Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,754 members, 7,827,787 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:01 PM

Group To Declare State Of Biafra Republic On Nov 5 - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Group To Declare State Of Biafra Republic On Nov 5 (28573 Views)

Police Declare State Of Emergency In Kaduna / Declare State Of Emergency In Rivers State – Adesanya To Buhari / Itsekiri Nation Disowns Calls For Creation Of Biafra Republic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Group To Declare State Of Biafra Republic On Nov 5 by Nobody: 9:02am On Jul 11, 2012
Why Biafra, the name should Niger Delta Republic grin
Re: Group To Declare State Of Biafra Republic On Nov 5 by olatomiwa(f): 9:02am On Jul 11, 2012
Stupid noise makers. Did it occur to them that they do not need to make a declaration before recalling all their people from the North? No strategy! Recall your people from north and south west. Advice them to relocate their businesses, instead of making declarations that will make a lot of people loose their lives and properties. Msheeew!
Re: Group To Declare State Of Biafra Republic On Nov 5 by nanidee(f): 9:03am On Jul 11, 2012
Okija_juju: @ Topic..

The gods did not sanction this move... It will surely fail..

I advice all the good people of Igbo land to stay away from the path of these BZM people.. They are the proverbial 'man whom the gods want kill, they first make mad'..

Be warned, if they do not desist from this action, there shall be blood.. And the blood shall be ours..

The gods have spoken...

What is this? shocked
Re: Group To Declare State Of Biafra Republic On Nov 5 by Afam4eva(m): 9:03am On Jul 11, 2012
gegee: Make them leave ijaw territories out of this 1 o wats d use of exchanging ur minority status in nigeria for a minority status in biafra
You can remain a minority in Nigeria. Who cares about you anyway. Drink your fuel and smoke a stick of cigarette to celebrate your minority status.
Re: Group To Declare State Of Biafra Republic On Nov 5 by Nobody: 9:04am On Jul 11, 2012
gegee: Make them leave ijaw territories out of this 1 o wats d use of exchanging ur minority status in nigeria for a minority status in biafra

ROFLMAO. . . .Isaac boro never supported biafra because of what you just said.In a biafran state,ibos will dominate while other minorities will bow to thm.You wont want another sudan/south sudan palava out of your biafra right ?

1 Like

Re: Group To Declare State Of Biafra Republic On Nov 5 by aljharem(m): 9:05am On Jul 11, 2012
dannysoya: LOL this s a complete joke. A landlocked country that will have to deal with Boko Haram on their own. FYI just because you want to declare a country does not mean that the physical land is now automatically separated from everyone else.

Secondly, you're going to have to start from scratch forming a new government, drafting a new constitution. You can sure that there will be a lot of infighting and you are doing ALL THIS while bothering about the threat of Boko Haram.

Finally, I am not so sure that many countries will recognize the republic of Biafra. Only four countries recognized the "republic" the last time they tried this nonsense. The big boys are also dealing with separatism in their countries ( UK is dealing with Scotland, US is dealing with Alaska, Canada is dealing with Quebec, China is dealing with Tibet, Russia is dealing with Chechnya). If they recognize your country it will mean that they are supporting separatism and will start up a shitstorm in their respective countries. I urge you to think twice before trying this. It is most likely that this will not end well.

We are all in this together. We do not hate the igbos (like most of them like to think). Trying to run away will do you NO FAVOURS. It will just compound your problem. Let us fight Boko Haram together.

wisdom indeed is rare but Allah has given you that in abundance. Very good post
Re: Group To Declare State Of Biafra Republic On Nov 5 by HighChief4(m): 9:06am On Jul 11, 2012
I really dont know how true this story is, but if they have been doing their homework very well for the past 13years, then with the happenings in the Northern Nigeria and the killing spree, it will make it easier to actualize Biafra Republic. Biafra is one thing that must come to be someday and I am certain its very soon. Long Live Republic of Biafra!!!!
Re: Group To Declare State Of Biafra Republic On Nov 5 by Afam4eva(m): 9:06am On Jul 11, 2012
~Bluetooth:

If ibos are migratory in nature,how can a majority of them still live in iboland ? Have you conduct a census to prove otherwise ?
If majority of Igbos were outside Igboland, then places like lagos would have had more Igbos than Yorubas but that is not the case. That you see millions of people in places like Lagos, Kano, Kaduna etc does not mean people have finished in Igboland. I guess you won't know because you've never left the SW.
Re: Group To Declare State Of Biafra Republic On Nov 5 by Nobody: 9:07am On Jul 11, 2012
afam4eva:
You can remain a minority in Nigeria. Who cares about you anyway. Drink your fuel and smoke a stick of cigarette to celebrate your minority status.

You are getting angry at the owner of the resources already ?
Re: Group To Declare State Of Biafra Republic On Nov 5 by Inyinese(m): 9:07am On Jul 11, 2012
let see if that can work, we need biafra so eager to her.
Re: Group To Declare State Of Biafra Republic On Nov 5 by Rhino5dm: 9:10am On Jul 11, 2012
Stop smoking crack! Everybody must hansa im papa name. The very moment we achieve our odua republic, the very moment we kick out parasites from our country.

