Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,450 members, 7,819,662 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:07 PM

Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. (29817 Views)

Pastor Sign Fireman Arrested In Ritual Murder Case / Purpose: Sent To Bear Grief And Sorrows / Cardinal Jorge Bergoglio of Argentina Named New Pope, Pope Francis! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (22) (Go Down)

Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by grafikdon: 2:55pm On Nov 30, 2007
Horus:

The protesters streamed out of mosques after Friday sermons, as pickup trucks with loudspeakers blared messages against Gillian Gibbons, the teacher who was sentenced Thursday to 15 days in prison and deportation. She avoided the more serious punishment of 40 lashes.They massed in central Martyrs Square, outside the presidential palace, where hundreds of riot police were deployed, although they did not try to stop the rally."Shame, shame on the UK.," protesters chanted.They called for Gibbons' execution, saying, "No tolerance: Execution," and "Kill her, kill her by firing squad."

Mentally deranged illiterate third world barbarians. This is more depressing than 50 cents doing ballet in the middle of Times Square.
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by idupaul: 3:02pm On Nov 30, 2007
This teddy bear crisis is really spiralling outta control,, me predicts the first diplomatic row caused by a teddy bear, Did U all say guiness book of world rekords 2008.
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by Horus(m): 3:03pm On Nov 30, 2007
I hope Osama Ben Laden will not call for Jihad because of a teddy bear shocked
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by grafikdon: 3:05pm On Nov 30, 2007
Death to all teddy bears!!! tongue tongue
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by olabowale(m): 3:05pm On Nov 30, 2007
The same can happen in Main Street USA. Being in third world and also illiterate are not
what defined stupidity. When cool head does not prevail you have mob mentality, thereby
people behave very badly.
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by Horus(m): 3:11pm On Nov 30, 2007
They will soon show the beheading of a teddy bear on an Al Qaeda Video. grin
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by grafikdon: 3:12pm On Nov 30, 2007
olabowale:

The same can happen in Main Street USA. Being in third world and also illiterate are not
what defined stupidity. When cool head does not prevail you have mob mentality, thereby
people behave very badly.

You mean people gathering to behead someone in the middle of Times Square because he said ''Merry Christmas'' or named his toilet paper Jesus?. Apples and oranges are fruits, but they sure are not the same. wink
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by youngies(m): 3:45pm On Nov 30, 2007
The Federation of Student Islamic Societies (FOSIS), which represents more than 90,000 Muslim students in the UK and Ireland, said it was "deeply concerned" at what was a "gravely disproportionate" verdict.
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by Raimond(m): 3:50pm On Nov 30, 2007
@Topic:The lady has been sentenced and we pray everything should go by so fast so she could quickly go back to the UK,and leave that accursed nation called Sudan.

@oyb
Not been around, thot the thread had ended.Where is that fictitious dust from the rubble called OYB that had the guts to open his maggot-infested trap to vomit worms in my absence.more like stabbing me when i turned around,a typical guerilla tactic used by the extremists knocking-head-on-the-ground lunas, waiting for you man angry grin
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by Nobody: 3:53pm On Nov 30, 2007
The islamic rally for Gillian Gibson's execution is on MSNBC right now.
These people are nothing but animals.
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by Raimond(m): 3:53pm On Nov 30, 2007
Heard dt a `they`ve ` issued an order that the teddy be sent to pakistan en-route Afghanistan, for its immediate beheading, Please don`t ask of the source grin
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by olabowale(m): 3:54pm On Nov 30, 2007
Don't be silly. My response is directed to your labelling them third world and illiterate.
The last time I check Corona is in Queens. Have you been to the Bayous and the Appallacian?

Apples and oranges, is exactly the way you call them, pure illiterate and thid world. Unfortunately,
you were not alive in the Iranian hostages chaos. In those southern college towns, the town youngs
and ordinary folks were not even capable of hiding their hatred of foreign students, blacks and others.

