Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,471 members, 7,843,444 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 05:04 AM

Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos - Politics (27) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos (47696 Views)

Mimiko’s Victory, End Of ACN In South-west – Afenifere / 3,000 LP Members Defect To ACN In Owo, Ondo / Breaking News! Pdp Defeats Acn In Lagos Bye-election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (40) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by Desola(f): 8:04pm On Jul 22, 2012
Rhino.5dm:
Ojukwu lost biafra because of his greed to conquer Lagos. . . .If so, then what makes these self deluded internet fools think they have any chance? I swear to God it won't take more than 3 hours to flush these parasites into Atlantic ocean.

well, lemme be generous not to offend other law abiding Ibos by taking the rants of some few goats with pinch of salt. let the loud mouthed fools enjoy their naked dance here on naira land.

where is Dede1?

but seriously, bruv, ponder over it for a tad. Are these people not indirectly conquering Lagos? Didn't Tinubu foolishly or cunningly put them in government? Are they not arriviing in droves and being given free access daily? Places like Alaba, Ladipo are their strong holds now and we're still here beating our chests? Do they not have monopoly of the sme? Let's not delude ourselves and start smelling the coffee. For now, we have just one ibo commisioner, soon, there would three, four and gradually, they would infiltrate our government. How we ever gave access to one is beyond me. It's infuriating!
Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by bashr8: 8:06pm On Jul 22, 2012
lagcity:
Guy, I don't like ignorant ppl. if u gonna play this ignorant game wit me, I hv no time.
The present gov of Kwara is Yoruba. The emir of ilorin calls himself a Fulani, even though his father named him kolapo. Do u know the difference between ilorin and Kwara?
whre were u when they said it openly that kwara belongs to hausa fulanis or should i post the thread? anyway anybody that have been to kwara especially illorin knows the place is an ausa fulani domain
Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by manny4life(m): 8:06pm On Jul 22, 2012
Desola:

but seriously, bruv, ponder over it for a tad. Are these people not indirectly conquering Lagos? Didn't Tinubu foolishly or cunningly put them in government? Are they not arriviing in droves and being given free access daily? Places like Alaba, Ladipo are their strong holds now and we're still here beating our chests? Do they not have monopoly of the sme? Let's not delude ourselves and start smelling the coffee. For now, we have just one ibo commisioner, soon, there would three, four and gradually, they would infiltrate our government. How we ever gave access to one is beyond me. It's infuriating!

I think you worry about more irrelevant stuff, you can't blame the Igbo man's hustle, yall got to respect his hustle. grin grin grin
Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by EzeUche(m): 8:07pm On Jul 22, 2012
antitpiah:

You probably cant locate Lagos on the map, and here you are discussing it as if your father owns Lagos. Lagos is not DC, DC is in America, Lagos is in sub-saharan Africa, two different locations **** just so you know****

Chai! Fstranger is that you? Your new moniker?
Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by Rhino5dm: 8:07pm On Jul 22, 2012
EzeUche: Sai One Nigeria!

You Yorubas were against the Igbo leaving Nigeria, now suffer the consequences. No crying. grin

Stop deluding yourself. Do you know the number of Ibos killed in the north this week alone? You are indeed a fool. . .to be jubilating while your kinsmen are dying like ants in the hands of fulani herds men.
Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by EzeUche(m): 8:08pm On Jul 22, 2012
Desola:

Like it not, many groups call Lagos home. Calabar people, Ijaw people, Igbo, Idoma etc. And they will not return to their ancestral land.
Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by bashr8: 8:09pm On Jul 22, 2012
Desola:

listen to yourself, this is one nigeria ,its not as if lagos is in ghana or something. you people attack biafran threads and ojukwu everyday yet you are upset that lagos and kwara are being conquered. make up your mind with your brothers on what exactly u want.
Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by antitpiah: 8:09pm On Jul 22, 2012
shymmex: Can you guys list the places where Igbos own in Lagos??

Dont take these people seriously. Please save your energy for people more familiar with the situation on ground. Manny4life and Ezeushe are both college kids with prepubescence mind set living their "we-own-Lagos" dream vicariously on their meager pell grant refund, none of them can find his way to/around Lagos, even with a GPS in hand.

