Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,290 members, 7,811,867 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:44 PM

Why Even Bother With These Atheists? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Even Bother With These Atheists? (7107 Views)

Unbeliever Why Bother Be Good? / Where Are These ATHEISTS? / Reasons Why You Should Not Bother To Read The Quran! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Even Bother With These Atheists? by FXKing2012(m): 8:51am On Jul 04, 2012
Why do we even bother trying to convince these atheists that there is a God or a spirit realm when they make up only about 3% of world population. In social sciences, anything below 5% is considered insignificant, so why expend so much effort and energy arguing with them? They ask stupid questions thinking they are smart as if the 3% are wiser and smarter than the 97% who believe in a higher being or the spirit realm.
So, really, why do we even care?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_atheism

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atheism

2 Likes

Re: Why Even Bother With These Atheists? by mazaje(m): 9:26am On Jul 04, 2012
FXKing2012: Why do we even bother trying to convince these atheists that there is a God or a spirit realm when they make up only about 3% of world population. In social sciences, anything below 5% is considered insignificant, so why expend so much effort and energy arguing with them? They ask stupid questions thinking they are smart as if the 3% are wiser and smarter than the 97% who believe in a higher being or the spirit realm.

God exist in the spirit realm abi?. . .When men were primitive and without any meaningful knowledge of the world around themthis same god was living with them, in fact they even tried to build a tower to reach him up in the sky. . .Now that men have scientific knowledge of the world around them the same god that was using his hands to write on walls or living inside an ark of covenant now ran away to the spiritual realm. . .I laugh in koine greek. . .

4 Likes

Re: Why Even Bother With These Atheists? by FXKing2012(m): 10:29am On Jul 04, 2012
Muskeeto, mazaje, logicmind, logicboy, etc etc, ever since you've been shouting on nairaland that there is no God or no spirit realm, have u convinced or converted a single individual? Cant u see your efforts are futile? Why not expend that time and energy into something more productive cos your rantings aint aint getting you no converts.

2 Likes

Re: Why Even Bother With These Atheists? by mazaje(m): 10:38am On Jul 04, 2012
FXKing2012: Muskeeto, mazaje, logicmind, logicboy, etc etc, ever since you've been shouting on nairaland that there is no God or no spirit realm, have u convinced or converted a single individual? Cant u see your efforts are futile? Why not expend that time and energy into something more productive cos your rantings aint aint getting you no converts.

I am not actually seeking converts here and YES some people have left christianity by coming here and reading about the exchanges. . .Some have written about it. . .I just come here to show Nigerians that it is very OK and normal to be an atheist. . .Because even the christians here do NOT know what they are talking about. . .
Re: Why Even Bother With These Atheists? by Nobody: 10:45am On Jul 04, 2012
FXKing2012: Muskeeto, mazaje, logicmind, logicboy, etc etc, ever since you've been shouting on nairaland that there is no God or no spirit realm, have u convinced or converted a single individual? Cant u see your efforts are futile? Why not expend that time and energy into something more productive cos your rantings aint aint getting you no converts.
Thanks for ignoring the question. I'm not an atheist by the way.
Give me some time. I'll update this post to quote some posts by people who have been positively affected by discussions/threads on nairaland. Some remained Christians. Others became atheists.
Re: Why Even Bother With These Atheists? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 10:55am On Jul 04, 2012
@OP, my word you have a point. Why is it imperative for Religious folks (especially Christians and Muslims) to see it as a duty-bound obligation to convert non-believers to their Religion. I thought each man was born alone, dies alone and faces judgement alone. Why do non-believers have to be continually preached to, provoked, manipulated, deceived, insulted, beaten and murdered for the sake of Religion.
If Atheists do not believe in God, why make it your evangelical mission to eradicate that belief system from their minds. Is God not capable of doing that in the blink of an eye? why does he need violent zealots to do his dirty work angry
Re: Why Even Bother With These Atheists? by FXKing2012(m): 10:59am On Jul 04, 2012
lagerwhenindoubt: @OP, my word you have a point. Why is it imperative for Religious folks (especially Christians and Muslims) to see it as a duty-bound obligation to convert non-believers to their Religion. I thought each man was born alone, dies alone and faces judgement alone. Why do non-believers have to be continually preached to, provoked, manipulated, deceived, insulted, beaten and murdered for the sake of Religion.
If Atheists do not believe in God, why make it your evangelical mission to eradicate that belief system from their minds. Is God not capable of doing that in the blink of an eye? why does he need violent zealots to do his dirty work angry

God gives you freewill to make your own decisions which is why u are responsible for your actions. We preach to unbelievers cos they are lost, in bondage and on their way to hell; we want to help them avoid hell becos it is a really terrible place to be.

