Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,374 members, 7,812,093 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:03 AM

Why Even Bother With These Atheists? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Even Bother With These Atheists? (7114 Views)

Unbeliever Why Bother Be Good? / Where Are These ATHEISTS? / Reasons Why You Should Not Bother To Read The Quran! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Even Bother With These Atheists? by Delafruita(m): 10:12pm On Jul 14, 2012
FXKing2012:

Truthfully, I'm kinda tired of hearing u rant about evidence without showing us any. Pls show me evidence of watever it is u believe sef.
already dealt with that on another thread.but for your benefit,i'd summarize
1.matthew claims jesus was born around 6BC while luke claims jesus was born around 6AD.thats almost 12 years gap between them.why the anomaly?
2.mathew says judas hanged himself while Acts says he fell and died.why the anomaly?
3.if peter is the author of 1peter,why is the letter been signed by silvanus?
4.why does mathew claim herod ordered the killing of all children and no other part of the bible or history records that?
5.why does mathew claim the capernaum centurion came to jesus himself while luke claims he sent elders but didnt go himself?
6.why doesnt mark account for the birth and growth of jesus?
why does mathew claim joseph fled to egypt with his family to escape herod while luke claims that the returned to nazareth immediately after he was born?
7.why does mathew claim joseph and jesus stayed away from jerusalem for 12 years while luke explicitly states that they visited jerusalem everyyear for the passover?
8.why does mattew claim that earthquakes occured after jesus crucifixion while such records dont exist anywhere even in the bible?
Re: Why Even Bother With These Atheists? by MrAnony1(m): 10:37pm On Jul 14, 2012
Delafruita:
1.matthew claims jesus was born around 6BC while luke claims jesus was born around 6AD.thats almost 12 years gap between them.why the anomaly?
2.mathew says judas hanged himself while Acts says he fell and died.why the anomaly?
4.why does mathew claim herod ordered the killing of all children and no other part of the bible or history records that?
5.why does mathew claim the capernaum centurion came to jesus himself while luke claims he sent elders but didnt go himself?
why does mathew claim joseph fled to egypt with his family to escape herod while luke claims that the returned to nazareth immediately after he was born?
7.why does mathew claim joseph and jesus stayed away from jerusalem for 12 years while luke explicitly states that they visited jerusalem everyyear for the passover?
8.why does mattew claim that earthquakes occured after jesus crucifixion while such records dont exist anywhere even in the bible?
Dude, you have come here again with this same unfounded message you have been touting all day on different threads. Well, I'll be your nemesis for today. Please provide absolute evidence to back up your claims. Besides, your theory still leaves much to be desired on this thread: https://www.nairaland.com/989692/why-there-many-inconsistencies-between/1
Re: Why Even Bother With These Atheists? by Delafruita(m): 10:47pm On Jul 14, 2012
Mr_Anony:
Dude, you have come here again with this same unfounded message you have been touting all day on different threads. Well, I'll be your nemesis for today. Please provide absolute evidence to back up your claims. Besides, your theory still leaves much to be desired on this thread: https://www.nairaland.com/989692/why-there-many-inconsistencies-between/1
this was meant for fxking2012.its you who keeps going in circles and is deliberately refusing to acknowledge the glaring anomaly in the accounts
Re: Why Even Bother With These Atheists? by Nobody: 12:26am On Jul 15, 2012
Delafruita:
this was meant for fxking2012.its you who keeps going in circles and is deliberately refusing to acknowledge the glaring anomaly in the accounts

forget that dude fx, he's worse off,
Re: Why Even Bother With These Atheists? by cyrexx: 5:14am On Jul 15, 2012
Delafruita:
just like dilluminati said, this guy will tire you out with circular reasoning, he will never acknowledge and "see" all your explanations and these contradictions but keep asking you the same questions you have answered many many times before.
You can see he declared himself as your nemesis. He believes God and the bible is always right, thus he is always right and he must justify that position by any means possible.
Re: Why Even Bother With These Atheists? by Delafruita(m): 2:48pm On Jul 15, 2012
cyrexx:
just like dilluminati said, this guy will tire you out with circular reasoning, he will never acknowledge and "see" all your explanations and these contradictions but keep asking you the same questions you have answered many many times before.
You can see he declared himself as your nemesis. He believes God and the bible is always right, thus he is always right and he must justify that position by any means possible.
lol
Re: Why Even Bother With These Atheists? by FXKing2012(m): 3:11pm On Jul 15, 2012
diluminati:

forget that dude fx, he's worse off,

My darling who is always full of questions but never wt an answer.
Re: Why Even Bother With These Atheists? by FXKing2012(m): 3:15pm On Jul 15, 2012
Delafruita:

