Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,425 members, 7,819,544 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:50 PM

Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas - Travel (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas (435083 Views)

More Reasons Why Visa Applications Are Refused / Why Nigerians Are Refused US Visas / If You Are Refused A Canadian Visa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (62) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Nobody: 1:25pm On Nov 12, 2012
Vicjustice:
Could you clarify this?

all i mean,is that can i get a new passport with the name format i want to be on it @ abuja.coz the lost E-passpost wld expire dis 13th december.In short can i process a new passport without my finger print being dectected due to the formal lost passport in their database in immigration office @ abuja
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Vicjustice: 4:11pm On Nov 12, 2012
I Hate 9ja:

all i mean,is that can i get a new passport with the name format i want to be on it @ abuja.coz the lost E-passpost wld expire dis 13th december.In short can i process a new passport without my finger print being dectected due to the formal lost passport in their database in immigration office @ abuja
I don't think you can obtain a new passport without your finger-prints, so, i expect you can't avoid detection.
Well, i'll advice you to (first) go to an Immigration Office in your area and hear them before considering making a long trip to Abuja

1 Like

Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Nobody: 4:19pm On Nov 12, 2012
Vicjustice:
I don't think you can obtain a new passport without your finger-prints, so, i expect you can't avoid detection.
Well, i'll advice you to (first) go to an Immigration Office in your area and hear them before considering making a long trip to Abuja

okay,thank u
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Nobody: 6:05pm On Nov 14, 2012
Honestly its simple.

America only allows a certain amout of people from each region "in" regardless.

Its all about the "status quo". They even admit ppl from countries they consider enemies to appear to be this utopia and "rainbow nation of all nations" blah blah.

Nigerian stereotypes may make up some of the reasons why Nigerians are denied in such high numbers, sure. And as someone else said, they know its because many nigerians if admitted would then turn and try to bring more from back home to join them. America does not want that.

Thats soo true, in fact Look at how bad they've gotten on mexicans despite sharing the same border and despite the fact that mexicans contribute the economy and depite the fact that they help build the nation (literally!). Mexicans are family oriented and nationalistic people so they believe in helping their kind achieve the "american dream" even if it means smuggling them in lol.

Americans still believe america to be a white nation - a mini europe away from europe tongue so they want to limit the amount of colored folks that enter.

And even if you do qualify, you will have to shell out hundreds or thousands of dollars (depending on where you are from) JUST to become nationalized!

Lol they know what,they are doing. But i dare someone to please check the amount of europeans (anglos/germanic especially) they accept each year..

i promise you will see a huge difference....in fact i guarantee it. wink
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Anthonymighty(m): 10:27am On Nov 15, 2012
True talk bro. Absolutely true. thats why i keep saying: Racism is still alive" they're only concealing it.

*Kails*:
Honestly its simple.

Its all about the "status quo". They even admit ppl from countries they consider enemies to appear to be this utopia and "rainbow nation of all nations" blah blah.

Nigerian stereotypes may make up some of the reasons why Nigerians are denied in such high numbers, sure. And as someone else said, they know its because many nigerians if admitted would then turn and try to bring more from back home to join them. America does not want that.

Thats soo true, in fact Look at how bad they've gotten on mexicans despite sharing the same border and despite the fact that mexicans contribute the economy and depite the fact that they help build the nation (literally!). Mexicans are family oriented and nationalistic people so they believe in helping their kind achieve the "american dream" even if it means smuggling them in lol.

Americans still believe america to be a white nation - a mini europe away from europe tongue so they want to limit the amount of colored folks that enter.

And even if you do qualify, you will have to shell out hundreds or thousands of dollars (depending on where you are from) JUST to become nationalized!

Lol they know what,they are doing. But i dare someone to please check the amount of europeans (anglos/germanic especially) they accept each year..

Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by justwise(m): 11:20am On Nov 15, 2012
*Kails*:
Honestly its simple.

I have read and listen to people make cases against America and i do see where they are coming from but your point here does not hold water, how do you mean by..Americans does not want Nigerians to bring in more black if given a visa? The same America that allows thousands of Nigeria every year to move to America to live and work through visa lottery?
The reason why Nigerians are having a tough time getting a visa is simple....Our Reputation Follows Us Everywhere!! even South Africa, an African country treats us as suspects.

I laugh when i hear Nigerian complaining about other countries treating us badly, click on any thread here discussing about crime and see the level of hatred some people have for other Nigerian tribes.

If you don't want to visit America fine, stay back, keep your money, America will not take you to court for not applying.

1 Like

Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Vicjustice: 2:16pm On Nov 15, 2012
*Kails*:
Honestly its simple.

