Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,614 members, 7,827,311 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:26 AM

Group To Declare State Of Biafra Republic On Nov 5 - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Group To Declare State Of Biafra Republic On Nov 5 (28572 Views)

Police Declare State Of Emergency In Kaduna / Declare State Of Emergency In Rivers State – Adesanya To Buhari / Itsekiri Nation Disowns Calls For Creation Of Biafra Republic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Group To Declare State Of Biafra Republic On Nov 5 by Okijajuju1(m): 9:59am On Jul 11, 2012
ACM10:

It is a crime against humanity to order a violent crackdown on a peaceful group. No international law can protect its offenders. Therefore the group can continue to exist so far they are law-abiding and peaceful.

Like I said, go tell that to the guys in Syria... As I was Typin, Assads troops just fhucked up another 'peaceful protester'..
Re: Group To Declare State Of Biafra Republic On Nov 5 by ebizsols(m): 9:59am On Jul 11, 2012
bia Afam nwannem biko hapu ndia, maka ha enweghi ògugu isi. As for those calling ala Igbo a landlocked nation, I find this rather funny, come to think of it most of them have never visited anywhere except their self styled belove lagos fyi ala Igbo is never landlocked as we have great potentials to be a strong marine nation if not for Nigerian Pull up down politics that have made it impossible to build a seaport at onitcha. This is so because they know the implication as this might be the death of lagos seaport. On the other hand Oguta an oil producing community in Imo state with a huge potentials of building a seaport via the lake linking it up with the atlantic is another option, but since we are in this stinking hole called nigeria all these becomes all most impossible. And even at that, we Igbos are very creative, industrious and innovative, even if we are landlocked as been speculated by some ignorant folks here who their myopic and jaundiced views have made them into hate drones programed solely for hating Ndi Igbo, we can always make good of our current situation if we can still survive pogrom and near annihalation to become one of the most successful group in Africa. Then we can.

1 Like

Re: Group To Declare State Of Biafra Republic On Nov 5 by Afam4eva(m): 10:00am On Jul 11, 2012
Okija_juju:

Like I said, go tell that to the guys in Syria... As I was Typin, Assads troops just fhucked up another 'peaceful protester'..
The situation in syria is a different one and should not be compared to ours. The Biafran group should just make sure they go through the right channels.
Re: Group To Declare State Of Biafra Republic On Nov 5 by RealMccoy2(m): 10:02am On Jul 11, 2012
~Bluetooth:

Nigeria police will take care of them. grin
Imagine a Yoruba Chameleon is giving advise on what step to take before declaring a Republic? You guys went cricket on the thread about a General that was killed in your own soil, bunch of coward and saboteurs that want one Nigeria for their own lazy benefit and the same time want to cause divides between ethnic groups in the old eastern region....
Re: Group To Declare State Of Biafra Republic On Nov 5 by levos2007(m): 10:02am On Jul 11, 2012
The yoruba's hold the key to the disintegration of Nigeria, but most Yoruba leaders are selfish.
Re: Group To Declare State Of Biafra Republic On Nov 5 by medotorres(m): 10:02am On Jul 11, 2012
i pity d igbo people make dem go north go do der fighting things oh make dem leave we d gentle ones i mean d yoruba ones ohhhhhhhh
Re: Group To Declare State Of Biafra Republic On Nov 5 by ACM10: 10:02am On Jul 11, 2012
Hoodrat: The day biafra brings out a reasonable evidence to back up their claim on why they deserve independence then shall they be taken serious, but all this excuse of killing of igbo brothers in the north is not enough evidence but self centred from a group of people with little or nothing to add to togetherness and development of a better Nigeria but to their greed . More than a thousands Yoruba and other ethnics group have also been killed by the northerners but they have never for once cry for independent but seek a lasting solution to the problem. Biafra I employ you to try to be honest on your hunger for independent then will you be taken serious and the world will bow down to your feet and welcome the new state of biafra but not when you are been self centred. I support biafra departing from nigeria because its obvious one love and one Nigeria is missing with so much hunger for violence by the northerners and hunger for independent by the easterners. Naija i hail thee.

