Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,908 members, 7,828,186 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:16 AM

Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos - Politics (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos (47651 Views)

Mimiko’s Victory, End Of ACN In South-west – Afenifere / 3,000 LP Members Defect To ACN In Owo, Ondo / Breaking News! Pdp Defeats Acn In Lagos Bye-election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (40) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by manny4life(m): 6:39pm On Jul 22, 2012
*Ileke-IdI:
Posts made by our Okoro professors today

1. Anambrans do not live in Lagos

2. [s]Ekiti is a variation of the English language
[/s]
3. Enugu's buildings don't have "pan" rooftops like Ibadan and Ekiti

4. [s]Why would Igbos live in Lagos? Even though they claim 90% of it's population.[/s]

The strike-through are clearly false because I've pretty much followed this thread. She did not say ekiti was a variation of English, but she said Ekiti may have it own variation of Englsh Language just like Ebonics, NE American English or whatever.
Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by Nobody: 6:40pm On Jul 22, 2012
bashr8: u don finally tire

Bros, call your brothers out to play cool
Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by Zeruchi: 6:41pm On Jul 22, 2012
manny4life:

The strike-through are clearly false because I've pretty much followed this thread. She did not say ekiti was a variation of English, but she said Ekiti may have it own variation of Englsh Language just like Ebonics, NE American English or whatever.

Does she care? The fact she has to make up points says all you need to know cheesy
Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by Nobody: 6:43pm On Jul 22, 2012
Aww @ Mannny trying to help Zeruchi and her Ekiti is a variation of the English language palava.

Zeruchi :

Does she care? The fact she has to make up points says all you need to know cheesy
Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by Nobody: 6:46pm On Jul 22, 2012
*Ileke-IdI:

1. Anambrans do not live in Lagos because Anambra has the larges population of millionaires

2. Ekiti is a variation of the English language, now it's Ekiti = having it's own variation of the English language.

3. Enugu's buildings don't have "pan" rooftops like Ibadan and Ekiti lol

4. Why would Igbos live in Lagos? Even though they claim 90% of it's population.

Okoromantic professors at it again.

No wonder T9sky and Dayokanu left.
Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by OldWizard1: 6:48pm On Jul 22, 2012
Igbo are politically naive. Do they think this approach will fetch them anything? If anything, it would make the goons in Lagos more strategic in reducing the influence of Igbo further. Don't be surprise to see some funny economic policies in future!

If they are wise and strategic they should work with Akabueze to advance his political interests beyond commissioner level. They should prompt him to vie for Senatorial ticket or something in that line. It's easier to sell someone who is part of success story than using a party with a bad public perception to threaten a well favored party.

You build alliances, nurture alliances but not burn bridges.

2 Likes

Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by manny4life(m): 6:48pm On Jul 22, 2012
*Ileke-IdI:
Aww @ Mannny trying to help Zeruchi and her Ekiti is a variation of the English language palava.

Not trying to help anyone, her post are there. Just like El-Rufai (the mallam he-goat) said, if lies and falsehood are being told continiously, sooner or later, people will see them as the truth. Therefore, for the mere fact the concocted such falsehood as summary, I wanted to immediately dispel it as lies. I don't care if yall go back and forth, but spreading false information is dead wrong.
Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by Nobody: 6:50pm On Jul 22, 2012
The fight is between Lagos and ndigbo or whatever they call them..

Why can't you guys take on the King of Lagos, and leave other people out of it?

I'm a son of the soil, come and debate me, cowards..

Lagos vs Ndigbo..
Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by EzeUche(m): 6:52pm On Jul 22, 2012
shymmex: The fight is between Lagos and ndigbo or whatever they call them..

Why can't you guys take on the King of Lagos, and leave other people out of it?

I'm a son of the soil, come and debate me, cowards..

Lagos vs Ndigbo..

Boy aren't you akata? You never lived in Nigeria so how can you be son of the soil? grin
Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by Nobody: 6:53pm On Jul 22, 2012
manny4life:

Not trying to help anyone, her post are there. Just like El-Rufai (the mallam he-goat) said, if lies and falsehood are being told continiously, sooner or later, people will see them as the truth. Therefore, for the mere fact the concocted such falsehood as summary, I wanted to immediately dispel it as lies. I don't care if yall go back and forth, but spreading false information is dead wrong.

LOL @ from Ekiti is a variation of the English language to Ekiti has it's own variation of the English language, like Ebonics.
The gal already admitted to not caring enough to make sense.
Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by Nobody: 6:53pm On Jul 22, 2012
Cowards are shook.. grin grin

We want equality in Lagos, yet you discriminate against osu people..

