Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,540 members, 7,812,683 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:31 PM

OK, SEUN How Do I Close My Nairaland Account - Nairaland / General (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / OK, SEUN How Do I Close My Nairaland Account (12915 Views)

Oga Seun, How Come Somebody Is Using My Handle? / Seun, How Could You Do This To Us? / Seun, How About A Legal Section (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: OK, SEUN How Do I Close My Nairaland Account by splashbaby(m): 9:16am On Jun 06, 2013
Justwise until now, I used to think you are a very serious person along side Mukina...I never knew you can also troll like Sexkillz..that's too rude for an answer...Sir this is JUST2UNWISE from justwise
justwise: [/b]

Stop posting and log off.

1 Like

Re: OK, SEUN How Do I Close My Nairaland Account by justwise(m): 6:03pm On Jun 07, 2013
splashbaby: Justwise until now, I used to think you are a very serious person along side Mukina...I never knew you can also troll like Sexkillz..that's too rude for an answer...Sir this is JUST2UNWISE from justwise

What is wrong with telling somebody who wants to leave nairaland to stop posting and log off? People make noise about non-issue.

1 Like

Re: OK, SEUN How Do I Close My Nairaland Account by bobthebuilder99(m): 4:00am On Jun 08, 2013
justwise:

What is wrong with telling somebody who wants to leave nairaland to stop posting and log off? People make noise about non-issue.

It is NOT a non-issue.

Refusing to allow someone to delete their comments, posts, and profiles (especially when personal information is involved) is highly inappropriate and unethical.

This is just basic stuff. No one should have to explain this to you like you are a child....

1 Like

Re: OK, SEUN How Do I Close My Nairaland Account by justwise(m): 6:55am On Jun 08, 2013
bobthebuilder99:

It is NOT a non-issue.

Refusing to allow someone to delete their comments, posts, and profiles (especially when personal information is involved) is highly inappropriate and unethical.

This is just basic stuff. No one should have to explain this to you like you are a child....

Its a non-issue and this your post proves it, nobody stops you from deleting your post or comment, nobody stops you from removing any personal info in any of your post, its even more ridiculous for anybody to put their personal info in a public forum like this.

Its your responsibility to edit your post using Modify button and after that you stop posting and log-off if you are tired of nairaland.

The person who started this thread ( skyone) on Jul 18, 2012 crying about his privacy and all that, he was still posting here till 3:19pm On Apr 10, 2013, this is almost a year since he started moaning about his privacy and how nairaland chained him to his keyboard.

fyneboi79 used nairaland to advertise his property business here https://www.nairaland.com/1289803/4-un#15939278 free of charger and the last time i checked he is still here posting. Why not log-out quietly and leave the way you came? Why crying about leaving and refuses to leave?

The owner of the site is not ready to implement certain function at the moment and if you not happy with that then remove your personal info and say goodbye to nairaland.
Re: OK, SEUN How Do I Close My Nairaland Account by bobthebuilder99(m): 7:17am On Jun 08, 2013
justwise:

Its a non-issue and this your post proves it, nobody stops you from deleting your post or comment, nobody stops you from removing any personal info in any of your post, its even more ridiculous for anybody to put their personal info in a public forum like this.

Its your responsibility to edit your post using Modify button and after that you stop posting and log-off if you are tired of Nairaland.

The person who started this thread ( skyone) on Jul 18, 2012 crying about his privacy and all that, he was still posting here till 3:19pm On Apr 10, 2013, this is almost a year since he started moaning about his privacy and how nairaland chained him to his keyboard.

fyneboi79 used nairaland to advertise his property business here https://www.nairaland.com/1289803/4-un#15939278 free of charger and the last time i checked he is still here posting. Why not log-out quietly and leave the way you came? Why crying about leaving and refuses to leave?

The owner of the site is not ready to implement certain function at the moment and if you not happy with that then remove your personal info and say goodbye to nairaland.

Modifying a post and deleting it are two very different things. It is impossible, by the way, to delete something that someone has quoted. Once they quote it, Nairaland keeps it FOREVER.

Clearly, Seun is scared of users leaving Nairaland in droves and this policy is a form of 419 by making his advertisers believe that he has more users than he really does. This is Nigeria, I get it. We are an unethical bunch of internet scammers. That still does not make this normal.

I am going to assume that you are free of mental disabilities, so it should be easy for you to understand that PERSONAL info is PERSONAL and that in many countries (like the USA) your ownership of your personal info is enshrined in law. Look at the uproar because the Government even dared to look at call information in the States.

Go to Google, and type in "fired because of social media" and you will find plenty of examples that demonstrate why people NEED the ability to control their online profiles. By the way, ZERO people have ANY IDEA that they are unable to delete what they post on this website until they try to do so. There are ZERO notifications that what is posted here will last forever. Lets also keep in mind that EVERY other website on the planet allows you to delete your profile and leave.

Nairaland would be better served if the moderators weren't allowed to speak, because every time you do, you make this website seem amateur. Just keep quiet!
Re: OK, SEUN How Do I Close My Nairaland Account by Seun(m): 7:46am On Jun 08, 2013
We are very sorry that we don't yet have the manpower to implement this feature.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: OK, SEUN How Do I Close My Nairaland Account by bobthebuilder99(m): 7:54am On Jun 08, 2013
Seun: We are very sorry that we don't yet have the manpower to implement this feature.

