Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,844 members, 7,828,073 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:33 PM

Group To Declare State Of Biafra Republic On Nov 5 - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Group To Declare State Of Biafra Republic On Nov 5 (28578 Views)

Police Declare State Of Emergency In Kaduna / Declare State Of Emergency In Rivers State – Adesanya To Buhari / Itsekiri Nation Disowns Calls For Creation Of Biafra Republic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Group To Declare State Of Biafra Republic On Nov 5 by Nobody: 9:29am On Jul 11, 2012
afam4eva:
I understand their fears and i sympathize with them. But they have to understand that they will forever become minorities except they fight for an Ijaw only country. That's the only way that can have full access to their God-given resources.

Cant biafra also be an all-ibo country ? Do you really need to force the struggle on other minorities in the defunct eastern region ?
Re: Group To Declare State Of Biafra Republic On Nov 5 by Afam4eva(m): 9:30am On Jul 11, 2012
~Bluetooth:

Cant biafra also be an all-ibo country ? Do you really need to force the struggle on other minorities in the defunct eastern region ?
have you not been following me? I said "Left for me i would prefer an Igbo-only country but any eastern minority group that wants to come in are welcome.". The ball is in their court.
Re: Group To Declare State Of Biafra Republic On Nov 5 by Nkemtreasure: 9:30am On Jul 11, 2012
Me follow dey laugh. The political leaders looting our states probaly are from space. Who rigged election in all the south east states? Who are their praise beaters? Are they from the north or from the south west? How many northerners or yorubas have mansions in the east without developing their place first? Our problems isn't Biafra, it's reorientation of the entire populace of the east.

1 Like

Re: Group To Declare State Of Biafra Republic On Nov 5 by Afam4eva(m): 9:32am On Jul 11, 2012
Nkemtreasure: Me follow dey laugh. The political leaders looting our states probaly are from space. Who rigged election in all the south east states? Who are their praise beaters? Are they from the north or from the south west? How many northerners or yorubas have mansions in the east without developing their place first? Our problems isn't Biafra, it's reorientation of the entire populace of the east.
So, what do you think is the solution? Pls don't run oo
Re: Group To Declare State Of Biafra Republic On Nov 5 by ozoebuka1(m): 9:34am On Jul 11, 2012
alj harem:

bros afam, that is you and the Igbo culture which promotes independence. Yoruba culture is different from that and you know this. Yes I can speak for them as they can speak for me. Dayokanu and co are not Aworis/Ogus and they can speak behalf of us so bros if you are in doubt, wait and watch.

Yes baifra would be a great country but just like every region, baifra economy would be small and I see a lot of migration, asylum etc from every region/mini country including baifra.
What a loving country!mtcheww.. did any igbo man ask help or advice from any hausa man? na we go suffer the pain so, let us be, stop having mercy on us! what is wrong wit dis hausa people sef? lets live in peace, no. lets leave in peace, no! whats d problem? pharoah let my people! fulanis are really avenging the deaths of igbo people killed by hausa..hausas thinks dat they are d only one who has d power to kill..nonsense.
Re: Group To Declare State Of Biafra Republic On Nov 5 by HighChief4(m): 9:34am On Jul 11, 2012
Okija_juju:

The south south will not join Biafra..

If you have ever dreamt of that, then you have failed already..

Again, this is not the right time for this.. We have to wait.. My problem with the Massobs and BZM types is that they are going to over-flog this issue until it loses it potency..

When Ojukwu sprung Biafra on Nigeria in 1967, Nigeria was taken by surprise.. He didnt clamour and clamour and clamour.. the plan was in the offing, kept under wraps and when he thought he had it all figured out, came out and drove it home to its bitter end.. These pro-biafra groups are turning what should be a serious affair into a joke.. And I hate it.. Our sons and daughters lost alot for the Biafran dream for it to be used by every Okechukwu, Nnamdi and Emeka to gain political relevance..

