Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,425 members, 7,812,249 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:40 AM

OK, SEUN How Do I Close My Nairaland Account - Nairaland / General (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / OK, SEUN How Do I Close My Nairaland Account (12911 Views)

Oga Seun, How Come Somebody Is Using My Handle? / Seun, How Could You Do This To Us? / Seun, How About A Legal Section (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: OK, SEUN How Do I Close My Nairaland Account by r231(m): 12:41pm On Jul 20, 2012
Is it so hard for you guys to log out and don't ever come back........

like seriously undecided undecided undecided

and if you feel your personal info or email is somewhere on NL just modify the post and take it off or delete all the thread you made

if you guys come here ranting again, I will ban you SIMPLE undecided
Re: OK, SEUN How Do I Close My Nairaland Account by justwise(m): 12:59pm On Jul 20, 2012
Peterson1993: Na me tire pass oo. Sometimes some nairlanders irritate me. They busy making hell of noise, while the Seun dude is in the bank right now counting the $dollars he made last night from this website. Every busy minded human would always find his way to make his own dollars rather than just sit and look for ways to condemn another person's work. From the way they act, you should be surprise at all because I think they are still 13 years old teenagers still using their father pc

One of them i know here is even a visa agent who has being using this website for ages, after dropping his numbers and email address for his 'clients' willingly he is now moaning about privacy and all sorts of nonsense.
Re: OK, SEUN How Do I Close My Nairaland Account by Skywalker5(m): 1:02pm On Jul 20, 2012
justwise:

One of them i know here is even a visa agent who has being using this website for ages, [b]after dropping his numbers and email address for his 'clients' willingly [/b]he is now moaning about privacy and all sorts of nonsense.

why is he complaining? is he having hard time to understand that this is a public forum and everyone can see what he typed?
Re: OK, SEUN How Do I Close My Nairaland Account by justwise(m): 1:20pm On Jul 20, 2012
Sky-walker:

why is he complaining? is he having hard time to understand that this is a public forum and everyone can see what he typed?

That is my prob with all of them moaning about their privacy and security, they willingly dropped their email addresses and numbers for their own business purposes and they have being doing this for more than 6yrs now, suddenly they realized its public forum and start talking-down on the website. Why not quietly modify your posts and leave the way you came un-announced?
Re: OK, SEUN How Do I Close My Nairaland Account by nitrogen(m): 1:28pm On Jul 20, 2012
justwise:

One of them i know here is even a visa agent who has being using this website for ages, after dropping his numbers and email address for his 'clients' willingly he is now moaning about privacy and all sorts of nonsense.
Buhahahahahahaha
Re: OK, SEUN How Do I Close My Nairaland Account by brichard: 3:54pm On Jul 20, 2012
nitrogen: @skyone, Seriously,i dont know what the problem is, for sanity's sake, change your email, after that, log out and do not ever log in again, simple as ABC, believe me thats the most simple and best way to deactivate your account.
Bros, you tire me o.
. Pls profer solution to ones profile he /she finds out on google.
Re: OK, SEUN How Do I Close My Nairaland Account by brichard: 3:55pm On Jul 20, 2012
nitrogen: @skyone, Seriously,i dont know what the problem is, for sanity's sake, change your email, after that, log out and do not ever log in again, simple as ABC, believe me thats the most simple and best way to deactivate your account.
Bros, you tire me o.
. Pls profer solution to ones profile he /she finds out on google, I.e ones phone number, full names, of recent adding to a post about ones NYSC place of primary assignment etc.
Re: OK, SEUN How Do I Close My Nairaland Account by Odunnu: 6:13pm On Jul 20, 2012
Just go to your 'edit profile' and delete the post.
Re: OK, SEUN How Do I Close My Nairaland Account by nitrogen(m): 6:21am On Jul 21, 2012
^^^ exactly. As simple as ABC.
Re: OK, SEUN How Do I Close My Nairaland Account by horny4u(f): 7:49am On Jul 21, 2012
brichard: . Pls profer solution to ones profile he /she finds out on google, I.e ones phone number, full names, of recent adding to a post about ones NYSC place of primary assignment etc.

We are too spoon fed in our country so no vending machine or self serve machines , no carrying of one's bags and this has translated to most aspects of our lives.
You come to NL and can choose to be anonymous or not...Not just NL but the whole internet.
I am an advocate for keeping Grandparents away from the computer....its not a toy....
Before signing on you should have checked that you can deactivate your account....this is a free content site and that free content is monetised.
be very careful what you post anywhere on the internet.
Re: OK, SEUN How Do I Close My Nairaland Account by justwise(m): 9:10am On Jul 21, 2012
horny4u:

We are too spoon fed in our country so no vending machine or self serve machines , no carrying of one's bags and this has translated to most aspects of our lives.
You come to NL and can choose to be anonymous or not...Not just NL but the whole internet.
I am an advocate for keeping Grandparents away from the computer....its not a toy....
Before signing on you should have checked that you can deactivate your account....this is a free content site and that free content is monetised.
be very careful what you post anywhere on the internet.