Talking to a wall is way more productive than exchanging words with these e-warriors.
Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by Desola(f): 8:09pm On Jul 22, 2012
manny4life:

You defined the effect of staus quo but not close. The status quo remains that if one pays their dues under a legal binding law and system, they have every right to freedom of running for office in their state of residence. I wouldn't encourage an Igbo man running for GOV office in Lagos, however, let the electorates decides what affects them not some ethnic shackled system...

Legally and under the Nigerian constitution, the ibos are well within their rights and if I was an ibo extract, I would seek for better representation too regardless of me being an indigene or not. However, speaking as a Yoruba woman, it is everything bad for my ethnicity, my land and my people. It is traditionally and culturally bad news. Africans are generally territorial and allowing other ethnicities to encroach your land at your own detriment is suicidal. Lagos is reaping the fruits of being part of one Nigeria now and its the indigenes like us that lose face.
Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by bashr8: 8:10pm On Jul 22, 2012
Rhino.5dm:

Stop deluding yourself. Do you know the number of Ibos killed in the north this week alone? You are indeed a fool. . .to be jubilating while your kinsmen are dying like ants in the hands of fulani herds men.
same with nuber of yorubas killed both in the north and in yorubaland by hausa fulanis so whats ur point. listen to desola, at this time hausa fulanis are already killing you in yorubaland but no u are more interested in what will happen to igbos.
Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by EzeUche(m): 8:10pm On Jul 22, 2012
Rhino.5dm:

If I remember correctly, Yorubas have been killed in large number. Look at the number of Corpers who had Yoruba names. We Igbos weep for any innocent people who lost their live in the North.

Your people have a lot learn from the Igbo about appreciating life.
Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by manny4life(m): 8:11pm On Jul 22, 2012
antitpiah:

Dont take these people seriously. Please save your energy for people more familiar with the situation on ground. Manny4life and Ezeushe are both college kids with prepubescence mind set living their "we-own-Lagos" dream vicariously on their meager pell grant refund, none of them can find his way to/around Lagos, even with a GPS in hand.

Talking to a wall is way more productive than exchanging words with these e-warriors.

That part got me rolling on the floor laughing so darn hard ... cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Dude, I'm not like you and white boy tryna be black, like I say, respect my hustle...enough said. grin grin grin
Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by bashr8: 8:12pm On Jul 22, 2012
Desola:

Legally and under the Nigerian constitution, the ibos are well within their rights and if I was an ibo extract, I would seek for better representation too regardless of me being an indigene or not. However, speaking as a Yoruba woman, it is everything bad for my ethnicity, my land and my people. It is traditionally and culturally bad news. Africans are generally territorial and allowing other ethnicities to encroach your land at your own detriment is suicidal. Lagos is reaping the fruits of being part of one Nigeria now and its the indigenes like us that lose face.
so who is to blame, the igbos that have continued to shout and even fight to leave this hell called nigeria or yorubas that keep attacking every thread about thereby encouraging us to be more patriotic and buy more lands in lagos unto one nigeria things.

2 Likes

Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by manny4life(m): 8:14pm On Jul 22, 2012
Desola:

Then, I think it's the best interest that such fears should be addressed the right way because I believe that Anambra or Enugu state had the vast amount of oil money that Lagos did, the same would have been for these place. However, and unfortunately, yourba have locked into the idea about their own and not someplace else, which is good. A yoruba man want to ONLY buy house/land in SW unlike Igbo man who takes risk and buys in all places including his homeland, how's that our fault?
Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by bashr8: 8:16pm On Jul 22, 2012
EzeUche:

If I remember correctly, Yorubas have been killed in large number. Look at the number of Corpers who had Yoruba names. We Igbos weep for any innocent people who lost their live in the North.

