Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,277 members, 7,811,822 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:22 PM

Why Even Bother With These Atheists? - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Even Bother With These Atheists? (7106 Views)

Unbeliever Why Bother Be Good? / Where Are These ATHEISTS? / Reasons Why You Should Not Bother To Read The Quran! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Even Bother With These Atheists? by Ishilove: 9:29am On Jul 18, 2012
FXKing2012: Ishilove dear, hope u got the message I sent to your email box.
Yes I did. Didn't you get my reply
Re: Why Even Bother With These Atheists? by MrAnony1(m): 9:30am On Jul 18, 2012
cyrexx:

i agree with you, bro, not just a stupid thread that the moderators should have closed down but stupidly funny, the kind where you unwind with some laughter.

these are what you get when a christian who vows not to bother with the atheists anymore but cant open any thread without addressing the atheists and then under the influence of imaginary fantasy cyber "love" and some testosterone chemicals running in his hot blood, he not only derails this thread but shows that his character is not at all different from those they proclaimed will go to hell fire.
Just like i said earlier, christians are not better at all from other fornicators, liars, thieves, swindlers, abusers, cursers, foul-mouthed deceivers, they are just better at pretending. Q.E.D.
So what is the difference between believers and non-believers.
The same ugly character, but one erroneously believe he will go to "heaven" and condemn others with similar character to "hell".

Now this got me laughing in 7 major nigerian languages.

fx king of mumu and his new girlfriends, open your mouth wide again and spill more christian bullshit out of your "holy heart", who knows, maybe your god enjoys when you fight his battles dirty for him...

Hahahahahahahahahaha

How stereotypical of you.
Re: Why Even Bother With These Atheists? by Idowuogbo(f): 9:34am On Jul 18, 2012
cyrexx:

i agree with you, bro, not just a stupid thread that the moderators should have closed down but stupidly funny, the kind where you unwind with some laughter.

these are what you get when a christian who vows not to bother with the atheists anymore but cant open any thread without addressing the atheists and then under the influence of imaginary fantasy cyber "love" and some testosterone chemicals running in his hot blood, he not only derails this thread but shows that his character is not at all different from those they proclaimed will go to hell fire.
Just like i said earlier, christians are not better at all from other fornicators, liars, thieves, swindlers, abusers, cursers, foul-mouthed deceivers, they are just better at pretending. Q.E.D.
So what is the difference between believers and non-believers.
The same ugly character, but one erroneously believe he will go to "heaven" and condemn others with similar character to "hell".

Now this got me laughing in 7 major nigerian languages.

fx king of mumu and his new girlfriends, open your mouth wide again and spill more christian bullshit out of your "holy heart", who knows, maybe your god enjoys when you fight his battles dirty for him...

Hahahahahahahahahaha
Typical! Quoting indirectly as always....

I mostly only reply directs.

Be brave! Come on! U can do it!
Re: Why Even Bother With These Atheists? by cyrexx: 10:15am On Jul 18, 2012
Aye seconded,
abeg, who am i to stand in the way of love if it is true and genuine. Isn't it love and happiness we all wish for. Fxking2012 and ishilove, pls carry on with your love. If we disagree on every other issues, at least we agree on this one and i am truly happy for this happy ending of an action-packed thread.
I wish you all the best

@mr anony,
wetin i do again now, the stereotypical man calling another person stereotypical. But lets leave this issue for another thread and jointly applaud these two lovebirds
LOLzz
Re: Why Even Bother With These Atheists? by Ishilove: 10:15am On Jul 18, 2012
Mr_Anony:

And all this romance started because a username said it was a full blooded female to an obviously full blooded male username.

Lwkmd!!!!

Now THIS post just made my morning cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Why Even Bother With These Atheists? by Ishilove: 10:17am On Jul 18, 2012
cyrexx: Aye seconded,
abeg, who am i to stand in the way of love if it is true and genuine. Isn't it love and happiness we all wish for. Fxking2012 and ishilove, pls carry on with your love. If we disagree on every other issues, at least we agree on this one and i am truly happy for this happy ending of an action-packed thread.
I wish you all the best

@mr anony,
wetin i do again now, the stereotypical man calling another person stereotypical. But lets leave this issue for another thread and jointly applaud these two lovebirds
LOLzz
What da?

Lmao!

You folks just don't get it, do ya? cheesy
Re: Why Even Bother With These Atheists? by FXKing2012(m): 10:27am On Jul 18, 2012
Mr_Anony:

Abeg make una carry go jor. No mind dem, na jelosi go kill all of dem.