This is laughable to say the least. You came up wt this list from God knows where and wtout any backing watsoever, isnt that funny. Pls show me the Bible verses that support your argument otherwise keep to your "ise ibile" and enlighten your followers on "baba alawo" rituals.

1 Like

Re: Why Even Bother With These Atheists? by FXKing2012(m): 3:18pm On Jul 15, 2012
cyrexx:

You know since I destroyed your belief disbelief in nothing called atheism, you've been very very silent (lol), I advice u stay that way though.
Re: Why Even Bother With These Atheists? by cyrexx: 4:02pm On Jul 15, 2012
FXKing2012:
You know since I destroyed your belief in nothing called atheism, you've been very very silent (lol), I advice u stay that way though.

Mumu, you destroyed nothing because i have no belief that you destroyed.
You only showed how great your ignorance is.
If you cannot see that your fake arguments is baseless and has been debunked, then your ignorance is not only great, it is probably incurable and hopelessly delusional.
Re: Why Even Bother With These Atheists? by Delafruita(m): 4:14pm On Jul 15, 2012
FXKing2012:

This is laughable to say the least. You came up wt this list from God knows where and wtout any backing watsoever, isnt that funny. Pls show me the Bible verses that support your argument otherwise keep to your "ise ibile" and enlighten your followers on "baba alawo" rituals.
oga,i cant start typing again.oya read
https://www.nairaland.com/989692/why-there-many-inconsistencies-between
Re: Why Even Bother With These Atheists? by FXKing2012(m): 9:26pm On Jul 15, 2012
Delafruita:
oga,i cant start typing again.oya read
https://www.nairaland.com/989692/why-there-many-inconsistencies-between

I've gone thru ur link which shows a thread u opened where u again listed all those ur arguments wt no Bible passagaes. Anyways, the good thing is that Goshen360 took time to explain all the questions u asked using Bible passages (which u couldnt provide). Pls go back to your link and read the explanations provided by Goshen360 and perhaps u can learn something and stop listing those baseless points of urs.
Re: Why Even Bother With These Atheists? by truthislight: 12:51am On Jul 16, 2012
@delafruita
guy, i dont think i have time to thred this with you since u are a critic and ur souces of info is from critics. U did not mention that there are contrasting opinion as to the date of Herod death, u pick the once critics that fill this field present.
DATE OF HEROD's DEATH.
A problame arises with regard to the time of Herod's death.
Some chronologers hold that he died 5th or 4th BCE.
Using the time Herod was appointed king by Rome, by using the consular dating, it will be in refernce to other Romans consul whose date were well documented, this was the system emploid by Josephus, like u rightly said, phinl is not an issue on this matter.
So, according to this, Herod appoitment will be in 40 BCE.
But the date of another historian appianos, will place the date at 39BCE.
By the the same method Josephus place the capture of Jeruselam at 37BCE.
But he also said that this occurd after the capture of the city by pompey (which was in 63 BCE), (jewish antiquitoes XIV, 487, 487[xvi,4] his reference to that latter event would make the date of Herod taking the the city of Jerusalem at 36 BCE. now, Josephus says that Herod died at 37 years from the time that he was appointed king by the Romans, and 34 years after he took Jerusalem. (Jewish antiquities, XVII, 190, 191 [vii, 1]
This also indicate that the date of Herod's dead may be 2 or 1 BCE... making the base of ur argument untrust worthy.
So, you do the remaining maths.
Lets also use another system.