Though, it is your entitled opinion, but i beg to differ that it doesn't make much of a sense to me.
You can not compare Europeans who travel to the US with Nigerians (Africans) who travel to the US: Europeans do not need visa to travel to the States and they do return home after their visit; and unlike Nigerians, no normal European would go to the states and become illegal resident there... It is also important to know that there are as many American seeking naturalisation in Europe as much as Europeans seeking naturalisation in America; but how many Americans are seeking naturalisation in Nigeria/Africa?
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by peter2010(m): 4:39pm On Nov 15, 2012
Urgent response needed plz!!!
Hello Vicjustice, justwise and other immigration experts in the house, i really appreciate your good work in here. May God continue to give u more wisdom to put people at the right track.
My purpose of writing is to let you know that I've just been refused a UK visa with their usual and flimsy excuses. I was refused based on my financial and circumstances in Nigeria. I attached all the necessary documents to show my financial status which include payslips from work, a bank statement that shows the salary payment from my employer, tax clearance, CSCS account. I dont lodge any large sum of money in my account apart from just my monthly salary payment directly from my employer. For clearer view, i have attached a copy of the refusal letter with this mail.
Please i will like to do administrative review because i dont see any genuine reason why i shud be refused. Please can the experts in the house tell me how to go abt this asap. Thanks alot.

Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Vicjustice: 8:12pm On Nov 15, 2012
peter2010: Urgent response needed plz!!!
Hello Vicjustice, justwise and other immigration experts in the house, i really appreciate your good work in here. May God continue to give u more wisdom to put people at the right track.
My purpose of writing is to let you know that I've just been refused a UK visa with their usual and flimsy excuses. I was refused based on my financial and circumstances in Nigeria. I attached all the necessary documents to show my financial status which include payslips from work, a bank statement that shows the salary payment from my employer, tax clearance, CSCS account. I dont lodge any large sum of money in my account apart from just my monthly salary payment directly from my employer. For clearer view, i have attached a copy of the refusal letter with this mail.
Please i will like to do administrative review because i dont see any genuine reason why i shud be refused. Please can the experts in the house tell me how to go abt this asap. Thanks alot.
You explained that you presented your bank statement which shows your monthly income, but that wasn't what the ECO explained in the refusal notice, he said "you (your bank statement) have failed to provide adequate evidence of your stated income", so, who is correct then?
With a monthly salary of N210.000k, I don't see any other reason for the refusal except for the proof of income.
Now, a review could take a long time to come through, so i'd suggest a reapplication: and you can explain your situation in the provided space for "additional information", and if the space in not enough, you are allowed to use extra sheet: it would be reasonable for you to request for an interview, there is a high chance that it would be granted
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by peter2010(m): 8:20pm On Nov 15, 2012
@vicjustice,
my monthly salary is the only source of income entering into my bank account and i provided every documents to show all the stated income ranging from my cscs act to my landed property. I believe this was an error on the path of the ECO. How do i go about the administrative review plz? I need urgent reply plzzzzzzz
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Noswaa: 2:48am On Nov 16, 2012
pls vicjustice and justwise,i really need your attention here,i applied for Canada study permit earlier this year and i was refused,i am married with one kid and i presented all the necessary documents only that my employer and he is also my cousin is my sponsor and he used company account and my personal account,the reason for the denial was that i have no fund to cover the cost of my study without working in Canada and that i will not return to Nigeria after my studies,i secured admission to study bsc in economics to start from 3rd year,because i have bsc in education economics and i work as marketing executive.i submitted my company sponsorship letter,affidavit of sponsorship,company documents and statement of account,then i submitted all my credentials,good gpa,pay slip,statement of account as co sponsor with my husband,marriage cert,birth cert,nysc cert,award letters etc.Now i want to reapply and my husband will be my sponsor,he is a Doctor but he is not practicing in Nigeria,and i wish to change my course to any business course on pgd level,the course will be for 1 year program and my husband statement of account will be above 4million by the time i will reapply but it may not exceed 5 million,pls tell me the exact thing you think we should present to the embassy because i think we may have almost all of them now,thank you
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Vicjustice: 9:41am On Nov 18, 2012
Noswaa: pls vicjustice and justwise,i really need your attention here,i applied for Canada study permit earlier this year and i was refused,i am married with one kid and i presented all the necessary documents only that my employer and he is also my cousin is my sponsor and he used company account and my personal account,the reason for the denial was that i have no fund to cover the cost of my study without working in Canada and that i will not return to Nigeria after my studies,i secured admission to study bsc in economics to start from 3rd year,because i have bsc in education economics and i work as marketing executive.i submitted my company sponsorship letter,affidavit of sponsorship,company documents and statement of account,then i submitted all my credentials,good gpa,pay slip,statement of account as co sponsor with my husband,marriage cert,birth cert,nysc cert,award letters etc.Now i want to reapply and my husband will be my sponsor,he is a Doctor but he is not practicing in Nigeria,and i wish to change my course to any business course on pgd level,the course will be for 1 year program and my husband statement of account will be above 4million by the time i will reapply but it may not exceed 5 million, pls tell me the exact thing you think we should present to the embassy because i think we may have almost all of them now,thank you
I regret to say that I do not fancy making list of documents to every visa applicant... this info had been given over and over and over again, and besides, the lists are available in embassy's website.
You were obviously refused the visa because the person and the sector that you used as sponsors are not appropriate to be be considered liable for your responsibility. But with your husband (as your sponsor this time) you stand a better chance unless the visa officer judges that your studies might have great impact on your husband's finance.
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Nobody: 2:04pm On Nov 21, 2012
[/b][b]
Another reason why ppl get refused is applying for the wrong visa.
A friend of mine just got US immigrant visa on Monday last week and the processing took 10 months.
Previously, she had applied to US visa 5 times and was refused.
4 was on visit, one was on study.

