Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,402 members, 7,812,179 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:37 AM

OK, SEUN How Do I Close My Nairaland Account - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / OK, SEUN How Do I Close My Nairaland Account (12910 Views)

Oga Seun, How Come Somebody Is Using My Handle? / Seun, How Could You Do This To Us? / Seun, How About A Legal Section (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: OK, SEUN How Do I Close My Nairaland Account by alafin(m): 8:16am On Jul 19, 2012
Oga Seun, abeg talk true, wetin be the agenda gan for not providing avenue for account deactivation. I thought it shouldn't take more than 10min to sort out.

Seun seriously your website exposes a lot about people, the moment you type your primary email on google or even nairaland search engine you are exposed to the world immediately. Please sort this o before my girlfriend begin see all my yearnings... smiley
Re: OK, SEUN How Do I Close My Nairaland Account by Odunnu: 8:22am On Jul 19, 2012
When you deactivate your account, what happens to the threads especially the ones with wide popularity?
Re: OK, SEUN How Do I Close My Nairaland Account by onatisi(m): 8:32am On Jul 19, 2012
Odunnu: When you deactivate your account, what happens to the threads especially the ones with wide popularity?
who gives a goddamm shit about popularity people are talking about their relationship,future and life here and u are talking about popularity ,who are u anyway ?are u seun spokeperson or what?pls this is not a joking matter ,if u want to joke go to the jokes section

2 Likes

Re: OK, SEUN How Do I Close My Nairaland Account by justwise(m): 9:24am On Jul 19, 2012
onatisi:
who gives a goddamm shit about popularity people are talking about their relationship,future and life here and u are talking about popularity ,who are u anyway ?are u seun spokeperson or what?pls this is not a joking matter ,if u want to joke go to the jokes section

Odunnu has a valid point, deactivating your account will not stop anybody from getting back all your previous posts. That is simply to do.

What Seun suggested is the best option, deleting your post is the only way you can solve it. As long as a single word you typed here or anywhere online still exist one can still see it yrs after you deactivated your account.

If you feel that some post exposes you then delete it and stop dropping your email address or phone number on public forum.
Re: OK, SEUN How Do I Close My Nairaland Account by justwise(m): 9:30am On Jul 19, 2012
alafin: Oga Seun, abeg talk true, wetin be the agenda gan for not providing avenue for account deactivation. I thought it shouldn't take more than 10min to sort out.

Seun seriously your website exposes a lot about people, the moment you type your primary email on google or even nairaland search engine you are exposed to the world immediately. Please sort this o before my girlfriend begin see all my yearnings... smiley

Whatever you put online is not secret, whether in NL or FB, its your responsibility to safe guard your details, if you don't want people to see it then don't put it online.
Re: OK, SEUN How Do I Close My Nairaland Account by Odunnu: 9:32am On Jul 19, 2012
onatisi:
Why are you hyperventilating like this? If you care much about you, you should also learn to put others into consideration too.
Read my post again.
Lemme try and explain again, it doesnt call for anger.
Assuming you started a thread in January and that thread spanned to 30pages with various people commenting, some more getting knowledge/ideas, many more just viewing and generally, getting entertained. This thread that was started by you, what happens to it when you deactivate? Does it go with your deactivation as it happens on fbk?
Re: OK, SEUN How Do I Close My Nairaland Account by onatisi(m): 9:38am On Jul 19, 2012
you still havent gotten my point ,we cant even delete our posts !that is the issue if i could i would have done that,i tried deleting some of my posts and i cant find the delete button,the only thing i can see is modify !
Re: OK, SEUN How Do I Close My Nairaland Account by justwise(m): 9:59am On Jul 19, 2012
onatisi: you still havent gotten my point ,we cant even delete our posts !that is the issue if i could i would have done that,i tried deleting some of my posts and i cant find the delete button,the only thing i can see is modify !

Use modify button.
Re: OK, SEUN How Do I Close My Nairaland Account by onatisi(m): 10:05am On Jul 19, 2012
justwise:

Use modify button.
jesus christ!

2 Likes

Re: OK, SEUN How Do I Close My Nairaland Account by skyone(m): 10:28am On Jul 19, 2012
justwise:

Odunnu has a valid point, deactivating your account will not stop anybody from getting back all your previous posts. That is simply to do.