I support your comment!

Saying it is "not important" is much worse. I hope this website does well, because I really like it.

1 Like

Re: OK, SEUN How Do I Close My Nairaland Account by bobthebuilder99(m): 7:55am On Jun 08, 2013
Accidental double post...
Re: OK, SEUN How Do I Close My Nairaland Account by justwise(m): 8:19am On Jun 08, 2013
bobthebuilder99:

So I take it my assumption was wrong.

Good luck surviving in the "first mover" bubble you are enjoying at present. For every person that complains openly, there are hundreds that are upset that and don't complain. Take your users for granted and you will end up like every other internet pioneer that that gets crushed when they CREATE the need for a better competitor. You should look up a company called Xerox and what happened to them when their patent ran out.

BTW, Seun was saying earlier that he will do things when Facebook does them. Facebook has ALWAYS had a delete account feature. Anyway, Facebook's stock has been doing HORRIBLY since its IPO. You should be following companies like Apple and Google that are actually on a long term upward trend. I can't be the only one that remembers Myspace, Friendster, etc. wink

This website is starting to remind me of the almighty Digg, that is now a skeleton and has been replaced by Reddit.

I really can not help but wonder if you really read through posts before letting yourself down. How will putting up delete button help nairaland grow and pleases members? Which members? Those that deleted their account and left?

Reading through your rant and few others like you its clear that you people just like ranting for the sake of it, you said facebook has delete button and it share has gone down, so you want Seun to implement delete button so that members will leave and companies will stop placing Ads here?
Re: OK, SEUN How Do I Close My Nairaland Account by bobthebuilder99(m): 8:37am On Jun 08, 2013
justwise:

I really can not help but wonder if you really read through posts before letting yourself down. How will putting up delete button help nairaland grow and pleases members? Which members? Those that deleted their account and left?

Reading through your rant and few others like you its clear that you people just like ranting for the sake of it, you said facebook has delete button and it share has gone down, so you want Seun to implement delete button so that members will leave and companies will stop placing Ads here?

Placing a delete account button makes users happy. Happy users become evangelists for your company. Or at least prevents them from bad mouthing it.

For example, I found out about this website from a friend. He used this site, liked it, and recommended that I join. If you make people mad and develop a bad reputation, then...as they say, "bad news travels fast". People will not think well of your site, and it will affect the amount of new users. The worse case scenario is that a competitor will pop up and suck up ALL your users, even the happy ones.

A delete account button is not really asking for much. That's all I am saying. And every website has a delete account button. It is highly irregular for a website NOT to provide that option.

1 Like

Re: OK, SEUN How Do I Close My Nairaland Account by justwise(m): 8:53am On Jun 08, 2013
bobthebuilder99:

Placing a delete account button makes users happy. Happy users become evangelists for your company. Or at least prevents them from bad mouthing it.

[b]For example, I found out about this website from a friend. He used this site, liked it, and recommended that I join. [/b]If you make people mad and develop a bad reputation, then...as they say, "bad news travels fast". People will not think well of your site, and it will affect the amount of new users. The worse case scenario is that a competitor will pop up and suck up ALL your users, even the happy ones.

A delete account button is not really asking for much. That's all I am saying. And every website has a delete account button. It is highly irregular for a website NOT to provide that option.

Your friend liked it and recommended it to you but some of you asking for the delete button and wanting to leave don't like it and will not recommend it to anybody going by the posts here. If anything..so far Seun has shown that he wants nairaland members to stay by replying politely and not get angry and block the IP address of anybody who complains.

He has allowed this thread to exist for an open debate, he can decide to removed this thread and ban some of you wanting to leave and there is nothing anybody will do about it, you will not even have the opportunity to campaign for delete button.
Re: OK, SEUN How Do I Close My Nairaland Account by Nobody: 9:27am On Jun 08, 2013
Only selfish people would want there to be a delete button. What? You don't want us to have the pleasure of reading your gaffes? grin
...And, more practically, lack of a delete button forces you to have more than enough time to re-consider your (often rash) decision to quit the forum. 9 times outta 10, you come back to that old dependable id.
Re: OK, SEUN How Do I Close My Nairaland Account by justwise(m): 9:34am On Jun 08, 2013
bobthebuilder99:

I have already said that I like this site. Constructive criticism is how you identify problems and make things get better. It is kinda sad that you are a mod, if you moderate the same way you imply here.

You sound like most Africans who have no idea what to do with power, or leadership positions.

I moderate the same way and people who need help keep coming back to the section and a single thread is growing into 757 pages, if they don't like it they would have gone to other sites. Nobody want a traitor in his site, if you like it then stay and when you don't feel it any more leave quietly.
Re: OK, SEUN How Do I Close My Nairaland Account by bobthebuilder99(m): 9:49am On Jun 08, 2013
justwise:

I moderate the same way and people who need help keep coming back to the section and a single thread is growing into 757 pages, if they don't like it they would have gone to other sites. Nobody want a traitor in his site, if you like it then stay and when you don't feel it any more leave quietly.

