Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,904 members, 7,814,061 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:49 AM

Funny Beliefs We Had When We Were A Kid - Jokes Etc (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Jokes Etc / Funny Beliefs We Had When We Were A Kid (24850 Views)

14 Photos You Will Definitely Relate To If You Played Football As A Kid / Ladies: When You Have A Kid As A Boyfriend (pix) / A Kid Was Crying Outside His House. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Funny Beliefs We Had When We Were A Kid by Stevez32(m): 10:57am On Jun 16, 2012
When I was a kid, I used to think dat mum nd dad's names were actually "mum" and "dad".... I used to tink dat cartoon on T.V's were actually behind the T.V...... I used to think dat 69 is just a Number!

1 Like

Re: Funny Beliefs We Had When We Were A Kid by Heymus(m): 10:57am On Jun 16, 2012
I used 2think dat pastors (as d men of God) will not involved in sex and their children falled from heaven. And whenever ur teeth removed, u counted 9peices of small stones and throw dem togeda with ur removed teeth on d roof top and u ran inside quickly. D lizard must not see, if lizard shud see ur removed teeth it will neva grow again. Very funny.

3 Likes

Re: Funny Beliefs We Had When We Were A Kid by cindyrella(f): 10:57am On Jun 16, 2012
When I was a kid, I had this crazy idea that when a man touches a girl she will get pregnant and die.. So one day I went to the market, and a man selling meat touched my hand and called me a fine girl.. oh boy, come see cry... I cried and cried and cried I even refused to go home.
I thought I was pregnant and was going to die grin
my mom had to send someone to come get me. embarassed embarassed

1 Like

Re: Funny Beliefs We Had When We Were A Kid by nitrogen(m): 10:58am On Jun 16, 2012
hbabe:

lol. I was told this too.

My mum told me that drinking coconut water makes one dull.

Yes, i still dont know whether is true or not, some says it is true while other says it isnt.
Re: Funny Beliefs We Had When We Were A Kid by Abbey2sam(m): 10:58am On Jun 16, 2012
Yacubes: I used 2 believ hummer jeep is d world's most expensive suv.
you must still be a kid then, cuz hummer jeep was built yesterday...we are talking about back then when men were bois...

1 Like

Re: Funny Beliefs We Had When We Were A Kid by mallorca(m): 10:59am On Jun 16, 2012
olowo200: If u ask the adult then where do baby come from not to corrupt our little mind they told us from the stomach it then passed through the navel, no mention of the major female organ.
dem sabi lie die
Re: Funny Beliefs We Had When We Were A Kid by Exponental(m): 10:59am On Jun 16, 2012
This is like d "stupid song" sheeeeeeee!
As a kid, i neva knew remote controls work with sensor. I took it away from home, press d buttons n i was catchin fun cos i believed i was punishin somone den.

2 Likes

Re: Funny Beliefs We Had When We Were A Kid by Jummymine(f): 11:00am On Jun 16, 2012
I used to believe that if someone bite you and you rub okro on it the person's teeth will come off and i used to believe that men can give birth too because whenever people say the boy is his father's child i thought is the father gave birth to him i was so confused

2 Likes

Re: Funny Beliefs We Had When We Were A Kid by mallorca(m): 11:01am On Jun 16, 2012
sinie: Oh and my mum used to tell us if we fell sick she ll sell us and use the money to buy another baby, so whenever we were sick we ll pretend to be fine till we are almost dying! Lol
ur mama wicked oh,lol

1 Like

Re: Funny Beliefs We Had When We Were A Kid by valicious1(m): 11:02am On Jun 16, 2012
When i waz a kid i thought that if u keep on going higher & higher into the clouds u will eventually get to heaven & meet God. Lol. I also thought that if u keep on digging the ground u will get to hellfire. I also thougt that the only thing you have to do to drive a car is to on the ignition & then start turning the steering to control it grin