Match made in heaven Nairaland.

Truthfully, na u jelosi wan kill.

1 Like

Re: Why Even Bother With These Atheists? by cyrexx: 10:32am On Jul 18, 2012
Oops, double post
Re: Why Even Bother With These Atheists? by cyrexx: 10:34am On Jul 18, 2012
Ishilove:
What da?

Lmao!

You folks just don't get it, do ya? cheesy

maybe we dont get everything, but what we get is that religion divides us humans and love unites us all.

3 Likes

Re: Why Even Bother With These Atheists? by FXKing2012(m): 10:36am On Jul 18, 2012
Ishilove:

I'll check right away dear.
Re: Why Even Bother With These Atheists? by FXKing2012(m): 11:13am On Jul 18, 2012
Ishilove:

I've seen it and I've added u on FB. Watz more, we have 2 mutual friends!
Re: Why Even Bother With These Atheists? by Ishilove: 5:21pm On Jul 18, 2012
FXKing2012:

I've seen it and I've added u on FB. Watz more, we have 2 mutual friends!
They are prolly NLers smiley
Re: Why Even Bother With These Atheists? by ezicat: 11:01pm On Jul 18, 2012
Sarcasm - the refuge of those who can't respond directly to an argument.

You know what - Jesus should have; after all, one can argue that the mindset of the created is due to the environment left them by the Creator. Would the people of those times have been so primitive if the prophets had taught them otherwise - I mean we are talking about God; the creature who (allegedly) created the entire universe. You would think that teaching the only sentient beings on this planet the way the planet worked would have assited them greatly in making a home for themselve here. I mean, loving fathers don't let their children into the world without giving them the necessary tools (so why would God have done that to early humans if he is as the Christians say he is?)

Or maybe it's all part of the punishment from the curse of Eve...Hmm. Speaking of Eve leads us to Eden. Where is Eden? I seem to recall very specific descriptions of this paradise on earth with a river border here and a river border there. I remember the shock I felt as a child when I finally understood that Eden is supposed to be here on earth. Maybe it's been engulfed by mountains or its under the sea or something because I think every corner of the globe (on the surface anyway) has been explored by man - I haven't yet heard of any place being blocked by two angels with swords. Or maybe it's in another dimension...like, the spirit world or something. The Bible didn't say anything about that though - Adam and Eve appeared to be flesh and blood.

Nah - Eden was probably just a metaphor. So....where do the metaphors stop and reality start? OMG Maybe heaven is just a metaphor. Hmmmmm

Something else I've trying to find - the descendants of was it Ham? The guy that looked upon his father's unclothedness. One little thing to warrant a curse of eternal slavery, don't you think? Although some theologists have said that "unclothedness" doesn't quite mean nudity. Anyhoo, where are his descendents - they are supposed to have a mark on them that makes them easily recognizable as destined by God for enslavement. Some say that the mark is darkness of skin (at least that's what people thought back in the day). Egad! Would that mean the Bible has condemned us, blacks, to slavery?

Walking away.

truthislight:

yea, i see. U are so right.
Jesus should simply have left this God thing and educated the primitive generation about bacteria, viruses, mental health, gynacology, spercial relativity(physic), chem, bio, startistics, automobile, rocket science, higgs bosons, lablace trasform, fourier series, transidential equation, etc,etc,etc, and what have u, smart guy.
Ah! The world world have been a better place today.

Today, human would not have been growing old again, we would not have been falling sick again. Yes! We would not have been DYING again. Great.

The idear thet all sicknesses is as a result of sin, that satan and the demon are the originator is baseless.

Less i 4get, his audience were highly science oriented, he should have explain in terms of bacterial and virus and they would have all been able to relate with it and our ancient perant would have made sens of his teaching in the bible.

He was wrong for seeing the aspect of the demons. The demons are dumb u know? They dont know anything about viruses and genetics and how to possibly use it against humans.
4give him then, since he did not know what he was saying.
How great u are

Meanwhile, cant and have not seen where Jesus said in the bible that he is almighty God.
Re: Why Even Bother With These Atheists? by truthislight: 12:35am On Jul 19, 2012
ezicat: Sarcasm - the refuge of those who can't respond directly to an argument.