We also have the accession year mathod.
That historian uses,
this system is use for Jesus ancestry like use in the linage of David, we then have:
Herod appointed king by Rome in 40BCE his first reignal year will be from Nissan 39BCE to 38BCE.
Similarly if counting from his capture of Jerusalem in 37BCE (36BCE) , his first reinal year could start from 36(35)BCE. So, if as Josephus says, Herod dies at 37year after his appointment by Rome and that will be 34yrs after the capture of Jerusalem, and if those yrs are counted according to Reinal years, his death will be 1BCE. Do the maths.
Guy, this ur argument are all old argument from people that devoted all there life to refute the existance of Jesus, but that is what u brougth to Nairaland forum as though they are historian, and there are lot of fake info aim at deceit all over the place. Ur hatred for JESUS could not be bigger. Are we in doudt of Jesus existance. U brough a wrong reference point = Herods date of death and wants to proof what? .
Am even feeling that this effort to reply this post is wested.
Peace
Re: Why Even Bother With These Atheists? by truthislight: 3:20am On Jul 16, 2012
@delafruita
GENEALOGY JESUS.
It is on nairaland that Guys like u like to show ur strenght.
The genealogy of Jesus as recorded by luke and mattew are of two different aproach,

while matt is concern with ancestry from Joseph his foster father, that of luke is concern with mary linage,
it is obviouse that afer both name David the ancestry does not agree on decendant and luke genealogy has fifteen more name than mattew.
The fact is that mattew aproach the matter at opposit end from that of luke after the mention of Joseph.
Luke begins with Jesus and and runs back to abraham and back to Adam.
Mattew begin with Abraham and runs down to Jesus while he leaves some male out, a number of names inbetween.
Mattew therefore concerns himself with tracing the genealogy man by man or through male.
And he does not include women diractly.
That is why he did not show women as being necessary in his linage desription, eg, were he does not have women in mind he mention women by describing it saying, " Judah becam father to perez and to Zerah by TAMAR" (a woman) or "salmon became father to Boaz by Rahab" or "boaz became father to Obed by Ruth".
Note, Tamar, Rahab, or Ruth are women and were not direct decendant of Abraham, hence it had to be through their husband that the line of decendant was carried along unbroken from Abraham. (male)
luke did not mention women directly,
but mattew did indirectly,
so, while mattew trace Jesus genealogy to the throne of david through the male linage as to proof Jesus right to the throne of David.
But, in luke's case, if there happen to be a woman, then the son-inlaw will have to be recognise(lets say my daughter is an only child then her husband will be recongnis) since Jewish linage is trace through the male.
Eg, Jesus is mention as the son of Joseph instead of mary that is in the lineage being the daughter of Heli.(luke3:23) and joseph son-inlaw, but joseph is mention.
So, luke was interested in showing the direct decent of Jesus from the line of david through male and no women mention, and this was important to prove Jesus Right to the throne of David

By being the daughter of mary it is proof that Jesus is the direct decendant of David.
And by being the son of Jesoph Jesus had a legal right to the throne of david.
Jesus right to the throne of David can not just be through adoption without a direct decent to david.
The importance of this prove to David linage is since the prophercy said that the messiah would come through David linage, mary was necessary to make this link.
Mattew showed that Jesus had a legal claim.
So, Joseph line is shown from solomon(matt 1:6)
it diverts.
Mary also through Natan(luke 3:32) it diverts
so, that is the divission of the linage.
One to mary after David, and the other to Joseph after David.
It should be noted there was an official public register for such info to be obtain and confirm this info in the temple in Jerusalem..
There is absolutely no need for this contentions.
But for the destruction of Jerusalem and its temple by the Romans in 70CE and records destroyed, this info were open to the public for all to see.
Even the Enemy of Jesus could not contest his genealogy that he was son of David which such enemies world have surely done. Even Gentile enemy could not challange it until after 70CE.
Yes, enemies can now make wrong claim since no one can check the public register that has been destroyed.
Peace
Re: Why Even Bother With These Atheists? by truthislight: 4:02am On Jul 16, 2012
@dalafruita
ur dishonesty is al the more obviouse since u did not point the limitations of the lonely historian Josephus.

