Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,455 members, 7,812,395 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:41 PM

OK, SEUN How Do I Close My Nairaland Account - Nairaland / General (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / OK, SEUN How Do I Close My Nairaland Account (12912 Views)

Oga Seun, How Come Somebody Is Using My Handle? / Seun, How Could You Do This To Us? / Seun, How About A Legal Section (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: OK, SEUN How Do I Close My Nairaland Account by Davo93(m): 11:33am On Sep 25, 2013
Hmmmm... i stumbled on this thread lately and i took my time to read closely.

Firstly, Justwise was so unwise and rude to Nairalanders after they requested for something legitimate. Thats quite disheartening!

Secondly, i never looked from the angles these concerned Nairalanders are looking from as per safety and security but i am begining to understand somethings.

Thirdly, I guess the fear of Seun not loosing lead has prevented him from considering this serious issue and that could back-fire in no time.

Lastly, i am sure if a lot of Nairalanders understand the consequence of lack of privacy and security they are exposed to here, they will dump it! I am becoming skeptical on putting up replies and topics here on Nairaland.

I want to implore Seun and Mukina2 to please give this matter a second thought.

1 Like

Re: OK, SEUN How Do I Close My Nairaland Account by justwise(m): 12:01pm On Sep 25, 2013
Davo93: Hmmmm... i stumbled on this thread lately and i took my time to read closely.

Firstly, Justwise was so unwise and rude to Nairalanders after they requested for something legitimate. Thats quite disheartening!

Secondly, i never looked from the angles these concerned Nairalanders are looking from as per safety and security but i am begining to understand somethings.

Thirdly, I guess the fear of Seun not loosing lead has prevented him from considering this serious issue and that could back-fire in no time.

Lastly, i am sure if a lot of Nairalanders understand the consequence of lack of privacy and security they are exposed to here, they will dump it! I am becoming skeptical on putting up replies and topics here on Nairaland.

Will deactivating your account prevent people from seeing your previous posts here?
Re: OK, SEUN How Do I Close My Nairaland Account by Nobody: 12:39pm On Sep 25, 2013
Seun: we are understaffed at the moment.

Understaffed?? Lol I laugh in japanese. What has that got to do with anything? Were u understaffed when u created the like and quote button? Understaffed my foot. Please give us a delete button jor!

2 Likes

Re: OK, SEUN How Do I Close My Nairaland Account by Davo93(m): 6:31pm On Sep 25, 2013
justwise:

Will deactivating your account prevent people from seeing your previous posts here?
What are you talking here man?? what happens to your posts when you deactivate your Facebook account?
Re: OK, SEUN How Do I Close My Nairaland Account by tpia5: 8:18pm On Sep 25, 2013
One day, seun will not be able to deactivate accounts fast enough.
Re: OK, SEUN How Do I Close My Nairaland Account by justwise(m): 7:46am On Sep 26, 2013
Davo93: What are you talking here man?? what happens to your posts when you deactivate your Facebook account?

Still hidden online, if you are worried about your privacy and security online then don't drop your contact details or say things you wouldn't want to public to read
Re: OK, SEUN How Do I Close My Nairaland Account by Davo93(m): 11:07am On Sep 26, 2013
justwise:
[/b]
Still hidden online, if you are worried about your privacy and security online then don't drop your contact details or say things you wouldn't want to public to read
grin grin grin *i laugh in spanish* i am sure you and i know whats up but am not here for an arguement or here to pick a fight with you. But these are simple issues that are supposed to be properly handled and Seun himself knows that...
Re: OK, SEUN How Do I Close My Nairaland Account by ify84(m): 10:53pm On Sep 26, 2013
this post was made last year... up till Now... nairaland owner refused to do anything about it... too bad... d users have asked for two things... deactivating account and deleting post... NOTHING HAS BEEN DONE... THREE BAD INDEED

2 Likes

Re: OK, SEUN How Do I Close My Nairaland Account by Nobody: 12:04am On Sep 27, 2013
life and death matter. Tracing things. please provide account deactivation quickly. seun please

1 Like

Re: OK, SEUN How Do I Close My Nairaland Account by justwise(m): 12:13am On Sep 27, 2013
Davo93: grin grin grin *i laugh in spanish* i am sure you and i know whats up but am not here for an arguement or here to pick a fight with you. But these are simple issues that are supposed to be properly handled and Seun himself knows that...