Biafra does not necessarily have to bring out evidence why they have to be independent. They only have to bring the evidence that it is the wish of the people within its border to form a separate country. And that must be backed by a referendum. BTW, killing of one person is enough evidence.
Re: Group To Declare State Of Biafra Republic On Nov 5 by Idokojimmy: 10:02am On Jul 11, 2012
God help us, don't want any civil war again o!

1 Like

Re: Group To Declare State Of Biafra Republic On Nov 5 by Okijajuju1(m): 10:03am On Jul 11, 2012
afam4eva:
The situation in syria is a different one and should not be compared to ours. The Biafran group should just make sure they go through the right channels.

How different would it be?!

INFACT, It will be worse.. We can safely assume that in Syria, its a case of the entire country against the government.. Thats why the government finds it hard to label them 'a group of dissidents' like Gowon did Biafra in the sixties..

In our case, its one ethinic group (which now will even be smaller in mass than it was in the sixties) against the entire nation.. This will give the government leverage to crackdown heavily and crush the uprising..

Again, this is poorly thought out and does not have the blessings of the gods... Desist!!
Re: Group To Declare State Of Biafra Republic On Nov 5 by ACM10: 10:04am On Jul 11, 2012
Okija_juju:

You wanna substitute Assad from his hotseat?
Re: Group To Declare State Of Biafra Republic On Nov 5 by Nobody: 10:04am On Jul 11, 2012
Cleanman: hmmm...igbos dnt knw d overall implications of this..u would wish u have stayed in Nigeria(thats if ur separation works)..think,think think.

Shuut up, this evil happening in Nigeria has not reach you rite?, probably ur father is one of these criminal & corrupt ppl keeping nigeria together to steal more.
Re: Group To Declare State Of Biafra Republic On Nov 5 by noiseless: 10:05am On Jul 11, 2012
There is a thread opened where some hausa/fulani herdsmen murdered a Yoruba army general and seriously wounded some civilians, one would expect our Yoruba friends to be there and have some courage to show support for their murdered general's family but hell no! What if the hausa/fulanis become upset? there you have it! But mention Igbo/Biafra and all of them become an overnight SUPER MAN taunting LANDLOCKED IGBO this LANDLOCKED BIAFRA that, when there are many socalled landlocked african countries far much better than your island nigeria,talkless ALAIGBO/BIAFRA with the biggest river in nigeria that has it's feets on atlantic ocean.
Re: Group To Declare State Of Biafra Republic On Nov 5 by HighChief4(m): 10:07am On Jul 11, 2012
Wislet: some known groups in this country will always sit back while others walk the walk for them.
Always waiting for others to start something before they demand for their own rights.
Let that group get lost...whatever they call themselves..ZL whatever.
Igbos should never start anything again in this country. Let others do that.
Just stand back and watch.
Cunning people are watching like hawks for any other group to lead the way for them.
The war should have taught Igbos that the worst enemies are those in their backyard, crouching, waiting for any movements, seemingly behaving like kinsmen or harmless doves.
But their heart and the deceit in them is unbelievable.

All the groups either fight the terror in their land together, or else be dealt with.
But waiting cunningly for someone to do what everyone (sane people) in the country should be doing- which is, to breathe down the neck of the government for that SNC and demand that things be set right, else let everyone go their separate ways peacefully- is devious.

Be wise as serpents. Do not mind them encouraging you to start something- that is how they operate. Always sitting on the fence. Then if something starts, jumps down from the tree to join forces with the same people killing them-who care less if they exist.

