Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,401 members, 7,826,565 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 04:10 PM

Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. (29858 Views)

Pastor Sign Fireman Arrested In Ritual Murder Case / Purpose: Sent To Bear Grief And Sorrows / Cardinal Jorge Bergoglio of Argentina Named New Pope, Pope Francis! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Go Down)

Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by Nobody: 1:14am On Nov 30, 2007
nwando:

Tell that at the consulate and see if you won't be riding the next camel back to Islamabad grin

Laughter don kill me!  grin cheesy
Dont mind alhaji, he is only claiming allah's land! I'm surprised alhaji has not ridden his camel to Darfur . . . doesnt allah own the land there too?
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by Nobody: 1:16am On Nov 30, 2007
mukina2:

na lie grin

i am saying the fact grin

totally agree, just wondering when other muslims will get their heads out of the sands of denial in time to see the folly of defending the indefensible on the basis of religion.
Even as a christian i wont be patting the nearest gay priest on the back for a job well done.
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by pcmecom(m): 1:23am On Nov 30, 2007
for goodness sake why is there so much fuss about this issue? someone named the teddy bear after the holy prophet! people should know when to draw the line and respect other religious views,if the muslim dont like people naming things after their prophets for God's sake people should respect that,religion should be about tolerance and understanding. This is another calculated attempt to make islam appear as an extreme religion, but islam is not like that. I am not a muslim but I understand that sometimes some news about muslims and islam tend to be blown out of proportion all in the bid to get maximum attention.
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by Nobody: 1:28am On Nov 30, 2007
PCMECOM . . . pls take your time to read that issue well. I think you've mixed things up.
The kids actually VOTED to name the bear after a member of the class named mohammed . . . even if the kids chose Gabriel i doubt if the poor teacher would have known the difference.
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by Glamourgal(f): 1:31am On Nov 30, 2007
they might as well punish the muslim kids, after all, they named the teddy!

poor woman!!
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by Nobody: 1:31am On Nov 30, 2007
pcmecom:

for goodness sake why is there so much fuss about this issue? someone named the teddy bear after the holy prophet! people should know when to draw the line and respect other religious views,if the muslim don't like people naming things after their prophets for God's sake people should respect that,religion should be about tolerance and understanding. This is another calculated attempt to make islam appear as an extreme religion, but islam is not like that. I am not a muslim but I understand that sometimes some news about muslims and islam tend to be blown out of proportion all in the bid to get maximum attention.

OK!!

For the last time. . The very last time. .

SHE DID NOT NAME THE TEDDY BEAR!!

AND commot for here with your "respect other people's religious views" argument. .
Why e be na only muslims dey draw sword when they feel their religion is disrespected.
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by Glamourgal(f): 1:36am On Nov 30, 2007
when spanish/mexicans name themselves jesus--and there are so many catholics there---you don't see any one making noise about it.

y nt leave allah to judge them if allah thinks they're not being respectful?

these ppl sef get so much time on their hands.

wot a religion!!
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by Glamourgal(f): 1:37am On Nov 30, 2007
there's a cartoon made about mohammed---wahala
them name ko ko ro teddy mohammed----wahala!
get a grip on urselves! jeez!
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by spoilt(f): 1:40am On Nov 30, 2007
why do people make a fuss over nothing?  grin
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by Nobody: 1:40am On Nov 30, 2007
Glamourgal:

there's a cartoon made about mohammed---wahala
them name ko ko ro tedd mohammed----wahala!
get a grip on urselves! jeez!

even this post wey you post here sef -----wahala  grin Just let the swords of allah's slaves reach u.

khai_khai:

AND commot for here with your "respect other people's religious views" argument. .
Why e be na only muslims dey draw sword when they feel their religion is disrespected.

I thot i was the only one disturbed by that "respect other people's religion" stunt. Its not rocket science, everyone knows that it is only used when the religion in question is islam. Where were the arguments for respecting religions when the davinci code was written and made into a movie?
What about respecting the hindus?
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by Glamourgal(f): 1:52am On Nov 30, 2007
i dey wait for allah himself not even his slaves.
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by Glamourgal(f): 1:53am On Nov 30, 2007
wot about respecting the atheists?? grin
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by spoilt(f): 1:54am On Nov 30, 2007
Glamourgal:

i dey wait for allah himself not even his slaves.

ha! these days even harmless statements can cost you your life! lipsrsealed
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by Nobody: 1:55am On Nov 30, 2007
what if i name my goat mo-mo?
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by spoilt(f): 1:58am On Nov 30, 2007
davidylan:

ROFLMBO

You don dey find trouble.
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by raginheart(f): 2:00am On Nov 30, 2007
davidylan:

The kids actually VOTED to name the bear after a member of the class named mohammed . . .