2 Likes

Re: Why Even Bother With These Atheists? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 11:22am On Jul 04, 2012
FXKing2012:

God gives you freewill to make your own decisions which is why u are responsible for your actions. We preach to unbelievers cos they are lost, in bondage and on their way to hell; we want to help them avoid hell becos it is a really terrible place to be.

Now is that the God of the Jews or the Hebrew or Arabs. I sincerely doubt so, because the creator of this reality in all its sophistication and mystery does nto seem to me like the infantile piglet the Christians always preach of, the one who allowed millions of children to be killed in gas chambers because he had a greater plan for them besides sadistic torture and genocide. Who asked for your help? is it not when someone asks for help that you offer it. How do you know they are lost. Did the Christian Church not murder people for daring to read and interpret the Bible.. was GOD still in kindergarten then and was too immature to know any better? I can prove some aspects of this reality with scientific fact. I dare any Christian (all Christians on this Forum) to prove this reality on the basis of FAITH.. let us do a simple test, I can prove that a needle can float on water (similar to an AXE floating in a running stream of Christian lore) now please gather your collective FAITH and cause a cripple (with no legs) to grow one and stand up and walk.. if that is too hard, let us try something far simpler. cause the SUN to stand still. ( I am watching) or far simpler, cause a virgin to give birth without having sex.. oh I still have some more - Cure AIDS

2 Likes

Re: Why Even Bother With These Atheists? by thehomer: 11:26am On Jul 04, 2012
FXKing2012: Why do we even bother trying to convince these atheists that there is a God or a spirit realm when they make up only about 3% of world population. In social sciences, anything below 5% is considered insignificant, so why expend so much effort and energy arguing with them? They ask stupid questions thinking they are smart as if the 3% are wiser and smarter than the 97% who believe in a higher being or the spirit realm.

If you're a Christian, you're supposed to be trying to convince these atheists. Have you forgotten the great commission and the recommendation that you be ready to answer questions on your religion? They're right there in your Bible.
Whether or not someone is correct isn't decided by percentages you know and just so you know, the percentage of people who aren't Christians is more than the percentage of people who are.

1 Like

Re: Why Even Bother With These Atheists? by thehomer: 11:27am On Jul 04, 2012
FXKing2012:

Thank you very much. Why don't you pray to your God to abolish this hell? Is it not within his power?
Re: Why Even Bother With These Atheists? by Nobody: 12:08pm On Jul 04, 2012

You care because an atheist is a living, breathing, typing and talking reminder that your god is as powerless as all the other gods you call false. You care because unbelievers are the personification of your doubts. You care because your god is silent while being criticized instead of unleashing his biblical wrath.

You bother because atheism is the rejection of the ideology that forms the foundation of your beliefs. When faced with an unbeliever,you are forced to reckon with the idea that your god and religion where created to give life meaning and the rejection of those beliefs makes you confront the nihilism of existence.

Your god and religion are coping mechanisms for man to deal with an unfeeling, irresponsive universe that offers no answers to the question r "why are we here?". Since there is no objective purpose we can discern from our existence in this world, your transcendental god and the faith you have in him are what makes life worth living and lends value to your existence.
An atheist makes you concious of this but you're not willingly to confront that fear.

Believing in gods and religion are not bad practices, afterall we all have to find reasons to live despite the fact that our lives are insignificant and whatever we do won't stop the one true absolute; death. Your religion even tries to render death powerless but we all know that "eternal life" is an "eternal load of sh#t". We are exposed to this fact when we consider human existence and history.

We are born without our permission in places and to people not of our choosing. We are born into societies with rules and behaviours we are supposed to emulate and usually for most of us, these include religious beliefs. The random nature of our existence shows that natural processes do not follow "rational" trajectories and this irrationality is part of the motivation for the creation of the "supernatural".

A rejection of traditional beliefs in favor of looking at the world objectively as an individual will make you aware of the absurdity of our existence. Christianity represents your rejection of nihilism and an atheist is someone whose existence reminds you that nihilism is the true nature of the universe from what we can tell.

Think about it. Without using your religious or "spiritual" beliefs, can you say what the meaning of life is? Why do we exist?

Christianity's answer to these questions is, "to glorify God".....................I find it downright silly to believe that an omnipotent entity created you just so you can kiss his a$$.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Even Bother With These Atheists? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 12:15pm On Jul 04, 2012
Martian:
Christianity's answer to these questions is, "to glorify God".....................I find it downright silly to believe that an omnipotent entity created you just so you can kiss his a$$.

I Would grin grin grin Now Kneel before ZORD!!
Re: Why Even Bother With These Atheists? by Nobody: 12:34pm On Jul 04, 2012
lagerwhenindoubt:
I Would grin grin grin Now Kneel before ZORD!!

