Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,095 members, 7,811,069 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:13 PM

The Challenges Of Igbo Muslims - Islam for Muslims (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / The Challenges Of Igbo Muslims (33954 Views)

Hidden Islam: Nicolo Degiorgis Charts The Challenges Of Being Muslim In Italy / Challenges Of Muslims In Nigeria; Solutions Needed Please / Challenges Facing Igbo Muslims - Sheikh Uthman Anaga (igbo Muslim) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Challenges Of Igbo Muslims by gidiMonsta(m): 3:39pm On Aug 05, 2012
aribisala0: [b][/b]
Islam may be Incompatible with Igbo world view(if such a thing exists) or it may not be.

Certainly any form of Islam that seeks to control the government would be.But that is not the only form.A typical example is Turkey that is majority Islam but still bans Hijab etc and is quite liberal in so many ways.Unfortunately in many parts of the world Islam arrived by "FORCE" and this has affected the practice in those areas.In Western Nigeria Islam was adopted by persuasion rather than Jihad and I believe is a very tolerant part of Nigeria.

The idea of Christianity turning the other cheek is a red herring and is not really practised any where. If you look at the history of empires and war No group has killed as much of Humanity than so called Christian Nations. We might argue they were misguided but then one would have to equally argue violent Muslims are misguided.The killing of Jews in World War 2 was seen as some sort of Christian duty.The Slave trade in Africans was carried out for centuries by Muslim Arabs and European Chritians;endorsed by the Church.

History shows us that Christians are not that good at "Turning the other cheek". To date the only country that has used nuclear weapons is Christian,The USA.
They are responsible for killing millions in Angola,VietNam,Iraq,Cambodia,Afghanistan and elsewhere to "fight communism" but kept their distance while millions died in Rwanda but very quickly jumped in to remove Gaddafi. So much for turning the other cheek.
I am neither Christian nor Muslim but write to introduce objectivity.

As an African I see no superiority between both doctrines and regard both as extremely destructive to the African spirit

You're really making sense. These are the kind of christians I like, enlightened ones who don't shy away from the truth.
Re: The Challenges Of Igbo Muslims by alienvirus: 3:39pm On Aug 05, 2012
wink
Zulele:
@alienvirus,am loving Ų man! Ų are making my day! Thumb ups τ̲̅ȍ Ų bro....
Please there is difference between ISLAM and MUSLIM..... Islam is PERFECT, MUSLIM aren't! Don't judge Islam with what some Muslim do! If we are talking about terrorism here,
When america takes 1million in Iraq for oil: Not terrorism
When Serbs rape Muslims in Kosovo/Bosnia: Not terrorism
When Russians kill 200000 Chechens in Bombings: Not terrorism
When Jews kick out Palestinians and take away their homes: Not terrorism
When American drones kill entire families in Afghanistan/Parkistan: Not terrorism
When Israel kills 10000 Lebanese civilians due τ̲̅ȍ two missing soldiers: Not terrorism

When Muslims retaliate and show how you treat us: TERRORISM! Terrorism it seems like the word "Terrorism" is only reserved for Muslims.
When you point α finger at α person, doesn't mean you are perfect!

Muslim/Terrorist I used was a mistake. Thanks for coming up with this.
Re: The Challenges Of Igbo Muslims by Agiliti(m): 3:40pm On Aug 05, 2012
Re: The Challenges Of Igbo Muslims by spearman(m): 3:42pm On Aug 05, 2012
ISLAM CAN ONLY SPREAD BY VIOLENCE. or contracts or wild dreams or american prison.
Islam has stopped spreading since the world contained it's violent wars. No sane individual can convert to Islam

1 Like

Re: The Challenges Of Igbo Muslims by alienvirus: 3:44pm On Aug 05, 2012
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Agiliti: imagine if Igbos are islamized, our own don finish now. when yoruba muslims are considered inferior compared to hausas, na Igbo alhaji dem go respect. even the christianity has caused enough wahala in igboland, na Islam una wan carry add....make we dey watch

I heard some parts of Ibo eat human beings. An Ibo girl who washes my glass cups in office testified to that. Is it as a result of the Cannibalistic part of the bible? Islam is ready to remove that from Iboland!
Re: The Challenges Of Igbo Muslims by aribisala0(m): 3:45pm On Aug 05, 2012
gidiMonsta:

You're really making sense. These are the kind of christians I like, enlightened ones who don't shy away from the truth.
Read Again!
I am NOT Christian as I mentioned in my post.I just take my time and read both the Quran and Bible thoroughly from cover to cover.

I am African and I am wedded to the deities of the Yorubas.
One final point, for most Nigerians, Religious Identification is not really about beliefs or practice but identifying with one ingroup(FRIENDS) to the exclusion of outgroups(ENEMIES) so they can know who to kill when there is trouble quite akin to rabble rousing supporters of Man U or Chelsea.
Nigerians are generally one of the most EVIL people on earth and the most churh/mosque going.
I say that without any doubt

Eg 1 a woman has an epileptic fit in market in a Christian town in Nigeria.This I have seen with my own eyes
Tell me whether anyone will come to her aid.We love kidding ourselves!
Re: The Challenges Of Igbo Muslims by aribisala0(m): 3:50pm On Aug 05, 2012
alienvirus: cheesy cheesy cheesy

I heard some parts of Ibo eat human beings. An Ibo girl who washes my glass cups in office testified to that. Is it as a result of the Cannibalistic part of the bible? Islam is ready to remove that from Iboland!
What an 1diot !!

