Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,584 members, 7,958,807 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 02:05 AM

Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. (30381 Views)

Pastor Sign Fireman Arrested In Ritual Murder Case / Purpose: Sent To Bear Grief And Sorrows / Cardinal Jorge Bergoglio of Argentina Named New Pope, Pope Francis! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (22) (Go Down)

Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by Nobody: 2:53am On Nov 30, 2007
raginheart:

so your taking your knowledge from a 7 year old

what if your kid one day said he can fly or eat fire would u let him

so you mean to tell me this kid should not name a toy his own name?
Yes I can learn from anyone even a mad man.
You on the other hand are incapable of learning.
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by Glamourgal(f): 2:54am On Nov 30, 2007
kai!! so wot if he did sef?
plzzzzzzzz, let islam and mohammed be ''special'' to its followers and leave us alone ooo
d woman came over to sudan for a good cause and this is how they treat her?
these little things make other non-muslims ''disrespect'' ur religion

do wot is right, morally and dnt always do it by wt they said allah said---which was written in d quaran
ur nt the only ppl in this world
it doesnt always hv to be about u lot u knw?
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by Nobody: 2:55am On Nov 30, 2007
my exchanges here with you has also been a learning process (from hell)I have learnt that there are grown adults,that can log onto a computer but yet are  incapable of common  reasoning.
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by raginheart(f): 2:56am On Nov 30, 2007
i learn from all creatures of Allah

if a mad man is not making sense then it would be wiser to over look it

i didnt ay that the two beliefs were exact but i said they agree on the main things
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by Glamourgal(f): 2:59am On Nov 30, 2007
davidylan:

like fasting . . . again a very clear difference. While muslims broadcast a rescheduled feeding arrangement aka fast, christians are enjoined in the bible to fast for a purpose and to do so . . . not letting your left hand know what your right hand does because your Father who is in heaven who sees u in secret will reward u openly.

Lastly . . . how can we believe in the same God when yours refers to you as his slave and mine calls me His own Son and best friend?
WELL PUT!

christians rock jor!!
our God loves us ooooooooo and he doesnt mind d fact that we r sinners. he doesnt send our priests/pastors to flog us.
my nyash for be all bone and no flesh by now, if nt for the love He has for us.
up christianity!!!

i'd rather be atheist than even consider islam!!! yuck!!!!!!!!
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by Nobody: 3:02am On Nov 30, 2007
raginheart:

i didnt ay that the two beliefs were exact but i said they agree on the main things

What "main things" do they agree on? In all my short yrs as a christian i have not seen ONE thing that christianity and islam agrees on. The bible says what concord hath light and darkness?

What do we agree on? pls i'd like to know, maybe i'm the ignorant one. tx
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by Nobody: 3:02am On Nov 30, 2007
These people go around demanding respect,respect is earned not gotten by force.
Nobody can tell anyone what he should hold sacred.
Muhammad may be sacred to you,to me it's not and you can't force it on me.
I can decide today to use a piece of koran to wipe my jericho  after a massive number 2 if I run out of toilet paper,that is my choice!

Muslims on this forum have called Christ names,said Christians worshipped 3 Gods,made fun of the death and resurrection of Christ,that is also their choice and they deserve it.
Hindus,harae krishnas,atheists,Christians even Amadioha worshippers can take any hits and jabs from oppositions and so should you!
You folks ought to grow some exoskeleton and stop acting like a bunch of sissies
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by raginheart(f): 3:04am On Nov 30, 2007
i still think u look at things from a narrow point of view

even between the two religions

any way

guidance is from Allah and not from people , Allah chooses who he wishes to  guide

may Allah show u the right way

please excuse me i have to go pray
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by Nobody: 3:05am On Nov 30, 2007
raginheart:

even between the two religions

any way

guidance is from Allah and not from people , Allah chooses who he wishes to guide

please excuse me i have to go pray

Igba!
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by Glamourgal(f): 3:07am On Nov 30, 2007
lmfaooooooooooo
wot a way to get out of this

besides, u do u muslims tell the whole world ur praying/fasting?
do u think it pleases ur God?
does it guarantee ur entrance to heaven?
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by Nobody: 3:08am On Nov 30, 2007
raginheart:

Narrow point of view or not, the fact is i can still see. You on the other dont seem to be able to see anything at all, chief among them - REASON.

raginheart:

guidance is from Allah and not from people , Allah chooses who he wishes to  guide

that is why my God can never be equivalent to allah . . . my God says behold i stand at the door and knock, WHOSOEVER . . . He doesnt pick who he wishes to guide.

raginheart:

If the "right way" is to flog a poor innocent teacher with 40 lashes for allowing 7yr olds to play with a teddy bear then let allah leave me on the "wrong way".
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by Nobody: 3:09am On Nov 30, 2007
david the girl is praying.
You should be afraid.
very afraid grin
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by Glamourgal(f): 3:10am On Nov 30, 2007
as lng as i dnt get flogged, i want to be on the wrong path 4 d rest of my life on earth. grin
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by nuru(m): 7:15am On Nov 30, 2007
Even the way people are posting on this thread tells any rational unbiased umpire that christians are more intolerant of Islam than muslims of christianity. Yet christians will be the first to accuse muslims of extremism.
Everybody should do a quick check of previous postings, who are those calling names, abusing and arguing rough when this is supposed to be a decent discourse. Some should be ashamed of what they are spewing out in hatred.
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by FBS: 8:59am On Nov 30, 2007
It's sad how people will not read and understand a post wilth logical reasoning before posting. 
No need breaking it down for you, If you can't understand that then i plead with you go back to Primary 1

@sucks, clap for ya' self, anyway maybe you can give me some lessons about how to become a jihadist,  grin

but seriously, I'm still wondering why you have failed to see that , that your religion is of the devil. davidlan,nwando and others have pointed to you and alaji that it is high time to give your mind a rethink about your so called faith. Even a muslim here as posted that what you are doing is wrong.

Going to the extent of googling and posting history lessons here is a complete waste of time. You may never see the truth ( I pray you do) .

You ignore questions asked and in return post some absolute jagbajantis, tell you what, Give your life to Christ.
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by FBS: 9:01am On Nov 30, 2007
You people have timetable for praying yet most attrocities, killings, jihads are carried out immediately after prayers sections, ? Is that a way of life?

Your irritating sharia laws are targeted only towards the poor. I'm yet to learn that in Kano any rich man has been captured or his hand chopped off. you chop people limbs off and all in the name of allah? please!  undecided

read this, it will do you some good.

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=48298
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by idupaul: 9:48am On Nov 30, 2007
This has been one hell of a thread, nw i know religious issues are really sensitive issues.
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by hafees: 12:08pm On Nov 30, 2007
@Nwando, David, FBS. u guys are the right hand men/women for God. Yes! u are the present day Jesus, Clap for urselves. I dont think you guys are well brought up at all, ur parents shld regreat giving birth to the likes of you. Ok the woman was arrested and even many Muslims have condemned it, must u insult ppl on this trend, i cant start quoting all the insensitives,childish, and senselss things you have written on many thread. softly! Nwando pls try and use the Quaran to wipe ur bum, i challenge you. you are so insentive, how can something like that, and the next thing is Muslims are this and that. David son of God, it is only you that knows he is not Allah, am sure that was given to you in your dream.

its easy to spot the likes of you:garbage in, garbage out. You are only vomiting all the nonsense some of the ppl who want to continue to get ur tithe have told you. remember the manwho stole money from his place of work running into millions and then donated it to Church, na small thing. JAZZ andremote control or na holy spirit touch am,continue to play advocate. Yeye. Attack Islam all you can, but i tell you all ur propanganda will come to nothing. Which of you talked about Saddam Hussein, so Bush should also come to Nigeria and remove all our bad governments,killing ur family. u will be happen. i dont know if the storyabout the woman is all true,that is there could be hidden facts its all twisted to put Islam in bad light. the woman i hope would be released, so that the likes of Nwando and david will not die of heart attack. am waiting for ur abuses, because i know that is the way u have been brought up. SHOOT
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by youngies(m): 12:48pm On Nov 30, 2007
hafees:

@Nwando, David, FBS. u guys are the right hand men/women for God. Yes! u are the present day Jesus, Clap for urselves. I don't think you guys are well brought up at all, your parents shld regreat giving birth to the likes of you. Ok the woman was arrested and even many Muslims have condemned it, must u insult people on this trend, i can't start quoting all the insensitives,childish, and senselss things you have written on many thread. softly! Nwando please try and use the Quaran to wipe your bum, i challenge you. you are so insentive, how can something like that, and the next thing is Muslims are this and that. David son of God, it is only you that knows he is not Allah, am sure that was given to you in your dream.

its easy to spot the likes of you:garbage in, garbage out. You are only vomiting all the nonsense some of the people who want to continue to get your tithe have told you. remember the manwho stole money from his place of work running into millions and then donated it to Church, na small thing. JAZZ andremote control or na holy spirit touch am,continue to play advocate. Yeye. Attack Islam all you can, but i tell you all your propanganda will come to nothing. Which of you talked about Saddam Hussein, so Bush should also come to Nigeria and remove all our bad governments,killing your family. u will be happen. i don't know if the storyabout the woman is all true,that is there could be hidden facts its all twisted to put Islam in bad light. the woman i hope would be released, so that the likes of Nwando and david will not die of heart attack. am waiting for your abuses, because i know that is the way u have been brought up. SHOOT

Ironically none of them replied you, you know why? Because you are sounding like a broken record!  tongue
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by hafees: 1:04pm On Nov 30, 2007
@youngies
Dont worry u will be endorsed by them they will pat ur head, puppy thats what u are waiting for
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by grafikdon: 1:13pm On Nov 30, 2007
Okaaaaay. . . David, Nwando, FBS and other 'infidels'. . . I am Achmed the dead (Spelt A-C- Phlegm, Achhhhhmed). . . I kill you!

http://www.break.com/index/achmed-the-terrorist.html

grin grin grin

Death to Amerika. tongue

Click on the link and laugh off your butt. grin
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by youngies(m): 1:27pm On Nov 30, 2007
@youngies
Dont worry u will be endorsed by them they will pat your head, puppy thats what u are waiting for

I will ignore this rabble just to stay on the topic

i don't know if the storyabout the woman is all true,that is there could be hidden facts its all twisted to put Islam in bad light. the woman i hope would be released,

I wonder why you don't know if the story is all true? Have you heard any other version of the story since the news broke out, either from the school, parents, the children or the Sudanese authorities? Or could they have twisted the story also to put islam in bad light? No I don't think you have.

But all the same, in your warped islamic sense you chose to cast a doubt on the story so that you can justify the primitive, babaric islamic action.
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by Blackcat(f): 1:43pm On Nov 30, 2007
grafikdon:

Okaaaaay. . . David, Nwando, FBS and other 'infidels'. . . I am Achmed the dead (Spelt A-C- Phlegm, Achhhhhmed). . . I kill you!

grin grin grin

Death to Amerika. tongue

Click on the link and laugh off your butt. grin

My Dear 'grafikdon' , I have thought hard about all what those infidels have written and the only answer I can give is "the best answer for a fool(s) is silence"

When finally they(davidylan, nwando, olabowale,FBS and other 'infidels') grow up and maybe have children, the can let their kids name teddy bears Jesus because some latinos name their children not toys Jesus, they can also name their dogs and cats Jesus  while they are at it , they can also  travel with these animals or pets to Vatican city and scream Jesus to the animals on the streets when they(animals) go astray.
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by grafikdon: 1:59pm On Nov 30, 2007
shocked shocked shocked shocked See me see Osama Bin Laden o! Chei Blackat you got me wrong, sooooo wrong. grin grin grin
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by Blackcat(f): 2:26pm On Nov 30, 2007
grafikdon:

shocked shocked shocked shocked See me see Osama Bin Laden o! Chei Blackat you got me wrong, sooooo wrong. grin grin grin