What a coincidence!!! I am Zord. Now kneel my child and pucker up. You can kiss my glorious and gorgeous A$$.
Re: Why Even Bother With These Atheists? by thehomer: 12:36pm On Jul 04, 2012
Martian:

What a coincidence!!! I am Zord. Now kneel my child and pucker up. You can kiss my glorious and gorgeous A$$.

ZORD, I am your father, ZORD Prime.
Re: Why Even Bother With These Atheists? by Nobody: 12:52pm On Jul 04, 2012
thehomer:
ZORD, I am your father, ZORD Prime.

Damn you heathen!!! I am the progeny of no one. I am a God!!!
Re: Why Even Bother With These Atheists? by FXKing2012(m): 1:39pm On Jul 04, 2012
Pls I did not open this thread for you to blaspheme against God Almighty. All I pray is may God forgive you cos u know not what you do.

1 Like

Re: Why Even Bother With These Atheists? by FXKing2012(m): 1:45pm On Jul 04, 2012
lagerwhenindoubt:

Now is that the God of the Jews or the Hebrew or Arabs. I sincerely doubt so, because the creator of this reality in all its sophistication and mystery does nto seem to me like the infantile piglet the Christians always preach of, the one who allowed millions of children to be killed in gas chambers because he had a greater plan for them besides sadistic torture and genocide. Who asked for your help? is it not when someone asks for help that you offer it. How do you know they are lost. Did the Christian Church not murder people for daring to read and interpret the Bible.. was GOD still in kindergarten then and was too immature to know any better? I can prove some aspects of this reality with scientific fact. I dare any Christian (all Christians on this Forum) to prove this reality on the basis of FAITH.. let us do a simple test, I can prove that a needle can float on water (similar to an AXE floating in a running stream of Christian lore) now please gather your collective FAITH and cause a cripple (with no legs) to grow one and stand up and walk.. if that is too hard, let us try something far simpler. cause the SUN to stand still. ( I am watching) or far simpler, cause a virgin to give birth without having sex.. oh I still have some more - Cure AIDS

@bolded, this is testing God. God is not to be tested; in fact, God does not have to prove anything to anybody, He is way bigger than that. This is the problem with most of you folks who believe God must appear to them and say "Yea I AM GOD" in order for them to believe and serve Him. If all humans shld turn away from God today it doesnt change a thing - He remains God. Your belief does not alter the truth.

1 Like

Re: Why Even Bother With These Atheists? by Nobody: 1:52pm On Jul 04, 2012
FXKing2012:

Trust me, no true Christian would turn away from the love of Jesus Christ.
And who is a true Christian by your definition?
Re: Why Even Bother With These Atheists? by FXKing2012(m): 1:53pm On Jul 04, 2012
thehomer:

Thank you very much. Why don't you pray to your God to abolish this hell? Is it not within his power?

This is the kind of dumb question all these atheist keep coming up with..."my people perish for the lack of knowledge".

1 Like

Re: Why Even Bother With These Atheists? by Nobody: 1:57pm On Jul 04, 2012
FXKing2012: Pls I did not open this thread for you to blaspheme against God Almighty. All I pray is may God forgive you cos u know not what you do.

I am God Almighty and I don't need forgiveness. Can you prove otherwise?
Re: Why Even Bother With These Atheists? by FXKing2012(m): 2:02pm On Jul 04, 2012
musKeeto:
And who is a true Christian by your definition?

Anyone who believes in his heart and confesses with his mouth that Jesus is Lord. Anyone who knows Jesus is the Son of God. Anyone the Holy Spirit ministers to. Anyone who has been touched by God. Anyone who has a relationship with Jesus. . .

1 Like

Re: Why Even Bother With These Atheists? by FXKing2012(m): 2:05pm On Jul 04, 2012
Martian:

I am God Almighty and I don't need forgiveness. Can you prove otherwise?

You sound like a cursed one. I still pray God forgives you but meanwhile depart from me you devil.
Re: Why Even Bother With These Atheists? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 2:08pm On Jul 04, 2012
FXKing2012: Pls I did not open this thread for you to blaspheme against God Almighty. All I pray is may God forgive you cos u know not what you do.

blas·phe·my/ˈblasfəmē/
Noun:
The act or offense of speaking sacrilegiously about God or sacred things; profane talk.

