did He Create Them? by MrAnony1(m): 8:34pm On Jun 16, 2012
cyrexx:

are you really listening to yourself. the so-called creator god knew of hell that "he did not create" and he cant do anything about it or make the people he claim to love avoid going there. the only way is to become a man like the Greek's Persius and Dionisius. and die like a criminal. what a twisted sense of heroism and justice. no wonder he generates so much love from christians, especially ladies who always fall for a hero that "saves" them.

Don't put words in my mouth, I never implied that God did not create hell. I was saying that Jesus Christ was not the first time people heard of hell. Hell was created for the devil as punishment for his sin. The devil tempts man, man sins, man will have go to hell. God is just. God cannot be unjust by writing off sins when they have not been paid for so he introduces the sacrifice of animals. But man is so sinful and God can't tolerate sin it disgusts Him. But He loves man so he sends His Son to the earth to bear our sins and be killed hence paying the full price for us and on the third day he rises. Now we don't have to be punished anymore. Christ died so that God can legally acquit us and absolve us of all sin. All we have to to is accept that the sacrifice of Christ is payment on our behalf. If we reject Christ which is god's provision, we are simply asking God to judge us based on our works alone. In that case we had better be totally blameless or else we leave god no choice than to send us to Hell.

the muslims who sincerely believed that they will be greeted with 72 virgins will gladly die for their religion. so also is any chrstian who sincerely believe that he will be rewarded in heaven for what he did on earth. anybody will die for anything if there is handsome reward in the hereafter. that doesnt validate the belief. it only shows the danger of dogmatic followership that religion does to a human mind. just like i said before that religion has always capitalised on man's basic fear of the unknown afterlife to enforce its beliefs

The motivations are not the same. The muslims die for their religion by killing unbelievers. They will also kill those who were once muslims but turned away from islam. Muslims spread their faith by threats and conquest. A christian will die while trying to win another person into Heaven even praying that God forgive the person killing him.
True christianity can never be spread by the sword. Hell is real and we don't want anyone to go there no matter how "bad" the person is.
A muslim might blow up potential converts but a christian will continue to plead and try to convince the unbeliever. God wants people to glorify him with there free-will
Re: If God Knew Satan Will Rebel And Adam And Eve Will Sin, Why Did He Create Them? by cyrexx: 8:53pm On Jun 16, 2012
Mr_Anony:
Don't put words in my mouth, I never implied that God did not create hell. I was saying that Jesus Christ was not the first time people heard of hell. Hell was created for the devil as punishment for his sin. The devil tempts man, man sins, man will have go to hell. God is just. God cannot be unjust by writing off sins when they have not been paid for so he introduces the sacrifice of animals. But man is so sinful and God can't tolerate sin it disgusts Him. But He loves man so he sends His Son to the earth to bear our sins and be killed hence paying the full price for us and on the third day he rises. Now we don't have to be punished anymore. Christ died so that God can legally acquit us and absolve us of all sin. All we have to to is accept that the sacrifice of Christ is payment on our behalf. If we reject Christ which is god's provision, we are simply asking God to judge us based on our works alone. In that case we had better be totally blameless or else we leave god no choice than to send us to Hell.

a classic tale of a fraudulent doctor
"Christianity and similar religions makes you believe you deserve hell and offers you salvation as a cure. its like a doctor who disributes disease and offers the cure to you. Atheism is the prevention of that disease. And prevention is always better than cure"

Mr_Anony:
The motivations are not the same. The muslims die for their religion by killing unbelievers. They will also kill those who were once muslims but turned away from islam. Muslims spread their faith by threats and conquest. A christian will die while trying to win another person into Heaven even praying that God forgive the person killing him.
True christianity can never be spread by the sword. Hell is real and we don't want anyone to go there no matter how "bad" the person is.
A muslim might blow up potential converts but a christian will continue to plead and try to convince the unbeliever. God wants people to glorify him with there free-will

dont misunderstand me too
christians might be more noble than muslims in their matyrdom. but that doesn't validate their belief. they are motivated by rewards of afterlife just like muslims. that is what i said.

Mr_Anony:
True christianity can never be spread by the sword.

did you forget that that Yahweh orders his followers to kill worshippers of non-Yahweh gods. and he is the father of your Christ. how is he different from the bloodthirsty Allah of the muslims.
Re: If God Knew Satan Will Rebel And Adam And Eve Will Sin, Why Did He Create Them? by Nobody: 9:39pm On Jun 16, 2012
Mr_Anony:
Don't put words in my mouth, I never implied that God did not create hell. I was saying that Jesus Christ was not the first time people heard of hell. Hell was created for the devil as punishment for his sin. The devil tempts man, man sins, man will have go to hell. God is just. God cannot be unjust by writing off sins when they have not been paid for so he introduces the sacrifice of animals.

lol, animals! I wonder why he didn't demand gold.