Well said. +100000

2 Likes

Re: Group To Declare State Of Biafra Republic On Nov 5 by RealMccoy2(m): 10:08am On Jul 11, 2012
afam4eva:
Nwanne, Please stop educating Chameleons, these are same folks that will align themselves with Terrorist(Boko Haram) when the push comes to shove just to sabotage the dream of Niger Deltans. I doubt if these cowards have left their adopted comfort zone(Lagos) for any other State in Nigeria. Boko Haram is already thriving in the south west but trust a Yoruba man , he will pretend as if all is well meanwhile he has lost his penis to Fulani herdsmen.
Re: Group To Declare State Of Biafra Republic On Nov 5 by Nobody: 10:11am On Jul 11, 2012
When I read some comments of some tribal minded people here I just laugh out. We are not begging any people to join Biafra and when people talk of oil I comes to ask myself, how many Igbos are benefiting from oil?. When it comes to oil we have oil in igbo land, I mean untouched oil in igbo land, let me not go into details.

The comments of so many people from SS on NL makes me doubt if they are really from SS or hiding behind fake ID's cause wot I reads on NL is far different from what we were told in meetings.

Well I have also made it clear that I want an all igbo nation, though effective measures has been put in place to make sure the history of 66-67 doesn't repeat itself. I have always made it clear in every gathering that I don't like the idea of SS joining us to avoid betrayal well I gat some comments here to show next time to backup my claims.
Re: Group To Declare State Of Biafra Republic On Nov 5 by Babaji111(m): 10:12am On Jul 11, 2012
grin EASY GUYS! E no go do well this time. Make u no bite more than what u can chew. Abeg naija ppl let's pray for peace. Wahala will never solve our problems.
Re: Group To Declare State Of Biafra Republic On Nov 5 by Nobody: 10:16am On Jul 11, 2012
Why are the Yorubas always afraid of disintegration of Nigeria?? you see them defect whenever the issue of Biafra arises some of them even vow to fight for one nigeria, well, if you choose to harbor the hausa/fulani in the name of one-nigeria, plateau state should be a lesson to you.
@Republic of Biafra "Destiny can be delayed but never be traversed" only time will tell.
long live republic of Biafra....(the land of the rising sun)

1 Like

Re: Group To Declare State Of Biafra Republic On Nov 5 by Okijajuju1(m): 10:17am On Jul 11, 2012
Real-Mccoy:

Nwanne, Please stop educating Chameleons, these are same folks that will align themselves with Terrorist(Boko Haram) when the push comes to shove just to sabotage the dream of Niger Deltans. I doubt if these cowards have left their adopted comfort zone(Lagos) for any other State in Nigeria. Boko Haram is already thriving in the south west but trust a Yoruba man , he will pretend as if all is well meanwhile he has lost his penis to Fulani herdsmen.

What a fhucktard...

In the midst of brilliant arguements being traded back and forth all you could come up with is 'Chameleons'.. I take comfort in knowing that when a formidable line of attack is put together by the Brilliant minds that abound amongst the Igbos, we shall put dullards like you on the frontline.. Not because you are rambo, but because your kind have no place in the future we are building..

You will be one of the casulties of the Biafran Eugenics program.. We need only super beings in the new Igboland.. Unfortunaely you are not even up to a human let alone being super.. Fhucking Australopithecus Africanus..

2 Likes

Re: Group To Declare State Of Biafra Republic On Nov 5 by Nobody: 10:20am On Jul 11, 2012
There is no need for Biafra. Those who clamor for it do so because of greed to control oil resources. Although the struggle stem from the Igbos, no Igbo state is an Oil producing state, I stand corrected though. So there is need to carry other ethnic nationalities if the vision deserves review.

What I suggest is, we put all the energies geared towards "actualization" of Biafra into a quest for 100% taxable resource control and true Federalism as practiced in the USA, where States act like Independent countries. Giving economic powers and political powers to the States will decentralize power base from the Federal Government and make it less enticing to political jobbers. Its understandable that States that have no oil will fight against this, and the power brokers from "Oil-less" will put every impediments, but they need them to channel such energies into exploration of their natural resources; lead, Limestone, Butimen etc abound in this country. Apart from "natural" resources, tourism, ports, and taxations are other options for other states to harness funds for developments. There is no need for Biafra, but there is urgent need for Confederal System of governance.
Re: Group To Declare State Of Biafra Republic On Nov 5 by Nobody: 10:22am On Jul 11, 2012
ACM10:

How did that elaborate arrangement escape my attention? These are not nocturnal arrangements. It's something serious that can lead to violence if not well-planned.

