Stats: 3,151,315 members, 7,811,937 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:08 AM

Why Even Bother With These Atheists? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Even Bother With These Atheists? (7108 Views)

Unbeliever Why Bother Be Good? / Where Are These ATHEISTS? / Reasons Why You Should Not Bother To Read The Quran! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Even Bother With These Atheists? by cyrexx: 11:28am On Jul 05, 2012
iv4fb: Atheism, the religion of folly!

Yet out of the 'innocency' of their heart they speak; ignorance is Bliss! Some speak with high level of intellect, although some (like logicboy) always sound like demons on mission. Although having interact with them, I think most of them do not believe in God but they know he's there, some will say he's a figment of our imaginations, or a creation of man whatever the case, they acknowledge that existence

Christianity-most christians, their life do not reflect Christ for if they believe there is a God, why don't they fear and respect him,the Jesus in the bible (atheist, even if u say it was a fairy tale), his life was blameless, humble and worth emulating. 90percent of the wicked ppl on earth, including but not limited to theieves, robbers, 'politicians' are christians

Islam, with the 'peace' they unleash on the world, even animals will rethink, 99.99 percennt of terrorists and probably diabolically inclined terrorists are muslims.

Because islam has loads of issues and christianity today has loads of issues doesn't mean we should create a dreamland. Honestly, because life is damn hard doesn't mean we should commit suicide!

so where do you stand, you reject atheism, you reject christianity, you reject Islam

we might as well reject your statement as a senseless, directionless greatest level of folly of which you labelled atheism

what you just said now is the highest level of folly!
Re: Why Even Bother With These Atheists? by Niflheim(m): 11:57am On Jul 05, 2012
@EZICAT,YOU HAVE DEFINITELY HIT THE NAIL ON THE HEAD!!!I AM GRATEFUL FOR ALL YOUR HISTORICAL KNOWLEDGE ABOUT THE POPE AND SLAVERY!!!
Re: Why Even Bother With These Atheists? by Niflheim(m): 11:59am On Jul 05, 2012
@IV4FB,SO YOU SAY THAT ATHEISM IS LINKED TO FOLLY AND YET THE BIBLE CLAIMS THAT INSECTS HAVE 4 LEGS AND FOWLS HAVE 4 LEGS!!!WHICH IS MORE FOOLISH IF NOT CHRISTIANITY!!!
Re: Why Even Bother With These Atheists? by buzugee(m): 12:05pm On Jul 05, 2012
cyrexx:

do you see your folly, you believe what you are told without any reasonable proof or independent thinking of your own. everything you know about god has been fed into your brain by men and you swallow like a baby.
wrong. everything i know about God is from prophesys in the bible, studying the bible and linking it up with world events wink
Re: Why Even Bother With These Atheists? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 12:07pm On Jul 05, 2012
buzugee: wrong. everything i know about God is from prophesys in the bible, studying the bible and linking it up with world events wink
Buzugee.

I reserve mu comments wink
Re: Why Even Bother With These Atheists? by buzugee(m): 12:09pm On Jul 05, 2012
lagerwhenindoubt:
Buzugee.

I reserve mu comments wink
Let it all out Chief. You know what they say about a constipated man ? they end up being atheists grin
Re: Why Even Bother With These Atheists? by Nobody: 11:15pm On Jul 05, 2012
@cyrexx, I did not reject any religion, I only gave my opinion about them, not all christians do not behave like christ! You are more intelligent than this, re-read my post!

@niflheim, try again-you're certainly a baby atheist, wish u well!
Re: Why Even Bother With These Atheists? by FXKing2012(m): 11:26pm On Jul 05, 2012
buzugee: Let it all out Chief. You know what they say about a constipated man ? they end up being atheists grin

This got me laughing in many languages.
Re: Why Even Bother With These Atheists? by FXKing2012(m): 11:31pm On Jul 05, 2012
Martian:

You are way too stu.pid so this is the last time I'll ever reply you. Lmao, you really think that post was written in anger!!