Okay my G. I can see that you are deeply (hypocritically) religious - I will leave you with one passing FACT. Throughout the Bible GOD was always revealing his nature, his character and his works in virtually every page. from Genesis to Revelation. What is happening these days, is he tired of showing off (smiting people here and there on the slightest whim)

He is the ALMIGHTY Creator and loves Children - only he cannot stop Boko-Haram and Fulani herdsmen from hacking sleeping kids to death. I have one word for him SHITFUCKER! angry and if he truly is ever-present and all seeing. I bet he is not angry at my blaspheming fingers because even he has admitted that his followers are the real problem not the non-believers grin what irony

I would rather pay due reverence to the GOD who is non-interventionists, does his job creating universes like it is going out of fashion and leave man to find his way since he gave us free-will and rich options in the 1st place. Sheeple like you can save your energies for the End-times when you will be pricked and poked with blazing hot fire-pokers and tortured in un-ending fashion (It is payback time for the non-believers) grin

Stay Coool - PEACE grin
Re: Why Even Bother With These Atheists? by Nobody: 2:09pm On Jul 04, 2012
FXKing2012:
You sound like a cursed one. I still pray God forgives you but meanwhile depart from me you devil.

I bind you with the blood of the Pristine Unicorn. May the blood of Vampires haunt you. I pray in the name of Shango that werewolves tear you apart limb from limb. Now, depart from me, you spawn of Satan!
Re: Why Even Bother With These Atheists? by Nobody: 2:18pm On Jul 04, 2012
FXKing2012:

Anyone who believes in his heart and confesses with his mouth that Jesus is Lord. Anyone who knows Jesus is the Son of God. Anyone the Holy Spirit ministers to. Anyone who has been touched by God. Anyone who has a relationship with Jesus. . .
You do realise therefore that the Bible doesn't agree with your stance that
FXKing2012:

Trust me, no true Christian would turn away from the love of Jesus Christ.

Hebrews 6

4 For it is impossible, in the case of those who have once been enlightened, who have tasted the heavenly gift, and have shared in the Holy Spirit, 5 and have tasted the goodness of the word of God and the powers of the age to come, 6 and then have fallen away, to restore them again to repentance, since they are crucifying once again the Son of God to their own harm and holding him up to contempt.
This directly contradicts your aforementioned statements. It's possible, and even the Bible affirms, for people to indeed have experienced what you refer to as a 'relationship with God' and still deny him...
Re: Why Even Bother With These Atheists? by Ishilove: 2:27pm On Jul 04, 2012
Martian:

You care because an atheist is a living, breathing, typing and talking reminder that your god is as powerless as all the other gods you call false. You care because unbelievers are the personification of your doubts. You care because your god is silent while being criticized instead of unleashing his biblical wrath.

You bother because atheism is the rejection of the ideology that forms the foundation of your beliefs. When faced with an unbeliever,you are forced to reckon with the idea that your god and religion where created to give life meaning and the rejection of those beliefs makes you confront the nihilism of existence.

Your god and religion are coping mechanisms for man to deal with an unfeeling, irresponsive universe that offers no answers to the question r "why are we here?". Since there is no objective purpose we can discern from our existence in this world, your transcendental god and the faith you have in him are what makes life worth living and lends value to your existence.
An atheist makes you concious of this but you're not willingly to confront that fear.

Believing in gods and religion are not bad practices, afterall we all have to find reasons to live despite the fact that our lives are insignificant and whatever we do won't stop the one true absolute; death. Your religion even tries to render death powerless but we all know that "eternal life" is an "eternal load of sh#t". We are exposed to this fact when we consider human existence and history.

We are born without our permission in places and to people not of our choosing. We are born into societies with rules and behaviours we are supposed to emulate and usually for most of us, these include religious beliefs. The random nature of existence shows that natural processes do not follow "rational" trajectories and this irrationality is part of the motivation in the creation of the "supernatural".

A rejection of traditional beliefs in favor of looking at the world objectively as an individual will make you aware of the absurdity of our existence. Christianity represents your rejection of nihilism and an atheist is someone whose existence reminds you that nihilism is the true nature of the universe from what we can tell.

Think about it. Without using your religious or "spiritual" beliefs, can you say what the meaning of life is? Why do we exist?

Ranting,as usual. May God have mercy on you because you don't know what you are saying
Re: Why Even Bother With These Atheists? by Nobody: 2:31pm On Jul 04, 2012
Ishilove:
Ranting,as usual. May God have mercy on you because you don't know what you are saying

Thanks for the compliment.
Re: Why Even Bother With These Atheists? by thehomer: 2:58pm On Jul 04, 2012
Martian:

Damn you heathen!!! I am the progeny of no one. I am a God!!!

What? Oh Okay I must have mistaken you for one of those other Gods out there. Carry on. cheesy
Re: Why Even Bother With These Atheists? by cyrexx: 2:59pm On Jul 04, 2012

have you forgotten that christianity was once less than 3 percent around 2000 years ago?

verily verily i say unto you that rational thinking and rejection of religious dogma will outgrow world religions before the next 2000 years as mankind develop and advance beyond superstitious beliefs.

can i get an amen.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

What Is The Acceptable Mourning Period For Christians? / The Problem With Moderate Atheists / Omega Power Ministry And The Use Of Coconut As Holy Communion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.