Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,348 members, 7,812,000 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:54 AM

Why Even Bother With These Atheists? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Even Bother With These Atheists? (7112 Views)

Unbeliever Why Bother Be Good? / Where Are These ATHEISTS? / Reasons Why You Should Not Bother To Read The Quran! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Even Bother With These Atheists? by thehomer: 2:59pm On Jul 04, 2012
FXKing2012:

This is the kind of dumb question all these atheist keep coming up with..."my people perish for the lack of knowledge".

What is dumb about the question? Can God abolish hell or not? Isn't he supposed to love people and not desire to see them suffer? You Christians and your failure of understanding.
Re: Why Even Bother With These Atheists? by thehomer: 3:01pm On Jul 04, 2012
FXKing2012:

Anyone who believes in his heart and confesses with his mouth that Jesus is Lord. Anyone who knows Jesus is the Son of God. Anyone the Holy Spirit ministers to. Anyone who has been touched by God. Anyone who has a relationship with Jesus. . .

How about someone who thinks they experienced all that yet turn away as we see with the "coming out" of religious people?
Re: Why Even Bother With These Atheists? by Delafruita(m): 3:14pm On Jul 04, 2012
FXKing2012:

God gives you freewill to make your own decisions which is why u are responsible for your actions. We preach to unbelievers cos they are lost, in bondage and on their way to hell; we want to help them avoid hell becos it is a really terrible place to be.
in the real sense,we dont control our actions.God and satan simply meet and decide on whose faith to test while God simply decides to harden the heart of some like pharoah's so they dont obey him even if they want to.
Re: Why Even Bother With These Atheists? by manmustwac(m): 4:26pm On Jul 04, 2012
cyrexx:

have you forgotten that christianity was once less than 3 percent around 2000 years ago?

verily verily i say unto you that rational thinking and rejection of religious dogma will outgrow world religions before the next 2000 years as mankind develop and advance beyond superstitious beliefs.

can i get an amen.
AMEN! wink
Re: Why Even Bother With These Atheists? by cyrexx: 4:38pm On Jul 04, 2012
manmustwac: AMEN! wink

thank you, bro.
Re: Why Even Bother With These Atheists? by buzugee(m): 4:40pm On Jul 04, 2012
tis a good question. for starters the lord said we should be charitable. it would not be brotherly of us to completely ignore our petulant-mentally unhinged-spiritually dead brothers and sisters. they need comfort. thats why they are here. they need a shoulder to cry on. thats why we are here. it is our charitable duty to offer our shoulders for these petulant unhinged amigos and amigas to lean on. we all need somebody to lean on. lean on me, if your not strong cuz ill be around, ill be there to help you carry on lean on me, cheesy ( great song too )

1 Like

Re: Why Even Bother With These Atheists? by Nobody: 6:20pm On Jul 04, 2012
buzugee: tis a good question. for starters the lord said we should be charitable. it would not be brotherly of us to completely ignore our petulant-mentally unhinged-spiritually dead brothers and sisters. they need comfort. thats why they are here. they need a shoulder to cry on. thats why we are here. it is our charitable duty to offer our shoulders for these petulant unhinged amigos and amigas to lean on. we all need somebody to lean on. lean on me, if your not strong cuz ill be around, ill be there to help you carry on lean on me, cheesy ( great song too )
grin result of too much trees
Re: Why Even Bother With These Atheists? by buzugee(m): 8:03pm On Jul 04, 2012
diluminati:
grin result of too much trees
i done gave up trees. grin
Re: Why Even Bother With These Atheists? by Ishilove: 8:47pm On Jul 04, 2012
buzugee: tis a good question. for starters the lord said we should be charitable. it would not be brotherly of us to completely ignore our petulant-mentally unhinged-spiritually dead brothers and sisters. they need comfort. thats why they are here. they need a shoulder to cry on. thats why we are here. it is our charitable duty to offer our shoulders for these petulant unhinged amigos and amigas to lean on. we all need somebody to lean on. lean on me, if your not strong cuz ill be around, ill be there to help you carry on lean on me, cheesy ( great song too )
Bwahahahahahahahaha!!! grincheesycheesy
Re: Why Even Bother With These Atheists? by FXKing2012(m): 9:00pm On Jul 04, 2012
musKeeto:
You do realise therefore that the Bible doesn't agree with your stance that

Hebrews 6

This directly contradicts your aforementioned statements. It's possible, and even the Bible affirms, for people to indeed have experienced what you refer to as a 'relationship with God' and still deny him...