Oga what you think doesnt matter. You never supported anything that will move the Igbo cause forward. Just come out straight
Re: Group To Declare State Of Biafra Republic On Nov 5 by HighChief4(m): 9:36am On Jul 11, 2012
Nkemtreasure: Me follow dey laugh. The political leaders looting our states probaly are from space. Who rigged election in all the south east states? Who are their praise beaters? Are they from the north or from the south west? How many northerners or yorubas have mansions in the east without developing their place first? Our problems isn't Biafra, it's reorientation of the entire populace of the east.

And your point is?
Re: Group To Declare State Of Biafra Republic On Nov 5 by Nobody: 9:37am On Jul 11, 2012
afam4eva:
have you not been following me? I said "Left for me i would prefer an Igbo-only country but any eastern minority group that wants to come in are welcome.". The ball is in their court.

I dont need to follow you on who or what ethnic groups will make up biafran because you are not part of the process.The people that started the struggle laid a foundation that encompassed all groups in the defunct eastern region;making the ibos the majority while others follow.
Old eastern region = biafran republic !
Re: Group To Declare State Of Biafra Republic On Nov 5 by Afam4eva(m): 9:39am On Jul 11, 2012
~Bluetooth:

I dont need to follow you on who or what ethnic group will make up biafran before you are not part of the process.The people that started the struggle laid a foundation that encompassed all groups in the defunct eastern region;making the ibos the majority while others follow.
Old eastern region = biafran republic !
Eastern minorities were included in Biafra by default because they were part of the old eastern region. Right now, things have changed and they have every right to decide where they want to belong.
Re: Group To Declare State Of Biafra Republic On Nov 5 by Spiritmask: 9:41am On Jul 11, 2012
Re: Group To Declare State Of Biafra Republic On Nov 5 by Rhino5dm: 9:41am On Jul 11, 2012
It is too early to start drinking kparaga, south south is not south east and will NEVER join biafra.

FXKing2012: Biafra can not be land-locked cos Rivers, Cross River, Akwa Ibom and all the other south-south states will join us. We'll become like Brunei or even Qatar in terms of wealth.
Re: Group To Declare State Of Biafra Republic On Nov 5 by Nobody: 9:43am On Jul 11, 2012
Who told this small bois to talk nw.... Men de work bois are talking. De should keep quiet jor till then. BIAFRA IS MY DREAM and WILL soon Be actuallized. UMU IGBO Soon we shall be free from this waste of a country called Nigeria.
Re: Group To Declare State Of Biafra Republic On Nov 5 by ACM10: 9:44am On Jul 11, 2012
I've never heard of this group. Though I'm in support of Biafra seccession from Nigeria, but I will want it to be orderly. The first step should be to conduct a referendum. Followed by referendum of the ethnic minorities in Biafra to know if they plan to join or opt out of Biafra. So that we will have a case to make in front of the international community that "it is the wish of the people of Biafra to form their separate country" when violence erupts. Any step that deviates from the one above will land us in 1967 - 70 situation. I can only support war when I'm convinced that we can muster the military might to fight Nigeria to a standstill or even defeat them. But a plebiscites is a prerequisite for our seccession. If we can't conduct a referendum, then when violence erupts, Nigeria will make a case in front of the international community that they are only trying to pacify a rebel region in their territory. So I urge the Biafra Zionist Movement to use their brain and thread this path methodically.
Re: Group To Declare State Of Biafra Republic On Nov 5 by Nobody: 9:45am On Jul 11, 2012
afam4eva:
Eastern minorities were included in Biafra by default because they were part of the old eastern region. Right now, things have changed and they have every right to decide where they want to belong.