Wow! What a relief. . .finally got the devil off my back.
Re: Why Even Bother With These Atheists? by cyrexx: 11:34pm On Jul 05, 2012
@ iv4b
the only reason why i used such a strong language is to make you see how offensive and insulting it is to call atheists fools.
Of course, i've read your posts and i fully understood them.
I wish you will understand our point of view too. We just choose to reject all religions for reasons best understood by us. It does not mean christians should call atheists fools.
If you're offended too, accept my apologies and lets be good.
Peace.
Re: Why Even Bother With These Atheists? by FXKing2012(m): 11:52pm On Jul 05, 2012
cyrexx: @ iv4b
the only reason why i used such a strong language is to make you see how offensive and insulting it is to call atheists fools.
Of course, i've read your posts and i fully understood them.
I wish you will understand our point of view too. We just choose to reject all religions for reasons best understood by us. It does not mean christians should call atheists fools.
If you're offended too, accept my apologies and lets be good.
Peace.

2 Corinthians 6: 14 - Be you not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship has righteousness with unrighteousness? and what partnership has light with darkness?
Re: Why Even Bother With These Atheists? by cyrexx: 11:55pm On Jul 05, 2012
FXKing2012:

2 Corinthians 6: 14 - Be you not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship has righteousness with unrighteousness? and what partnership has light with darkness?
i believe you can read and write properly and you can clearly see i am not addressing you.
Re: Why Even Bother With These Atheists? by ezicat: 12:04am On Jul 07, 2012
Ok.

Follow the creator, not the created? How? Does the creator speak to you directly? He does? That could be schizophrenia. You might want to get checked out.

Lol. But, more seriously - I haven't experienced the creator coming down from heaven to speak to me, and I don't know how many (sane) people who have. Which would lead me to believe that the only thing we pretty much have to go by is the created, and as most have said, they don't make the grade.

And as for following the Bible...again, the Bible did not fall from heaven. It was written by, guess what? THE CREATED. And as we've already established, the created are seriously f*cked. You know what that means, right?

Oh, and I have a few criticisms for your Jesus - why didn't he speak out on sexism and slavery (more appropriately, bondage)? (he did prevent people from stoning an adulteress, so kudos for that. Question though - where was the adulterer? Oh was she having s*x with herself). And the only acknowledged disciples were the male ones? Tsk tsk tsk! What about believing that a kid who clearly had epilepsy (based on a description of the symptoms) was possessed by demons? Tsk tsk tsk again; you'd think the Son of God would know that. And the whole worship me thing - ahhhhhh - kind of points to an ego, doesn't it? (Although some theologists have argued that he didn't portray himself and such; he was labeled as divine after the fact). And don't get me started about the whole hocus pocus concerning his birth - seriously what did Mary's chromosomes pair with?

No, I personally don't think he was perfect; his teachings on morality were awesome though - except they really haven't worked on most people, Christians or not...so...it's a moot point. Most people have a conscience. You don't need the God factor to be a good person. In fact, it sometimes detracts from that.

End of ramble.

Wait, wait, wait. PS: I know what you're thinking. That my mind has been totally messed up by science. Well, I'm okay with that - it frees me to analyze everything. And that is awesome. You should try it.
Re: Why Even Bother With These Atheists? by Ptolomeus(m): 5:03pm On Jul 09, 2012

Atheism is not a religion. It is a theological position.
My respects.
Re: Why Even Bother With These Atheists? by FXKing2012(m): 5:09pm On Jul 09, 2012
I'm coming with "the death of the atheist" soon, watch out.
Re: Why Even Bother With These Atheists? by Ptolomeus(m): 5:09pm On Jul 09, 2012
ezicat: Wait, wait, wait. PS: I know what you're thinking. That my mind has been totally messed up by science. Well, I'm okay with that - it frees me to analyze everything. And that is awesome. You should try it.
I agree with you.
I think they think you're possessed by Satan, and that you are a heretic ... just so they can explain to someone like you and I do not believe in the virginity of Mary and so many other things.
Re: Why Even Bother With These Atheists? by cyrexx: 5:46pm On Jul 09, 2012
FXKing2012: I'm coming with "the death of the atheist" soon, watch out.

and we will reply with "Wanted: God, dead or alive, where has he been hiding?"
Re: Why Even Bother With These Atheists? by cyrexx: 5:47pm On Jul 09, 2012
FXKing2012: I'm coming with "the death of the atheist" soon, watch out.

and we will reply with "WANTED: God, dead or alive, where has he been hiding?"
Re: Why Even Bother With These Atheists? by FXKing2012(m): 6:45am On Jul 10, 2012
cyrexx:
i believe you can read and write properly and you can clearly see i am not addressing you.