2 Likes

Re: Funny Beliefs We Had When We Were A Kid by Slicqyprizzy(f): 11:03am On Jun 16, 2012
Mcdondayan: i was told as a kid dat if ur tooth goes off and you dont throw it on the roof of a house another one will not grow.my elder brother will swallow a small stone and bring it out from the back of his head and he will tell us its magic.my cousin was told dat if he bed wetted a snake will be tied round his waist and we will beg him not to bed wet. We were also told that if somone crosses his leg over your head u will not grow again and if u are flogged with the mouth of a broom it will suck your blood and you will die.
surprisingly or not i had da same experience as u. abeg wher do u cam 4rm
Re: Funny Beliefs We Had When We Were A Kid by micsade(f): 11:04am On Jun 16, 2012
When i was a kid, i used to believe d@ if my biscuit falls on the floor, it means satan will eat it so instead of allowing satan do, i usually grind d biscuit with the sole of my shoe on the ground so it'll turn to dust.
I also believed that any child who's nt bright ws used to eating the eyeball of fishes.
I was also made to believe that satan ws the world's ugliest creature with his black(as we used to call it then) complexion so i kinda hated dark people except my elder sister

1 Like

Re: Funny Beliefs We Had When We Were A Kid by Observer2(m): 11:05am On Jun 16, 2012
Knowledge is power. Just for once imagin if you never had the chance to attentend school...... Some kids still carry some of this ideologies as the gospel truth till death! You could be have been an almajiri and a boko in the making or a brainwashed christain who your superstars MOD promises heaven and collects your monies. What are you doing to illuminate your fellow humans? Expose all scammers! Doubt all prior held believes and build a new foundation. An unexamined life is not worth living.

1 Like

Re: Funny Beliefs We Had When We Were A Kid by Xionez(m): 11:05am On Jun 16, 2012
When I was a toddler, I was told that wearing rubber band on your wrist will suck your blood. I saw my dad with a rubber band on his wrist, and out of curiosity, I waited for him to drop dead. He didn't. Saw him as a demigod ever since, never wanting to make him annoyed. But that was until I learnt about Amputation.

Come to think of it, he had this poker face anytime he catches me poking the rubber bands on his table with a broomstick (with the door wide open just in case my fears where confirmed). He must have known. Kai.
Re: Funny Beliefs We Had When We Were A Kid by Jummymine(f): 11:06am On Jun 16, 2012
Slicqy prizzy: surprisingly or not i had da same experience as u. abeg wher do u cam 4rm
i think this a common belief
Re: Funny Beliefs We Had When We Were A Kid by Nobody: 11:07am On Jun 16, 2012
When we were kids we believed anything and everything as long as an older person said so or because we were not rational enough.
1. If you spit on the ground, clean it as soon possible else a spirit will step on it at night and then something bad will happen to you.
2. If you do something bad and you don't want your parents to know you remove one of your eyelids and put it on your head.
3. Whenever we see a rainbow we say an elephant has given birth.
4. If your teeth goes off you must throw it on the else it will not grow again.
5. During the days of gbomo-gbomo we use to stuff our pockets with charcoal.
6. If the sun is up and it raining at the same time we say something wants to happen.
7. When they come to immunise us in school then with a gun-like machine we use to cry our eyes out and run away because we felt they were real guns.
Re: Funny Beliefs We Had When We Were A Kid by pseudonomer: 11:08am On Jun 16, 2012
gregg2: That Isreal, Jerusalem, Nazareth etc were in haven.
me too. I thought everything in the bible happened in heaven.

1 Like

Re: Funny Beliefs We Had When We Were A Kid by martyns303(m): 11:08am On Jun 16, 2012
that if you don't get filled after eating, rub oil on ur "throat", open ur mouth and face the building it will fall into ur mouth.
that my Dad is the richest Dad.
that if some one cross ur legs while ur lying down, the person have to "cross it back", i dnt knw what will happen but the person jst have to "cross it back".
when i was a kid am hardly allowed to go out, if u send me an errand it takes forever for me to return, my mom will spit on the floor and say "if u dnt return befor it dries up ur tummy will ache" undecided

1 Like

Re: Funny Beliefs We Had When We Were A Kid by fubbyy(m): 11:09am On Jun 16, 2012
I used to think wrestling was real, although some adults still think it is