You'll NEVER rule Lagos, period..

Keep dreaming, cowards.. undecided undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by odumchi: 6:55pm On Jul 22, 2012
shymmex: Check my signature.. wink

Dedicating the rest of my life to the struggle against the Osu caste system..

I'll write an article about it, and expect a documentary from me soon...

Osu caste system has no place in the modern world.. cool

*Sigh* undecided

Nairaland's number one attention seeker, what is it now?

You're speaking as if you know an iota of knowledge on the history and evolution of the people you're taking about. Go and learn about your Yoruba history and culture before your even attempt to delve into the complex affairs of another people.

This is the fourth or fifth time you've posted this thing on this thread alone and I'm sure it won't be te last.
Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by manny4life(m): 6:55pm On Jul 22, 2012
*Ileke-IdI:

Please stop trying to buffer her illiteracy.
LOL @ from Ekiti is a variation of the English language to Ekiti has it's own variation of the English language, like Ebonics.
The gal already admitted to not caring enough to make sense.

Zeruchi :

Okay lets see, just like there is British English there is American English and yes Nigerian English. Despite your stupidity this should be pretty easy to follow. Even in regions that speak the same language you can have variations on English.

Like Northern US English, Mid-Western English, Southern English smiley

This was her response when you said "so Ekiti is a variation of English"? You asked a question which she answered for you. This is on Pg 17, go back and read your rebuttal, you will see that she NEVER EVER stated that Ekiti is an English variation. You asked that question on assumption.
Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by Zeruchi: 6:56pm On Jul 22, 2012
Old Wizard: Igbo are politically naive. Do they think this approach will fetch them anything? If anything, it would make the goons in Lagos more strategic in reducing the influence of Igbo further. Don't be surprise to see some funny economic policies in future!

If they are wise and strategic they should work with Akabueze to advance his political interests beyond commissioner level. They should prompt him to vie for Senatorial ticket or something in that line. It's easier to sell someone who is part of success story than using a party with a bad public perception to threaten a well favored party.

Didn't I say this a few pages back wink
Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by Nobody: 6:56pm On Jul 22, 2012
Will be
Old Wizard: Igbo are politically naive. Do they think this approach will fetch them anything? If anything, it would make the goons in Lagos more strategic in reducing the influence of Igbo further. Don't be surprise to see some funny economic policies in future!

GBAM!!
Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by Nobody: 6:56pm On Jul 22, 2012
EzeUche:

Boy aren't you akata? You never lived in Nigeria so how can you be son of the soil? grin

What's akata?

I've have more rights in Lagos than Igbos who have been there for generations - FACT!!

I can go to Lagos and contest for an election tomorrow but Igbos can't - FACT!!

Lagos is me!! grin grin grin

You guys can keep hallucinating on the internet, but I'm coming to lord over you guys very soon.. cool
Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by Zeruchi: 6:57pm On Jul 22, 2012
shymmex: Cowards are shook.. grin grin

We want equality in Lagos, yet you discriminate against osu people..

You'll NEVER rule Lagos, period..

Keep dreaming, cowards.. undecided undecided undecided

That's akin to asking Lucifer to give me control of hell, why would I want it?
Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by Nobody: 6:58pm On Jul 22, 2012
odumchi:
*Sigh* undecided

Nairaland's number one attention seeker, what is it now?

You're speaking as if you know an iota of knowledge on the history and evolution of the people you're taking about. Go and learn about your Yoruba history and culture before your even attempt to delve into the complex affairs of another people.

This is the fourth or fifth time you've posted this thing on this thread alone and I'm sure it won't be te last.

You haven't answered my question..

Can you marry an osu chic?
Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by manny4life(m): 6:59pm On Jul 22, 2012
shymmex:

What's akata?

I've have more rights in Lagos than Igbos who have been there for generations - FACT!!

You guys can keep hallucinating on the internet, but I'm coming to lord over you guys very soon.. cool

What kinds of rights do you speak of? Right to run for election or vote? Which right do you have as a foreigner that more better than residents of Lagos?