Mr_Anony:
But man is so sinful and[b] God can't tolerate sin it disgusts Him.[/b] But He loves man so he sends His Son to the earth to bear our sins and be killed hence paying the full price for us and on the third day he rises. Now we don't have to be punished anymore. Christ died so that God can legally acquit us and absolve us of all sin. All we have to to is accept that the sacrifice of Christ is payment on our behalf. If we reject Christ which is god's provision, we are simply asking God to judge us based on our works alone. In that case we had better be totally blameless or else we leave god no choice than to send us to Hell.

so the self righteous fascist makes up arbitrary rules,
devises a cruel punishment,
makes the required payment for the sin to be the torture of animals,men and his own son, who died but really didn't die
have the message of his shenanigans spread through wars, torture, imperialism, slavery, colonialism and indoctrination,
makes the message difficult for people to accept because of cultural factors and basic common sense,
therefore guaranteeing that billions will end up in his torture chambers and lakes of fire and brimstone.
He did all these because HE LOVES YOU!!!!!
Re: If God Knew Satan Will Rebel And Adam And Eve Will Sin, Why Did He Create Them? by Jenwitemi(m): 10:27pm On Jun 16, 2012
My friend,"he" is not the creator and "he" does not make the rules. He has no right to punish any sinner because he is a bigger sinner than any human that ever existed.

You can claim "he" is your god, but remember that you are only as righteous as the deity you choose to worship. If your god is evil, so will you be evil.
Mr_Anony:

My friend, you can throw in all the insults you like and call God all the names you like but if He is Creator and He makes the rules, then He has every right to punish sinners and reward the righteous. The best you can do is claim that he is not your God but mind you whatever creator god you choose must also have the same rights. This you cannot deny this.
Re: If God Knew Satan Will Rebel And Adam And Eve Will Sin, Why Did He Create Them? by Princewell2012(m): 11:33pm On Jun 16, 2012
cyrexx:

are you a christian at all. you dont seem like it. go and read your bible very well and come back
then can you simply tell me the meaning of hell? And again if your understanding of hell is corect, it means that Jesus also go hell because the bible say in the book of psam God will not leave your soul in hell or the holy one to see coruption, please I will advice you to read your bible very well too. Jesus died and burried in the grave and he was there for three days, check your dictionary the meaning of grave, hell and hedes they all mean the same thing
Re: If God Knew Satan Will Rebel And Adam And Eve Will Sin, Why Did He Create Them? by Derumania: 11:50pm On Jun 16, 2012
Hmmmmmm.Nice one.
Re: If God Knew Satan Will Rebel And Adam And Eve Will Sin, Why Did He Create Them? by Jenwitemi(m): 9:46am On Jun 17, 2012
Ah, ok! Apologies there. I thought you were going on a racist trip with your loving god there. It was just that the way you formulated your words was truly bad.

Anyway, nothing has changed about the way i see your crazy god. If only he was chronicled in your bible as much nicer and wiser and cleverer in his deeds, he would have served you a whole lot better in debates like this one. wink
Image123:
pathetic and not well thought as is your custom, ever heard of 'human race' it you only live to play the injured card?
Re: If God Knew Satan Will Rebel And Adam And Eve Will Sin, Why Did He Create Them? by UyiIredia(m): 2:49pm On Jun 17, 2012
The allegory of the garden of Eden is one of the most debated aspects of the Bible. Now a recap of the story. God had just made the entire universe and was to hand down a part of it over to man. Now read Gen 2:9 note the part that denotes the presence of the tree of life.
First up you must get one thing straight: Evil & Imperfection are well within GOd's jurisdiction. Why ? 3 reasons which are equally controversial.

I) God's omnipotency is incomplete if He is powerless to defeat Himself by committing evil. Its the age old question of the irresistible force vs the unmovable object. By making man imbued with divine qualities whilst leaving Him at the risk of death. Life wishes to create Death is unmoved by destruction.

II) Good can't exist in a vacuum. If only good existed the power of CHOICE (and free-will) is hitherto invalidated. Our knowledge of good is contrasted by the reality of evil. Hence the tree of knowledge was the birth of conscience. Like God we can & do live with the conciousness & ability to commit evil but CHOOSE good.

III) That good and evil are useless where there's no life (or existence). And that what really matters is life. Hence life is preferable to knowledge whether such knowledge amounts to good or evil. Dead people generally can't complain about evil only the living who witnesses. Hope you notice that God can be apathetic to good or evil as seen when He destroyed lots of Israelites for infringing on His laws or struck a man dead for the innocent act of trying to uphold the ark.

. . . More to come

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Pastor Sam Adeyemi Graduates With A Phd From Regent University, US (Photos) / Church Refuses To Marry Black Couple In USA / 5 Things To Avoid When Evangelizing/sharing The Gospel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 126
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.