4 Likes

Re: Funny Beliefs We Had When We Were A Kid by tintingz(m): 11:10am On Jun 16, 2012
Back den wen i was a kid i tot wen a man kissd a woman she will get pregnant immediately cuz i watch oyinbo(hollywood) movies alot, den wen sum1 uses broom to wipe a male his joystick wil disapear, again if sum1 whistle at night dat snakes will visit such person. Funny tho
Re: Funny Beliefs We Had When We Were A Kid by kiyosaki1(m): 11:11am On Jun 16, 2012
was told that if you eat fish eyes you will become dull so use to avoid it,if you are beating an inanimate object that it will come and beat you during your sleep,if you are eating by the entrance you will not belle full,you should not whistle at night or you will attract snakes and so many too numerous to mention
Re: Funny Beliefs We Had When We Were A Kid by eghost247(m): 11:16am On Jun 16, 2012
subscribing
Re: Funny Beliefs We Had When We Were A Kid by Nobody: 11:16am On Jun 16, 2012
Whenever i poo on a newspaper, i made sure it landed on the pic of someone. (in those days abacha was the president and thus appeared often on papers) The belief that abacha was perceiving my poo right at that time was classic.

3 Likes

Re: Funny Beliefs We Had When We Were A Kid by stevSKY(m): 11:18am On Jun 16, 2012
wen i was young i had dis crazy belif dat wen u pee at an open place witout putin saliva... and sum1 crosses it... ur dick will shrik n dry up..... men i still put saliva at dis my age.... its already part of me......CRAZY rit

2 Likes

Re: Funny Beliefs We Had When We Were A Kid by Jyde89: 11:19am On Jun 16, 2012
I was told as a kid,not to make any drawings in the sands at night. For the spirit of my long gone grandma will be awaken to come clean it up. But now when i remember,i just see it as a ploy to stop me from playing at night,and it worked. Kids,innocent indeed.

1 Like

Re: Funny Beliefs We Had When We Were A Kid by Lilprocess(m): 11:25am On Jun 16, 2012
Haha wen i was a kid my mother once told me that if u eat too much of yam u will b pregnant
Re: Funny Beliefs We Had When We Were A Kid by tatosh: 11:25am On Jun 16, 2012
Yacubes: I used 2 believ hummer jeep is d world's most expensive suv.
Of all things to bliv? Vain child
Re: Funny Beliefs We Had When We Were A Kid by Slicqyprizzy(f): 11:28am On Jun 16, 2012
Jummy mine: i think this a common belief
i hear oo.i taught i waz da onli 1 hu believed in dos
Re: Funny Beliefs We Had When We Were A Kid by Jyde89: 11:30am On Jun 16, 2012
I also loved the cartoon world so much,i wanted to travel there. Always dreamt of becoming an action hero like superman one day. Their was a time i had a huge argument with my elder sister concerning the issue of wether they were real or not.

1 Like

Re: Funny Beliefs We Had When We Were A Kid by pseudonomer: 11:31am On Jun 16, 2012
stev SKY: wen i was young i had dis crazy belif dat wen u pee at an open place witout putin saliva... and sum1 crosses it... ur dick will shrik n dry up..... men i still put saliva at dis my age.... its already part of me......CRAZY rit

Me too, till today.
Re: Funny Beliefs We Had When We Were A Kid by Jyde89: 11:32am On Jun 16, 2012
Jyde89: I also loved the cartoon world so much,i wanted to travel there. Always dreamt of becoming an action hero like superman one day. Their was a time i had a huge argument with my elder sister concerning the issue of wether they were real or not.
Re: Funny Beliefs We Had When We Were A Kid by Slicqyprizzy(f): 11:38am On Jun 16, 2012
Az a kid i wz tld dat if u spit in fire,u'll catch sore throat and eventuali die 4rm it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Why Should Mummy Eat Junior Instead Of Garri? / Romade! Na Wetin U Put Der Wey U De Find / A Picture Of DOG Serving NYSC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.