Your people have a lot learn from the Igbo about appreciating life.
u dy mind that confused monkey.
Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by EzeUche(m): 8:16pm On Jul 22, 2012
Yorubas are welcome to settle in Ebonyi if they would like. grin

1 Like

Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by Desola(f): 8:17pm On Jul 22, 2012
manny4life:

I think you worry about more irrelevant stuff, you can't blame the Igbo man's hustle, yall got to respect his hustle. grin grin grin

not knocking your hustle at all. I just decided to see beyond my nose and going by your leader's antecedents, this rise in ibos population, in Lagos, should be nipped in the bud. First be ensuring that Akabueze or whatever he is called is systematically removed from the commisioner post and making sure such errors do not recur. Secondly, by demolishing all their strong hold areas with the excuse of redevelopment a la Tejuosho market. These wrongs need to be put right.
Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by EzeUche(m): 8:19pm On Jul 22, 2012
Desola:

not knocking your hustle at all. I just decided to see beyond my nose and going by your leader's antecedents, this rise in ibos population, in Lagos, should be nipped in the bud. First be ensuring that Akabueze or whatever he is called is systematically removed from the commisioner post and making sure such errors do not recur. Secondly, by demolishing all their strong hold areas with the excuse of redevelopment a la Tejuosho market. These wrongs need to be put right.

I can respect this Yoruba 1st notion. Sensible post, but too bad your leaders do not have the courage to do this. We probably could buy them off.
Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by Chyz2: 8:19pm On Jul 22, 2012
26 pages! shocked
Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by EzeUche(m): 8:20pm On Jul 22, 2012
Chyz*:
26 pages! shocked

You see what you have started Chyz! angry grin angry
Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by manny4life(m): 8:20pm On Jul 22, 2012
Desola:

All of these will breed nothing but retaliatory actions in a not-so-good way. You said it yourself, Igbos are within their constitutional rights to hustle as they wish, anything short of that, is retaliatory. If there are issues with territory, it should be addressed to NASS who should review the "hustle clause" grin grin grin and make necessary amendments to address territory issues. Unfortunately, I think your leaders like the status quo (system of events), so you really cannot blame the Igbos in this case.
Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by Desola(f): 8:23pm On Jul 22, 2012
bashr8: so who is to blame, the igbos that have continued to shout and even fight to leave this hell called nigeria or yorubas that keep attacking every thread about thereby encouraging us to be more patriotic and buy more lands in lagos unto one nigeria things.

You are not to blame, the Yorubas are for being so lax about everything and not seeing that the ore war we claim t have won, is not being lost big time under our noses. We didn't fight to keep you in Nigeria, we just thought it was hypocricy at the highest helm for you to kill the leaders of other regions and then turn around to say you want to leave when your kiths and kins received the same treatment your Ironsi leader dealt us. Not only did you want to leave after kiling our leaders, you chose to annex the fertile oil producing land to your new land of the rising sun. Tell me that that wasn't a reason to fight you. Correction, we didn't fight to keep you from leaving, we fought so that you would eat from the evil your perpetrated. For that evil, you were rightly marginalised by the FG until recent which I honestly think was well deserved.
Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by bashr8: 8:24pm On Jul 22, 2012
Desola:

yea right , wishes , after that who will replace them ? chinese or indians that have already taken over sef.infact igbos in lagos are more worried about chinese , indians than yoruba or govt. will u also dismantle all the multinationals, hotels, schools etc owned by igbos? men listen to yourself.
Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by EzeUche(m): 8:26pm On Jul 22, 2012
bashr8: yea right , wishes , after that who will replace them ? chinese or indians that have already taken over sef.infact igbos in lagos are more worried about chinese , indians than yoruba or govt. will u also dismantle all the multinationals, hotels, schools etc owned by igbos? men listen to yourself.

These Chinese are truly our rivals in Lagos. They will fill the void if the Igbos are forced to leave, not Yorubas.
Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by bashr8: 8:29pm On Jul 22, 2012
Desola:

You are not to blame, the Yorubas are for being so lax about everything and not seeing that the ore war we claim t have won, is not being lost big time under our noses. We didn't fight to keep you in Nigeria, we just thought it was hypocricy at the highest helm for you to kill the leaders of other regions and then turn around to say you want to leave when your kiths and kins received the same treatment your Ironsi leader dealt us. Not only did you want to leave after kiling our leaders, you chose to annex the fertile oil producing land to your new land of the rising sun. Tell me that that wasn't a reason to fight you. Correction, we didn't fight to keep you from leaving, we fought so that you would eat from the evil your perpetrated. For that evil, you were rightly marginalised by the FG until recent which I honestly think was well deserved.

