Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,478 members, 7,823,115 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:49 AM

The Challenges Of Igbo Muslims - Islam for Muslims (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / The Challenges Of Igbo Muslims (33997 Views)

Hidden Islam: Nicolo Degiorgis Charts The Challenges Of Being Muslim In Italy / Challenges Of Muslims In Nigeria; Solutions Needed Please / Challenges Facing Igbo Muslims - Sheikh Uthman Anaga (igbo Muslim) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Challenges Of Igbo Muslims by Yahoo1(m): 8:39pm On Aug 05, 2012
Ebeau:

the worst of mankind must be the one who thinks he knows when actually he knows nothing. oh, so u think u are in the better position to translate the Qur'an to Muslims? u'r making a big mistake. and btw, does that make u feel better about christianity. that sure is. your insecurity keeps you going all around finding faults about Islam.

Mind you, Allah says, "Today I have perfected your religion for you, and completed My grace upon you, and approved Islam as your religion." #andnothingmore
..what a bias way of talking! Did allah tell u that? If mohammed said he did,den he is lying
Re: The Challenges Of Igbo Muslims by vemmawealth(f): 8:40pm On Aug 05, 2012
Faraidi: you are truely a bastard and a lost soul

Who is a bastard between you and me? You are the son/daughter of belial, the condemned and the banished to hell. You cant miss hell except you repent. Sura 19:71-72. LOL
Re: The Challenges Of Igbo Muslims by dasparrow: 8:41pm On Aug 05, 2012
kaytytty: i do nt blame d christians because their religion allows them to practice same sex marriage such as lesbianism and gay,it also gives right to prostitution,it also does nt support early marriage but it support casual sex well am nt suprised it was a religion introduced after a long reign of slavery so their souls re enslaved n yet they rejoice in immorality n still they claim they want to b like christ

The bible condemns homosexuality downrightly. Here is what the word of God says:

1 Corinthians 6:9-10

New International Version (NIV)

9 Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men[a] 10 nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.

So please don't say what you don't know. Just because america AKA mystery babylon exports her filthy culture of homosexuality to the far ends of the earth does not mean that Christianity applauds homosexuality and same sex marraige.

The bible condemns polygamy and said each man should have his own wife and each wife her own husband. See below:

1 Corinthians 7:2

New International Version (NIV)

2 But since sexual immorality is occurring, each man should have sexual relations with his own wife, and each woman with her own husband.

As for casual sex, did I not read an article here on nairaland and many other Nigerian social sites a few days ago where ashawos in Nigeria were complaining that since you muslims started your ramadan, their ashawo business has slowed down for them? I don't hear stories of Nigerian ashawos complaining that business is slow for them during lenten period so what does that tell you? who patronizes these ashawos more?

Also, it was in the news a month or two ago that some Nigerian muslim northern lecturer was arrested after he threatened to fail a male student of his for refusing him sex. By the way, said lecturer was married with wife and children. What do you have to say to that?

As for early marraige, christianity supports that you marry an adult. Don't marry a girl child whose private part is not developed enough to accomodate the male .pen/is and whose womb and pelvic is not developed enough that she could die during child birth.

Lastly, slavery affected many West Africans living on the continent back then along with some south, east and central Africans. Don't sit there and lie that slavery affected only christians because slave raiders were all over West Africa and beyond like bees on a honeycomb. And if all muslims are so moral, why are some blowing up innocent people in churches in the name of Allah all because of differences in religion?

In short, next time think before you type. angry
Re: The Challenges Of Igbo Muslims by SisiKill1: 8:43pm On Aug 05, 2012
mollie12:

Alienvirus, two words - no!no!no!no

God help you bro

Lmaoooo! I think the better prayer here should be God help us all!! cheesy cheesy
Re: The Challenges Of Igbo Muslims by Yahoo1(m): 8:46pm On Aug 05, 2012
mu2sa2: The Bible they are reading today is the revised standard version; men hav revised supposed word of God!The Bible was revised - no controversy. So, the Bible of today is not the bible in use before the revision. Now, which is the "word of God" since the former version has been changed and the RSV contain new additions? If the RSV is the "word of God", then what Christians were reading before the RSV was word of man. U can see why many of what u read in the bible today is suspect and u should not be surprised if the RSV is again altered so that u may hav "New Revised Standard Version". Fact is:the Bible contains lots of word of man being palmed of as from God.
..and the koran contains totally the word of God?
Re: The Challenges Of Igbo Muslims by SisiKill1: 8:53pm On Aug 05, 2012
Mr.chippychappy:
I saw a blue unicorn this morning. Do you believe that ?
Two words - I believe in that. cheesy