I wonder how long it will take for the culture and principles of democracy to sink in for you. This site is not a democracy, but you should have at least internalized the concept of responsive leadership by now.

It's already clear that you don't understand how the FREE market works...

Have fun being "King" in your very small corner of the internet. grin

1 Like

Re: OK, SEUN How Do I Close My Nairaland Account by justwise(m): 9:58am On Jun 08, 2013
bobthebuilder99:

I wonder how long it will take for the culture of democracy to sink in for you.

Have fun being "King" in your very small corner of the internet. grin

This is democracy, you have been given the platform to air your views but if you want to abuse it then somebody will show you the exit door quicker than you expected.
Re: OK, SEUN How Do I Close My Nairaland Account by bobthebuilder99(m): 10:10am On Jun 08, 2013
justwise:

This is democracy, you have been given the platform to air your views but if you want to abuse it then somebody will show you the exit door quicker than you expected.

LOL, it is clear that you are an e-warrior. grin

At the risk of divulging personal info, I have been involved in the private sector for for 23 years and have seen many people like you. You never last. Before I went into business for myself, I had bosses like you, and I hated them.

Sigh...Seun understands leadership (and public relations). You have a lot to learn from him.
Re: OK, SEUN How Do I Close My Nairaland Account by justwise(m): 10:15am On Jun 08, 2013
bobthebuilder99:

LOL, it is clear that you are an e-warrior. grin

At the risk of divulging personal info, I have been involved in the private sector for for 23 years and have seen many people like you. You never last. Before I went into business for myself, I had bosses like you, and I hated them.

Sigh...Seun understands leadership (and public relations). You have a lot to learn from him.

I'm sure they hated you as well as and couldn't wait to get rid of you.
Re: OK, SEUN How Do I Close My Nairaland Account by bobthebuilder99(m): 10:19am On Jun 08, 2013
justwise:

I'm sure they hated you as well as and couldn't wait to get rid of you.

Actually, most of them ended up asking me for a job at one point or another.

Doesn't matter though. I am done with this conversation.
Re: OK, SEUN How Do I Close My Nairaland Account by justwise(m): 10:41am On Jun 08, 2013
bobthebuilder99:

Actually, most of them ended up asking me for a job at one point or another.

Doesn't matter though. I am done with this conversation.

Indeed, who do we ask? Keep saying that to yourself to feel better.
Re: OK, SEUN How Do I Close My Nairaland Account by bobthebuilder99(m): 11:08am On Jun 08, 2013
justwise:

Indeed, who do we ask? Keep saying that to yourself to feel better.

You should ask your father! tongue

Look at my posts and see if I sound like an uneducated lout.
That's about all I can prove online. Or maybe you can check my IP address and see how many countries I've logged in from?

Bye!
Re: OK, SEUN How Do I Close My Nairaland Account by justwise(m): 11:32am On Jun 08, 2013
bobthebuilder99:

You should ask your father! tongue

Look at my posts and see if I sound like an uneducated lout.
That's about all I can prove online. Or maybe you can check my IP address and see how many countries I've logged in from?

Bye!

Exactly how you come across all along
Re: OK, SEUN How Do I Close My Nairaland Account by Seun(m): 11:25pm On Jun 08, 2013
Lets end this. We have apologized and that is the end of that. I appreciate both sides of the debate.
Re: OK, SEUN How Do I Close My Nairaland Account by splashbaby(m): 9:06pm On Jun 09, 2013
Seun: Lets end this. We have apologized and that is the end of that. I appreciate both sides of the debate.
Democratic comment. While stalking Sexkillz I got stucked with the Miss Nairaland stuff and love the great job he was doing with Ogugua...what a marvelous performance. Justwise too I used to follow on the travel section (Quatar stuff especially)..But do you know your biggest mistakes...Start paying your MODs and they will see everybody as a customer and treat them well...
Re: OK, SEUN How Do I Close My Nairaland Account by splashbaby(m): 9:22pm On Jun 09, 2013
Seun! you have to start paying your MODs...when you pay they become very loyal. Imagine if Justwise was your employee? he will never make such replies like he did here! We are not planning to destroy your business by asking for some certain features. Get a business Model that will effectively take advantage of the MOD and contributors on this site, there are so many things to build on and we don't want this site to crumble.You don't even know the calibre of people on this site not even me!

2 Likes

Re: OK, SEUN How Do I Close My Nairaland Account by taymey(m): 1:47am On Jun 24, 2013
I want to put another one with my new email...I don't have access to the old one and I don't want some posts that has been there so grateful if u do this bro[/color][color=#000099]
Re: OK, SEUN How Do I Close My Nairaland Account by boyraod(m): 7:44am On Jul 15, 2013
Hi Seun!

I really need to delete my account. Help!
--------
*if anybody else can help, please do!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

(Picture) Captivating Eyes or Not? / Hot-Angel : Lizzy (Crazy, Funny and smart-ass). / Every Human Being Is Almost Equally Intelligent - Blackteeth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.