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!! "grafikdon" are you also an infidel?
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by kellorah: 2:33pm On Nov 30, 2007
lalalalaa
get over urselves!! always thinking ur holier than the rest of us!!
go and pray and fast on behalf of us if it bothers u so much
or go take ur anger out on someone else by flogging or choppin off hands.----all in the name of religion
heartless people

and u wonder y christians cant stand ur religion
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by grafikdon: 2:35pm On Nov 30, 2007
No Blackat, I am not an 'infidel' I just couldn't be bothered with anyone naming his condom Jesus or his cow Mary. . . their problem, not mine. cheesy

Abeg my people, make una watch Achhhhhhhmed the Dead! It will make your day. grin

grin grin grin
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by olabowale(m): 2:41pm On Nov 30, 2007
@Blackcat: Maybe another batch of Children. I will be foolish I take your suggestion and name a
dog Jesus, and call that animal in a faintly audible voice, in a crowded St Peter piazza (plaza/square),
during mass. You will have a dead Nigerian laying on the flooe before Ratzinger, the German pope, will
know what had gone on. Like the Yorubas will say; Apa yon nie! I can't trust even as far as I can
throw you. lol. Be serious man.

By the way, Infidel is not found in the Qur'an. So the stigma of it on the Muslims does not work. However,
Keferi, Mushiriki, Munafiki, Kileb, etc will work just fine.
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by ettehgate(m): 2:46pm On Nov 30, 2007
action they say bring reaction

just try and name your dog chris oyakhilome in crist embassy

name your cat pope in the vertican city

they will surely give you award of excellence.

WHY IS IT THAT THEY ARE ALWAYS THE AGGRESSOR?

TRY AND NAME YOUR DOG YARADUA IN ASO ROCK AND SEE WHAT HIS  AIDS [both christian/muslim] DO TO YOU
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by Horus(m): 2:52pm On Nov 30, 2007
[size=24pt]Now,Protesters demand execution in teddy bear case[/size]

30 Novenber

KHARTOUM, Sudan  Thousands of Sudanese, many armed with clubs and knives, rallied today in a central square and demanded the execution of a British teacher convicted of insulting Islam for allowing her students to name a teddy bear "Muhammad."The protesters streamed out of mosques after Friday sermons, as pickup trucks with loudspeakers blared messages against Gillian Gibbons, the teacher who was sentenced Thursday to 15 days in prison and deportation. She avoided the more serious punishment of 40 lashes.They massed in central Martyrs Square, outside the presidential palace, where hundreds of riot police were deployed, although they did not try to stop the rally."Shame, shame on the UK.," protesters chanted.They called for Gibbons' execution, saying, "No tolerance: Execution," and "Kill her, kill her by firing squad."The women's prison where Gibbons is being held is far from the site. Unity High School, which is closer by in central Khartoum, is under heavy security protection.The protest arose despite vows by Sudanese security officials the day before, during Gibbons' trial, that threatened demonstrations after Friday prayers would not take place. Some of the protesters carried green banners with the name of the Society for Support of the Prophet Muhammad, a previously unknown group.Many protesters carried clubs, knives and axes  but not automatic weapons, which some have brandished at past government-condoned demonstrations. That suggested today's rally was not organized by the government.A Muslim cleric at Khartoum's main Martyrs Mosque denounced Gibbons during one sermon, saying she intentionally insulted Islam. He did not call for protests, however."Imprisoning this lady does not satisfy the thirst of Muslims in Sudan. But we welcome imprisonment and expulsion," the cleric, Abdul-Jalil Nazeer al-Karouri, a well-known hard-liner, told worshippers."This an arrogant woman who came to our country, cashing her salary in dollars, teaching our children hatred of our Prophet Muhammad," he said.Britain, meanwhile, pursued diplomatic moves to free Gibbons. Prime Minister Gordon Brown spoke with a member of her family to convey his regret, his spokeswoman said."He set out his concern and the fact that we were doing all we could to secure her release," spokeswoman Emily Hands told reporters.Most Britons expressed shock at the verdict by a court in Khartoum, alongside hope it would not raise tensions between Muslims and non-Muslims in Britain."One of the good things is the UK. Muslims who've condemned the charge as completely out of proportion," said Paul Wishart, 37, a student in London."In the past, people have been a bit upset when different atrocities have happened and there hasn't been much voice in the UK. Islamic population, whereas with this, they've quickly condemned it."Muhammad Abdul Bari, secretary-general of the Muslim Council of Britain, accused the Sudanese authorities of "gross overreaction.""This case should have required only simple common sense to resolve. It is unfortunate that the Sudanese authorities were found wanting in this most basic of qualities," he said.The Muslim Public Affairs Committee, a political advocacy group, said the prosecution was "abominable and defies common sense."Archbishop of Canterbury Rowan Williams, spiritual leader of the world's 77 million Anglicans, said Gibbons' prosecution and conviction was "an absurdly disproportionate response to what is at worst a cultural faux pas."Foreign Secretary David Miliband summoned the Sudanese ambassador late Thursday to express Britain's disappointment with the verdict. The Foreign Office said Britain would continue diplomatic efforts to achieve "a swift resolution" to the crisis.Gibbons was arrested Sunday after another staff member at the school complained that she had allowed her 7-year-old students to name a teddy bear Muhammad. Giving the name of the Muslim prophet to an animal or a toy could be considered insulting.The case put Sudan's government in an embarrassing position  facing the anger of Britain on one side and potential trouble from powerful Islamic hard-liners on the other. Many saw the 15-day sentence as an attempt to appease both sides.In The Times, columnist Bronwen Maddox said the verdict was "something of a fudge ,  designed to give a nod to British reproof but also to appease the street."Britain's response applying diplomatic pressure while extolling ties with Sudan and affirming respect for Islam had produced mixed results, British commentators concluded.In an editorial, The Daily Telegraph said Miliband "has tiptoed around the case, avoiding a threat to cut aid and asserting that respect for Islam runs deep in Britain. Given that much of the government's financial support goes to the wretched refugees in Darfur and neighboring Chad, Mr. Miliband's caution is understandable."Now, however, the newspaper said, Britain should recall its ambassador in Khartoum and impose sanctions on the Sudanese regime.