You know what - Jesus should have; after all, one can argue that the mindset of the created is due to the environment left them by the Creator. Would the people of those times have been so primitive if the prophets had taught them otherwise - I mean we are talking about God; the creature who (allegedly) created the entire universe. You would think that teaching the only sentient beings on this planet the way the planet worked would have assited them greatly in making a home for themselve here. I mean, loving fathers don't let their children into the world without giving them the necessary tools (so why would God have done that to early humans if he is as the Christians say he is?)

Or maybe it's all part of the punishment from the curse of Eve...Hmm. Speaking of Eve leads us to Eden. Where is Eden? I seem to recall very specific descriptions of this paradise on earth with a river border here and a river border there. I remember the shock I felt as a child when I finally understood that Eden is supposed to be here on earth. Maybe it's been engulfed by mountains or its under the sea or something because I think every corner of the globe (on the surface anyway) has been explored by man - I haven't yet heard of any place being blocked by two angels with swords. Or maybe it's in another dimension...like, the spirit world or something. The Bible didn't say anything about that though - Adam and Eve appeared to be flesh and blood.

Nah - Eden was probably just a metaphor. So....where do the metaphors stop and reality start? OMG Maybe heaven is just a metaphor. Hmmmmm

Something else I've trying to find - the descendants of was it Ham? The guy that looked upon his father's unclothedness. One little thing to warrant a curse of eternal slavery, don't you think? Although some theologists have said that "unclothedness" doesn't quite mean nudity. Anyhoo, where are his descendents - they are supposed to have a mark on them that makes them easily recognizable as destined by God for enslavement. Some say that the mark is darkness of skin (at least that's what people thought back in the day). Egad! Would that mean the Bible has condemned us, blacks, to slavery?

Walking away.

from all indication u are a very wise guy, and i think that for a smart guy like u all u need to fixe in ur life u have fixe it.

Well, i will be very surprise if you should have limitations, cus i know that death is a very big handicap to human and a very big problem.

Have u ever imagine if guys like Isaac Newton, Faraday, lablace, einstein,etc. Are around that they would have had oppurtunity to contribute the more to humanity?
Well, death is our Greatest problem.
So we have lost them in death.

Ah! This is what the bible is all about, removing death.
But that is not a problem to you.

That is why U are hear telling me that Jesus should have taken time off to teach sciences.

Well, since death is not a problem to u, i then should hope that u will not die. Because if u should, then u are a disapointment to humanity.
And anyday u complain about the lost of someone since death is not a seriouse issue to u like it was to christ, then that day is the day u should know how delusional u are.

Pride, one of the deadly sin.
Re: Why Even Bother With These Atheists? by Nobody: 3:12am On Jul 19, 2012
ur kind of truthisdarkness...

in the realms of crap, ur last post reigns supreme..
Re: Why Even Bother With These Atheists? by Jenwitemi(m): 7:34am On Jul 19, 2012
You bother about them because you can't do without them. Simples.
FXKing2012: Why do we even bother trying to convince these atheists that there is a God or a spirit realm when they make up only about 3% of world population. In social sciences, anything below 5% is considered insignificant, so why expend so much effort and energy arguing with them? They ask stupid questions thinking they are smart as if the 3% are wiser and smarter than the 97% who believe in a higher being or the spirit realm.
So, really, why do we even care?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_atheism

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atheism
Re: Why Even Bother With These Atheists? by cyrexx: 8:05am On Jul 19, 2012
Sir Jenwitemi,
where have you been.
Its been weeks we've heard from you. I really miss you and your insightful posts.
I hope all is well.
Take care.
Re: Why Even Bother With These Atheists? by truthislight: 9:01am On Jul 19, 2012
musKeeto: ur kind of truthisdarkness...

in the realms of crap, ur last post reigns supreme..

I have come to know that people problem are relative.

So, u should 4give me if what i consider a problem to humanity is not so.

While some of us will die some day, i know u will never die.
Wishing you well on you eternal life sojourn.
Peace

1 Like

Re: Why Even Bother With These Atheists? by Jenwitemi(m): 9:11am On Jul 19, 2012
Hey, cyrexx. Thanks for asking after moi. Been working on some personal project of mine that took my appetite of contribution briefly away. But i am back now. How body? smiley
cyrexx: Sir Jenwitemi,
where have you been.
Its been weeks we've heard from you. I really miss you and your insightful posts.
I hope all is well.
Take care.
Re: Why Even Bother With These Atheists? by FXKing2012(m): 9:15am On Jul 19, 2012
Re: Why Even Bother With These Atheists? by ezicat: 4:59pm On Jul 22, 2012
Again, not addressing any of my reasonings directly, but you can't can you? because our positions are mutually exclusive; Christians believe because they are told to and their minds take care of the rest; Atheists challenge, question and reason.