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: OK, SEUN How Do I Close My Nairaland Account by skyone(m): 11:27am On Jul 21, 2012
justwise:

grin grin grin grin grin

This was how Gadaffi was laughing for 40 odd years before he's misterious death. Am sure your brain is constantly telling you.... "we are untouchable" but trust me the pestilence will be unforeseen. In case you are not Seun, have it in your brain that you've foolishly contributed to the downfall of Nairaland due to your abject stupidity.

Your mentality is absurd, when you are giving a food to eat you behave like a mad goat with no string on his neck. Common sense is far behind you. Perhaps you later know the truth after many post/complain yet the foolishness in you is predominantly stopping you from acting like a reasonable person.

1 Like

Re: OK, SEUN How Do I Close My Nairaland Account by justwise(m): 11:41am On Jul 21, 2012
skyone:

This was how Gadaffi was laughing for 40 odd years before he's misterious death. Am sure your brain is constantly telling you.... "we are untouchable" but trust me the pestilence will be unforeseen. In case you are not Seun, have it in your brain that you've foolishly contributed to the downfall of Nairaland due to your abject stupidity.

Your mentality is absurd, when you are giving a food to eat you behave like a mad goat with no string on his neck. Common sense is far behind you. Perhaps you later know the truth after many post/complain yet the foolishness in you is predominantly stopping you from acting like a reasonable person.

Are you still here?
Re: OK, SEUN How Do I Close My Nairaland Account by skyone(m): 11:57am On Jul 21, 2012
justwise:

Are you still here?

Open the door now, yeh yeh man.

Like i said it will be an unforeseen pestilence but until then see you on other threads.
Re: OK, SEUN How Do I Close My Nairaland Account by justwise(m): 12:10pm On Jul 21, 2012
skyone:

Open the door now, yeh yeh man.

Like i said it will be an unforeseen pestilence but until then see you on other threads.

Bloody muppet, you have been told how to leave. . . . delete your posts and stop logging on!!!, its that simple.

Why are you still hanging around exposing your 'privacy' to hackers and terrorist?
Re: OK, SEUN How Do I Close My Nairaland Account by skyone(m): 12:14pm On Jul 21, 2012
justwise:

Bloody muppet, you have been told how to leave. . . . delete your posts and stop logging on!!!, its that simple.

Why are you still hanging around exposing your 'privacy' to hackers and terrorist?

So you now admit you have hackers and terrorists on Nairaland, very good, another evidence that's now been printed out.

Keep it up.
Re: OK, SEUN How Do I Close My Nairaland Account by justwise(m): 12:16pm On Jul 21, 2012
skyone:

So you now admit you have hackers and terrorists on Nairaland, very good, another evidence that's now been printed out.

Keep it up.

hahahaha. . . . you are just a waste of space.

1 Like

Re: OK, SEUN How Do I Close My Nairaland Account by ifyalways(f): 12:18pm On Jul 21, 2012
End of discussion.
justwise:

Any sensible individual will know that you don't drop your personal details or say things you wouldn't want the public to read in public forum, nothing is secret online, you don't hold the owner of the site responsible for your own irresponsible actions.
Re: OK, SEUN How Do I Close My Nairaland Account by skyone(m): 12:24pm On Jul 21, 2012
justwise:

hahahaha. . . . you are just a waste of space.

The next will be weeping.
Re: OK, SEUN How Do I Close My Nairaland Account by horny4u(f): 2:33pm On Jul 21, 2012
skyone:

The next will be weeping.

Would you cane him ??....if so I can help.

On his 300th post in 2010 he wrote his full address and what times he will be at home.
I have used google street map to effectively locate his "doormouth" if you want for a small fee of 50 Naira I will take you there least i forget he also put his phone number registered on contract with Tmobile on another forum with same address and I have also asked mi cousin that works with phones4u to confirm its the same address,so no escape for him tonight ......he also cries better when beat him on his toes
other than that no man is GOD and no need to threaten anybody with ill or pretend to be GOD such blasphemy upon nothing.

P.S why do people advertise accepting the Lord Jesus Christ when they themselves have no idea that Christianity is a life style not a statement.

OP I am behind you like chewing gum on the side walk
Re: OK, SEUN How Do I Close My Nairaland Account by justwise(m): 2:41pm On Jul 21, 2012
horny4u:

Would you cane him ??....if so I can help.

On his 300th post in 2010 he wrote his full address and what times he will be at home.
I have used google street map to effectively locate his "doormouth" if you want for a small fee of 50 Naira I will take you there least i forget he also put his phone number registered on contract with Tmobile on another forum with same address and I have also asked mi cousin that works with phones4u to confirm its the same address,so no escape for him tonight ......he also cries better when beat him on his toes
other than that no man is GOD and no need to threaten anybody with ill or pretend to be GOD such blasphemy upon nothing.

P.S why do people advertise accepting the Lord Jesus Christ when they themselves have no idea that Christianity is a life style not a statement.