I can tell you my experience when my apartment window was busted open from throwing stones. Even
the Iranian Jews went through difficult time in Montgomery, WV. If I let your statement slide, which I could
have, you may not realise that even the best of people may do even if they are not mindful of the
implications of their actions, especially when they are within a group of bad behaving people. Have you
forgotten the Central park wilding of '89?  That is a good example. And NY is the best example of America.
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by olabowale(m): 3:55pm On Nov 30, 2007
@Raimond: If you have lied here, how can we take anything you say from here
on end as truth? You make light of very serious issue.
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by Nobody: 3:58pm On Nov 30, 2007
alhaji turn on ur TV and look at the animals in sudan. Wielding machetes and demanding she be be killed by firing squad!
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by idupaul: 4:05pm On Nov 30, 2007
@raimond
Heard dt a `they`ve ` issued an order that the teddy be sent to pakistan en-route Afghanistan, for its immediate beheading
nice one

hmmm, this is a complex fatwa situation,fatwa 4 the teacher for being the umpire in the naming ceremony, fatwa 4 the students for choosing a holy name, then a big FATWA for teddy Mohammed for accepting a holy name, what a world.
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by Raimond(m): 4:10pm On Nov 30, 2007
olabowale:

@Raimond: If you have lied here, how can we take anything you say from here
on end as truth? You make light of very serious issue.

@olabowale

alhaji why won`t  i throw in some humour in a world that your cronies have decided to heat up with their senseless sentiments.For sure those matchet-wielding zombies who are calling for the woman`s head  will surely roast and rot in Hell.
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by skyjuice: 4:33pm On Nov 30, 2007
I liken this whole Islamic thingy to a game of basketball. Islam, the people and the religion were playing good basketball back in the AD era, shortly after teh death of christ. The Arabs with their religion were powerful, had a lot of scientific breakthrough's and discoveries. They were running fast breaks and scoring at will against the Europeans. On the first play of the second half, they were clearly fouled by the Europeans, but the ref did not make the call, instead of going back to play defense, they started to complain, and complain, complain, complain never ending. In the mean time the Europeans kept on running up the score. Word the wise, get back to playing defense and maybe u guys might make the point difference respectable, cause its already a blowout and u guys know it, that why u are constantly bitter. I mean get real, u guys want the head of a teacher because one of her students named a TB after himself, Wow, I mean wow am speechless. All this is going on at a time when more than half of the people in Sudan live in abject poverty, they should be calling for the heads of their leaders and not the teacher. Is the Muslim north tolerant of their Christian brothers in the south, I think not. I used to say to people that the problem was not with Islam, but a small sect of extremists, I am actually starting to doubt my own assumptions. If the tolerant and sensible in Islam will not stand up and condemn this act of barbarism then I am safe to group them all as one. They are in uproar over a TB while there are more serious issues affecting their people in Sudan, wow, mind boggling I tell u.
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by Nobody: 4:55pm On Nov 30, 2007
Raimond:

@Topic:The lady has been sentenced and we pray everything should go by so fast so she could quickly go back to the UK,and leave that accursed nation called Sudan.

@oyb
Not been around, thot the thread had ended.Where is that fictitious dust from the rubble called OYB that had the guts to open his creepy-crawlie-infested trap to vomit worms in my absence.more like stabbing me when i turned around,a typical guerilla tactic used by the extremists knocking-head-on-the-ground lunas, waiting for you man angry grin

davidlyan., the least you can do is educate your nimrod acolytes in the proper use of english. your wannabe crusader seems to be bursting at the seams.

Raimond, you may need to find a dictionary. . .
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by weebee(f): 5:23pm On Nov 30, 2007
Personally I dont like violence. I also do not support the idea of arresting the poor woman but to tell you the truth I wouldnt want anyone to give the name of my Jesus to a teddy bear. I wouldnt have resulted to violence but would have corrected the person in a peaceful manner.
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by IDINRETE: 5:36pm On Nov 30, 2007
ORO PESI JE

IM LOST FOR WORDS ABOUT THIS SUDANESE ISLAMIC FANATICS MADNESS

I CANNOT FATHOM THIS BABARITY IN THE NAME OF RELIGION
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by hafees: 5:44pm On Nov 30, 2007
I hope everyone saw the teddy bear tagged Muhammed david put on this Thread, you just told the whole nairaland the kind of christain you are. Am sure ur likes will like to walk into a mosque and urinate there and hope the muslims will not react or else another name tagging occurs. Afterall his FRIEND SAID SHE WOULD USE THE QURAN TO WIPE HER BUM. You guys and ur cohorts are  simply irresponsible haters
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by femi4love(m): 5:53pm On Nov 30, 2007
Teddy row protestors demand death

Thousands of Sudanese, many carrying knives and sticks, have taken to the streets of Khartoum calling for the execution of British school teacher Gillian Gibbons, jailed over a teddy bear.