Anyway,

You're funny.

Christianity eradicates death? That's news to me. We all die - Christian or not. Last time I checked, if the world is as Christianity says it is - heaven eradicates earth and all we do here is futile as there is already a place prepared for all of us with everything we could ever want (well, those of us that deserve to go up there).

Christianity tells us we live after death - not that we never die. Our consciousness lives on, allegedly, although most of us will be burning in hell grin Hey, let's not pretend otherwise. Even the Bible says that many are called, few are chosen. So, that's that, whether we like it or not.

And since we've already established that the fast majority of Christians, if not all (based on experience), lack the divine, I guess I'll see you all in HELL. There we'll have forever to chat about this. Lol. Peace out! I'm done with this thread.

Oh, PS, the only way I'll be a dissapointment to humanity (before I die, because everyone's time is finite, WHETHER YOU LIKE IT OR NOT!) is to do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about humanities condition. So what are you doing, Christian, to help humanities' condition? I'm pulling the resources together to build a rain harvester in the village square (so that access to clean water isn't such a huge headache), then I'll work on how best to increase wealth and security in the village by assisting with transportation of our local goods to the major markets in Aba while Christians build large houses and donate to the church (because churches need to be built large and expensive before God shows up, I guess?). At least that's the plan, I'll need someone on the ground to execute it since I live abroad.

And you know what's most ironic? My predominantly Catholic village will probably view my actions initially with suspicion because such selfless acts are few and far between. Wow!

What are you doing?

truthislight:

from all indication u are a very wise guy, and i think that for a smart guy like u all u need to fixe in ur life u have fixe it.

Well, i will be very surprise if you should have limitations, cus i know that death is a very big handicap to human and a very big problem.

Have u ever imagine if guys like Isaac Newton, Faraday, lablace, einstein,etc. Are around that they would have had oppurtunity to contribute the more to humanity?
Well, death is our Greatest problem.
So we have lost them in death.

Ah! This is what the bible is all about, removing death.
But that is not a problem to you.

That is why U are hear telling me that Jesus should have taken time off to teach sciences.

Well, since death is not a problem to u, i then should hope that u will not die. Because if u should, then u are a disapointment to humanity.
And anyday u complain about the lost of someone since death is not a seriouse issue to u like it was to christ, then that day is the day u should know how delusional u are.

Pride, one of the deadly sin.
Re: Why Even Bother With These Atheists? by ezicat: 5:16pm On Jul 22, 2012
Oh, PPS, I also work in a field of science with a focus on converting waste to useful energy and harmless by-products - to help with earth's energy needs and reduce pollution (so that we're not slowly poisoning our dear planet and therefore ourselves), and when I'm gone, someone in the next generation can take up the burden (that's why we procreate; so that indirectly we do live forever, our works carried on by those that come afterwards).

The only "religion" worth pursuing is the one that has the Golden rule as its first commandment.
Re: Why Even Bother With These Atheists? by truthislight: 9:55pm On Jul 22, 2012
ezicat: Again, not addressing any of my reasonings directly, but you can't can you? because our positions are mutually exclusive; Christians believe because they are told to and their minds take care of the rest; Atheists challenge, question and reason.

Anyway,

You're funny.

Christianity eradicates death? That's news to me. We all die - Christian or not. Last time I checked, if the world is as Christianity says it is - heaven eradicates earth and all we do here is futile as there is already a place prepared for all of us with everything we could ever want (well, those of us that deserve to go up there).

Christianity tells us we live after death - not that we never die. Our consciousness lives on, allegedly, although most of us will be burning in hell grin Hey, let's not pretend otherwise. Even the Bible says that many are called, few are chosen. So, that's that, whether we like it or not.

And since we've already established that the fast majority of Christians, if not all (based on experience), lack the divine, I guess I'll see you all in HELL. There we'll have forever to chat about this. Lol. Peace out! I'm done with this thread.

Oh, PS, the only way I'll be a dissapointment to humanity (before I die, because everyone's time is finite, WHETHER YOU LIKE IT OR NOT!) is to do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about humanities condition. So what are you doing, Christian, to help humanities' condition? I'm pulling the resources together to build a rain harvester in the village square (so that access to clean water isn't such a huge headache), then I'll work on how best to increase wealth and security in the village by assisting with transportation of our local goods to the major markets in Aba while Christians build large houses and donate to the church (because churches need to be built large and expensive before God shows up, I guess?). At least that's the plan, I'll need someone on the ground to execute it since I live abroad.