That is why I said a referendum should be conducted in all the areas of the defunct eastern region since most of them were never part of the secession process in the first instance !
Re: Group To Declare State Of Biafra Republic On Nov 5 by Afam4eva(m): 9:47am On Jul 11, 2012
~Bluetooth:

That is why I said a referendum should be conducted in all the areas of the defunct eastern region since most of them were never part of the secession process in the first instance !
Who told you that they were not part of it. Do you have the names of the people that have been doing the underground runs? if you do i'll like to seee their names. But i agree that a referendum be carried out.
Re: Group To Declare State Of Biafra Republic On Nov 5 by Okijajuju1(m): 9:47am On Jul 11, 2012
TechRev:

@Okija juju, and what did the gods tell you is the way forward?? What you just said is what any normal person could see. No president would like to have double insurgency at his hands depending if the BZM will be a violent movement.

BZM does not need to be a violent group for the government to order a crackdown.. Go ask guys in Libya, Syria and Egypt..

The way forward for now is two ways..

First is the international support.. We have to find a way of getting the ears of the world and drawing their attention to the plight of Ndi Igbo in Nigeria.. This is bigger than just holding a 200 persons rally at an embassy, we are talking of mass mobilization of Ndi Igbos to every G8 summit, G12 Summit, Commonweath Leaders summit, Infact any world meeting where the leaders of the free world would be gathered, Ndi Igbos would have to be there in numbers and put up a big show.. Also, we need some highly placed Ndi Igbos on board as well... Those men who can get the attention of these Leaders.. Enough for us to make a presentation (no matter how small) at one of these conventions/meetings... We have to be on international T.V, Newspapers, and the Internet.. Documentaries of the state of Ndi Igbos in Nigeria would have to be made and also put out for the world to see.. Infact, we have to isolate NIGERIA and bring just the BIAFRAN REGION of NIGERIA to the world stage.. We need to gather international support and outcry.. We need to make a genuine request and appeal for pressure to be put on the government of Nigeria to either act right, or allow for our independence..

Internally, we have to prepare for war..

Not like we did in the 60's where we had limited arms and ammunitions, poorly trained soldiers and a handful of mecenaries.. We need proper planning.. We need to first and foremost make arrangements for the safety of our wives and children (No need putting our future generation at risk), we need to get allies (not just for aid and political support, but also for arms and ammunitions and also troops).. We need to start training soldiers and spies.. FOOD aid and MEDICAL aid are also very vital, preparations must be made for this as a hungry man will be demoralized and have no will to fight (go ask those that fought in 1967).. A clear line of transport (both air, land and sea) should be established as we wouldnt want to be cut-off from the world like we were in the sixties.. A form/system of government and a heirachy of control had better be ready as we wouldnt want to be disorganized in a war situation..

Infact, the preparations to be made for a secessation are just darn too plenty and bigger than just a stupid declaration of a state of republic.. Anybody expecting to secede from Nigeria without a bloody war is just a joker.. History has proven this time and time again..

This and the fact that I heard the gods particularly say, 'NOT NOW' is why I can tell you that the actions of BZM is not sanctioned by the gods and hence will fail..

The gods have spoken... The gods are wise..
Re: Group To Declare State Of Biafra Republic On Nov 5 by Okijajuju1(m): 9:48am On Jul 11, 2012
High_Chief:

Oga what you think doesnt matter. You never supported anything that will move the Igbo cause forward. Just come out straight

You are wrong sir..

I have never supported anything that will bring about the unwanton shedding of the bloods of Ndi Igbos especially for an ill concieved plan such as this one..

And they are not my thoughts, but the thoughts of the gods...
Re: Group To Declare State Of Biafra Republic On Nov 5 by Nobody: 9:50am On Jul 11, 2012
Rhino.5dm:
Stop smoking crack! Everybody must hansa im papa name. [b]The very moment we achieve our odua republic, [/b]the very moment we kick out parasites from our country.

Tribal marks, 3/4 trouser or changing Obi to Oba won't save you either.