Crowds demonstrated outside the presidential palace, saying the 15-day prison sentence imposed on Mrs Gibbons for allowing her class to call a teddy bear Mohammed was too lenient.

The protesters streamed out of mosques after sermons, as pick-up trucks with loudspeakers blared messages against Mrs Gibbons, 54, from Liverpool.

Hundreds of riot police were deployed as demonstrators massed in central Martyrs Square, outside the palace.

"Shame, shame on the UK," protesters chanted, and they called for Mrs Gibbons' execution, saying, "No tolerance: Execution," and "Kill her, kill her by firing squad."

The women's prison where Gibbons is being held is far from the site, as is the Unity High School where she taught, which is under heavy security protection.

The protest flared despite vows by Sudanese security officials during Mrs Gibbons' trial, that threatened demonstrations after prayers would not take place. Some of the protesters carried green banners with the name of the Society for Support of the Prophet Muhammad, a previously unknown group.

Some of the protesters, who one reporter at the scene said numbered as many as 10,000, carried clubs, knives and axes - but not automatic weapons, which some have carried at past government-condoned demonstrations, suggesting the rally was not organised by the government.

During the sermons, the Muslim cleric at Khartoum's main Martyrs Mosque denounced Gibbons, saying she intentionally insulted Islam but he did not call for protests.

"Imprisoning this lady does not satisfy the thirst of Muslims in Sudan. But we welcome imprisonment and expulsion," the cleric, Abdul-Jalil Nazeer al-Karouri, a well-known hard-liner, told worshippers. "This is an arrogant woman who came to our country, cashing her salary in dollars, teaching our children hatred of our Prophet Muhammad," he said.

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard/article-23423666-details/Teddy+row+protestors+demand+death/article.do
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by Nobody: 5:55pm On Nov 30, 2007
hafees:

I hope everyone saw the teddy bear tagged Muhammed david put on this Thread, you just told the whole nairaland the kind of christain you are. Am sure your likes will like to walk into a mosque and urinate there and hope the muslims will not react or else another name tagging occurs. Afterall his FRIEND SAID SHE WOULD USE THE QURAN TO WIPE HER BUM. You guys and your cohorts are  simply irresponsible haters

if that teddy bear on a mere site annoys you then i really don't know what to say about you.
Please don't let me hear any of you preach about "tolerance".

when did i lose the right to put the name of my former head of state, mohamadu buhari, on my teddy bear?

Like Nwando said, you HAVE NO RIGHT to force me to respect that name . . . i thought islam said there is no compulsion in religion. Seems you hypocrites quote that verse only when it suits you!
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by FBS: 5:58pm On Nov 30, 2007
I did mention it earlier that most of their wahala are carried out immediately after mosque and prayer sections, and guess, what I was very correct.

Now they are demanding for the woman death, Good Lord, this is just not possible. I mean how can human beings be so brain washed to the extent that they openly declare war because of a teddy bear?

Look, if you name your dog chris or any christian name, yes, people may take a second look at you, but will definitely not ask for your death,

I am more than convinced that these guys will never see the Truth.

Truth is knowledge and if you don't know the truth you will never have knowledge.
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by Nobody: 6:01pm On Nov 30, 2007
hafees:

I hope everyone saw the teddy bear tagged Muhammed david put on this Thread, you just told the whole nairaland the kind of christain you are. Am sure your likes will like to walk into a mosque and urinate there and hope the muslims will not react or else another name tagging occurs. Afterall his FRIEND SAID SHE WOULD USE THE QURAN TO WIPE HER BUM. You guys and your cohorts are  simply irresponsible haters

Isn't it rather amazing that you chose to quote people out of context in your blindness but has made absolutely no meaningful contribution on this discourse?
People are wielding machetes demanding that this innocent woman be killed rather than express your disgust like a right thinking homo sapien you are tearing your underwear over what I can and cannot do with my text books.
Take it easy dear
Have you wondered if the printing presses that print the Koran return the dicarded ink stained pages back to allah via an injil or shred it,put it in a trash can and send it to a landfill together with other discarded junk.