And you know what's most ironic? My predominantly Catholic village will probably view my actions initially with suspicion because such selfless acts are few and far between. Wow!

What are you doing?

I feel u are not a bad guy anyway,
I thing u have been scared by the exploitation prevalent in this business centers call churches all over.

The problem is that the churches have 4gotten the primary essence that made Jesus to come to the earth in the first place, being:
"Thy kingdom come, as it is in heaven also upon earth". The lords prayer matt 6:9,10.
Angel dont die, so, when earth is like heaven, what do u think?

That is what the bible is all
about.
That a paradise was lost in Genesis and a paradis restored in revelation. Revelation 21:1 to 4.
Yes, dead will be no more here on earth as the condition were suppose to be in the first place in eden.
Have there been dead in heaven befor? No.
The reference is to the earth as in the lords prayer, "thy kingdom come".

Also. Consider.
Matt 5:3 and 5
Psalm 37:9,10,11 and 29.
From this it is and more it is clear what the bible msg is.

Definitely not prosperity but restoration of eternal life to man, which is what Adam lost and what God said he will loose if he disobeyed in eden.

I have seen how short this life is and that is one thing that eludes human but that is where God and the bible comes in and that was Jesus interest.

Again, torment in eternity in fair is not a bible base teaching.
Moslem that teacher eternal torment also do the carry the bible? No.

I have learned this much by discussing with Jehovah's witnesses.
Peace.
Re: Why Even Bother With These Atheists? by Nobody: 8:38am On Jul 23, 2012
truthislight:

I have come to know that people problem are relative.

So, u should 4give me if what i consider a problem to humanity is not so.

While some of us will die some day, i know u will never die.
Wishing you well on you eternal life sojourn.
Peace
You know I will never die? Lmao... what makes me human... Christians are the ones who believe they will never die...
Eternal life indeed...
Re: Why Even Bother With These Atheists? by truthislight: 10:00am On Jul 23, 2012
musKeeto:
You know I will never die? Lmao... what makes me human... Christians are the ones who believe they will never die...
Eternal life indeed...

I know with what is being taught in the churches today the essential essence of christianity is being covered in mud.
I use to personally get so confuse,
But i decided to consider the bible myself and not on hear say.
Infact, if u can just consider those few bible portion the sense u will get is different from all this fancy u see all over.
Seeing it does not change who u are, but like a judge it allows u to see things from all angles.
Peace.
Re: Why Even Bother With These Atheists? by FXKing2012(m): 10:13am On Jul 23, 2012
Pls stop the stupidity.
Re: Why Even Bother With These Atheists? by truthislight: 11:07am On Jul 23, 2012
FXKing2012: Pls stop the stupidity.
I never knew the bible is stupid?
Thanks for informing me.
Peace
Re: Why Even Bother With These Atheists? by FXKing2012(m): 11:46am On Jul 23, 2012
truthislight:
I never knew the bible is stupid?
Thanks for informing me.
Peace

I'm sure I wasnt referring to u.
Re: Why Even Bother With These Atheists? by truthislight: 12:35pm On Jul 23, 2012
FXKing2012:

I'm sure I wasnt referring to u.
O!
Sorry then.
Its a public forum, to avoid this lets pls identify who we are replying.
Thanks.
Re: Why Even Bother With These Atheists? by Nobody: 3:02pm On Jul 23, 2012
truthislight:
O!
Sorry then.
Its a public forum, to avoid this lets pls identify who we are replying.
Thanks.
Seconded..

truthislight:

I know with what is being taught in the churches today the essential essence of christianity is being covered in mud.
I use to personally get so confuse,
But i decided to consider the bible myself and not on hear say.
Infact, if u can just consider those few bible portion the sense u will get is different from all this fancy u see all over.
Seeing it does n[b]ot change who u are, but like a judge it allows u to see things from all angles. [/b]
Peace.
It's IGNORANT to claim to see things from all angles, if you haven't dropped your Bible and taken a good extrospective look at religion as a whole...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

What Would Have Happened To Mankind If Adam Did Not Eat The Apple? / What Is The Acceptable Mourning Period For Christians? / The Problem With Moderate Atheists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.