I don't know what you are on about.
Re: OK, SEUN How Do I Close My Nairaland Account by Davo93(m): 3:41am On Sep 27, 2013
Addressed To: Seun, Mukina2 and other forum moderators

Hello Sir/Ma,

I will try to be succinct in this open letter as much as possible. I commend your untired effort towards making our Nairaland a very wonderful online community. You and your team are doing a great job!

I will like to draw your attention to some contentious issues that have been severally raised but yet unattended to. The issues are;
1.) The ability of a user to deactivate his/her account.
2.) Creation of a 'delete' tab on every users' posts and topics

Without much rigmaroling, we are more than sure that you are fully aware of these requests, especially Mr Seun due to your 'foot-steps' traced to several threads that talked so much about the requests and reasons why it should be added here. It has also come to our full notice that staffs are even been rude and unwise to users pleading for these features implementation. All the for-explained are explicitely evident in the topic with its link below.
https://www.nairaland.com/993846/ok-seun-how-close-nairaland

Our privacy is paramount and very important to us!

Our Requests;
1.) We demand an unreserved apology for the rude and unwise ways members were harrased by the forum staffs for demanding these necessary features.
2.) We demand that any moderator found to be part of this rude act should be severely punished.
3.) We demand a lucid explanation why our requests have been turned to by deaf ears of the forum board.
4.) We demand an immediate and unconditional implementation of those requested features.

We also demand a levelled playing ground on this matter if truely you are sensitive to our plight.

In line with these requests, we are giving the forum board a 7-day ultimatum to fully yield to our beckoning because we believe it will take the learned computer gurus on the board's administration a tap of button to fix. To this effect, the time given commences this minute.

Failure to do this, we are going to mobilise a 100,000 Nairalanders for an e-protest to press home for our demands.

A luta continua! Victoria e certa!!

Davo93
For: Concerned Nairalanders

1 Like

Re: OK, SEUN How Do I Close My Nairaland Account by Gboliwe: 6:23am On Sep 27, 2013
Davo93: Hmmmm... i stumbled on this thread lately and i took my time to read closely.

what a judge you are! You went through the pages and concluded that Justwise was rude? You are so biased.

It is clear that skyone was angrily making insultive comments, he initiated the whole drama and Justwise was even calm the better part of the charade. As for Onatisi, that one alongside tpia were just stoking flames. They don't have anything to say than to push skyone to fire and hide behind.

Somebody asked that with most nairalanders clamouring for front page, if a post receives frontpage publicity and with over 60,000 views and 3,000 comments later the owner of such thread decide to leave by deactivation, what happens to the 3,000 comments? This is a public forum. Everything here is on google. Have that at the back of your minds when you decide to wash your lingeries

1 Like

Re: OK, SEUN How Do I Close My Nairaland Account by justwise(m): 1:00pm On Sep 27, 2013
Gboliwe:
what a judge you are! You went through the pages and concluded that Justwise was rude? You are so biased.

It is clear that skyone was angrily making insultive comments, he initiated the whole drama and Justwise was even calm the better part of the charade. As for Onatisi, that one alongside tpia were just stoking flames. They don't have anything to say than to push skyone to fire and hide behind.

Somebody asked that with most nairalanders clamouring for front page, if a post receives frontpage publicity and with over 60,000 views and 3,000 comments later the owner of such thread decide to leave by deactivation, what happens to the 3,000 comments? This is a public forum. Everything here is on google. Have that at the back of your minds when you decide to wash your lingeries

Oh no!, he only saw my replies, his ability to read ,comprehend then make judgement starts and ends with my posts
Re: OK, SEUN How Do I Close My Nairaland Account by Djkels(m): 1:16pm On Sep 27, 2013
The day people can delete there accounts is the day we will all realise that 1million members is a myth

1 Like

Re: OK, SEUN How Do I Close My Nairaland Account by lemmings(m): 1:26pm On Sep 27, 2013
Wow!