Pls dont say what You have no balls to do, How will your slaves masters allow you to have your Odua Republic, The only other ppl who have the mind to leave Nigeria is we the Niger delta or even the middle belt can try , Yoruba land will be like alaska which still belong to USA even after u pass canada,
Re: Group To Declare State Of Biafra Republic On Nov 5 by KINGwax(m): 9:51am On Jul 11, 2012
Wow, for the record, i'm seeing matured comments on nairaland. It's so funny i was hoping to enter a tribal war but this maturity amazes me! May i use this medium to make a shout out to:
bluetooth, afam, aljazeera(abi wetin be his name?), rihno, okija and the rest for making this discussion more interacting, informative and educative. But it aint entertainin, shey make i launch tribal war ni?..LOL
Re: Group To Declare State Of Biafra Republic On Nov 5 by Wislet(f): 9:51am On Jul 11, 2012
some known groups in this country will always sit back while others walk the walk for them.
Always waiting for others to start something before they demand for their own rights.
Let that group get lost...whatever they call themselves..ZL whatever.
Igbos should never start anything again in this country. Let others do that.
Just stand back and watch.
Cunning people are watching like hawks for any other group to lead the way for them.
The war should have taught Igbos that the worst enemies are those in their backyard, crouching, waiting for any movements, seemingly behaving like kinsmen or harmless doves.
But their heart and the deceit in them is unbelievable.

All the groups either fight the terror in their land together, or else be dealt with.
But waiting cunningly for someone to do what everyone (sane people) in the country should be doing- which is, to breathe down the neck of the government for that SNC and demand that things be set right, else let everyone go their separate ways peacefully- is devious.

Be wise as serpents. Do not mind them encouraging you to start something- that is how they operate. Always sitting on the fence. Then if something starts, jumps down from the tree to join forces with the same people killing them-who care less if they exist.

1 Like

Re: Group To Declare State Of Biafra Republic On Nov 5 by Okijajuju1(m): 9:52am On Jul 11, 2012
CHESSBOARD:

Pls dont say what You have no balls to do, How will your slaves masters allow you to have your Odua Republic, The only other ppl who have the mind to leave Nigeria is we the Niger delta or even the middle belt can try , Yoruba land will be like alaska which still belong to USA even after u pass canada,

The Yorubas are not slaves to any tribe, however, they just lack the balls to fight for anything in their lives..
Re: Group To Declare State Of Biafra Republic On Nov 5 by Nobody: 9:52am On Jul 11, 2012
ACM10: I've never heard of this group. Though I'm in support of Biafra seccession from Nigeria, but I will want it to be orderly. The first step should be to conduct a referendum. Followed by referendum of the ethnic minorities in Biafra to know if they plan to join or opt out of Biafra. So that we will have a case to make in front of the international community that "it is the wish of the people of Biafra to form their separate country" when violence erupts. Any step that deviates from the one above will land us in 1967 - 70 situation. I can only support war when I'm convinced that we can muster the military might to fight Nigeria to a standstill or even defeat them. But a plebiscites is a prerequisite for our seccession. If we can't conduct a referendum, then when violence erupts, Nigeria will make a case in front of the international community that they are only trying to pacify a rebel region in their territory. So I urge the Biafra Zionist Movement to use their brain and thread this path methodically.

U have a point but those arrangements has been made already.
Re: Group To Declare State Of Biafra Republic On Nov 5 by Hoodrat(m): 9:52am On Jul 11, 2012
The day biafra brings out a reasonable evidence to back up their claim on why they deserve independence then shall they be taken serious, but all this excuse of killing of igbo brothers in the north is not enough evidence but self centred from a group of people with little or nothing to add to togetherness and development of a better Nigeria but to their greed . More than a thousands Yoruba and other ethnics group have also been killed by the northerners but they have never for once cry for independent but seek a lasting solution to the problem. Biafra I employ you to try to be honest on your hunger for independent then will you be taken serious and the world will bow down to your feet and welcome the new state of biafra but not when you are been self centred. I support biafra departing from nigeria because its obvious one love and one Nigeria is missing with so much hunger for violence by the northerners and hunger for independent by the easterners. Naija i hail thee.
Re: Group To Declare State Of Biafra Republic On Nov 5 by ACM10: 9:53am On Jul 11, 2012
Okija_juju:

BZM does not need to be a violent group for the government to order a crackdown.. Go ask guys in Libya, Syria and Egypt..