Such people have already condemned themselves to eternal punishment - that is what is called sin against the Holy Spirit which is not forgiven.
Re: Why Even Bother With These Atheists? by FXKing2012(m): 9:06pm On Jul 04, 2012
Delafruita:
in the real sense,we dont control our actions.God and satan simply meet and decide on whose faith to test while God simply decides to harden the heart of some like pharoah's so they dont obey him even if they want to.

Freewill gives u the opportunity to make all ur decisions as u deem fit. It means u freely will.
Re: Why Even Bother With These Atheists? by Nobody: 9:26pm On Jul 04, 2012
lagerwhenindoubt:

Now is that the God of the Jews or the Hebrew or Arabs. I sincerely doubt so, because the creator of this reality in all its sophistication and mystery does nto seem to me like the infantile piglet the Christians always preach of, the one who allowed millions of children to be killed in gas chambers because he had a greater plan for them besides sadistic torture and genocide. Who asked for your help? is it not when someone asks for help that you offer it. How do you know they are lost. Did the Christian Church not murder people for daring to read and interpret the Bible.. was GOD still in kindergarten then and was too immature to know any better? I can prove some aspects of this reality with scientific fact. I dare any Christian (all Christians on this Forum) to prove this reality on the basis of FAITH.. let us do a simple test, I can prove that a needle can float on water (similar to an AXE floating in a running stream of Christian lore) now please gather your collective FAITH and cause a cripple (with no legs) to grow one and stand up and walk.. if that is too hard, let us try something far simpler. cause the SUN to stand still. ( I am watching) or far simpler, cause a virgin to give birth without having sex.. oh I still have some more - Cure AIDS
My prayer for u is dat someday, God will open ur eyes 2 KNOW beta. Amen!
Re: Why Even Bother With These Atheists? by FXKing2012(m): 9:31pm On Jul 04, 2012
thehomer:

What is dumb about the question? Can God abolish hell or not? Isn't he supposed to love people and not desire to see them suffer? You Christians and your failure of understanding.

Hell and the lake of fire were originally designed for satan and his agents, but when man fell and some chose to follow the devil, that makes them candidates for hell. It's a choice where you end up, so dont blame God for it. With your freewill, u may choose to serve God or say He doesn't exists, why would u blame God if you die and then discover that hell is real.
Re: Why Even Bother With These Atheists? by Ptolomeus(m): 9:35pm On Jul 04, 2012
FXKing2012: Why do we even bother trying to convince these atheists that there is a God or a spirit realm when they make up only about 3% of world population. In social sciences, anything below 5% is considered insignificant, so why expend so much effort and energy arguing with them? They ask stupid questions thinking they are smart as if the 3% are wiser and smarter than the 97% who believe in a higher being or the spirit realm.
So, really, why do we even care?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_atheism

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atheism
You do not mind that they are 3%.
You will be upset that the 3% ridicule your motive of faith.
You will be upset that the 3% opine on Bible contradictions, and you do not know how to respond.
You will be upset that this insignificant 3% believe that only a fool pays tithing, because the Bible says exactly the opposite ...
You will be upset that the 3% mock (rightly) of the fanatical, senseless exhibitions of some believers.
You will be upset that the 3% who laugh at repeated passages out of context and without understanding (as taught by the pastors)
I clarified that I am not an atheist, but I prefer atheism to religious fanaticism.
My respects.

1 Like

Re: Why Even Bother With These Atheists? by FXKing2012(m): 9:38pm On Jul 04, 2012
Martian:

I bind you with the blood of the Pristine Unicorn. May the blood of Vampires haunt you. I pray in the name of Shango that werewolves tear you apart limb from limb. Now, depart from me, you spawn of Satan!

wow. . .seems I ruffled u a little (lol). Watz with all that anger and empty curses? Jesus loves you and is willing to have u in His fold once u repent.