so whats the use of a teacher if she doesnt guid the children to the right thing

the kids voted to the name!!! for cryin out loud

what point r u tryin to make?
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by Glamourgal(f): 2:01am On Nov 30, 2007
well, they shd learn how not to take things personally.
same way we hv gay joke, nun jokes, blonde jokes---etc, muslim jokes should be allowed. y shd they be treated any different? RE:d cartoon, etc.

as for this teddy---kaii, if i liked the name mohammed, i for name one of my teddies since.
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by Nobody: 2:02am On Nov 30, 2007
raginheart:

so whats the use of a teacher if she doesnt guid the children to the right thing

is it wrong to name a teddy bear after me?  shocked shocked
The kids named the teddy bear after one of them bearing mohammed . . . what did you expect the teacher to do? Tell them no they can only name the teddy bear Sulaiman?
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by Glamourgal(f): 2:03am On Nov 30, 2007
raginheart:

excuse me!!
was she supposed to knw all d rules and regulations in the quaran?
free d woman
if she knew it was wrong, do u honestly think she would have gone ahead and agreed on the name?
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by Glamourgal(f): 2:04am On Nov 30, 2007
ye---
so, if u can name a child mohammed, y nt a cherished toy?
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by Nobody: 2:09am On Nov 30, 2007
davidylan:

david you and this your mouth
That was funny!
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by raginheart(f): 2:10am On Nov 30, 2007
thats the problem some things make no difference to some people these days

many things have been forgotton about respect and whats right or wrong(even in jokes )

if u want to name ur teddy after ur self thats ur choice

but the children were ment to be tought  respect and boundries

teacher didnt do her job as she should have , and its not her choice to decide what should be fed into the young minds from her point of view
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by Nobody: 2:12am On Nov 30, 2007
raginheart:

many things have been forgotton about respect and whats right or wrong(even in jokes )

if u want to name your teddy after your self thats your choice

but the children were ment to be tought respect and boundries

teacher didnt do her job as she should have , and its not her choice to decide what should be fed into the young minds from her point of view

who is this person?
can't you understand simple English?
The kids named the Toy after a classmate who happens to have the name Mohammed which is a prophet they are taught to respect.
Please get away from hia
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by Nobody: 2:13am On Nov 30, 2007
raginheart abi na mohamaduswife . . . all these talk about "respect". Please give me a break . . . why do we only talk about respect when it has to do with islam?
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by Glamourgal(f): 2:13am On Nov 30, 2007
wotever!!
islam always claiming right!!
plzzzz spare us!

dnt expect to agree with u.

they're wrong to punish her over something THAT silly.

their muslim parents obviously didnt do a good job. dnt expect the non-muslim woman to teach the kids d way of the quaran cos she obviously doesnt knw jack about it!

admit it, ur religion is twisted. u can say wot ever u like. d truth hurts.
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by raginheart(f): 2:14am On Nov 30, 2007
the childrem named the toy after a friend but they should understand that its a sacred name not a matter of playin

if u dont like me here u r welcome to leave
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by spoilt(f): 2:16am On Nov 30, 2007
dsun
raginheart:

if u want to name your teddy after your self thats your choice

but the children were ment to be tought  respect and boundries

teacher didnt do her job as she should have , and its not her choice to decide what should be fed into the young minds from / *iher poinat of view

what are you talking about? how did they disrespect the prophet? what boundaries are you talking about? some people strange as it sounds do not even know who mohammed is. it should not be an offence punishable by death. people are already calling for her head.
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by Nobody: 2:16am On Nov 30, 2007
@ raging hot is the name mohammed so sacred meanwhile mere mortals are allowed to have it?
If allah gave you a brain please use it!
go back and read from Mukina and MDsocks.
mukina adressed one specifically to you.
Do you have your hijab too tight?
what is your problem?
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by Glamourgal(f): 2:16am On Nov 30, 2007
ragin---religion aside, do u think they're right in punishing her?
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by raginheart(f): 2:16am On Nov 30, 2007
they didnt  punish her wrongly

and the parents did there job by refusing to have the teacher in the school

islam is not twisted , only the eyes look at it in a twisted way
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by Nobody: 2:17am On Nov 30, 2007
raginheart:

the childrem named the toy after a friend but they should understand that its a sacred name not a matter of playin

if u don't like me here you're welcome to leave

7yr olds should "understand" the difference between Mohamad and Sule?
Re: Teacher Arrested In Sudan Over A Bear Named Muhammad. by Glamourgal(f): 2:19am On Nov 30, 2007
ragin:did they refuse the teacher in the skl b4 or after this wahala?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22)

Emmanuel Omale Predicts Death Of Actress In 2016 / How Christianity Was Used To Brainwash Africans Into Submission / Does GOD permit a woman to divorce an adulterous husband?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.