Don't kill yourself over nothing.
You would have died in vain!
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by Nobody: 6:04pm On Nov 30, 2007
FBS:

I[b] did mention it earlier that most of their wahala are carried out immediately after mosque and prayer sections, and guess, what I was very correct[/b].

Now they are demanding for the woman death, Good Lord, this is just not possible. I mean how can human beings be so brain washed to the extent that they openly declare war because of a teddy bear?

Look, if you name your dog chris or any christian name, yes, people may take a second look at you, but will definitely not ask for your death,

I am more than convinced that these guys will never see the Truth.

Truth is knowledge and if you don't know the truth you will never have knowledge.

It is a known fact everywhere including Nigeria.
My relatives in the North feel the most unease on Fridays and one deadly Kaduna riot confirmed their fears.
People trouped out on masse after the Friday "exhortation" and began slaughtering their neighbours like sallah ram.

We all know what the sermon on that day and the sermon in Sudan was prior to this.
And they have the guts to question our anger?
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by Nobody: 6:07pm On Nov 30, 2007
davidylan:

alhaji turn on your TV and look at the animals in sudan. Wielding machetes and demanding she be be killed by firing squad!

Like he cares. lipsrsealed
He'll shout Islam is peace 288 times before believing anything you say.
Someone would soon tell us it was all an American idea and those protesters are actually 7th day Adventists marching unto war
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by FBS: 6:08pm On Nov 30, 2007
somebody has got to stop this, it is crime against humanity.
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by Nobody: 6:11pm On Nov 30, 2007
The protesters streamed out of mosques after sermons, as pick-up trucks with loudspeakers blared messages against Mrs Gibbons, 54, from Liverpool.

can it be any clearer than that.

If indeed Sudan or the Muslim world that shouts peace is outraged by this,why doesn't someone sanction that Imam that pumped up the spirit of hatred and murder in the hearts of an already murderous people ?
Since the Mosques are now an extension of Alqueda,they ought to be regarded as such until proven otherwise
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by grafikdon: 6:14pm On Nov 30, 2007
@olabowale, I admit it was wrong to use the term 'illiterate' because there are millions of 'illiterates' who would frown at butt flogging and beheading a woman over a teddy bear. I tender my humble apology to those 'illiterates' for insulting their humanity and at the same time I sincerely apologize to well meaning/right thinking Nairalanders for elevating the brainless Sudanese barbarians to the level of illiterates. For that fatal blunder and great insult to real human beings, I apologize. wink

With that said, let me use the most suitable term. . .

They are simply a group of brain dead, barbaric, retrogressive, repulsive third world imbeciles.
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by Nobody: 6:16pm On Nov 30, 2007
grafikdon:

@olabowale, I admit it was wrong to use the term 'illiterate' because there are millions of 'illiterates' who would frown at butt floogging and beheading a woman over a teddy bear. I tender my humble apology to those 'illiterates' fro insulting their humanity and on the same note I sincerely apologize to well meaning/right thinking Nairalanders for elevating the brainless Sudanese barbarians to the level of illiterates. For that fatal blunder and great insult to real human beings, I apologize. wink

With that said, let me use the most suitable term. . .

They are simply a group of brain dead, barbaric, retrogressive, repulsive third world imbeciles.

ROFL
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by Seun(m): 6:17pm On Nov 30, 2007
I wouldnt want anyone to give the name of my Jesus to a teddy bear. I wouldnt have resulted to violence but would have corrected the person in a peaceful manner.
This is cute, but even that statement would incur the wrath of a muslim because muslims don't worship Muhammad. Another difference is that muslims often bear the name "Muhammad" which means they see it as just a name whereas Christians don't bear the name "Jesus". This whole crisis is completely irrational.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (22)

Pastor Chidi Okafor "Strikes Woman With Blindness", Accuses Her Of Witchcraft / The Yoruba Odu. Eji Ogbe(oyinbo/whiteman). / Deism- The Last Refuge For A Dubious Religious Apologist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.