I've never thought of checking for a delete button. I've always thought it was there. That when i want to opt-out,and i mean DELETE ALL MY POSTS AND MY ACCOUNT,not just become inactive,i can. It gave me peace of mind to think i could delete my account and create another one at any given time. But now, i'm kind of worried.facebook has been through this. And i think they still are.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_Facebook

A delete button is a kind of reassurance. That you can leave and take all your belongings with you. I can modify all my posts, but can i modify what has been quoted?

I love nairaland,it's a crazy funny place. If more and more people find out about this(and they will).. There's going to be issues. Serious issues.

I pray seun gets more staff to help him deal with this,before a simple request would turn into something else.

Right now, i'm not as comfortable as i was,when thinking there was a delete button.

But hey, i'm just one member from over a million right? I don't matter. smiley

3 Likes

Re: OK, SEUN How Do I Close My Nairaland Account by Seun(m): 3:50pm On Sep 27, 2013
I appreciate your feedback!
Re: OK, SEUN How Do I Close My Nairaland Account by Djkels(m): 3:58pm On Sep 27, 2013
Seun: I appreciate your feedback!
Thats gud
Re: OK, SEUN How Do I Close My Nairaland Account by psky: 4:01pm On Sep 27, 2013
I honestly do not know why seun will not listen to his customers, their are business owners who would beg for feedback, but this guy simply ignores them.
Re: OK, SEUN How Do I Close My Nairaland Account by Nobody: 1:31pm On Sep 28, 2013
Seun: I appreciate your feedback!
@Seun I need my user name (abi na handle) changed please ...
Re: OK, SEUN How Do I Close My Nairaland Account by boofydon: 1:22pm On Sep 29, 2013
Just finished reading d thread! All i have to say is that seun has really played a mature role not like some other dudes like JUSTWISE pouring out his anger on d various feedbacks! In business u dnt expect to always hav postive feedbacks so dnt be ur customers antagonist cuz d feedbacks doesnt go well wit u
Re: OK, SEUN How Do I Close My Nairaland Account by turl(m): 6:38pm On Sep 29, 2013
Seun, please get this thing ready pronto abeg. I appreciate your calm responses and that seems to be the only thing keeping people at bay to be honest, but I must confess it's hard to believe you didn't include this from get go.
I was personally forced to open up a new ID for this very reason. Hope it gets sorted soon.
Re: OK, SEUN How Do I Close My Nairaland Account by Nobody: 9:00pm On Sep 29, 2013
So, there really isn't a 'delete' button
Re: OK, SEUN How Do I Close My Nairaland Account by boyraod(m): 11:36am On Oct 05, 2013
Rukemi291: So, there really isn't a 'delete' button
*SIGH!* Yeah..
Re: OK, SEUN How Do I Close My Nairaland Account by Nobody: 12:13am On Sep 10, 2014
I'M TIRED OH!
Re: OK, SEUN How Do I Close My Nairaland Account by datnigga: 9:13pm On Dec 15, 2014
how do i delete my account plss? this is serious issue and for my personal sake i will like to delete or deactivate my account
Re: OK, SEUN How Do I Close My Nairaland Account by Murunz: 6:30pm On Jul 05, 2017
Staying more in this forum has no point..
Am just not even up to a month old here and this SUCKS ...
Imagine I can't post anymore..
You just keep on telling me server overwhelmed for the past two days
C'mon Seun you need to upgrade...
I see some close threads and still on your network..
Is that a back up file??
Those are ment to be deleted or saved in a seprate system so that when there are references, one would easily get it...
Wanna Upgrade Nairaland?
Email me..
Am not perfect, just wanna impact knowledge into you..
Mr Oluwaseun Temitope Osewa, am waiting for your mail.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

(Picture) Captivating Eyes or Not? / Hot-Angel : Lizzy (Crazy, Funny and smart-ass). / Every Human Being Is Almost Equally Intelligent - Blackteeth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.