So does this make you the savior since you were the one the Unicorn chose to appear to?
Re: The Challenges Of Igbo Muslims by Yahoo1(m): 9:13pm On Aug 05, 2012
talk2me006:
Islam is not by force. am just emphasizing that islam destiny cannot be change.Islam is the only true religion and that its wing spreads across the continent.
it is the christians that always trick people to their religion by sugaries things.
Or hav u forgotten pastor oyedepo who wanted to trick his muslim sister wt wealth to his religion?
moreover, somalia and other muslims dominated area are only striving to defend their faith from westerner.
....my dear,u arent going nowhere with that mindset,u just said Mislim is the only true religion! A christian will say christianity is d only true religion,did God appear 2 u and told u that?
Re: The Challenges Of Igbo Muslims by crackhouse(m): 9:17pm On Aug 05, 2012
floriana: There can never be any igbo who is a true moslem. They join either for money or contracts. Chuks Odom former FCT minister of state was almost turning moslem to keep his post.
he was a perm sec and not a minister.
Re: The Challenges Of Igbo Muslims by chibu05(m): 9:19pm On Aug 05, 2012
so what is trying to tell us
Re: The Challenges Of Igbo Muslims by pharmow: 9:29pm On Aug 05, 2012
bright007: bros,hope if u watch jerry eating pork meat,allah will not be angry shaaa ooo!I also hope mohhamad will not be angry if u watch jerry go pig-hunting?
It is written in the bible that U should not eat pork. Go read your bible Leviticus 11 vs 7-8 "and the swine(pig), though he divide the hoof, and be cloven-footed, yet he cheweth not the cud; he is unclean to you. Of the flesh shall ye not eat, and the carcass shall ye not touch; they are unclean to you.
Re: The Challenges Of Igbo Muslims by talk2me006(m): 9:38pm On Aug 05, 2012
Yahoo1: ....my dear,u arent going nowhere with that mindset,u just said Mislim is the only true religion! A christian will say christianity is d only true religion,did God appear 2 u and told u that?
does d God appear to u nd told you that islam is not the way?
Re: The Challenges Of Igbo Muslims by avalontony(m): 9:56pm On Aug 05, 2012
Sweetnecta: we have to accept that christianity was not the first religion of the igbos. paganism was. i am guessing when christianity began to creep in, there were back room talks of it being foreign, not natural to the igbo animist spirit. and today, the igbos are calling themselves christian people. i need to let you guys know that there are igbo muslims on nairaland and they are not seeking contracts or favors from any nigerians. i know igbo muslims in my own life, members of my family. islam will enter igbo blood whether you are ready for it or not. it will both home and abroad, abroad meaning "far away land". the civil war headed Gowon for the Nigerian Government and Ojukwu for the part that wanted to leave the union. Both men were christians! to me, it was christian war, through and through and i was alive then, unlike those who the incident was related to.

Bayo can laugh all the way, until he is shocked to the truth from God.
if noblezone thinks islam always turns violent at the end of the day, no matter what, i will ask him to openly tell us about the 2 world wars out the last centuary and the preemptive strike of iraq. Are these wars chaired by Islam or christianity? Ad what christianity has turned the other cheek; Britain, Belgium, France, America? Please tell me because i need to know. George Bush didn't forgive anybody. And i wonder if you know Jesus was not a christian? And from your Bible he didn't forgive to many people, but called them names, from fools, to vipers and adulterous topping all of it by saying he will deny them as his followers. You may be following in vain based on what we can read from the Bible!

Floriana, I know igbos fasting in ramadhan because they are muslims, in and out of nigeria. You seem to be thinking so little of igbo people as if all in thr tribe think alike. if christianity is such a sure thing why do we have traditionalists in igboland?

Islam has arrived in igboland and those who can't deal with it should step aside. It is the religion that we give you success with God on the Day of Assembly. Jesus son of Mary from the children of Israel was a Muslim. So were his mother Maryam, cousin John, his father Zacharia and those male prophets; from their father Israel to the last of them.

