Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,577 members, 7,958,785 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 12:28 AM

Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. (30380 Views)

Pastor Sign Fireman Arrested In Ritual Murder Case / Purpose: Sent To Bear Grief And Sorrows / Cardinal Jorge Bergoglio of Argentina Named New Pope, Pope Francis! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (22) (Go Down)

Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by Nobody: 2:19am On Nov 30, 2007
raginheart:

they didnt  punish her wrongly

and the parents did there job by refusing to have the teacher in the school

islam is not twisted , only the eyes look at it in a twisted way

I wonder why shocked shocked shocked
This must be Hajiya Olabowole.
They have something in common grin
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by Glamourgal(f): 2:21am On Nov 30, 2007
ragin:did they refuse the teacher in the skl b4 or after this wahala?
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by Glamourgal(f): 2:22am On Nov 30, 2007
see hw over protective some muslims get over issues like this!

i thank God i'm not muslim, nvr brought as one, or even hv one in my family. THANK YOU JESUS!!
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by raginheart(f): 2:23am On Nov 30, 2007
i read the mentioned post  

mortals carry the beloved name of Mohammed because they love and respect him

ignorance of what the name means to muslims doesnt give the right to insult

and as for teaching children boundries and respect , that is how islam is aiming to teach the young before the old and all the small details that some see as silly are the making of true respectful muslim
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by Nobody: 2:23am On Nov 30, 2007
Glamourgal:

i thank God i'm not muslim, nvr brought as one, or even hv one in my family. THANK YOU JESUS!!

you will soon be charged for "insulting islam". 40 lashes!
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by spoilt(f): 2:24am On Nov 30, 2007
raginheart:

they didnt  punish her wrongly

and the parents did there job by refusing to have the teacher in the school

islam is not twisted , only the eyes look at it in a twisted way

please  spare us the extremist viewpoint. This whole thing makes no sense. If they had laid hands on the poor woman she would be all bled out and headless in the streets by now killed by people who are holier than thou. because of a toy.
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by Nobody: 2:25am On Nov 30, 2007
ragin, i have a very small question . . . pls permit me.

Premise 1: islam accepts that Moses, Jesus e.t.c. are "prophets.
Premise 2: Islam admits that they make NO distinction among "prophets".

Question: would you be rightfully demanding for "respect" if i named my pet pig Moses?
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by Glamourgal(f): 2:25am On Nov 30, 2007
lol david @ d lashes. is that all they're good @? grin
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by Glamourgal(f): 2:25am On Nov 30, 2007
lol david---na u get pets pass grin grin grin grin
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by raginheart(f): 2:28am On Nov 30, 2007
i'm sorry at how narrowly u guys look at things and just cant go past the toy

the issue here is bigger

u thank GOD that ur not a muslim , strangely  i have found that the true christians have a lot in common with muslims

and this might surprise u but we dont disagree on a lot of matters
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by Nobody: 2:28am On Nov 30, 2007
this is what a blogger said.

When can I buy my very own Muhammad teddy bear?? I assume they are being produced as we speak?
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by raginheart(f): 2:29am On Nov 30, 2007
if u were a muslim u wouldnt even think about namin a pet after one of the prophets

we respect them all
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by raginheart(f): 2:31am On Nov 30, 2007
ignorance is every where

u choose which path u want to follow
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by Nobody: 2:32am On Nov 30, 2007
raginheart:

i'm sorry at how narrowly u guys look at things and just can't go past the toy

the issue here is bigger

u thank GOD that your not a muslim , strangely  i have found that the true christians have a lot in common with muslims

and this might surprise u but we don't disagree on a lot of matters

my friend go and sit down.
We agree on issues like 4 wives for mallam abdullahi,scourging women and banishng them to bed,men going into their tilths,paying dowry to buy a womans privates,convert or you die,death to apostates and death to America
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by Glamourgal(f): 2:32am On Nov 30, 2007
lmfao@ nwado----ppl will even take the piss more  grin
this is wot happens when ridiculous things are exaggerated.
i dnt want one though, but it would be very funny if i did. grin grin grin

@ragin:wot's being narrow minded got to do with nething?
ye, christianity n islam hv got things in common. but unlike islam, we dnt flog ppl and do other barbaric things all in d name of our God and we do not judge ppl cos we leave dt to God.
and we dnt kill protestants for marrying catholics-----------d list is endless
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by spoilt(f): 2:33am On Nov 30, 2007
raginheart:

i'm sorry at how narrowly u guys look at things and just can't go past the toy

the issue here is bigger

u thank GOD that your not a muslim , strangely  i have found that the true christians have a lot in common with muslims

its not about the toy woman. If i saw someone blaspheming my Jesus i would not drag him/her out on the streets and chop his/her head off.  shocked
God does not need spoilt or anyone else to fight for him.  that's why there's a judgement day.  and besides some people see some minor silly things as blasphemy. should people be so sensitive to blasphemy that they see it everywhere?

