Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,926 members, 7,952,731 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 10:29 PM

Funny Beliefs We Had When We Were A Kid - Jokes Etc (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Jokes Etc / Funny Beliefs We Had When We Were A Kid (25194 Views)

14 Photos You Will Definitely Relate To If You Played Football As A Kid / Ladies: When You Have A Kid As A Boyfriend (pix) / A Kid Was Crying Outside His House. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Funny Beliefs We Had When We Were A Kid by muffins99(f): 6:20pm On Jun 18, 2012
[b][/b]
Xionez:

P.S. Since you guyz are lol-ing, I guess I should tell my reason for touching her. She slapped me for making fun of her and due to this "belief" I couldn't retaliate sharpally. This kept me quiet for sometime analyzing the outcome of the actions I might take. All actions led to physical contact but in anger I was like "to hell with it".
I met her later on and told her my mind and demanded an apology. It didn't go down well and as you might guess, there was a LOT of physical contact as I tried to get her to say sorry. She finally did but my mind wasn't there again. My anger had cleared. Fear set in as I tried to count how many times I touched her. When it got past 5. I fled. The aftermath is what you had just read.

Now that's funny!
Re: Funny Beliefs We Had When We Were A Kid by stevSKY(m): 5:22pm On Jun 19, 2012
wen i was young...i alwys hear my mom sayin......'eatin in da pot weakens a man dick......n also wen eatin in da same plate wit a girl...she will tak away all my power....
Re: Funny Beliefs We Had When We Were A Kid by damilarelr(m): 10:43pm On Jun 19, 2012
I thought every One naira coin has 2 Fifty kobo coins packed in it..so I embarked on cracking a naira coin all to no avail until I threw it into a neighbour's pepper grinding machine and ran away.

Used to think petrol goes to the tyres since vehicles don't move once their tyre is down.

Remember the day I was asked at church to pronounce 'HYMN', I pronounced 'IMUN' that is 'NOSE' in Yoruba.
Re: Funny Beliefs We Had When We Were A Kid by Heymus(m): 1:30pm On Jun 23, 2012
Pinoralia: I use to believe there are only three countries in the world- Nigeria, US and London ( thinking London is a country).

I thought USA Ψå§ in the cloud that's why airplanes fly up to drop people there.
Cud u imagine my s, s. 2 student still asked me dsame question during d physics class,? she said uncle, is it true dat America is in heaven.
I adviced М̣̣̇Ɣ dad to carry our house to London S̶̲̥̅Ơ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡ that w̶̲̥̅ξ will be leaving there.

One day, NEPA took light and I Ψå§ wondering why †ђξ wall clock didn't stip working.

I use to believe shadow is a spirit.

I use to believe God is angry when thunder strikes.

I use to believe all old women are witches.
Re: Funny Beliefs We Had When We Were A Kid by ichiezubby(m): 11:47pm On Aug 03, 2012
as i child,i believd dat if u eat while standing,it wil fal 4rm ur buttocks, if u ansa to some1 u dnt knw,its a ghost and u would disappear. If u pick money on d floor,u wil turn to tortise if u dnt pray b4 u eat,ur food wil grow hands and crush ur intestines ,wen u eat 2 much and get a big tummy then u are pregnant,so many more
Re: Funny Beliefs We Had When We Were A Kid by sophy2g(f): 1:57am On Aug 04, 2012
mum always did tell us all our monies are in d bele bank, that's where she save them wen we ask her of it.
Re: Funny Beliefs We Had When We Were A Kid by ichiezubby(m): 10:56am On Aug 04, 2012
1.wen u ar stingy,boils wil grow on ur eye lids. 2.God cums down 4rm heaven to collect our offerings,so we alwaz save d best. 3.If u rub saliva on ur palms,u would feel less pain wen flogged 4.cotton fibre causes appolo(conjuctivitis) . I stil believe dat pele's story and india stuff sha
Re: Funny Beliefs We Had When We Were A Kid by kestare(m): 6:15pm On Apr 25, 2013
Dont knw if any of U remember " Jesus cum again Satan go away" while prayin b4 eatin. I also remember our bein told to clean up lines drawn on d ground probbably afta a game of "suwe" dat the lines turned 2 snakes in d nyt.
Re: Funny Beliefs We Had When We Were A Kid by kestare(m): 6:19pm On Apr 25, 2013
I also remember bein told dat puttin banana leaves in btw ur armpits reduces ur pain while bein flogged
Re: Funny Beliefs We Had When We Were A Kid by odizzy: 9:46pm On Apr 25, 2013
Wen I was a kid I use to believe if u bury d head of an agama lizard(red neck) in d ground for seven days, u will find 70naira at dat very spot u buried d head of d lizard wen u open it. I was tryin it over nd over thou, but somtin was tellin me I wasn't getin it wright. I also use to believe dat wen ur teacher flogs u nd u happens to get a piece of dat cain by any means, wen u go home nd rob palm oil nd pepper on dat cain nd throw it into a pit toilet, within 2days d teachers hand will swell up.
Re: Funny Beliefs We Had When We Were A Kid by odizzy: 9:50pm On Apr 25, 2013
We whr also told if we look at d mirror at night, evil spirit will slap u frm be hide.
Re: Funny Beliefs We Had When We Were A Kid by jesusontop: 11:16pm On Apr 25, 2013
Mcdondayan: i was told as a kid dat if ur tooth goes off and you dont throw it on the roof of a house another one will not grow.my elder brother will swallow a small stone and bring it out from the back of his head and he will tell us its magic.my cousin was told dat if he bed wetted a snake will be tied round his waist and we will beg him not to bed wet. We were also told that if somone crosses his leg over your head u will not grow again and if u are flogged with the mouth of a broom it will suck your blood and you will die.
[color=]
Mcdondayan: i was told as a kid dat if ur tooth goes off and you dont throw it on the roof of a house another one will not grow.my elder brother will swallow a small stone and bring it out from the back of his head and he will tell us its magic.my cousin was told dat if he bed wetted a snake will be tied round his waist and we will beg him not to bed wet. We were also told that if somone crosses his leg over your head u will not grow again and if u are flogged with the mouth of a broom it will suck your blood and you will die.
[/color][quote author=jesus on top]i was told as a kid dat if ur tooth goes off and you dont throw it on the roof of a house another one will not grow. We were also told that if somone crosses his leg over your head u will not grow again and if u are flogged with the mouth of a broom it will suck your blood and you will die. [/q

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

What Was Your April Fool Prank? / U.S Holds Basket Mouth Day (pics) / Why Should Mummy Eat Junior Instead Of Garri?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.