In his record of the age of Herod when he receive his appointment he pen down 15yrs for Herod while all other historians says it is wrong that the right thing is 25yrs. There are so many inconsistencies in Josephus dating that makes it unreliable.
Ur dishonest heart that is aim at distroying other peoples faith were u could not stand is very clear on ur one sided research. (jewish Antiquities, XVII, 148[vi, 1]; XIV, 158 [ix,2] )
meanwhile, if u take that he was 70yrs at the time of Herod's death and that he started or got his appointment at age 25 it takes us to 2 or 1 BC depending on the month that he died..
Guy, left for you alone, i would just conclude that talking to u is a west of effort but for people on this forum u want to deceive.
Thanks, no peace
Re: Why Even Bother With These Atheists? by Ishilove: 4:28am On Jul 16, 2012
@FXKing2012,you know your stand in Christ as a child of God so what is to be gained by arguing? Why bother with these atheists,or isn't that the title of this thread? So how come you have been debating non-stop for days now with no end in sight?

Brother mine,my advice is quit arguing with 'em atheists and focus on issues that will help you grow as a child of God. I stopped arguing a long time ago and now when they start with their nonsensical arguments I simply turn the whole thing to my personal 'comedy half hour'.

Leave argument and spread the Good news, FX "nwoke nnmadu", because that is our mandate as the followers of Christ. Leave the atheists for our merciful God to handle for though they deny Him,He still loves them with an everlasting love smiley

C'est fini!!!
O tan!
O gu!
QED
Re: Why Even Bother With These Atheists? by FXKing2012(m): 7:18am On Jul 16, 2012
Ishilove: @FXKing2012,you know your stand in Christ as a child of God so what is to be gained by arguing? Why bother with these atheists,or isn't that the title of this thread? So how come you have been debating non-stop for days now with no end in sight?

Brother mine,my advice is quit arguing with 'em atheists and focus on issues that will help you grow as a child of God. I stopped arguing a long time ago and now when they start with their nonsensical arguments I simply turn the whole thing to my personal 'comedy half hour'.

Leave argument and spread the Good news, FX "nwoke nnmadu", because that is our mandate as the followers of Christ. Leave the atheists for our merciful God to handle for though they deny Him,He still loves them with an everlasting love smiley

C'est fini!!!
O tan!
O gu!
QED

Thanks for the advice bro, itz just that I hate seeing these guys that Jesus equally died for walking the dark path that leads to hell. I argue wt them wt the hope that they can see reason and change their ways.
Re: Why Even Bother With These Atheists? by Ishilove: 7:42am On Jul 16, 2012
FXKing2012:

Thanks for the advice bro, itz just that I hate seeing these guys that Jesus equally died for walking the dark path that leads to hell. I argue wt them wt the hope that they can see reason and change their ways.
Emm,I'm a full blooded female... undecided

That aside,don't argue with them to change. Rather pray for them so that God will reveal Himself to them because it is only the spirit of the Most High that can soften their hardened hearts,unblock their ears and open their eyes to the yoke-breaking truth.

1 Like

Re: Why Even Bother With These Atheists? by truthislight: 10:45am On Jul 16, 2012
FXKing2012:

why not copy this explanations and put on all the thread that he has distorted so that all others can benefit.
Thanks.
Peace
Re: Why Even Bother With These Atheists? by Areaboy2(m): 11:21am On Jul 16, 2012
someone talked about genealogy. I really dont see why either gospels have this. since Joseph isn't d father of Jesus undecided

and for d guy saying Luke was talking about Mary's Lineage?? Read your bible again
Re: Why Even Bother With These Atheists? by FXKing2012(m): 11:29am On Jul 16, 2012
Ishilove:
Emm,I'm a full blooded female... undecided

Oh, my bad. . .I'm sorry about that, and I'm sure u are a very pretty one also cos u sound it.
Re: Why Even Bother With These Atheists? by truthislight: 12:48pm On Jul 16, 2012
Area_boy: someone talked about genealogy. I really dont see why either gospels have this. since Joseph isn't d father of Jesus undecided

and for d guy saying Luke was talking about Mary's Lineage?? Read your bible again
Thanks for the advice, i will always read the bible.
But u need to read what i pen down with insight.
I said the interest was on proving Jesus right to the throne and for this male line was necessary.
So, Luke, when the line was female like mary coming up as the mother since a man cannot give birth the reference goes to the son inlaw of Heli Joseph.
Since Joseph is the father by adoption.
That is well illustrated on my write up.
Re: Why Even Bother With These Atheists? by Ishilove: 4:18pm On Jul 16, 2012
FXKing2012:

Oh, my bad. . .I'm sorry about that, and I'm sure u are a very pretty one also cos u sound it.
smiley
Re: Why Even Bother With These Atheists? by FXKing2012(m): 4:33pm On Jul 16, 2012
Ishilove:
smiley

I'm serious dear.
Re: Why Even Bother With These Atheists? by Areaboy2(m): 5:25pm On Jul 16, 2012
truthislight:
Thanks for the advice, i will always read the bible.
But u need to read what i pen down with insight.
I said the interest was on proving Jesus right to the throne and for this male line was necessary.
So, Luke, when the line was female like mary coming up as the mother since a man cannot give birth the reference goes to the son inlaw of Heli Joseph.
Since Joseph is the father by adoption.
That is well illustrated on my write up.

By your claim, If Mary and Joseph's lineage trace back to David. Isn't something wrong there? undecided
Re: Why Even Bother With These Atheists? by Ishilove: 5:33pm On Jul 16, 2012
FXKing2012:

I'm serious dear.
Thanks for the compliment, sir smiley
Re: Why Even Bother With These Atheists? by MrAnony1(m): 5:36pm On Jul 16, 2012
Area_boy:

By your claim, If Mary and Joseph's lineage trace back to David. Isn't something wrong there? undecided
actually I don't see much wrong there (if you are implying incest) because it is so many generations away
Re: Why Even Bother With These Atheists? by truthislight: 5:44pm On Jul 16, 2012
Mr_Anony:
actually I don't see much wrong there (if you are implying incest) because it is so many generations away

thanks men.
I just wish people dont let there mind set to let them distort the facs.
Re: Why Even Bother With These Atheists? by Areaboy2(m): 6:15pm On Jul 16, 2012
Mr_Anony:

LOL.. that was a cheap shot. I agree grin. I was munching on my mac and cheese cheesy. Ok here goes.

either way, it makes no sense that one will focus on the Mary's side the the other on Joseph. From my understanding, Jewish bloodline is through mothers. However, either way, one of the has to be flawed or copied from the other with "modification". My reason for saying this is simple. Either they focus on Joseph's lineage or Mary's. Not both. Since both authors know the Jewish tradition. Also, both men should follow similar trends of reasoning. undecided

I'm sure I've read a book by Dr Bart Erhman explaining this exact discrepancies and as much as my memory tells me he mentioned nothing about Mary. Will check it up soon and give u an indepth response
Re: Why Even Bother With These Atheists? by truthislight: 7:12pm On Jul 16, 2012
@dalafruita
still on the when of Herod's death,
accordind to Josephus, Herod died not long after an eclipse of the moon and befor a passover.
(jewish antiquities, XVII, 167 [ix, 3] ).
Since there was an eclipse on march 11,4BCE. (march 13, Julian calenda), some people have concluded that this was the eclipse refarred to by Josephus.

However, there was also another eclipse (total eclipse) of the moon in 1BCE.
This eclipse took place 3months befor passover, while the one of 4BCE , was a partial eclipse.
The total eclipse in 1BCE, was on January 8 (January 13, Julian), that was 18 days befor shebat 2, the traditional day of Herod's death.
In fact there was another clipse on Dec 27 of 1BCE (Dec 29, Julian calenda)

This is because Josephus said Herod died not quite long after an eclipse occurred.

With this we still pin the death of Herod to 1BCE. And not 4 or 5bce.
Peace
Re: Why Even Bother With These Atheists? by FXKing2012(m): 10:35pm On Jul 16, 2012
Ishilove:
Thanks for the compliment, sir smiley

You are welcome darling.
Re: Why Even Bother With These Atheists? by truthislight: 12:30am On Jul 17, 2012
This two people in front of us are romanticising!
Pls. Since we are eye witnesses to when it all started if it turns out to bring goodies dont fail to invite us o!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

***Is Christianity Becoming Too Superstitious And Beggarly Or What??*** / Doesnt God Know Those Already Going To Hell? / Religious Forgiveness Or Escape Route?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.