If you wanna claim Abrahamic faith, you need to come to Islam, because it was after Abraham Judaism and Christianity came. Adam was a muslim. so were his believing progeny; Enoch, Noah, etc {as to all the prophets of God]

May God open your hearts and guide you to Islam. Amin.
how can i trade what JESUS did for me on calvary for anything? i can never bow to islam and my generation will never bow to islam in jesus name amen!!
Re: The Challenges Of Igbo Muslims by avalontony(m): 9:59pm On Aug 05, 2012
pharmow:
It is written in the bible that U should not eat pork. Go read your bible Leviticus 11 vs 7-8 "and the swine(pig), though he divide the hoof, and be cloven-footed, yet he cheweth not the cud; he is unclean to you. Of the flesh shall ye not eat, and the carcass shall ye not touch; they are unclean to you.
my friend, jesus christ is the end of the law.
Re: The Challenges Of Igbo Muslims by talk2me006(m): 10:00pm On Aug 05, 2012
vemmawealth:

Who is a bastard between you and me? You are the son/daughter of belial, the condemned and the banished to hell. You cant miss hell except you repent. Sura 19:71-72. LOL
u suppose to not hyper reacted now.afterall,all your posts earlier were filled with junks and abusive words.
i believed you have the same traits with those unbeliever during those long time twisting quran to their false tale.
dont worry hell await you. i pray for u sha. Allah is all forgiving and he is very patient for people like you.
you started evrytin here. am waitin for ur abusive word.oya type!
Re: The Challenges Of Igbo Muslims by avalontony(m): 10:04pm On Aug 05, 2012
Sisi_Kill:

So does this make you the savior since you were the one the Unicorn chose to appear to?
so u mean say na unicorn d man see? hahahahahahahahahahaahahahaha. naija ppl no go kill me o!!!!!
Re: The Challenges Of Igbo Muslims by avalontony(m): 10:08pm On Aug 05, 2012
talk2me006:
u suppose to not hyper reacted now.afterall,all your posts earlier were filled with junks and abusive words.
i believed you have the same traits with those unbeliever during those long time twisting quran to their false tale.
dont worry hell await you. i pray for u sha. Allah is all forgiving and he is very patient for people like you.
you started evrytin here. am waitin for ur abusive word.oya type!

hahahahaah, waiting for abusive word? you must be a monkey.

1 Like

Re: The Challenges Of Igbo Muslims by Sweetnecta: 10:12pm On Aug 05, 2012
@Chimsky:
by CHIMSKY(m): 6:41pm
Sweetnecta,if you check the history of the civil war you will realise that Gowon was merely a pawn in the hands of the northern moslem power elite.Even Gen T.Y. Danjuma and other Christian middle belt officers who fought on the Federal side were mere tools.Now they know better.
Islam has an image problem.In Nigeria,it is seen as the religion of the oppressor.Christians will let you live in peace and practise whatever faith you profess,but moslems will insist that you convert by force!
I was alive during the war. I was already for high school, so they might have told you the story, in history books: i lived it, in high school closer to igboland than lagos. All the christian elites who fought in the war, including late ojukwu, if they were truly christians, they should have fought the northern islam elites, will you thing it is the better situation? today, gowon aligns himself with christians, when it comes to religion and aligns himself with the north when it comes to region.

the war was a war of region and not religion. all strategies are fair in war is what christian igbos used against nigeria that its placard was northern islam. but we are now talking about religion and to deny the igbos the benefit of islam, no one has the right to do that. igboland used to be traditionalist before it is christianity. first it was catholic. then you now have protestants.

who says igbos and can not be muslims? we even have jewish muslims. palestinian/arab jews.

my spouse is igbo and muslim. my father of my nieces is an igbo. i wonder how everybody is thinking islam can not be igbo's own religion if roman catholic is for the most part, today.
Re: The Challenges Of Igbo Muslims by Nobody: 10:14pm On Aug 05, 2012
[quote author=ifyalways]@Abubello, Alhaji abdulazzez Ude is late. However, he erected a huge mosque @ unity estate egbeda and that's where you'll see the igbo Muslims in lagos.

Thanks ify for d info, I never knew he is late. may Allah forgive him and garant him Al jannah
Re: The Challenges Of Igbo Muslims by Nobody: 10:25pm On Aug 05, 2012
itunu_07:

mr man..we D̶̲̥̅̊☺n̶̲̥̅̊'t serve d̶̲̥̅̊ same God.. Get✓ that clear.. stop tryn Τ̅☺ attatch here...
Our ways  beliefs r worldds apart S̶̲̥̅Ơ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡ stop dreaming.
Jesus worshipd his father jehovah God.. Ur Allah Is sm1 totally different
God worship Jehova God?..What has christainity turned into?
Re: The Challenges Of Igbo Muslims by Sweetnecta: 10:35pm On Aug 05, 2012
@avalontony:
by avalontony(m): 9:56pm

how can i trade what JESUS did for me on calvary for anything? i can never bow to islam and my generation will never bow to islam in jesus name amen!!
no one place Jesus said he will do something for you at calvary or another place. no place, no verse, no nothing. if you find it, show it to me. you said it for Jesus, or maybe you heard it because Paul said it for Jesus and you accept it without investigating it thoroughly and arrive at the right conclusion.