did you say marginalised grin grin grin so you people fall for that crap . look around you thats if you live in nigeria, look at government cabinets right from 1999 now look at the econmoy and who controls all the commercial cities in nigeria(yes yoruba have a large stake in lagos but lagos is just one state out of 36)look at the poverty and unemployment plus literacy rateaccross the six zones then tell me who is marginalised and who isnt. igboland alone have 3 international airports to start with. hmm so that marginalisation story is actually selling grin.
Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by bashr8: 8:30pm On Jul 22, 2012
EzeUche:

These Chinese are truly our rivals in Lagos. They will fill the void if the Igbos are forced to leave, not Yorubas.
your talking about if igbos leave, if we blink they will take over and if they succeed in lagos the rest of the country maybe except onitsha will be easy for them.
Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by Desola(f): 8:31pm On Jul 22, 2012
bashr8: yea right , wishes , after that who will replace them ? chinese or indians that have already taken over sef.infact igbos in lagos are more worried about chinese , indians than yoruba or govt. will u also dismantle all the multinationals, hotels, schools etc owned by igbos? men listen to yourself.

If those exist, they do not command presence like the aforementioned areas in my post.
Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by bashr8: 8:34pm On Jul 22, 2012
if yorubas want lagos back they have to hursle for it from the igbos, chinese , nigerians and other nationalities, even dangote bought over nigerias port authority , as for kwara state they will have to fight a bloody war with hausa fulani for that .
Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by EzeUche(m): 8:34pm On Jul 22, 2012
bashr8: your talking about if igbos leave, if we blink they will take over and if they succeed in lagos the rest of the country maybe except onitsha will be easy for them.

These Chinese have the power of their gov't behind them. With cheap loans from China and easy access to our borders, they are here to stay.
Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by Desola(f): 8:37pm On Jul 22, 2012
bashr8: did you say marginalised grin grin grin so you people fall for that crap . look around you thats if you live in nigeria, look at government cabinets right from 1999 now look at the econmoy and who controls all the commercial cities in nigeria(yes yoruba have a large stake in lagos but lagos is just one state out of 36)look at the poverty and unemployment plus literacy rateaccross the six zones then tell me who is marginalised and who isnt. igboland alone have 3 international airports to start with. hmm so that marginalisation story is actually selling grin.

There are international airports and there are international airports. These airports that you mentioned, do they serve in the capacity of interntional or are they just mere glorified local airports?

I think it is very myopic to think that the sme control the economy. Yes, in liquidity, perhaps but in stocks? Niggga please!!! I think you lot really need to sit down and do the maths. Just because you sit in your 4x4 shop surrounded by Ekenedilichukwus and chukwudi all in one area does not translate to having a strong financial influence in the economy of the country, you know. Yes, we give you guys for the small scale businesses but when it comes to being in the big league, the movers and shakers, you know you lot sit and take notes, come on, bro!
Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by Technocracy: 8:39pm On Jul 22, 2012
I just wonder why some sick minds would want to discredit a statement born out of a legitimate concern,he has the right to speak because he is an igbo leader and stake holder,before and after Tinubu and Fashola they come to Igbo house to ask for support after their elections they forget them. A point of note,Igbos as a single tribe pays the highest tax to the coffers of Lagos state Government and has the highest population,so as to say the have a deciding numerical strength, Lagos state being cosmopolitan in nature compared to other advanced societies vis a vis globalization should accomodate in their political leadership the people who makes the highest contribution financially and nurically to the lagos state project. Justice one is justice for all.
Re: Ndigbo Wont Vote For ACN In Lagos by Desola(f): 8:39pm On Jul 22, 2012
EzeUche:

Funny thing is that i'd be happy to see them stay over you lot.

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (40) (Reply)

I Was Attacked By IPOB In Germany - Ike Ekweremadu Releases Statement / Senator Abaribe Accused Buhari Of Incompetence Over Muammar Gaddafi - Herdsmen / The Policeman That Was Killed By Teargas Explosion In Ebonyi (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.