I can't explain how the arrangement escaped your attention but I don't know if u re a insider. But trust me those arrangements are been made.
Re: Group To Declare State Of Biafra Republic On Nov 5 by Okijajuju1(m): 10:23am On Jul 11, 2012
gboss4sure:

I can't explain how the arrangement escaped your attention but I don't know if u re a insider. But trust me those arrangements are been made.

I really doubt they are, but then again, I might just be wrong..
Re: Group To Declare State Of Biafra Republic On Nov 5 by Nobody: 10:33am On Jul 11, 2012
Okija_juju:

I really doubt they are, but then again, I might just be wrong..

Bro, pour ice on ya head and chill. E be like say ur arusi no dey talk again
Re: Group To Declare State Of Biafra Republic On Nov 5 by RealMccoy2(m): 10:33am On Jul 11, 2012
[quote author=Okija_juju]

What a fhucktard...

In the midst of brilliant arguements being traded back and forth all you could come up with is 'Chameleons'.. I take comfort in knowing that when a formidable line of attack is put together by the Brilliant minds that abound amongst the Igbos, we shall put dullards like you on the frontline.. Not because you are rambo, but because your kind have no place in the future we are building..

You will be one of the casulties of the Biafran Eugenics program.. We need only super beings in the new Igboland.. Unfortunaely you are not even up to a human let alone being super.. Fhucking Australopithecus Africanus..[/quote
You sounded more like one of those Amala kids that occupy the backseat of their classroom, eating earthworms while their teacher is giving history lesson. Before Jumping the gun,have you read the comments that came out from your Ewedu brother's loud mouth called "bluetooth" or are you in a vegetative state not to understand what is going on around you before taking sides?
Re: Group To Declare State Of Biafra Republic On Nov 5 by Okijajuju1(m): 10:34am On Jul 11, 2012
^^^^^

I can wait for the war to start.. You are as good as dead.. grin

2 Likes

Re: Group To Declare State Of Biafra Republic On Nov 5 by Okijajuju1(m): 10:35am On Jul 11, 2012
gboss4sure:

Bro, pour ice on ya head and chill. E be like say ur arusi no dey talk again

Nwokem, Arusi ekwu si go!! Onye nwe nti, ya nu!
Re: Group To Declare State Of Biafra Republic On Nov 5 by Nobody: 10:36am On Jul 11, 2012
afam4eva:
Who told you that they were not part of it. Do you have the names of the people that have been doing the underground runs? if you do i'll like to seee their names. But i agree that a referendum be carried out.

was there any referendum before oju-iku declared biafra ? The idea of having Effiong as the VP was just a charade to debunk the perception that biafra was an ibo agenda.The likes of Boro would have fought for biafra if they were carried along in the decision making but alas,they werent.I'm sure this BZM is 100% ibo reminisce of biafra !
Re: Group To Declare State Of Biafra Republic On Nov 5 by jubigrat: 10:37am On Jul 11, 2012
I pray there are not building a castle on the air because many had shed their blood nd wasted their resources, money and talents all in name of Biafra.
Re: Group To Declare State Of Biafra Republic On Nov 5 by RealMccoy2(m): 10:39am On Jul 11, 2012
Billyonaire: There is no need for Biafra. Those who clamor for it do so because of greed to control oil resources. Although the struggle stem from the Igbos, no Igbo state is an Oil producing state, I stand corrected though. So there is need to carry other ethnic nationalities if the vision deserves review.