It is a crime against humanity to order a violent crackdown on a peaceful group. No international law can protect its offenders. Therefore the group can continue to exist so far they are law-abiding and peaceful.
Re: Group To Declare State Of Biafra Republic On Nov 5 by ebosed: 9:53am On Jul 11, 2012
dannysoya: LOL this s a complete joke. A landlocked country that will have to deal with Boko Haram on their own. FYI just because you want to declare a country does not mean that the physical land is now automatically separated from everyone else.

Secondly, you're going to have to start from scratch forming a new government, drafting a new constitution. You can sure that there will be a lot of infighting and you are doing ALL THIS while bothering about the threat of Boko Haram.

Finally, I am not so sure that many countries will recognize the republic of Biafra. Only four countries recognized the "republic" the last time they tried this nonsense. The big boys are also dealing with separatism in their countries ( UK is dealing with Scotland, US is dealing with Alaska, Canada is dealing with Quebec, China is dealing with Tibet, Russia is dealing with Chechnya). If they recognize your country it will mean that they are supporting separatism and will start up a shitstorm in their respective countries. I urge you to think twice before trying this. It is most likely that this will not end well.

We are all in this together. We do not hate the igbos (like most of them like to think). Trying to run away will do you NO FAVOURS. It will just compound your problem. Let us fight Boko Haram together.

I am impressed at your intelligent post. I am glad that a Nigeria can provoke a refined taught as this. Our problem as a people is not tribalism but our lack of commitment to the well being of one another regardless of our differences. As individuals, rich or poor, what values have we added or are adding to our nation Nigeria? Why would India and Albania have engaged in a row over where Mother Teresa's remains should be buried? because she added value to both society alive and even in death. Most of us live a selfish life, me myself & I - kind of lifestyle, our men think that life is all about getting a decent job, a car, a house, marry, have children, take care of them etc.

Until we begin to live our lives for each other, and empathize with each other as human, until we all begin to build a personal brand around values based of humane principles, until the Police man (Igbo, Hausa,Itshan, Urhobo, Yoruba...or not) begin to do their work right, until the custom officers get it right, until our judges get it right, until arm robbers stop finding excuses for engaging in their act and find solution to a soceital problem for which they can get paid and earn legitimate income, until our lawyers and law maker gets it right, until our preachers in mosques and churches get it right, until our school proprietors put the education of their pupils first ahead of pecuniary gains, until we stop forging documents and falsifying records, until our governors perform their constitutional duties with sense of duty and not with the feeling of helping the masses, until the President gives "a damn" about every citizen, until we mean what we say and say what we mean...Until ALL THIS IS DONE...If you like CREATE BIAFRA REPUBLIC, ODUDUWA REPUBLIC, AREWA REPUBLIC, NIGER DELTA REPUBLIC, RIVER NIGER REPUBLIC, PLATEAU REPUBLIC etc. The result you would get in each of this republic would be same as the one you get in the present Nigeria.

We as a people should demand responsible leadership ONLY after being responsible ourselves. Check out the lifestyle of each member of this group and you would not be surprise if they lack personal integrity...check out their responsibility to their wives, children, their community, and you would be shell shocked of what you would find...I rest my case

3 Likes

Re: Group To Declare State Of Biafra Republic On Nov 5 by KINGwax(m): 9:54am On Jul 11, 2012
Okija_juju:

The Yorubas are not slaves to any tribe, however, they just lack the balls to fight for anything in their lives..

shey u wan start abi?
Re: Group To Declare State Of Biafra Republic On Nov 5 by jeyne(f): 9:54am On Jul 11, 2012
This is a very good news but there will be lot of fighting, Nigeria won't let them go just like that, am happy for them cause I know biafra would be a great nation
Re: Group To Declare State Of Biafra Republic On Nov 5 by ACM10: 9:55am On Jul 11, 2012
gboss4sure:

U have a point but those arrangements has been made already.