What Seun suggested is the best option, deleting your post is the only way you can solve it. As long as a single word you typed here or anywhere online still exist one can still see it yrs after you deactivated your account.

If you feel that some post exposes you then delete it and stop dropping your email address or phone number on public forum.

Honestly you are big retarded person for this kind of comment, how dare you?

SEUN IS PLAYING WITH PEOPLE'S DATA. FB, TWITTER ETC KNOWS HOW FAR THEY CAN BE WORLDLY FINED FOR NOT PROVIDING ADEQUATE SECURITY FOR PEOPLE'S DATA. DO REALISE YOUR SITE IS AN OBJECT/INSTRUMENT FOR GROOMING TERRORISM, HACKERS, PEADOPHILES ETC. YOU GUYS ARE PLAYING WITH LAW SUIT THAT WILL DESTROY YOUR DESTINY FOREVER.

3 Likes

Re: OK, SEUN How Do I Close My Nairaland Account by esere826: 10:31am On Jul 19, 2012
justwise:

Use modify button.

@OP et al
Although labourious, the Modify button is it for now. Probably serves you right small for not taking a little care with ur info. Deleting history has never been an easy task even for empires.

@Seun and his team
This is a concern you should heed. But don't be in a hurry to adopt new formats, neither should you be complacent about 'disappearing peoples histories'. Please spend some 'quality' time doing some intensive research on the implications of both to: posters, other commentators, guest viewers, NL business model, 'thread sense' etc.

2 Likes

Re: OK, SEUN How Do I Close My Nairaland Account by Freiburger(m): 10:36am On Jul 19, 2012
skyone:

SEUN IS PLAYING WITH PEOPLE'S DATA. FB, TWITTER ETC KNOWS HOW FAR THEY CAN BE WORLDLY FINED FOR NOT PROVIDING ADEQUATE SECURITY FOR PEOPLE'S DATA. DO REALISE YOUR SITE IS AN OBJECT/INSTRUMENT FOR GROOMING TERRORISM, HACKERS, PEADOPHILES ETC. YOU GUYS ARE PLAYING WITH LAW SUIT THAT WILL DESTROY YOUR DESTINY FOREVER.
Can i call this the reasons for the drama?
Re: OK, SEUN How Do I Close My Nairaland Account by alafin(m): 10:48am On Jul 19, 2012
Freiburger:
Can i call this the reasons for the drama?

Honestly why on Earth i can't deactivate my account, please explain. Aside that even ordinary guest can view people's profile and chat topic/messages.

Wetin be na problem gan na, na by force to die for Nairaland ni.

3 Likes

Re: OK, SEUN How Do I Close My Nairaland Account by alafin(m): 10:51am On Jul 19, 2012
skyone:

Oga skyone are you telling me bopussy haram uses computer as well ?
Re: OK, SEUN How Do I Close My Nairaland Account by justwise(m): 11:14am On Jul 19, 2012
skyone:

You are such a lousy drama queen. Deactivating account does not mean that all your post will not be visible to people when they do a simple search. If you don't want your post to be visible to anybody then delete it or don't post it at all.

Whenever you post anything in a public forum it becomes public material and anybody can see it, Seun is not exposing your email address or your phone number, you did and its your responsibility to modify your personal details.

If you think that you can take anybody to court for this then you are having a nightmare, if i were Seun i will say . . see you in court.
Re: OK, SEUN How Do I Close My Nairaland Account by onatisi(m): 11:19am On Jul 19, 2012
alafin:

Oga skyone are you telling me bopussy haram uses computer as well ?
i dont think u know the impact and how ppl log on to it so u think all the 900k members and normal ppl,we have armed robbers,kidnappers.hire killers,boko haram,niger delta ,sss,embassy officials,ppl from china to australia know and are this site .anything and i repeat anything can happen to anybody,no matter how smart,intelligent or careful u may think u are.that is he reality of it all.
Re: OK, SEUN How Do I Close My Nairaland Account by justwise(m): 11:21am On Jul 19, 2012
esere826:

@OP et al
Although labourious, the Modify button is it for now. Probably serves you right small for not taking a little care with ur info. Deleting history has never been an easy task even for empires.

@Seun and his team
This is a concern you should heed. But don't be in a hurry to adopt new formats, neither should you be complacent about 'disappearing peoples histories'. Please spend some 'quality' time doing some intensive research on the implications of both to: posters, other commentators, guest viewers, NL business model, 'thread sense' etc.