What I suggest is, we put all the energies geared towards "actualization" of Biafra into a quest for 100% taxable resource control and true Federalism as practiced in the USA, where States act like Independent countries. Giving economic powers and political powers to the States will decentralize power base from the Federal Government and make it less enticing to political jobbers. Its understandable that States that have no oil will fight against this, and the power brokers from "Oil-less" will put every impediments, but they need them to channel such energies into exploration of their natural resources; lead, Limestone, Butimen etc abound in this country. Apart from "natural" resources, tourism, ports, and taxations are other options for other states to harness funds for developments. There is no need for Biafra, but there is urgent need for Confederal System of governance.
You must be a Yoruba man? Have you gone out of Lagos state,be honest bruv? Google is not too far from your desk, please google oil producing states in Nigeria and tell me how many Igbo states are oil producing states? Have your heard of Egbema? In Anambra state private investors( Igbos)are floating the first private oil refinery in Nigeria,In doubt look it up.
Re: Group To Declare State Of Biafra Republic On Nov 5 by Hoodrat(m): 10:41am On Jul 11, 2012
ACM10:

Biafra does not necessarily have to bring out evidence why they have to be independent. They only have to bring the evidence that it is the wish of the people within its border to form a separate country. And that must be backed by a referendum. BTW, killing of one person is enough evidence.

The day igbo leaders stop deceiving our people will they be able to achieve their dreams for am sure 80% igbos are not in support of biafra and no longer aware of such and dont even trust their selves to begin with. You are here preaching freedom to people but look around your people time is going by and still cant get it right, look how fhucked up the eastern region of nigeria is full of dirt and shit holes and nothing to show for our eastern region leaders failed us woefully and you still go around preaching independent when nothing has been achieved by the states and local government of every eastern region so are you telling me the eastern government are yoruba or haussa? you need to quit fooling us. You are expecting a greedy and deceitful leader that will fight for his pocket first before the people to lead millions of helpless people you must be day dreaming bro.I see you really dont know what you are saying? i wont be surprise if you are another version of oju iku or just another greedy igbo. thats why you are supporting based on what you heard and what your council of elders want you to believe in.. Our problem is not about independence but ourselves.
Re: Group To Declare State Of Biafra Republic On Nov 5 by Nobody: 10:41am On Jul 11, 2012
Dis yoruoba and hausa guys are so freakin funny. Talk about Igbos in Nigeria they will form and form say igbo people do this do dat and they don't matter in Nigeria.

Now we are talking of leaving Nigeria and they are busy killing themselves to make sure we don't leave. Hahahahahahaha. We must leave wether una like am or not. I was expecting to see comments that will be wishing us success in our bid to leave Nigeria but what am seeing are people crying and trying to talk out of our BID. But we say NO, we posses the IGBO SPIRIT, The spirit of never giving up. We have never given up for once in any of our quest.
Re: Group To Declare State Of Biafra Republic On Nov 5 by Nobody: 10:42am On Jul 11, 2012
Real-Mccoy:

You must be a Yoruba man? Have you gone out of Lagos state,be honest bruv? Google is not too far from your desk, please google oil producing states in Nigeria and tell me how many Igbo states are oil producing states? Have your heard of Egbema? In Anambra state private investors( Igbos)are floating the first private oil refinery in Nigeria,In doubt look it up.

We are talking largge crude oil not vegetable oil my friend.
Re: Group To Declare State Of Biafra Republic On Nov 5 by Nobody: 10:44am On Jul 11, 2012
gboss4sure: Dis yoruoba and hausa guys are so freakin funny. Talk about Igbos in Nigeria they will form and form say igbo people do this do dat and they don't matter in Nigeria.

Now we are talking of leaving Nigeria and they are busy killing themselves to make sure we don't leave. Hahahahahahaha. We must leave wether una like am or not. I was expecting to see comments that will be wishing us success in our bid to leave Nigeria but what am seeing are people crying and trying to talk out of our BID. But we say NO, we posses the IGBO SPIRIT, The spirit of never giving up. We have never given up for once in any of our quest.

Who asked you not to leave ? Are you high ? You dont need to force your ibo agenda on other eastern minorities !

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Ekiti Election: We Stopped Rally To Prevent Breakdown Of Law And Order- DIG / Stop Creating Fake News On Social Media - Doyin Okupe Tells Obi's Supporters / Osinbajo, Amaechi, Onu, Okorocha, 2 Others Missing From Tinubu’s Campaigns

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.