Did you say you were born and bred in London? How can you go back and contest for election when you don't even qualify?
Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by Nobody: 6:59pm On Jul 22, 2012
Zeruchi :

Well considering the fact you claim to be proficient in English, I thought we were using something much higher than the Ekiti standard grin But if you want to set the bar to -12, Ekiti we will go smiley

As an added benefit, I'm glad to know other states exist in the SW. Thank you for that tidbit, I though Lagos was some super state that all SW states fall undergrin

LOL @ Ekiti is a variation of the English language.
Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by Nobody: 7:02pm On Jul 22, 2012
manny4life:
What kinds of rights do you speak of? Right to run for election or vote? Which right do you have as a foreigner that more better than residents of Lagos?

Did you say you were born and bred in London? How can you go back and contest for election when you don't even qualify?

Who told you I'm not qualified grin grin

I've got dual nationality, and the only thing I need to do is denounce the other one - and I'm ready to go. grin

I can always get it back, anyway.. grin
Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by manny4life(m): 7:02pm On Jul 22, 2012
*Ileke-IdI:

LOL @ Ekiti is a variation of the English language.

Bia, stop making mockery of yourself, this isn't becoming funny anymore.

If you're making jest, it's certainly not working because you, I as well as others know that's not true and she never said so - Reference Page 17 should shed more light on both of your rebuttal.

shymmex:

Marry or not, what relevance or economic importance is it?
Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by manny4life(m): 7:04pm On Jul 22, 2012
shymmex:

Who told you I'm not qualified grin grin

I've got dual nationality, and the only thing I need to do is denounce the other one - and I'm ready to go. grin

I can always get it back, anyway.. grin

How can you be a dual nationality when you were "BORN" in London? You need to revisit Nigeria's Constitution again. If you're born outside of Nigeria, you're clearly a "FOREIGN BORN" unlike people who naturalized under immigration laws.

Besides, what are you getting back? Nigerian citizenship?
Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by Nobody: 7:04pm On Jul 22, 2012
*Ileke-IdI:

1. Anambrans do not live in Lagos because Anambra has the larges population of millionaires

2. Ekiti is a variation of the English language, now it's Ekiti = having it's own variation of the English language.

3. Enugu's buildings don't have "pan" rooftops like Ibadan and Ekiti lol

4. Why would Igbos live in Lagos? Even though they claim 90% of it's population.

Okoromantic professors at it again.

No wonder T9sky and Dayokanu left.
Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by EzeUche(m): 7:04pm On Jul 22, 2012
shymmex:

What's akata?

You can't even speak Yoruba, so I do not see any Yoruba supporting you.

It is your own people who will distance themselves from you since they coined the term akata for people like you.

So instead of being angry at the Igbo, you should ask yourself why your own people do not accept you.

Throwing your own insecurities onto other people.
Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by Nobody: 7:05pm On Jul 22, 2012
Zeruchi :
Ladies and gentlemen and yes you too Ileke Idi, this was fun but before I go I have a few pictures I would like to show.

I kid grin

ROTFLMAO cheesy cheesy

I'll have to like this cool better than your Ekiti is a variation of the English language comedy wink
Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by manny4life(m): 7:06pm On Jul 22, 2012
Oh well, if this is how you intend to make a mockery of yourself, carry on cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by Nobody: 7:07pm On Jul 22, 2012
Danka7777: There is a popular adaje that: He who controls the land controls the state. When El rufai took over as FCT minister, he found out that 70-80% of properties and land in Abuja and its environs were own by the Igbos. This is a fact; research it. I am pretty sure if you went to the Lagos state development Authority or whatever you called it there, you would be shocked that the igbos own 70% of Lagos properties and land.
No more BIAFRA declaration on the 5th of November?You guys are so confused.
Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by odumchi: 7:07pm On Jul 22, 2012
shymmex:

Do you even know what 'osu' is? Can you state its origin, its history, the effects it has had on society, or the culture zone which it is prevelant in?

No.

But you talk as if you can. I'm telling you it's better for you to go to your hometown and learn your people's culture, language, tradition, and history before it's too late. You're only wasting your time.

I'm not saying this with any mal intent. Rather, I'm saying this because it gets me annoyed when people come and say whatever they like about others when in actuality they know nothing.

Ekwuo mu o gwu.
Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by manny4life(m): 7:08pm On Jul 22, 2012
akthedream: No more BIAFRA declaration on the 5th of November?You guys are so confused.

If you have nothing to say, STFU

Who talked about Biafra now? angry angry angry

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (40) (Reply)

Nigerians Storm Abuja House In London To Mark Buhari's 100 Days Absence. Photos / To Your Tents O South East? - Thisday / 2015 Election : Jonathan Refused To Listen To Us – Asari Dokubo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.