The husband was a US citizen by birth but currently working and based in Naija.He travels to US at will.
But each time the wife applies, they tell her no home ties.
She left the embassy at Lag and went to Abuja to apply. Same thing.
When she wanted to put to bed, she applied, same reason was given for rejection.
After she put to bed, she applied and was still given no home ties reason.
She got admission and applied same reason.
It was during one of the interviews dt the VO told her to apply for immigrant visa , that since the husband is a citizen, even if she applies for one million times, they wont give her visa if she did not apply for immigrant visa.
The VO now gave her the list of requirements for immigrant visa.
They set about the application. Registered their son in a sch in US,got the husbands tax clearance (he has been paying all these years) and everyother. The embassy maintained a mail communication, then visa interview, then visa. Am so happy for her, she will be leaving soon.

I have another friend who similarly has been refused visit for more than 5 times in a row. Her husband isnt a citizen, but she says he has a legal stay.
How will she know if she is under a ban?
Having seen this other testimony, i advised her to apply for other types of visa,studies come more handy.[b]
A friend of mine just got US immigrant visa on Monday last week and the processing took 10 months.

The husband was a US citizen by birth but currently working and based in Naija.He travels to US at will.
When she wanted to put to bed, she applied, same reason was given for rejection.
It was during one of the interviews dt the VO told her to apply for immigrant visa , that since the husband is a citizen, even if she applies for one million times, they wont give her visa if she did not apply for immigrant visa.
They set about the application. Registered their son in a sch in US,got the husbands tax clearance (he has been paying all these years) and everyother. The embassy maintained a mail communication, then visa interview, then visa. Am so happy for her, she will be leaving soon.

I have another friend who similarly has been refused visit for more than 5 times in a row. Her husband isnt a citizen, but she says he has a legal stay.
Having seen this other testimony, i advised her to apply for other types of visa,studies come more handy.[/b]

Having seen this other testimony, i advised her to apply for other types of visa, study if possible. I need to know her status so that we can put heads together.
Its only US embassy that knows what they have in their database concerning her.
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Vicjustice: 2:26pm On Nov 21, 2012
hasszan: Hello Oga Vicjustice & Justwise
Great work here boss. well done.
Still waiting for you to attend to dis my small issue.
I am a business owner, and was refused entry clearance thus:

You state you re self employed as a ... for...since....and that u have a current monthly income of 190k from all sources. i am not satisfied that you have provided adequate evidence to substantiate this claim. though you have shown evidence of your employment, u have failed to show evidence of your income generated frm this business, e.g. income tax clearance for yourself and your company, etc, in support of the applicatn. In absense of such documents, i am not satisfied that your circumstances are as claimed....

I provided my company accounts, though my company was initially a sole proprietorship and was only incorporated as a limited liability abt 4 months ago. I didnt include any tax clearance cert, but i included tax payments receipts for myself, which, under d sole proprietorship structure, is also 4 d company. I failed to include payments receipts, no payslips(I am the oga, so i pay myself anyhow grin)etc, and did not explain how the company makes money. I have now obtained my company (the LTD) tax clearance, but this shows NIL earnings/Tax payments, cos d company is less than 6mths as a LTD, hence tax payments do not apply.