Tribal marks, 3/4 trouser or changing Obi to Oba won't save you either.

afam4eva:
Majority of Igbos live in Igboland so, stop the delusion.

Of course a referendum will be conducted and i hope it's not rigged.
Re: Group To Declare State Of Biafra Republic On Nov 5 by Nobody: 9:10am On Jul 11, 2012
afam4eva:
If majority of Igbos were outside Igboland, then places like lagos would have had more Igbos than Yorubas but that is not the case. That you see millions of people in places like Lagos, Kano, Kaduna etc does not mean people have finished in Igboland. I guess you won't know because you've never left the SW.

What is the population of ibos in iboland and outside iboland ? If ibos have an average of 500 000 ibos per state of the federation,will the population of those in iboland still surpass those outside ?
Re: Group To Declare State Of Biafra Republic On Nov 5 by nanidee(f): 9:11am On Jul 11, 2012
High_Chief: I really dont know how true this story is, but if they have been doing their homework very well for the past 13years, then with the happenings in the Northern Nigeria and the killing spree, it will make it easier to actualize Biafra Republic. Biafra is one thing that must come to be someday and I am certain its very soon. Long Live Republic of Biafra!!!!

Long live Biafra. . . The land of the rising sun cheesy
Re: Group To Declare State Of Biafra Republic On Nov 5 by Afam4eva(m): 9:14am On Jul 11, 2012
~Bluetooth:

ROFLMAO. . . .Isaac boro never supported biafra because of what you just said.In a biafran state,ibos will dominate while other minorities will bow to thm.You wont want another sudan/south sudan palava out of your biafra right ?
I think the notion that Ijaws will become a majority if they joined biafra is very stup1d. How can you be a majority when you're over-out-numbered. Is the majority and minority status not based on population again? If the Ijaws are majorities then the Efik/Ibibios and other minority group too will be majorities. Na waoo
Re: Group To Declare State Of Biafra Republic On Nov 5 by HighChief4(m): 9:14am On Jul 11, 2012
nanidee:

Long live Biafra. . . The land of the rising sun cheesy

Yes oh, a country that in 3years achieved so many unprecedented feats. The future is very bright
Re: Group To Declare State Of Biafra Republic On Nov 5 by Afam4eva(m): 9:16am On Jul 11, 2012
~Bluetooth:

You are getting angry at the owner of the resources already ?
Fvck the reources and fvck oil. isn't that what has made almost every politician and power broker thieves?
Re: Group To Declare State Of Biafra Republic On Nov 5 by edicolove: 9:16am On Jul 11, 2012
This is what our heroes thought!

2 Likes

Re: Group To Declare State Of Biafra Republic On Nov 5 by chrisxxx(m): 9:16am On Jul 11, 2012
No need of declaring a republic. Leave it in the hands of BH extremists. They will do it for you. But a food for thought would you leave South-South out of this?
Re: Group To Declare State Of Biafra Republic On Nov 5 by Okijajuju1(m): 9:17am On Jul 11, 2012
~Bluetooth:

Which of the gods ? Amadioha ? grin

The gods of my father and gis fathers before him...

The world is currently a volatile place... Nigeria is sitting on a keg of gun powder right next to a drum of petrol..

With Boko Haram on the lose, the government as it is cannot afford to let another uprising crop up..

These BZM people will be such easy targets for the revenge hungry Nigerian Army..

Such an act (if its big enough to get the attention of the federal government) can and will be considered an act of terrorism and rightly so.. Plus, Jonathan cannot afford to have another dissident group on his hands..

The gods of Igboland frown upon this action and have warned them that they cease and desist..

The blood of our people from 1967 is yet to dry.. We dont need more bloodshed..
Re: Group To Declare State Of Biafra Republic On Nov 5 by oncode1: 9:18am On Jul 11, 2012
This might sound stupid or whatever but here it is.

Few days ago I was watching a movie titled " CONTRACT KILLER" sterring JET LI..in the first scene, the contract killer was hired to kill a prominent Japanese before He got to him, He (the Japanese that is to be killed) was watching a war video with two of his ladies and the following conversation erupted between him and one of his girls, read.

Girl: Why do you watch this old war films
Japanese Man: I remember the wars that was lost and dream of the war to be won by THE LAND OF THE RISING SUN.

If you doubt me, go to youtube and click CONTRACT KILLER, just watch the first 10 minutes and you will hear yourself. this war is ineveitable.

In as much as I want to see MY BELOVED LAND OF THE RISING SUN, I want to see it in laughter and joy and happiness, rather than in blood, sorrows and weeping, but if it is blood, sorrows and weeping that it needs to RISE...................................BLOOD IT IS and LET ALL THE GLORY BE TO GOD.

