Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,898 members, 7,817,659 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:30 PM

Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas - Travel (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas (434955 Views)

More Reasons Why Visa Applications Are Refused / Why Nigerians Are Refused US Visas / If You Are Refused A Canadian Visa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (62) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Stunner1(f): 2:04pm On Nov 06, 2012
cryI was denied a US visa today @ the consulate in abuja cry,I told d lady @ window 8 dat ve bn wit my present company for 5months and she wasn't impressed!!! I nid to knw if its a must dat I sponsor myself cos my contact in d US already stated it in d invitation letter which window 8 lady ddnt bother looking at. Pls I nid advice cos m plannin to re-apply at the end of the month and will 500k statement of account impress dem?? I nid answers plzzzzz
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by dotcomnamename: 2:10pm On Nov 06, 2012
#1-stunner:
cryI was denied a US visa today @ the consulate in abuja cry,I told d lady @ window 8 dat ve bn wit my present company for 5months and she wasn't impressed!!! I nid to knw if its a must dat I sponsor myself cos my contact in d US already stated it in d invitation letter which window 8 lady ddnt bother looking at. Pls I nid advice cos m plannin to re-apply at the end of the month and will 500k statement of account impress dem?? I nid answers plzzzzz

You joined ur company just 5 months and u're expecting the consular to be convinced with this? I guess u're joking... Oya, Justwise & Vicjustice, contribute.. grin
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Stunner1(f): 2:16pm On Nov 06, 2012
smiley
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by dotcomnamename: 3:41pm On Nov 06, 2012
#1-stunner:
Is 5months such a short time to ve worked n earned enough money??

Yes even if am the officer i will not issue u a visa. You're employed within 5 months and you're expecting me to issue you a visa to my country when your job is not even guarantee... If at all your job is permanent i would expect you to have work for at least a year and maybe consider other family ties..
Are you married or Single? Do u have any property? That 5 month alone is enough for the consular to get u denied...

I'm not perfect, but thats what i think...
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Stunner1(f): 4:05pm On Nov 06, 2012
cheesy
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by dotcomnamename: 4:52pm On Nov 06, 2012
#1-stunner:
Na wa ohhh had it been I lied shey it wld ve bn beta buh I normally dnt lie because I don work for 5months no mean say I go run naa besides itz a new job nuh like I wasn't workin b4.. Plss wats ur advice?? I plan to re-apply in december

You forgot that they dont reason the way we reason? grin
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Vicjustice: 5:09pm On Nov 06, 2012
#1-stunner:
In the west, you need to be in an employment for at least one year before you'd be fully covered by the protection policy: this entitles you to be fully protected by labour law and it immunes you against redundancy except on the ground of gross misconduct. So, in the eyes of a western visa officer, your 5 months employment would mean that you are a probational worker who could be fired at any time.
Besides, you have not earned enough paid holiday credit for which you deserve to travel abroad: it is calculated that every 6 months that you work with your company, you earn a 2 weeks paid holiday period.
And finally, you need to be able to sponsor yourself, and the N500K that you claim to have in your account is way too insufficient.

#1-stunner:
Is 5months such a short time to ve worked n earned enough money??
#1-stunner:
Na wa ohhh had it been I lied shey it wld ve bn beta buh I normally dnt lie because I don work for 5months no mean say I go run naa besides itz a new job nuh like I wasn't workin b4.. Plss wats ur advice?? I plan to re-apply in december
It would be unwise to try to deceive them, the US embassy would get you banned from entering the USA for life

1 Like

Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by dotcomnamename: 6:52pm On Nov 06, 2012
Pls read what Vicjustice wrote there carefuly. Those are the facts !
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Stunner1(f): 10:14pm On Nov 06, 2012
angrySo I should wait till next year before I re-apply
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by dotcomnamename: 10:57pm On Nov 06, 2012
#1-stunner:
angrySo I should wait till next year before I re-apply

I think so.. wink
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Stunner1(f): 12:40am On Nov 07, 2012
Buh a frnd asked me to try again in december as dey ddnt stamp rejected on my passport
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Vicjustice: 8:26am On Nov 07, 2012
#1-stunner:
Buh a frnd asked me to try again in december as dey ddnt stamp rejected on my passport
Go ahead
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Stunner1(f): 12:36pm On Nov 07, 2012
@vicjustice pls I nid ur advice on re-applying in december with my statement of account n a letter from my employer!!! Do u tynk I should cs I no undastand dz go ahead answa wey u gimme ohhh itz too str8
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by dotcomnamename: 3:56pm On Nov 08, 2012
Anthonymighty: hello guys, first of all i know this is not a thread for FRANCE visa but i have searched for such thread and didnt see, the only one i saw was about welfare in france and didnt contain alot of posts. Here is my question.

I was recently denied visa to go to france on tourism purpose. Yesterday when i went to pickup my passport at VFS i was given a white paper where they marked 3 different reasons why i was denied but i am still confused because i submitted all authentic and necessary docs. Here are the reasons they gave me so one of you can please explain to me what it means and what i have to do to correct these mistakes because i am planning to re-apply next week.