Any sensible individual will know that you don't drop your personal details or say things you wouldn't want the public to read in public forum, nothing is secret online, you don't hold the owner of the site responsible for your own irresponsible actions.
Re: OK, SEUN How Do I Close My Nairaland Account by justwise(m): 11:22am On Jul 19, 2012
onatisi:
i dont think u know the impact and how ppl log on to it so u think all the 900k members and normal ppl,we have armed robbers,kidnappers.hire killers,boko haram,niger delta ,sss,embassy officials,ppl from china to australia know and are this site .anything and i repeat anything can happen to anybody,no matter how smart,intelligent or careful u may think u are.that is he reality of it all.

Then stay away from Internet completely, that is the only way you will be safe.
Re: OK, SEUN How Do I Close My Nairaland Account by onatisi(m): 11:24am On Jul 19, 2012
there is a way round this ,the way things are seun is saying we cant leave ok,so we are stuck here no problem.can we at least have a way of hidding some posts ,mind u not topic posts or threads which one has made on certain topics what about that?
if the moderator can remove and hide certain threads then the person posting them should be able to,

1 Like

Re: OK, SEUN How Do I Close My Nairaland Account by skyone(m): 12:07pm On Jul 19, 2012
justwise:

You are such a lousy drama queen. Deactivating account does not mean that all your post will not be visible to people when they do a simple search. If you don't want your post to be visible to anybody then delete it or don't post it at all.

Whenever you post anything in a public forum it becomes public material and anybody can see it, Seun is not exposing your email address or your phone number, you did and its your responsibility to modify your personal details.

If you think that you can take anybody to court for this then you are having a nightmare, if i were Seun i will say . . see you in court.

YOU ARE BIG FOOL IF NOT THE BIGGEST, WHO CARES ABOUT WHETHER PEOPLE WANTS TO SEE MY POST OR NOT, I WANT TO DEACTIVATE MY ACCOUNT SIMPLE ABC. WHY IS YOUR DUMBASS BRAIN KEEP TELLING YOU AM AFTER DELETING POST. IF YOU ARE SEUN OR ONE OF HIS SERVANT HAVE SOME COMMON SENSE AND PROVIDE HOW PEOPLE CAN DEACTIVATE THEIR ACCOUNT AND STOP HOLDING PEOPLE TO RANSOM. IT IS ILLEGAL.

3 Likes

Re: OK, SEUN How Do I Close My Nairaland Account by r231(m): 12:21pm On Jul 19, 2012
skyone:

YOU ARE BIG FOOL IF NOT THE BIGGEST, WHO CARES ABOUT WHETHER PEOPLE WANTS TO SEE MY POST OR NOT, I WANT TO DEACTIVATE MY ACCOUNT SIMPLE ABC. WHY IS YOUR DUMBASS BRAIN KEEP TELLING YOU AM AFTER DELETING POST. IF YOU ARE SEUN OR ONE OF HIS SERVANT HAVE SOME COMMON SENSE AND PROVIDE HOW PEOPLE CAN DEACTIVATE THEIR ACCOUNT AND STOP HOLDING PEOPLE TO RANSOM. IT IS ILLEGAL.

RANSOM undecided undecided undecided undecided

How
Re: OK, SEUN How Do I Close My Nairaland Account by justwise(m): 12:24pm On Jul 19, 2012
skyone:

skyone:

YOU ARE BIG FOOL IF NOT THE BIGGEST, WHO CARES ABOUT WHETHER PEOPLE WANTS TO SEE MY POST OR NOT, [/b]I WANT TO DEACTIVATE MY ACCOUNT SIMPLE ABC. WHY IS YOUR DUMBASS BRAIN KEEP TELLING YOU AM AFTER DELETING POST. IF YOU ARE SEUN OR ONE OF HIS SERVANT HAVE SOME COMMON SENSE AND PROVIDE HOW PEOPLE CAN DEACTIVATE THEIR ACCOUNT AND STOP HOLDING PEOPLE TO RANSOM. IT IS ILLEGAL.

Rant from mentally derailed individual, judging by some of the threads you have started since 2007, its obvious that you are supposed to be in mental health hospital receiving much needed treatment.