How did that elaborate arrangement escape my attention? These are not nocturnal arrangements. It's something serious that can lead to violence if not well-planned.
Re: Group To Declare State Of Biafra Republic On Nov 5 by Cleanman(m): 9:56am On Jul 11, 2012
hmmm...igbos dnt knw d overall implications of this..u would wish u have stayed in Nigeria(thats if ur separation works)..think,think think.
Re: Group To Declare State Of Biafra Republic On Nov 5 by Nobody: 9:56am On Jul 11, 2012
Rhino.5dm:
It is too early to start drinking kparaga, south south is not south east and will NEVER join biafra.

You r so primitive, what has Landlock got to do with good economy and good governance , as far as we can find our way to the ocean through River Niger and you haven't heard of cargo planes...mtscheeew
Re: Group To Declare State Of Biafra Republic On Nov 5 by Nobody: 9:57am On Jul 11, 2012
Okija_juju:

The way forward for now is two ways..

First is the international support.. We have to find a way of getting the ears of the world and drawing their attention to the plight of Ndi Igbo in Nigeria.. This is bigger than just holding a 200 persons rally at an embassy, we are talking of mass mobilization of Ndi Igbos to every G8 summit, G12 Summit, Commonweath Leaders summit, Infact any world meeting where the leaders of the free world would be gathered, Ndi Igbos would have to be there in numbers and put up a big show.. Also, we need some highly placed Ndi Igbos on board as well... Those men who can get the attention of these Leaders.. Enough for us to make a presentation (no matter how small) at one of these conventions/meetings... We have to be on international T.V, Newspapers, and the Internet.. Documentaries of the state of Ndi Igbos in Nigeria would have to be made and also put out for the world to see.. Infact, we have to isolate NIGERIA and bring just the BIAFRAN REGION of NIGERIA to the world stage.. We need to gather international support and outcry.. We need to make a genuine request and appeal for pressure to be put on the government of Nigeria to either act right, or allow for our independence..

Internally, we have to prepare for war..

Not like we did in the 60's where we had limited arms and ammunitions, poorly trained soldiers and a handful of mecenaries.. We need proper planning.. We need to first and foremost make arrangements for the safety of our wives and children (No need putting our future generation at risk), we need to get allies (not just for aid and political support, but also for arms and ammunitions and also troops).. We need to start training soldiers and spies.. FOOD aid and MEDICAL aid are also very vital, preparations must be made for this as a hungry man will be demoralized and have no will to fight (go ask those that fought in 1967).. A clear line of transport (both air, land and sea) should be established as we wouldnt want to be cut-off from the world like we were in the sixties.. A form/system of government and a heirachy of control had better be ready as we wouldnt want to be disorganized in a war situation..

Infact, the preparations to be made for a secessation are just darn too plenty and bigger than just a stupid declaration of a state of republic.. Anybody expecting to secede from Nigeria without a bloody war is just a joker.. History has proven this time and time again..

This and the fact that I heard the gods particularly say, 'NOT NOW' is why I can tell you that the actions of BZM is not sanctioned by the gods and hence will fail..

The gods have spoken... The gods are wise..

On Point, your points have been noted and will be forwarded to the appropriate people
Re: Group To Declare State Of Biafra Republic On Nov 5 by Okijajuju1(m): 9:58am On Jul 11, 2012
KINGwax: shey u wan start abi?

Bros cool down o!!

The mods don warn me about tribalism hence I no fit shout... You no see as I don humble lately.. Mukina ban one of my Id's unti 2099.. Imagine?! My great grand pikin go don grow white hair turn great grandpa by the time the ban go expire.. Na ehn make my Nairaland I.D and Password go follow for the family heirloom wey I go leave for my will.. grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Adams Oshiomhole Blasts Channels TV, Social Media Warriors Over Fake News / Ex-Governors, Senators, Ministers, Military Officers Own 130 Dubai Assets / Patience Jonathan’s Women Jamboree In Abuja (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.