REASONS ARE AS FOLLOW:

1) You have not provided proof of sufficient means of subsistence, for the duration of the intended stay or for the return of the country of origin or residence, or for the transit to a third country into which you are certain to be admitted, or you are not in a position to acquire such means lawfully. (dont know what this means. meanwhile i have a kenya tourist visa on my passport valid for 3 months but i have not gone.)

2) the information submitted regarding the justification for the purpose and conditions of the intended stay was not reliable

3) your intention to leave the territory of the member state before the expiry of the visa could not be ascertained.

Those are the 3 reasons. i really want to work on this reasons but i need to be sure what i am doing this time so i dont get refused for the 2nd time. I await your response my good people. thanks

Anthonymighty, how much did you do your Medical Insurance for French Application? Have you any idea price of 7 days holiday medical insurance? Is the price the same with other designated insurance companies.. Anybody with the price idea for 7 days French Visa Aplication? Is there any other charges together with the price?

Thank you.
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Vicjustice: 8:49pm On Nov 08, 2012
Just out of interest, is there any reason that this thread is un-sticked?
I'm concerned because, a lot of people find it helpful as the article answers a lot of questions
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by dotcomnamename: 12:29am On Nov 09, 2012
Vicjustice: Just out of interest, is there any reason that this thread is un-sticked?
I'm concerned because, a lot of people find it helpful as the article answers a lot of questions

Exactly grin
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by rockar: 10:08am On Nov 09, 2012
Hi, i want to apply for a uk visa with my blood brother inviting me for xmas holiday and his bday next month.
But reading this thread has really gt me confused because as soon as i finished service last year, my dad gave me the '' power of attorney '' to his company which makes me the director( there is a legal documents backing this up) . He made me a signatory to all the companies account just like i am the owner. The problem now is that i always withdraw money from the companies account. I dont av a personal account.
Company always sponsor family trip, just like when my dad n mum went to visit my brother dis year, they used the company's account for application.
Now i wanna make the application with the company's account which i am a signatory to. Pls what are my chances? I have no actual salary, because i always use the company account for all my expenses.
Please advise.. Thanks
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Vicjustice: 11:32am On Nov 09, 2012
rockar: Hi, i want to apply for a uk visa with my blood brother inviting me for xmas holiday and his bday next month.
But reading this thread has really gt me confused because as soon as i finished service last year, my dad gave me the '' power of attorney '' to his company which makes me the director( there is a legal documents backing this up) . He made me a signatory to all the companies account just like i am the owner. The problem now is that i always withdraw money from the companies account. I dont av a personal account.
Company always sponsor family trip, just like when my dad n mum went to visit my brother dis year, they used the company's account for application.
Now i wanna make the application with the company's account which i am a signatory to. Pls what are my chances? I have no actual salary, because i always use the company account for all my expenses.
Please advise.. Thanks
The original article does not suggest that it is absolutely unacceptable to apply for a visa under the sponsorship of a company, it is only explaining that most company's accounts are unacceptable for visa application because, the money in them are strictly for official use only: especially if the company has board of directors or other bodies that make decisions on matters.
But there could be an exception with some few (sole director) companies if the director makes the account flexible to allows for the use of the money for his personal purpose.
If your parents travel abroad with the support of the company's bank account, it therefore means two things:
1) For a company's sponsorship to be acceptable, you would need to be applying for a training or a course, or a seminar etc that would be deemed profitable to your company in order to satisfy the visa officer of the purpose otherwise, it would be judged that the money in the company's account is not available for your use: unless your company is offering you a complimentary vacation under its care.

2) That visa officer is satisfied that the account is flexible and that the money was available for their use: and most importantly, there had might have been evidences of your parents using the fund for personal purpose prior to their visa applications.
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by rockar: 11:42am On Nov 09, 2012
Vicjustice:
Most company's accounts are unacceptable for visa application because, the money in them are strictly for official use only: especially if the company has board of directors or other bodies that make decisions on matters.
But there could be an exception with some few (sole director) companies if the director makes the account flexible to allows for the use of the money for his personal purpose.
If your parents travel abroad with the support of the company's bank account, it therefore means that the visa officer is satisfied that the account is flexible and that the money was available for their use: and most importantly, there had might have been evidences of your parents using the fund for personal purpose prior to their visa applications.

Thanks vic.
There is no board of directors. I run everything in the company now. And also the account have been used for my dad n mum's trip before. Im just being cautious, i dont have a personal account that i can submit. I just dont want my passport to have a rejection stain because its my first and i am planning to further my education in canada next year and i guess if im rejected in uk, it might have an effect on being issued Canada student visa.