[s]blasphemously sensitive Blasphemy detectors! [/s]  i tire.
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by Nobody: 2:34am On Nov 30, 2007
Get your muhamadu teddy bear here . . . hurry while supplies last

Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by Nobody: 2:34am On Nov 30, 2007
speaking of death to America please enjoy this comedy.
You will laugh like you never laughed before

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GqDzTCuUq0
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by raginheart(f): 2:35am On Nov 30, 2007
i am seated thank u

maybe u guys  should care more

the islam is clear in it rules, and  there r people who exaggerate in every religion not just islam
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by Nobody: 2:37am On Nov 30, 2007
raginheart:

u thank GOD that your not a muslim , strangely i have found that the true christians have a lot in common with muslims

I am not surprised at all for i know you are not speaking the truth. TRUE christians have nothing in common with muslims . . . the very fundamental principle of christianity is the death and resurrection of Christ on the cross . . . islam denies this fact. Which other matters do you then have to agree on? How to hate the jews?
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by spoilt(f): 2:38am On Nov 30, 2007
doesnt matter what religion you ascribe to, not everyone values what you hold dear so you cant kill me for not holding your prophet sacred.
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by Glamourgal(f): 2:38am On Nov 30, 2007
d quaran says adore women, repsect them, bla bla bla---same religion dt is waaaaaaaaay disrespectful to women!!
making dem wear that ogologo thing saying it's protecting them
wot nonsense!

christians are more relaxed, u knw, laid back. u extremists shd try it sometime.
u'll fee a lot better---like the weight of the world has been taken off ur shoulder.
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by Nobody: 2:40am On Nov 30, 2007
davidylan:

Get your muhamadu teddy bear here . . . hurry while supplies last

Chineke God of Abia state.
David!!!!!!!!!
The bears are already here?
people are fast o
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by Glamourgal(f): 2:41am On Nov 30, 2007
oh--ye---d jews issues.
that's one of the main reasons i dnt like that nasty religion
yes, i said it
u can come and flog me if u dare!!!!!!
cos ur god said jews are nt good, u follow n hate?
wot sort of God hates PEOPLE??
my God loves sinners---cos we're ALL sinners.
ur a sinner too, but does Allah love u still?
and dnt tell me ur nt a sinner,
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by Glamourgal(f): 2:43am On Nov 30, 2007
BTW, nwa--i've seen dt clip b4
friggin hilarious!!

''death to america'' grin grin
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by Nobody: 2:44am On Nov 30, 2007
death to all teddy bears
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by Glamourgal(f): 2:45am On Nov 30, 2007
lol david, leave d cute likkle things alone ooo cheesy
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by raginheart(f): 2:46am On Nov 30, 2007
u might not believe in my religion but that doesnt mean to direspect it

woman r honoured in islam and i have seen many posts in the land from christians wonting woman to wear more repectfully ,they even said they r more attreacted to them than the ones who show thier bodies and preffer them as wives
why would they say that ?

as i told u true christians and muslims get along very well with the beliefe in GOD or Allah with the main rules of the need of praying fasting not lieing stealing all those things and others are common between both religions
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by Nobody: 2:46am On Nov 30, 2007
Glamourgal:

BTW, nwa--i've seen dt clip before
friggin hilarious!!

''death to america'' grin grin

I actually watched it on mad TV.
I have not seen a funnier comedy piece.

Death to mad TV
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by Nobody: 2:49am On Nov 30, 2007
raginheart:

u might not believe in my religion but that doesnt mean to direspect it

woman r honoured in islam and i have seen many posts in the land from christians wonting woman to wear more repectfully ,they even said they r more attreacted to them than the ones who show their bodies and preffer them as wives
why would they say that ?

as i told u true christians and muslims get along very well with the beliefe in GOD or Allah with the main rules of the need of praying fasting not lieing stealing all those things and others are common between both religions

hear what a 7 year old said.
He obviously makes more sense than you.

A pupil has defended a British teacher accused of insulting Islam by allowing a toy bear to be called Muhammad, saying he named the bear after himself.

The seven-year-old Sudanese boy said ex-pat Gillian Gibbons asked him what he wanted to call the toy.

He explained: 'I said Muhammad. I named it after my name.'

The youngster insisted he was not referring to Islam's prophet when he suggested the name.

http://www.metro.co.uk/news/article.html?in_article_id=77327&in_page_id=34
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by raginheart(f): 2:51am On Nov 30, 2007
so ur taking ur knowledge from a 7 year old

what if ur kid one day said he can fly or eat fire would u let him
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by Nobody: 2:51am On Nov 30, 2007
raginheart:

humor aside madam, this is untrue. Not lieing and not stealing is also common with ogun worshippers . . . do you also get along very well with them? What of the jews? do you hate them because they lie and steal too?

True christians do not merely believe in an amorphous sky pixie called "God", we believe in the resurrected saviour Jesus Christ Our Lord! Do muslims also believe this too?

you talk of "main rules" like fasting . . . again a very clear difference. While muslims broadcast a rescheduled feeding arrangement aka fast, christians are enjoined in the bible to fast for a purpose and to do so . . . not letting ur left hand know what ur right hand does because ur Father who is in heaven who sees u in secret will reward u openly.

Lastly . . . how can we believe in the same God when yours refers to you as his slave and mine calls me His own Son and best friend?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (22)

Foluke Adeboye Celebrates 67th Birthday (Pictures) / Pastor Adeboye Reacts To Owo Massacre / Nigerian Pastors Who Hate Themselves

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.