Re: Group To Declare State Of Biafra Republic On Nov 5 by HighChief4(m): 9:18am On Jul 11, 2012
afam4eva:
I think the notion that Ijaws will become a majority if they joined biafra is very stup1d. How can you be a majority when you're over-out-numbered. Is the majority and minority status not based on population again? If the Ijaws are majorities then the Efik/Ibibios and other minority group too will be majorities. Na waoo

Nwanne why are you wasting your time on these people. Not everybody is privileged to access and make use of their brains, some need username and password to access their brains. No matter how much you try to explain to them, their bigotry will never allow them see sense in what you are trying to tell them. Anybody still argue with Bluetooth these days?

2 Likes

Re: Group To Declare State Of Biafra Republic On Nov 5 by Inyinese(m): 9:18am On Jul 11, 2012
let see if it can work, yes we need real biafra not medium or t-shart decleration.
Re: Group To Declare State Of Biafra Republic On Nov 5 by Afam4eva(m): 9:18am On Jul 11, 2012
chrisxxx: No need of declaring a republic. Leave it in the hands of BH extremists. They will do it for you. But a food for thought would you leave South-South out of this?
South-south is a multi ethnic enclave, so don't act like they all speak the same language. There are Igbos in south-south and we will fight that they be included in the new country except the refuse. We also have an ally in Efik/Ibibios but we won't force anybody. It's there decision to make.

1 Like

Re: Group To Declare State Of Biafra Republic On Nov 5 by FXKing2012(m): 9:18am On Jul 11, 2012
Biafra can not be land-locked cos Rivers, Cross River, Akwa Ibom and all the other south-south states will join us. We'll become like Brunei or even Qatar in terms of wealth.

1 Like

Re: Group To Declare State Of Biafra Republic On Nov 5 by Okijajuju1(m): 9:19am On Jul 11, 2012
nanidee:

What is this? shocked

A message from the gods

2 Likes

Re: Group To Declare State Of Biafra Republic On Nov 5 by Nobody: 9:19am On Jul 11, 2012
afam4eva:

The fact remains that the minority owns the resources and ibos being a majority simply because they have the population will put the owners of the resources in jeopardy cuz ibos are going to oppress them !
Re: Group To Declare State Of Biafra Republic On Nov 5 by Nobody: 9:21am On Jul 11, 2012
afam4eva:
Fvck the reources and fvck oil. isn't that what has made almost every politician and power broker thieves?

We can as well deduce that biafra is being motivated because of the oil in the minority areas ! Didnt oju-iku fight the war with oyel money ?
Re: Group To Declare State Of Biafra Republic On Nov 5 by Afam4eva(m): 9:21am On Jul 11, 2012
~Bluetooth:

The fact remains that the minority owns the resources and ibos being a majority simply because they have the population will put the owners of the resources in jeopardy cuz ibos are going to oppress them !
I understand their fears and i sympathize with them. But they have to understand that they will forever become minorities except they fight for an Ijaw only country. That's the only way that can have full access to their God-given resources.
Re: Group To Declare State Of Biafra Republic On Nov 5 by Afam4eva(m): 9:22am On Jul 11, 2012
FXKing2012: Biafra can not be land-locked cos Rivers, Cross River, Akwa Ibom and all the other south-south states will join us. We'll become like Brunei or even Qatar in terms of wealth.
Pls get south-south out of your mind. it will be their call to make.
Re: Group To Declare State Of Biafra Republic On Nov 5 by TechRev: 9:25am On Jul 11, 2012
Okija_juju:

A message from the gods

@Okija juju, and what did the gods tell you is the way forward?? What you just said is what any normal person could see. No president would like to have double insurgency at his hands depending if the BZM will be a violent movement.
Re: Group To Declare State Of Biafra Republic On Nov 5 by HighChief4(m): 9:26am On Jul 11, 2012
FXKing2012: Biafra can not be land-locked cos Rivers, Cross River, Akwa Ibom and all the other south-south states will join us. We'll become like Brunei or even Qatar in terms of wealth.

Left to me, I want a pure Igbo speaking country. But whoever wants to join us is free. God bless Biafra
Re: Group To Declare State Of Biafra Republic On Nov 5 by Okijajuju1(m): 9:28am On Jul 11, 2012

The south south will not join Biafra..

If you have ever dreamt of that, then you have failed already..

Again, this is not the right time for this.. We have to wait.. My problem with the Massobs and BZM types is that they are going to over-flog this issue until it loses it potency..

When Ojukwu sprung Biafra on Nigeria in 1967, Nigeria was taken by surprise.. He didnt clamour and clamour and clamour.. the plan was in the offing, kept under wraps and when he thought he had it all figured out, came out and drove it home to its bitter end.. These pro-biafra groups are turning what should be a serious affair into a joke.. And I hate it.. Our sons and daughters lost alot for the Biafran dream for it to be used by every Okechukwu, Nnamdi and Emeka to gain political relevance..

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Kidnapped Alwan Ali-Hassan Regains Freedom From Terrorists / Stop Creating Fake News On Social Media - Doyin Okupe Tells Obi's Supporters / Buhari Misunderstood King Charles — And Burns Nigeria On His Way Out - Kperogi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.