Pls do u think i can make an application based on everything i have mentioned about my financial status and the purpose of visitation ?
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Vicjustice: 11:50am On Nov 09, 2012
rockar:

Thanks vic.
There is no board of directors. I run everything in the company now. And also the account have been used for my dad n mum's trip before. Im just being cautious, i dont have a personal account that i can submit. I just dont want my passport to have a rejection stain because its my first and i am planning to further my education in canada next year and i guess if im rejected in uk, it might have an effect on being issued Canada student visa.

Pls do u think i can make an application based on everything i have mentioned about my financial status and the purpose of visitation ?
I modified my previous post, you might want to look at it again and replace the quote.
I will like to suggest that you apply for the visa as a vacation traveller sponsored by the company as a treat, by this measure, i don't see why you won't be granted a visa.
But since you don't have your own independent account, if you chose to apply using the company's account, though you have a fair (not very good) chance, but don't be surprised if the visa officer finds reasons to refuse you on the basis of travelling to the UK using your father's company's account (even though you are in charge): how would you convince the visa officer that you are not going to the UK as a prodigal son, or to turn prodigal whilst in the UK?

1 Like

Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by rockar: 12:04pm On Nov 09, 2012
Vicjustice:
I modified my previous post, you might want to look at it again and replace the quote.
I will like to suggest that you apply for the visa as a vacation traveller sponsored by the company as a treat, by this measure, i don't see why you won't be granted a visa.
But since you don't have your own independent account, if you chose to apply using the company's account, though you have a fair (not very good) chance, but don't be surprised if the visa officer finds reasons to refused you on the basis of travelling to the UK using your father's company's account (even though you are in charge): how would you convince the visa officer that you are not going to the UK as a prodigal son, or to turn prodigal whilst in the UK?

Wow, dis is serious. But thanks vic. U have been of great help. I guess i need to have a deep thought and decide if im going to take the chances or not. God bless
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by rockar: 2:47pm On Nov 09, 2012
smiley
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by grock1(m): 3:10pm On Nov 10, 2012
Hi. I just wanna make enquiries. My sister is some months pregnant. She has a 2yrs visiting uk visa which will xpire In January. But she wanna apply again for visiting visa next month becos she is planning to go an have a baby in the uk. Is there a penalty for having a baby over there using visiting visa?
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by worry359(m): 3:54pm On Nov 10, 2012
g-rock:
Hi. I just wanna make enquiries. My sister is some months pregnant. She has a 2yrs visiting uk visa which will xpire In January. But she wanna apply again for visiting visa next month becos she is planning to go an have a baby in the uk. Is there a penalty for having a baby over there using visiting visa?

Going to UK to have baby on public funds is dishonest and illegal.
Will you stand up in church and say that your baby was born by you stealing funds from a country where you have no rights.
Also there is no immigration status for the baby and mother may well get ban.
This is an illegal action which reflects on honest Nigerian visa applicants. No person should give advice!!!!
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Vicjustice: 4:21pm On Nov 10, 2012
g-rock:
Click on the link below and read before she makes any mistake that she might regret for life:
https://www.nairaland.com/1050974/warning-pregnant-women-travelling-abroad
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Nobody: 5:34pm On Nov 10, 2012
Expert's in the house,great job
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Vicjustice: 6:33pm On Nov 10, 2012
I Hate 9ja: Expert's in the house,Pls can i be refused a visa in the nearest future that my name format on my certificate are babalola victor olalekan,while on my passport i av the format as babalola olalekan victor.though babalola is my surname.pls how much does it cost to get a re-issued passport @ abuja.pls wat are my chances here.
The format doesn't matter, what matters is the consistencies of the Give/First Name, Middle Name and Last/Sur Name.
But if you mean inconsistencies whereby the Middle Name becomes Last/Sur Name or Give/First Name replaces Middle Name, there that would been seen as identical crises which is a serious issue
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Nobody: 7:14pm On Nov 10, 2012
Vicjustice:
The format doesn't matter, what matters is the consistencies of the Give/First Name, Middle Name and Last/Sur Name.
But if you mean inconsistencies whereby the Middle Name becomes Last/Sur Name or Give/First Name replaces Middle Name, there that would been seen as identical crises which is a serious issue
thank's for the reply.pls how much does it cost to get a passport re-issued @ abuja
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Nobody: 7:17pm On Nov 10, 2012
Vicjustice:
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by austanio: 9:07pm On Nov 11, 2012
@vicjustice. Please i would be appearing for an interview in the Finnish embassy soon for a short stay single entry visa,and i want to know if my masters admission letter could be considered as a tie to my motherland Nigeria.
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Nobody: 11:05am On Nov 12, 2012
All member's of the house and Vicjustice.irrespective of my lost E-passport with my finger print & detail's in their database.pls can i get a fresh passport.
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Vicjustice: 11:41am On Nov 12, 2012
I Hate 9ja: All member's of the house and Vicjustice.irrespective of my lost E-passport with my finger print & detail's in their database.pls can i get a fresh passport.
Could you clarify this?

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (62) (Reply)

Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? / Travelling To Canada / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.