I believe you can read and write properly and you can also clearly see I wasnt addressing you, I was addressing my fellow brother in the faith.
Re: Why Even Bother With These Atheists? by tpia5: 11:34am On Jul 13, 2012
musKeeto:
Thanks for ignoring the question. I'm not an atheist by the way.
Give me some time. I'll update this post to quote some posts by people who have been positively affected by discussions/threads on nairaland. Some remained Christians. Others became atheists.

Omg you're so laughable.

Try to get a life -you cant get a boyfriend or what exactly?

Re: Why Even Bother With These Atheists? by thehomer: 7:55pm On Jul 13, 2012

Yet out of the 'innocency' of their heart they speak; ignorance is Bliss! Some speak with high level of intellect, although some (like logicboy) always sound like demons on mission. Although having interact with them, I think most of them do not believe in God but they know he's there, some will say he's a figment of our imaginations, or a creation of man whatever the case, they acknowledge that existence

Atheism isn't a religion you know.
If they don't believe in God, how can they know he is there?

iv4fb:
Christianity-most christians, their life do not reflect Christ for if they believe there is a God, why don't they fear and respect him,the Jesus in the bible (atheist, even if u say it was a fairy tale), his life was blameless, humble and worth emulating. 90percent of the wicked ppl on earth, including but not limited to theieves, robbers, 'politicians' are christians

It is easy to create a fairytale with a blameless character. I also don't think one can say that 90% of the wicked people on earth are Christians given that they're less than 40% of the global population. If it were true, then I don't think people would continue being Christians since it is likely that being a Christian may make someone wicked.

iv4fb:
Islam, with the 'peace' they unleash on the world, even animals will rethink, 99.99 percennt of terrorists and probably diabolically inclined terrorists are muslims.

Because islam has loads of issues and christianity today has loads of issues doesn't mean we should create a dreamland. Honestly, because life is damn hard doesn't mean we should commit suicide!

I don't think that 99.99% of terrorists are Muslims either unless you wish to define it in some special way.
Re: Why Even Bother With These Atheists? by FXKing2012(m): 7:35am On Jul 14, 2012
Atheists make up only about 3% of world population, any smart person shld know that the 3% could not be smarter and wiser than the 97% who believe in some form of God or spiritual realm. It only takes a little bit of common sense to know this.
Re: Why Even Bother With These Atheists? by cyrexx: 8:03am On Jul 14, 2012
The world's richest men make up only about 3% of world population, any smart person shld know that the 3% COULD be smarter and wiser AND MORE ADVANCED than the 97% who believe in some form of God, spiritual realm OR OTHER SUPERSTITIOUS BAGGAGE THAT HINDERS DEVELOPMENT. It only takes a little bit of common sense to know this.
Re: Why Even Bother With These Atheists? by truthislight: 9:03am On Jul 14, 2012
@cerexx
Bro, where have u been?
U have been missing in action u know?
Re: Why Even Bother With These Atheists? by joe4christ(m): 9:41am On Jul 14, 2012
Martian:

I am God Almighty and I don't need forgiveness. Can you prove otherwise?

[size=15pt] You called for it, be ready for the consequences. Just dont forget this day cos it would be recalled back to your memory before you recieve your due judgement.
Then you will know that ''I AM THE LORD OF HOST'' [/size]
Re: Why Even Bother With These Atheists? by truthislight: 9:45am On Jul 14, 2012
ezicat: Ok.

Follow the creator, not the created? How? Does the creator speak to you directly? He does? That could be schizophrenia. You might want to get checked out.

Lol. But, more seriously - I haven't experienced the creator coming down from heaven to speak to me, and I don't know how many (sane) people who have. Which would lead me to believe that the only thing we pretty much have to go by is the created, and as most have said, they don't make the grade.