1 Like

Re: Why Even Bother With These Atheists? by cyrexx: 9:39pm On Jul 04, 2012
FXKing2012:

Hell and the lake of fire were originally designed for satan and his agents, but when man fell and some chose to follow the devil, that makes them candidates for hell. It's a choice where you end up, so dont blame God for it. With your freewill, u may choose to serve God or say He doesn't exists, why would u blame God if you die and then discover that hell is real.

i will tell him to go to hell. he deserves to have a taste of his own medicine.he is the greatest sinner and mass murderer and racist i ever know. he truly deserves hell
Re: Why Even Bother With These Atheists? by Nobody: 9:40pm On Jul 04, 2012
FXKing2012: Pls I did not open this thread for you to blaspheme against God Almighty. All I pray is may God forgive you cos u know not what you do.
Amen and Amen! May God have mercy on them all...
Re: Why Even Bother With These Atheists? by FXKing2012(m): 9:47pm On Jul 04, 2012
lagerwhenindoubt:

Okay my G. I can see that you are deeply (hypocritically) religious - I will leave you with one passing FACT. Throughout the Bible GOD was always revealing his nature, his character and his works in virtually every page. from Genesis to Revelation. What is happening these days, is he tired of showing off (smiting people here and there on the slightest whim)

He is the ALMIGHTY Creator and loves Children - only he cannot stop Boko-Haram and Fulani herdsmen from hacking sleeping kids to death. I have one word for him SHITFUCKER! angry and if he truly is ever-present and all seeing. I bet he is not angry at my blaspheming fingers because even he has admitted that his followers are the real problem not the non-believers grin what irony

I would rather pay due reverence to the GOD who is non-interventionists, does his job creating universes like it is going out of fashion and leave man to find his way since he gave us free-will and rich options in the 1st place. Sheeple like you can save your energies for the End-times when you will be pricked and poked with blazing hot fire-pokers and tortured in un-ending fashion (It is payback time for the non-believers) grin

Stay Coool - PEACE grin

You are not the first to abuse God and u wont be the last, itz no new thing bro! Only that those who did it b4 u are frying in hell and that is wat awaits u if u continue in this dark path. The devil really has a hold on u.
Re: Why Even Bother With These Atheists? by Nobody: 10:32pm On Jul 04, 2012
FXKing2012:
wow. . .seems I ruffled u a little (lol). Watz with all that anger and empty curses? Jesus loves you and is willing to have u in His fold once u repent.

You are way too stu.pid so this is the last time I'll ever reply you. Lmao, you really think that post was written in anger!!
Re: Why Even Bother With These Atheists? by ezicat: 12:02am On Jul 05, 2012
Ah - another atheist in the house.

You know one of the reasons I turned from organized religion? Because of the behaviour of you Christians. You say one thing and do another. Yes, the majority of Southern Nigerians are Christian - they crowd the churches every Sunday, they pay their tithes, they quote the Bible, they bless those who curse them online and yet..yet... Can I leave my door unlocked in Nigeria? No. In fact, I have to live inside high walls covered with broken glass or electrical wiring. Can I expect the government (filled with Christians no doubt) to do their jobs - create industry, protect their citizens? Or are they in there to loot the country dry - but they believe in God.....Can I walk into a place of worship as I am or do I have to dress in my finest wear - who am I showing off for? God or all you Christians. Who am I showing off for when I announce what I'm giving to the church? God or all you Christians? When I ignore the poor on my street while donating wads to the church to fatten pastors and priests? They say most husbands cheat - but they believe in God. Is the average Southern Nigerian polite, kind, humble? But the average Southern Nigerian is Christian.

Was it not the pope himself in the 1400s that branded blacks as inferior and deserving of slavery? The man that is supposed to be closest to God here on earth.

So Christians, by your behavior as a whole, you deny the existence of God - you can blame yourselves for the increasing levels of atheism.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Even Bother With These Atheists? by EbuksAllison7: 1:40am On Jul 05, 2012
ezicat: Ah - another atheist in the house.