no one bows to islam. no one. but we muslims bow to God in the way and manner of Islam. and when we say you worship Jesus and his God, you set upset that we say you that you say that there are more than One God, based on your trinity.
Re: The Challenges Of Igbo Muslims by Sweetnecta: 10:39pm On Aug 05, 2012
@ Sisi_kill:
by avalontony(m): 10:04pm

Sisi_Kill:

so u mean say na unicorn d man see? hahahahahahahahahahaahahahaha. naija ppl no go kill me o!!!!!
the bold is more than 2 words. its actually 4. count them, again.
Re: The Challenges Of Igbo Muslims by Sweetnecta: 10:47pm On Aug 05, 2012
@Faraidi and @ Vemmawealth:
by vemmawealth(f): 8:40pm

Faraidi: you are truely a bastard and a lost soul

please stop this caustic statements towards each other. neither one of you knows anything about each other to make such a statement and if you know, it is indecent to reveal such a secret which the one you are using it against has no real influence in the action.

and vemmawealth, the verse you quoted speaks of mankind in general, specifically it affects the non muslims and only hypocrites and hard criminals among muslims will suffer this. But there is no escaping for non muslims, based on this verse. so don't quote it to ridicule muslims because it is on non muslims that it is most effective.

1 Like

Re: The Challenges Of Igbo Muslims by talk2me006(m): 10:48pm On Aug 05, 2012
avalontony: hahahahaah, waiting for abusive word? you must be a monkey.
A bird of the same feather flocks together.
am not suprise sha.you must be a christian.
Re: The Challenges Of Igbo Muslims by Onyenna(m): 10:52pm On Aug 05, 2012
Sweetnecta: we have to accept that christianity was not the first religion of the igbos. paganism was. i am guessing when christianity began to creep in, there were back room talks of it being foreign, not natural to the igbo animist spirit. and today, the igbos are calling themselves christian people. i need to let you guys know that there are igbo muslims on nairaland and they are not seeking contracts or favors from any nigerians. i know igbo muslims in my own life, members of my family. islam will enter igbo blood whether you are ready for it or not. it will both home and abroad, abroad meaning "far away land". the civil war headed Gowon for the Nigerian Government and Ojukwu for the part that wanted to leave the union. Both men were christians! to me, it was christian war, through and through and i was alive then, unlike those who the incident was related to.

Bayo can laugh all the way, until he is shocked to the truth from God.
if noblezone thinks islam always turns violent at the end of the day, no matter what, i will ask him to openly tell us about the 2 world wars out the last centuary and the preemptive strike of iraq. Are these wars chaired by Islam or christianity? Ad what christianity has turned the other cheek; Britain, Belgium, France, America? Please tell me because i need to know. George Bush didn't forgive anybody. And i wonder if you know Jesus was not a christian? And from your Bible he didn't forgive to many people, but called them names, from fools, to vipers and adulterous topping all of it by saying he will deny them as his followers. You may be following in vain based on what we can read from the Bible!

Floriana, I know igbos fasting in ramadhan because they are muslims, in and out of nigeria. You seem to be thinking so little of igbo people as if all in thr tribe think alike. if christianity is such a sure thing why do we have traditionalists in igboland?

Islam has arrived in igboland and those who can't deal with it should step aside. It is the religion that we give you success with God on the Day of Assembly. Jesus son of Mary from the children of Israel was a Muslim. So were his mother Maryam, cousin John, his father Zacharia and those male prophets; from their father Israel to the last of them.

If you wanna claim Abrahamic faith, you need to come to Islam, because it was after Abraham Judaism and Christianity came. Adam was a muslim. so were his believing progeny; Enoch, Noah, etc {as to all the prophets of God]

May God open your hearts and guide you to Islam. Amin.