And as for following the Bible...again, the Bible did not fall from heaven. It was written by, guess what? THE CREATED. And as we've already established, the created are seriously f*cked. You know what that means, right?

Oh, and I have a few criticisms for your Jesus - why didn't he speak out on sexism and slavery (more appropriately, bondage)? (he did prevent people from stoning an adulteress, so kudos for that. Question though - where was the adulterer? Oh was she having s*x with herself). And the only acknowledged disciples were the male ones? Tsk tsk tsk! What about believing that a kid who clearly had epilepsy (based on a description of the symptoms) was possessed by demons? Tsk tsk tsk again; you'd think the Son of God would know that. And the whole worship me thing - ahhhhhh - kind of points to an ego, doesn't it? (Although some theologists have argued that he didn't portray himself and such; he was labeled as divine after the fact). And don't get me started about the whole hocus pocus concerning his birth - seriously what did Mary's chromosomes pair with?

No, I personally don't think he was perfect; his teachings on morality were awesome though - except they really haven't worked on most people, Christians or not...so...it's a moot point. Most people have a conscience. You don't need the God factor to be a good person. In fact, it sometimes detracts from that.

End of ramble.

Wait, wait, wait. PS: I know what you're thinking. That my mind has been totally messed up by science. Well, I'm okay with that - it frees me to analyze everything. And that is awesome. You should try it.

yea, i see. U are so right.
Jesus should simply have left this God thing and educated the primitive generation about bacteria, viruses, mental health, gynacology, spercial relativity(physic), chem, bio, startistics, automobile, rocket science, higgs bosons, lablace trasform, fourier series, transidential equation, etc,etc,etc, and what have u, smart guy.
Ah! The world world have been a better place today.

Today, human would not have been growing old again, we would not have been falling sick again. Yes! We would not have been DYING again. Great.

The idear thet all sicknesses is as a result of sin, that satan and the demon are the originator is baseless.

Less i 4get, his audience were highly science oriented, he should have explain in terms of bacterial and virus and they would have all been able to relate with it and our ancient perant would have made sens of his teaching in the bible.

He was wrong for seeing the aspect of the demons. The demons are dumb u know? They dont know anything about viruses and genetics and how to possibly use it against humans.
4give him then, since he did not know what he was saying.
How great u are

Meanwhile, cant and have not seen where Jesus said in the bible that he is almighty God.
Re: Why Even Bother With These Atheists? by thehomer: 10:46am On Jul 14, 2012
FXKing2012: Atheists make up only about 3% of world population, any smart person shld know that the 3% could not be smarter and wiser than the 97% who believe in some form of God or spiritual realm. It only takes a little bit of common sense to know this.

Who told you that 3% of people cannot be wiser than 97%?
Do you actually think that believing in some God somehow makes you wiser?
Re: Why Even Bother With These Atheists? by FXKing2012(m): 4:59pm On Jul 14, 2012
thehomer:

Who told you that 3% of people cannot be wiser than 97%?
Do you actually think that believing in some God somehow makes you wiser?

I believe it is not only foolish but extremely shallow not to believe in God or the spirit realm.
Re: Why Even Bother With These Atheists? by Delafruita(m): 5:52pm On Jul 14, 2012
FXKing2012:

I believe it is not only foolish but extremely shallow not to believe in God or the spirit realm.
just like it is exxtremely foolish and shallow to believe the bible if god's word when the bible itself provides evidence to the contrary
Re: Why Even Bother With These Atheists? by tEsLim(m): 6:26pm On Jul 14, 2012
Didn't your bible tell you the way to peace and all the enjoyment is narrow? Thats why we atheist aren't that much. Only few are chosen. smiley The way is really narrow.

Re: Why Even Bother With These Atheists? by FXKing2012(m): 9:44pm On Jul 14, 2012
Delafruita:
just like it is exxtremely foolish and shallow to believe the bible if god's word when the bible itself provides evidence to the contrary

Truthfully, I'm kinda tired of hearing u rant about evidence without showing us any. Pls show me evidence of watever it is u believe sef.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

What Is The Acceptable Mourning Period For Christians? / The Problem With Moderate Atheists / Omega Power Ministry And The Use Of Coconut As Holy Communion

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57