OP I am behind you like chewing gum on the side walk
grin grin grin grin grin you are one of the terrorist/hackers here grin grin
Re: OK, SEUN How Do I Close My Nairaland Account by horny4u(f): 3:13pm On Jul 21, 2012
justwise:
grin grin grin grin grin you are one of the terrorist/hackers here grin grin

Hahaha....you want to sink me in trouble. grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: OK, SEUN How Do I Close My Nairaland Account by justwise(m): 7:29pm On Jul 21, 2012
horny4u:

Hahaha....you want to sink me in trouble. grin grin grin grin grin grin

Hahaha, i dey far you now, we need to start monitoring you. grin grin grin
Re: OK, SEUN How Do I Close My Nairaland Account by esere826: 10:36am On Jul 22, 2012
lets do some thinking around the pros and cons of comments so far

1)Say someone logs out and never logs in again, but someone else somehow hijacks her log in details and starts posting on her behalf ...Some folks are apparently very much attached to their NL monikers eg Afam4ever that u guys banned previously but later delivered him cheesy.

2) Is there something here that resonates with neo European thinking -'the right to die'?. Probably some just want to know that they can fall on their swords whenever and wherever they wish. They might not neccesarily end up switching off their life support on NL

3) if a button is created that automatically terminates someone's life on NL. How does the person get back if she suddenly realises that she forgot to erase some comments in a particular section, ..maybe her nude pix (Remember that NL is having to manage its resources withing a harsh Nigerian business climate, and so might not alway have the time to grant all individual favours)

4) I cant remember, but does NL have an intro page that introduces u to ur life and demise in the forum, or even an internal policy to this effect. Seriously speaking, if in real life, someone dies, and therefore cannot make a request to deactivate, what next? how do NL know that the person is no more? businesswise, is the person still counted in the amount of registered users?, when does this count cease? etc

4) I think what 'some' chaps might be looking for is the psychological satisfaction of grinning and saying : "U see, I took my own life in NL"

2 Likes

Re: OK, SEUN How Do I Close My Nairaland Account by onatisi(m): 12:01pm On Jul 22, 2012
esere826: lets do some thinking around the pros and cons of comments so far

1)Say someone logs out and never logs in again, but someone else somehow hijacks her log in details and starts posting on her behalf ...Some folks are apparently very much attached to their NL monikers eg Afam4ever that u guys banned previously but later delivered him cheesy.

2) Is there something here that resonates with neo European thinking -'the right to die'?. Probably some just want to know that they can fall on their swords whenever and wherever they wish. They might not neccesarily end up switching off their life support on NL

3) if a button is created that automatically terminates someone's life on NL. How does the person get back if she suddenly realises that she forgot to erase some comments in a particular section, ..maybe her nude pix (Remember that NL is having to manage its resources withing a harsh Nigerian business climate, and so might not alway have the time to grant all individual favours)

4) I cant remember, but does NL have an intro page that introduces u to ur life and demise in the forum, or even an internal policy to this effect. Seriously speaking, if in real life, someone dies, and therefore cannot make a request to deactivate, what next? how do NL know that the person is no more? businesswise, is the person still counted in the amount of registered users?, when does this count cease? etc

4) I think what 'some' chaps might be looking for is the psychological satisfaction of grinning and saying : "U see, I took my own life in NL"
so what is ur point in a nutshell?kindly simplify the long story
Re: OK, SEUN How Do I Close My Nairaland Account by esere826: 1:23pm On Jul 22, 2012
Hope this helps.
onatisi: so what is ur point in a nutshell?

em.. assuming that I understand ur question correctly. [**scratches head**] my 'simplistic' reply would be:

I no dey take side here o. I Just they middle dey observe wetin everybody dey tok, and they try see if I fit make any useful {supposedly intelligent] suggestions wen go help all of us on the long run.

onatisi: kindly simplify the long story

As u like summary wel wel, one word summary of wetin i dey talk be this:

'Suicicidal?'

I no go expansiate, to say wether na NL business model that one word dey refer to or wether na the 'probable folly' that might lurk in deactivating, etc
Re: OK, SEUN How Do I Close My Nairaland Account by justwise(m): 3:20pm On Jul 22, 2012
onatisi:
so what is ur point in a nutshell?kindly simplify the long story

onatisi: skyone , listen do what i am doing [/b]go into ur account , and [b]delete every single thing u have written on this site , it is pointless arguing with justwise

onatisi what happened with the deleting? I thought you claimed to be deleting all your posts? I noticed that you haven't deleted anything and still here posting.
Re: OK, SEUN How Do I Close My Nairaland Account by Nobody: 10:27am On Jul 24, 2012
onatisi: you still havent gotten my point ,we cant even delete our posts !that is the issue if i could i would have done that,i tried deleting some of my posts and i cant find the delete button,the only thing i can see is modify !

If there's anything u want to remove, just Modify and leave blank.

1 Like

Re: OK, SEUN How Do I Close My Nairaland Account by Nobody: 2:47am On Dec 04, 2012
I WANT TO DELETE MY ACCOUNT!! SEUN PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: OK, SEUN How Do I Close My Nairaland Account by tpia1: 3:02am On Dec 04, 2012
Oh God, what did you people do now?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

(Picture) Captivating Eyes or Not? / Hot-Angel : Lizzy (Crazy, Funny and smart-ass). / Every Human Being Is Almost Equally Intelligent - Blackteeth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.