Source: http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/5340621.html
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by idupaul: 2:53pm On Nov 30, 2007
BREAKING NEWS FROM KHARTOUM.
Hundreds of Sudanese Muslims took to the streets of Khartoum on Friday demanding death for the British school teacher convicted of insulting Islam after her class named a teddy bear Mohammad,obviously not satisfied with the 15 days prison sentence she got.

The poor teacher what even took her there in 1st place before the issue of naming a doll came up.

@ettehgate. LOL
TRY AND NAME YOUR DOG YARADUA IN ASO ROCK AND SEE WHAT HIS AIDS [both christian/muslim] DO TO YOU
funny one.
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by Blackcat(f): 2:54pm On Nov 30, 2007
ettehgate:

action they say bring reaction

just try and name your dog chris oyakhilome in crist embassy

name your cat pope in the vertican city

they will surely give you award of excellence.

WHY IS IT THAT THEY ARE ALWAYS THE AGGRESSOR?

TRY AND NAME YOUR DOG YARADUA IN ASO ROCK AND SEE WHAT HIS  AIDS [both christian/muslim] DO TO YOU

Thank you, now you guys can understand why the Sudanese are sour over a petbeen named Mohamed.

olabowale:

@Blackcat: Maybe another batch of Children. I will be foolish I take your suggestion and name a
dog Jesus, and call that animal in a faintly audible voice, in a crowded St Peter piazza (plaza/square),
during mass. You will have a dead Nigerian laying on the flooe before Ratzinger, the German pope, will
know what had gone on. Like the Yorubas will say; Apa yon nie! I can't trust even as far as I can
throw you. lol. Be serious man.

By the way, Infidel is not found in the Qur'an. So the stigma of it on the Muslims does not work. However,
Keferi, Mushiriki, Munafiki, Kileb, etc will work just fine.

Now you can appreciate the feelings of the Sudanese.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (22)

Foluke Adeboye Celebrates 67th Birthday (Pictures) / Pastor Adeboye Reacts To Owo Massacre / Nigerian Pastors Who Hate Themselves

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.