In 2008 you started a thread titled: [b]Seun Ur Forum Has Now Become An Anti-christ Forum
https://www.nairaland.com/141747/seun-ur-forum-now-become,

One would have thought that you are a member of deeper life but your next thread titled: Ladies, Please,please,please Stop Fronting For Too Long https://www.nairaland.com/114658/ladies-pleasepleaseplease-stop-fronting-too proves that you are just an attention seeking plonker.

Keep ranting . .
Re: OK, SEUN How Do I Close My Nairaland Account by collins123(m): 1:15pm On Jul 19, 2012
Pls dudes, stop ranting. You cant delete your account for now.

What I did to mine was this : go to www.boun.cr and get a cloaked email. Then log in to your account here and change your original email to the cloaked one. Its a permanent email and all your notifications will be forwarded to your original email if you want it so.

Also change all other details you feel like on your account. I prtsonally don't register public forums with my real bio data. Its crazy risky!!!
Re: OK, SEUN How Do I Close My Nairaland Account by denzel2009: 1:20pm On Jul 19, 2012
Easy to deactivate.

Go to start- type cmd - format c:

1 Like

Re: OK, SEUN How Do I Close My Nairaland Account by Nobody: 1:24pm On Jul 19, 2012
I hope this is been seen as an avenue for improvement, Am proud of Nairaland and i'll love to see it get better. I think we should be suggesting features and improvements to Seun not .....

1 Like

Re: OK, SEUN How Do I Close My Nairaland Account by Nobody: 1:43pm On Jul 19, 2012
This is not fair.Really. I've asked this question before on how to delete a topic. Someone suggested i modify it,but the issue is that someone had already quoted my original post so i couldn't completely remove what i initially wrote. Sometimes its not about personal info. You guys should just give people a lot of options,you know. I may not want to delete a topic or post now but its nice to know i have the choice to do it whenever i want. . .
Re: OK, SEUN How Do I Close My Nairaland Account by tpia5: 1:44pm On Jul 19, 2012
onatisi:
jesus christ!

Seriously, i feel you.
Re: OK, SEUN How Do I Close My Nairaland Account by justwise(m): 1:48pm On Jul 19, 2012
brokoto: This is not fair.Really. I've asked this question before on how to delete a topic. Someone suggested i modify it,but the issue is that someone had already quoted my original post so i couldn't completely remove what i initially wrote. Sometimes its not about personal info. You guys should just give people a lot of options,you know. I may not want to delete a topic or post now but its nice to know i have the choice to do it whenever i want. . .

Tell the Mod of that section to modify your quoted post and it will be done easily.
Re: OK, SEUN How Do I Close My Nairaland Account by justwise(m): 1:51pm On Jul 19, 2012
denzel2009:
Easy to deactivate.

Go to start- type cmd - format c:

Really , hmmmmmm, i can't wait to see tears here.
Re: OK, SEUN How Do I Close My Nairaland Account by onatisi(m): 4:05pm On Jul 19, 2012
seun has built a house with an entrance door but no exit door,let pray the house doesnt catch fire.
i have two questions here what happens if an undesirable element joins this site and start scammin and doing all sorts f this and dragging the name of nl in the mud how will seun and his moderators get rid of such a person since accrding to seun accounts cant be deleted?
number two most sites have options like blocking person by account holders ,deleting of accounts by account holders and befriending and unfriend what does seun have for his members here?
the answers to this two question will bring out suggestions n the way forward

1 Like

Re: OK, SEUN How Do I Close My Nairaland Account by Seun(m): 4:29pm On Jul 19, 2012
Topics can be hidden for legitimate reasons, but moderators are not authorized to do this. Just PM a super-moderator.
If you've included inappropriate details (e.g. email) in a post, just edit the post and remove the inappropriate details.
Re: OK, SEUN How Do I Close My Nairaland Account by onatisi(m): 4:34pm On Jul 19, 2012
Seun: Topics can be hidden for legitimate reasons, but moderators are not authorized to do this. Just PM a super-moderator.
If you've included inappropriate details (e.g. email) in a post, just edit the post and remove the inappropriate details.
now u are talking what u should have told ppl who are nervous from the begigng of this topic was to try and calm their nerves by tellin them u will look into their issue and that in the mean time theyshoul just delete ,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

(Picture) Captivating Eyes or Not? / Hot-Angel : Lizzy (Crazy, Funny and smart-ass). / Every Human Being Is Almost Equally Intelligent - Blackteeth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.