I want to reapply now, and will explain how the company makes money, and also attach all necessary evidence of payment from our clients, and all other sources. However, my state inland rev folks say i have to pay abt 170k for my personal income tax clearance cert. Can i reapply without this, if i properly include all other things? Cos i feel all they want is evidence of how the money comes in?
Thanks man!
It is not only how the money comes in that they want to see, but rather also, (as a self employed owner of the company), the Visa Officer will be interested to see how genuine both you and the company are: and to prove your legitimacy, you must have up-to-date tax records otherwise, you would be considered as a business man in corruption.
I like to recommend that you apply for the visa in due time when you have the revenue paperworks.
If you have proper documentations and you have good taxes records, i see no reason why you'd be refused a visa.
PAY YOUR TAXES smiley
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by yasuleiman(m): 11:23am On Nov 22, 2012
Vicjustice:
PAY YOUR TAXES smiley
Goodmorning Vicjustice, on this tax issue. In Oyo state, new companies under the prevailing law and regulations guiding payment of income tax are not mandatory to pay income tax until after the first 3years of commencement. As a self-employed. What other tax payments do i stil need to proof. Though, i have being refused U.K visa twice. Thanks
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by yasuleiman(m): 11:25am On Nov 22, 2012
Vicjustice:
It is not only how the money comes in that they want to see, but rather also, (as a self employed owner of the company), the Visa Officer will be interested to see how genuine both you and the company are: and to prove your legitimacy, you must have up-to-date tax records otherwise, you would be considered as a business man in corruption.
I like to recommend that you apply for the visa in due time when you have the revenue paperworks.
If you have proper documentations and you have good taxes records, i see no reason why you'd be refused a visa.
PAY YOUR TAXES smiley
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Vicjustice: 1:25pm On Nov 22, 2012
hasszan:

Hmmmm...so as soon as i can get my personal tax clearance i can then go ahead and apply? I already have dat of my company, but it shows nil payments/tax as explained before. Also, wouldnt it seem as if the tax clearance was obtained solely for the purpose of the application? As the dates will indicate this too.
"I like to recommend that you apply for the visa in due time when you have the revenue paperworks".
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Vicjustice: 1:31pm On Nov 22, 2012
yasuleiman:
Goodmorning Vicjustice, on this tax issue. In Oyo state, new companies under the prevailing law and regulations guiding payment of income tax are not mandatory to pay income tax until after the first 3years of commencement. As a self-employed. What other tax payments do i stil need to proof. Though, i have being refused U.K visa twice. Thanks
Why are you looking for a short cut over something that take process?
If it is not mandatory for the company to pay taxes because it is new, wouldn't the company be demed ineligible to be used for visa application.
Why not let the company go through the normal regulation before applying for the visa?
Well, this is a Nigerian revenue matter, I'm not an expert in it
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by justwise(m): 2:56pm On Nov 22, 2012
yasuleiman:

That matters a lot.You need to state why you were refused a visa on those two occasions
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by yasuleiman(m): 4:57pm On Nov 22, 2012
Vicjustice: Why are you looking for a short cut over something that take process?
If it is not mandatory for the company to pay taxes because it is new, wouldn't the company be demed ineligible to be used for visa application.
Why not let the company go through the normal regulation before applying for the visa?
Well, this is a Nigerian revenue matter, I'm not an expert in it
Thanks for the reply. I have colleagues and friends that have done same and given approval. I have accepted faith. By december, will apply again when am less busy. Maybe 'cos i applied with my wive and kid, but this time around, will apply 'solo'. Wil send you the reasons for my refusals when i get back to ibadan this weekend.
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by yasuleiman(m): 5:21pm On Nov 22, 2012
justwise: [/b]

That matters a lot.You need to state why you were refused a visa on those two occasions
Thanks, Mr.Justwise. If you can remember, i presented my case to you on the U.K visa and appeal thread, i even sent you the result of my administrative review. If you dont mind, will state the two reasons i was refused, so you can give an honest and objective view and also proffer solution on how to go about it. I intend to re-apply by december.
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by justwise(m): 9:57am On Nov 23, 2012
yasuleiman:
Thanks, Mr.Justwise. If you can remember, i presented my case to you on the U.K visa and appeal thread, i even sent you the result of my administrative review. If you dont mind, will state the two reasons i was refused, so you can give an honest and objective view and also proffer solution on how to go about it. I intend to re-apply by december.