You know one of the reasons I turned from organized religion? Because of the behaviour of you Christians. You say one thing and do another. Yes, the majority of Southern Nigerians are Christian - they crowd the churches every Sunday, they pay their tithes, they quote the Bible, they bless those who curse them online and yet..yet... Can I leave my door unlocked in Nigeria? No. In fact, I have to live inside high walls covered with broken glass or electrical wiring. Can I expect the government (filled with Christians no doubt) to do their jobs - create industry, protect their citizens? Or are they in there to loot the country dry - but they believe in God.....Can I walk into a place of worship as I am or do I have to dress in my finest wear - who am I showing off for? God or all you Christians. Who am I showing off for when I announce what I'm giving to the church? God or all you Christians? When I ignore the poor on my street while donating wads to the church to fatten pastors and priests? They say most husbands cheat - but they believe in God. Is the average Southern Nigerian polite, kind, humble? But the average Southern Nigerian is Christian.

Was it not the pope himself in the 1400s that branded blacks as inferior and deserving of slavery? The man that is supposed to be closest to God here on earth.

So Christians, by your behavior as a whole, you deny the existence of God - you can blame yourselves for the increasing levels of atheism.
boom-headshot
Re: Why Even Bother With These Atheists? by cyrexx: 7:01am On Jul 05, 2012
ezicat: Ah - another atheist in the house.

GBAM!!!
You just nailed it.

the major cause of atheism is christians (and muslims),
their deeds and their contradictory beliefs are simply UNBELIEVABLE.
that is why a rational mind will NOT BELIEVE their fairy tales
Re: Why Even Bother With These Atheists? by buzugee(m): 7:08am On Jul 05, 2012
cyrexx:

GBAM!!!
You just nailed it.

the major cause of atheism is christians (and muslims),
their deeds and their contradictory beliefs are simply UNBELIEVABLE.
that is why a rational mind will NOT BELIEVE their fairy tales
ahhh see therein lies your folly. scripture says pay attention to the creator not the created. you cant be trying to follow man.
Re: Why Even Bother With These Atheists? by cyrexx: 7:28am On Jul 05, 2012
buzugee: ahhh see therein lies your folly. scripture says pay attention to the creator not the created. you cant be trying to follow man.

do you see your folly, you believe what you are told without any reasonable proof or independent thinking of your own. everything you know about god has been fed into your brain by men and you swallow like a baby.

Re: Why Even Bother With These Atheists? by thehomer: 8:39am On Jul 05, 2012
FXKing2012:

Atheists don't believe in God neither do they believe in Satan so how can you say they chose to follow the devil? Can you follow Santa Claus to the North Pole if you don't believe he is there?
If God actually loves all people, then he can choose to not send them to hell or doesn't he have the freewill to do that? If your child finger paints on a report of yours, do you disown him and send him to a place where you know he will suffer when you actually love him and can choose not to send him there?
These are the sorts of unreasonable excuses Christians make for a God that should be rejected.
Re: Why Even Bother With These Atheists? by Nobody: 9:53am On Jul 05, 2012
Atheism, the religion of folly!

Yet out of the 'innocency' of their heart they speak; ignorance is Bliss! Some speak with high level of intellect, although some (like logicboy) always sound like demons on mission. Although having interact with them, I think most of them do not believe in God but they know he's there, some will say he's a figment of our imaginations, or a creation of man whatever the case, they acknowledge that existence

Christianity-most christians, their life do not reflect Christ for if they believe there is a God, why don't they fear and respect him,the Jesus in the bible (atheist, even if u say it was a fairy tale), his life was blameless, humble and worth emulating. 90percent of the wicked ppl on earth, including but not limited to theieves, robbers, 'politicians' are christians

Islam, with the 'peace' they unleash on the world, even animals will rethink, 99.99 percennt of terrorists and probably diabolically inclined terrorists are muslims.

Because islam has loads of issues and christianity today has loads of issues doesn't mean we should create a dreamland. Honestly, because life is damn hard doesn't mean we should commit suicide!
Re: Why Even Bother With These Atheists? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 10:35am On Jul 05, 2012
I want to suggest all non-believers to ignore threads such as these. they serve no purpose for enlightenment or open-mindedness.
It is started by Christian Zealots - they understand the Bible the way a Child understands The Law of Jurisprudence. They are Evangelical dunderheads who do not follow a simple advice in Proverbs - Above all gain understanding, following Knowledge & Wisdom, very few Christians do that.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Omega Power Ministry And The Use Of Coconut As Holy Communion / Have You Ever Left Your Body Before? / Ask Questions/Doubts About Paganism/ATR's

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.