That ogogoro that u are taking ain't good for your health..........
Your "jihad" or whatever you call it won't work in igboland..... I would rather be a PROUD Traditionalist than convert to islam..... **did u know that ur prophet is a Christian?**

1 Like

Re: The Challenges Of Igbo Muslims by pharmow: 10:58pm On Aug 05, 2012
avalontony: my friend, jesus christ is the end of the law.
Exactly your point my brother, Are U saying Jesus came to nullify the laws before he came? because according to him in Matthew 5 vs 17 he said "Think not that I am come to destroy the law(including ye shall not eat or touch pig) or the prophets: I am not come to destroy but to fulfill.
If there is any verse in the bible contrary to this, please bring forth your answer.
Re: The Challenges Of Igbo Muslims by Nobody: 11:29pm On Aug 05, 2012
aryzgreat: Woe betides any igbo "nwafo" dat will bring islam to desecrate igboland, i will personally KILL him rada dan allow such abnormal and infidel religion rear its ugly head in igbo land. God 4bid! Tufiakwa! Aru! Chukwu aju! Am already annoyed with this ananga, Please how do i trace him? angry
I see..just the way your fore -fathers and father killed the Christains too.I think it will be much better if you can fight ur elders,who force Widows to shave their head and drink the water gotten from bathing the body of their deceased husband.
Re: The Challenges Of Igbo Muslims by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:29pm On Aug 05, 2012
as a Pagan this situation hardly makes any difference to me. the man was a bulldog and then he converted to become a dobberman. both bite.
Re: The Challenges Of Igbo Muslims by Bella3(f): 11:30pm On Aug 05, 2012
aribisala0: [b][/b]
Islam may be Incompatible with Igbo world view(if such a thing exists) or it may not be.

Certainly any form of Islam that seeks to control the government would be.But that is not the only form.A typical example is Turkey that is majority Islam but still bans Hijab etc and is quite liberal in so many ways.Unfortunately in many parts of the world Islam arrived by "FORCE" and this has affected the practice in those areas.In Western Nigeria Islam was adopted by persuasion rather than Jihad and I believe is a very tolerant part of Nigeria.

The idea of Christianity turning the other cheek is a red herring and is not really practised any where. If you look at the history of empires and war No group has killed as much of Humanity than so called Christian Nations. We might argue they were misguided but then one would have to equally argue violent Muslims are misguided.The killing of Jews in World War 2 was seen as some sort of Christian duty.The Slave trade in Africans was carried out for centuries by Muslim Arabs and European Chritians;endorsed by the Church.

History shows us that Christians are not that good at "Turning the other cheek". To date the only country that has used nuclear weapons is Christian,The USA.
They are responsible for killing millions in Angola,VietNam,Iraq,Cambodia,Afghanistan and elsewhere to "fight communism" but kept their distance while millions died in Rwanda but very quickly jumped in to remove Gaddafi. So much for turning the other cheek.
I am neither Christian nor Muslim but write to introduce objectivity.

As an African I see no superiority between both doctrines and regard both as extremely destructive to the African spirit
you'd hav to define christainity b4 u claim america is christain
Re: The Challenges Of Igbo Muslims by nextpart(m): 11:34pm On Aug 05, 2012
Gentlemen, the issue of Christianity and Islam is a very serious thing because it has to do with eternal life, i.e. life after dead.

If Christianity is the right way to heaven it means the whole muslim world is going to hell and vice versal. But let us reason together and be sincere to ourselves:

In the bible book of Luke 1: 26-35, one angel Gabriel came to virgin Mary and told her she would have a son and he shall be called '' the Son of God.

Then Jesus was born. God Himself confirmed that Jesus was His son: Mathiew 3:16-17, Luke 3:21-22, Mark 1:10-11

But about 650 years later after Jesus had come and gone, an angel introduced himsef to Mohammed as Gabriel and told him that God does not have a son. Remember it was one Gabriel that told Mary that Jesus would be Son of God which God Himself confirmed as quoted above. This second angel Gabriel that appeared to Mohammed could not have come from God because his message is a contradiction. God cannot deny what He has said earlier.

Now that it has been established that the second angel Gabriel is not from God, it means the Quran is questionable because all the message in the Quran was given by the false angel. This angel is no other spirit than Satan.

Changing Gods word to deceive human race is Satan's usual strategy from begining. He used the same strategy for Adam and Eve.

I do not subscribe to attacking Mohammed as a person. He was deceived. The same deception is going on among churches today. We interprete the bible differently trying to change God's word. That is why different churches believe in different things.

My advice to the muslims is to refuse to be deceived by Satan and accept Jesus. Jesus says '' I am the way the truth and the life, nobody come to God except by me'' (John 14:6).

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Dreaming About My Late Dad Crying. / 10 Years After Burial, Imam Sheez Adeyemi's Body Remains Fresh / Shocking Reason Why Muslims Don't Condemn Terrorism

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.