Does your bank statement show the source of your income now? Can you provide paper evidences of your earnings?
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by yasuleiman(m): 10:21am On Nov 23, 2012
justwise:

Does your bank statement show the source of your income now? Can you provide paper evidences of your earnings?
Goodmorning, i use my current account for my transactions. Customers mostly pay cash, while those that in large quantities use the bank. Most times when i order for goods i use internet banking. Also, our family estate agent remit money accruing from properties willed to us by our late father.
On paper evidences on earnings, i only have invoice booklets, a copy of will.
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by yasuleiman(m): 4:05pm On Nov 24, 2012
yasuleiman:
Goodmorning, i use my current account for my transactions. Customers mostly pay cash, while those that in large quantities use the bank. Most times when i order for goods i use internet banking. Also, our family estate agent remit money accruing from properties willed to us by our late father.
@Mr.JUSTWISE...
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by justwise(m): 5:48pm On Nov 24, 2012
yasuleiman:

You need to submit all that and use the blank space in application form to explain more about any money paid into your bank account that has no paper evidence to show the source of the money
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by yasuleiman(m): 6:01pm On Nov 24, 2012
justwise: [/b]

You need to submit all that and use the blank space in application form to explain more about any money paid into your bank account that has no paper evidence to show the source of the money
Thanks a lot. Will let you know how it goes when i re-apply in december.
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Sulevee: 7:02am On Nov 25, 2012
Please, can any body advice me. In 2009 I meet an agent who told me he was an agent to the UK embassy and then I had 1.5million naira and the school I applied to in uk splitted the school fees to four installment. Now the money I had was not enough for me to apply for student visa and I don't have a good bank statement . When I meet the agent he told me his brother works in the bank and that he can open an account for me and fund the account and use the bank statement for my visa application he even said I should add the 1.5m that I had to the account but I refused since he was funding the account. He asked me to pay him 300k for the him to apply for me. He asked for my admission letter, my CAS and all my certificates which I gave him. I paid him 200k and balance will be paid when the visa was out. He called me from Lagos asking me some questions about myself and my company. I told him everything about myself and he also told me he need to register a company for me.He did everything and called me from the Uk application center that I should come and sign the application form and submit. When I came to visa application center in Abuja, I signed the form and he told me to hurry up and submit which I did. After some week I went to collect my passport and I was refused on section 320 (7a) that I submitted forgedbank statement, fudged certificate of incorporation and and fudged tax clearance. I called him and he told me he has a lawyer who can write to the embassy for me. It was then I knew I was in the web of 419. Because he was still asking for more money but didn't give him the money. Since then when ever I called him he always tell me he is in lagos. I then made up my mind that when I have my money I will apply again and submit the good document without me knowing tha implication of 320 (7a) until this year 2012. I now have my money and I also got the PTDF scholarship to study for my master program in UK. I applied and I was refused on section 320 (7b) that in 2009 I submitted forged documents. That if I applied again I will be refused till 2019. Please, I need a professional advice. My scholarship is still valid. How do I get out of this mess. What a world.
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by justwise(m): 8:04am On Nov 25, 2012
Sulevee: Please, can any body advice me. In 2009 I meet an agent who told me he was an agent to the UK embassy and then I had 1.5million naira and the school I applied to in uk splitted the school fees to four installment. Now the money I had was not enough for me to apply for student visa and I don't have a good bank statement . When I meet the agent he told me his brother works in the bank and that he can open an account for me and fund the account and use the bank statement for my visa application he even said I should add the 1.5m that I had to the account but I refused since he was funding the account. He asked me to pay him 300k for the him to apply for me. He asked for my admission letter, my CAS and all my certificates which I gave him. I paid him 200k and balance will be paid when the visa was out. He called me from Lagos asking me some questions about myself and my company. I told him everything about myself and he also told me he need to register a company for me.He did everything and called me from the Uk application center that I should come and sign the application form and submit. When I came to visa application center in Abuja, I signed the form and he told me to hurry up and submit which I did. After some week I went to collect my passport and I was refused on section 320 (7a) that I submitted fudged bank statement, fudged certificate of incorporation and and fudged tax clearance. I called him and he told me he has a lawyer who can write to the embassy for me. It was then I knew I was in the web of 419. Because he was still asking for more money but didn't give him the money. Since then when ever I called him he always tell me he is in lagos. I then made up my mind that when I have my money I will apply again and submit the good document without me knowing tha implication of 320 (7a) until this year 2012. I now have my money and I also got the PTDF scholarship to study for my master program in UK. I applied and I was refused on section 320 (7b) that in 2009 I submitted fudged documents. That if I applied again I will be refused till 2019. Please, I need a professional advice. My scholarship is still valid. How do I get out of this mess. What a world.

You are under 10yrs ban, forget about applying for any UK visa till 2019, serve your ban and learn from your mistake.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (62) (Reply)

Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? / Travelling To Canada / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 123
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.