Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,339 members, 7,811,982 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:30 AM

Why Even Bother With These Atheists? - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Even Bother With These Atheists? (7110 Views)

Unbeliever Why Bother Be Good? / Where Are These ATHEISTS? / Reasons Why You Should Not Bother To Read The Quran! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Even Bother With These Atheists? by shanicemel(f): 3:24pm On Jul 23, 2012
dnt worry everyone we shall oneday have the opportunity of knowing if there is God or not and thats by 6FT so whether atheist or beleiver u will findout and l pray we shall all be on the side of Christ or better still ask Infidel Altamont is near death experience and we shall know better. PEACE TO ALL

1 Like

Re: Why Even Bother With These Atheists? by cyrexx: 3:45pm On Jul 23, 2012
shanicemel: dnt worry everyone we shall oneday have the opportunity of knowing if there is God or not and thats by 6FT so whether atheist or beleiver u will findout and l pray we shall all be on the side of Christ or better still ask Infidel Altamont is near death experience and we shall know better. PEACE TO ALL

hello dear, those religious scare tactics (hell fire) can only work on the ignorant and gullible, the same way islamic scare tactics cant work on you is the same way your tactics cant work on atheists.
Re: Why Even Bother With These Atheists? by FXKing2012(m): 4:43pm On Jul 23, 2012
musKeeto:
Seconded..

It's IGNORANT to claim to see things from all angles, if you haven't dropped your Bible and taken a good extrospective look at religion as a whole...

Wat is your problem? Why do u keep chasing me about? Itz like I got your attention like J.Lo's a.s.s
Re: Why Even Bother With These Atheists? by truthislight: 6:16pm On Jul 23, 2012
musKeeto:
Seconded..

It's IGNORANT to claim to see things from all angles, if you haven't dropped your Bible and taken a good extrospective look at religion as a whole...
i have the feeling u did not comprehend my post.

"I had said that i was also that comfuse about the bible befor i"

why not try again?
Peace
Re: Why Even Bother With These Atheists? by LordTheus(m): 1:43pm On Sep 27, 2022

You care because an atheist is a living, breathing, typing and talking reminder that your god is as powerless as all the other gods you call false. You care because unbelievers are the personification of your doubts. You care because your god is silent while being criticized instead of unleashing his biblical wrath.

You bother because atheism is the rejection of the ideology that forms the foundation of your beliefs. When faced with an unbeliever,you are forced to reckon with the idea that your god and religion where created to give life meaning and the rejection of those beliefs makes you confront the nihilism of existence.

Your god and religion are coping mechanisms for man to deal with an unfeeling, irresponsive universe that offers no answers to the question r "why are we here?". Since there is no objective purpose we can discern from our existence in this world, your transcendental god and the faith you have in him are what makes life worth living and lends value to your existence.
An atheist makes you concious of this but you're not willingly to confront that fear.

Believing in gods and religion are not bad practices, afterall we all have to find reasons to live despite the fact that our lives are insignificant and whatever we do won't stop the one true absolute; death. Your religion even tries to render death powerless but we all know that "eternal life" is an "eternal load of sh#t". We are exposed to this fact when we consider human existence and history.

We are born without our permission in places and to people not of our choosing. We are born into societies with rules and behaviours we are supposed to emulate and usually for most of us, these include religious beliefs. The random nature of our existence shows that natural processes do not follow "rational" trajectories and this irrationality is part of the motivation for the creation of the "supernatural".

A rejection of traditional beliefs in favor of looking at the world objectively as an individual will make you aware of the absurdity of our existence. Christianity represents your rejection of nihilism and an atheist is someone whose existence reminds you that nihilism is the true nature of the universe from what we can tell.

Think about it. Without using your religious or "spiritual" beliefs, can you say what the meaning of life is? Why do we exist?

Christianity's answer to these questions is, "to glorify God".....................I find it downright silly to believe that an omnipotent entity created you just so you can kiss his a$$.

A beautiful comment that I never thought I'd find again. I've been searching for this comment for years. Back when I was still a Christian and I used to surf Nairaland as a guest, I came across this very comment and it triggered me. I was a teenager at the time and the comment seeped into my subconscious. I couldn't remember the words verbatim but I understood the message. It stressed me so bad and made me find solace in watching arguments by Christian apologists like William Lane Craig, Ravi Zacharias and other atheist opponents like Ben Shapiro. Even then, I wasn't satisfied or convinced by their positions in their debates. The atheist position always seemed more sound and logical to me. I started labeling myself an "agnostic", with the goal of observing both the atheist and Christian position from an objective lens, and that settled it for me. I could no longer lightly entertain the flaws of the Christian position. I realized that I had been suffering from cognitive dissonance.
Re: Why Even Bother With These Atheists? by RoyalDiadems: 10:19pm On Sep 27, 2022
FXKing2012:
Why do we even bother trying to convince these atheists that there is a God or a spirit realm when they make up only about 3% of world population. In social sciences, anything below 5% is considered insignificant, so why expend so much effort and energy arguing with them? They ask stupid questions thinking they are smart as if the 3% are wiser and smarter than the 97% who believe in a higher being or the spirit realm.
So, really, why do we even care?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_atheism

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atheism

Honestly. They ask very silly questions that you wouldn't even expect from a goat. I use to wonder how a human being's brain could be working so much below capacity.
Re: Why Even Bother With These Atheists? by jaephoenix(m): 6:54pm On Oct 02, 2022
RoyalDiadems:

Honestly. They ask very silly questions that you wouldn't even expect from a goat. I use to wonder how a human being's brain could be working so much below capacity.
I dey wait you for our thread. You say you go dash me Demonic Sickness/madness etc. It's 5 days now I still dey. Wetin dey happen? Is God not listening to your prayers again?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

The Problem With Moderate Atheists / Omega Power Ministry And The Use Of Coconut As Holy Communion / Have You Ever Left Your Body Before?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.