2 Likes

Re: The Challenges Of Igbo Muslims by alienvirus: 3:52pm On Aug 05, 2012
aribisala0:
What an 1diot !!

How?
Re: The Challenges Of Igbo Muslims by NovusHomo(m): 3:52pm On Aug 05, 2012
I stumbled on the write-up below and felt it might be interesting to those who had not seen it before.

This article and others like it are available on the www.Reunionblackfamily.com website. The link below will bring up this particular writeup.......

http://www.reunionblackfamily.com/apps/blog/show/11410954-letter-from-one-of-the-most-evil-king-leopold-ii-of-belgium-to-colonial-missionaries-1883

Letter from the most evil King Leopold II of Belgium to Colonial Missionaries, 1883.

Posted by Reunionblackfamily. on January 4, 2012 at 3:30 PM

Reverends, Fathers and Dear Compatriots:

The task that is given you to fulfill is very delicate and requires much tact. You will go certainly to evangelize, but your evangelizing must inspire above all Belgium interests. Your principal objective in our mission in the Congo is never to teach the niggers to know God, this they know already. They speak and submit to a Mungu, one Nzambi, one Nzakomba, and what else I don't know. They know that to kill, to sleep with someone else's wife, to lie and to insult is bad. Have courage to admit it; you are not going to teach them what they know already. Your essential role is to facilitate the task of administrators and industrials, which means you will go to interpret the gospel in the way it will be the best to protect your interests in that part of the world. For these things, you have to keep watch on disinteresting our savages from the richness that is plenty in their underground. To avoid that they get interested in it, and make you murderous competition and dream one day to overthrow you. Your knowledge of the gospel will allow you to find texts ordering, and encouraging your followers to love poverty, like 'Happier are the poor because they will inherit the heaven' and, 'It's very difficult for the rich to enter the kingdom of God.' You have to detach from them and make them disrespect everything which gives courage to affront us. I make reference to their Mystic System and their war fetish – warfare protection – which they pretend not to want to abandon, and you must do everything in your power to make it disappear.

Your action will be directed essentially to the younger ones, for they won't revolt when the recommendation of the priest is contradictory to their parent's teachings. The children have to learn to obey what the missionary recommends, who is the father of their soul. You must singularly insist on their total submission and obedience, avoid developing the spirit in the schools, teach students to read and not to reason. There, dear patriots, are some of the principles that you must apply. You will find many other books, which will be given to you at the end of this conference. Evangelize the
niggers so that they stay forever in submission to the white colonialists, so they never revolt against the restraints they are undergoing. Recite every day – 'Happy are those who are weeping because the kingdom of God is for them.'

The letter which follows is Courtesy of Dr. Vera Nobles and Dr. Chiedozie Okoro. "Letter from King Leopold II of Belgium to Colonial Missionaries, 1883."

"Convert always the blacks by using the whip. Keep their women in nine months of submission to work freely for us. Force them to pay you in sign of recognition-goats, chicken or eggs-every time you visit their villages. And make sure that niggers never become rich. Sing every day that it's impossible for the rich to enter heaven. Make them pay tax each week at Sunday mass. Use the money supposed for the poor, to build flourishing business centres. Institute a confessional system, which allows you to be good detectives denouncing any black that has a different consciousness contrary to that of the decision-maker. Teach the niggers to forget their heroes and to adore only ours. Never present a chair to a black that comes to visit you. Don't give him more than one cigarette. Never invite him for dinner even if he gives you a chicken every time you arrive athis house."

The speech above which shows the real intention of the Christian missionary journey in Africa was exposed to the world by Mr. Moukouani Muikwani Bukoko, born in the Congo in 1915, and, who in 1935 while working in the Congo, bought a second hand Bible from a Belgian priest who forgot the speech in the Bible. – Dr. Chiedozie Okoro

We should note:

1] that all missionaries carried out, and still carry out, that mandate. We are only lucky to have found King Leopold's articulation of the aim of all Christian imperialist missionaries to Africa.

2] Even the African converts who today manage the older churches in Africa (the priests, bishops, Archbishops, Cardinals etc of the Roman and Protestant sects), and especially also those who evangelize Born-Again Christianity, still serve the same mandate. Which is why they demonize African gods and Anglicize African names, and drop the names of African deities which form part of African names; and still attack and demolish the African shrines that have managed to survive, e.g. Okija.

3] Those Africans who voluntarily converted to Christianity before the colonial conquest such as Affonso I of the BaKongo in the 15th century probably did not discern the purpose of the brand of Christianity that was supplied to them. Which was probably why they fell easy prey to the missionaries and the white traders and pirates who followed them. But their Japanese counterparts probably did discern the game, even without access to some version of Leopold's letter. But even if the Japanese Shoguns did not intuit what Leopold makes explicit, they clearly realized the danger of Japanese converts to Christianity forming a fifth column within Japanese society and state, a fifth column loyal to their co-religionists in Europe. To rid Japan of that danger, in the late 16th century, the Shoguns began their expulsion of Portuguese and Spanish missionaries on the grounds that they were forcing Japanese to become Christian, teaching their disciples to wreck temples, taking and trading slaves, etc. Then, in 1596, it became clear to the Japanese authorities that Christianization had been a prelude to Spanish conquest of other lands; and then it quickly dawned on them that a fifth column loyal to Rome and controlled by the priests of a foreign religion was a clear and present danger to the sovereignty of a newly unified Japan. Soon after, the persecution and suppression of Japanese Christians began. Early in the 17th century, sensing the danger from a creed that taught obedience to foreign priests rather than the Japanese authorities, all missionaries were ordered to leave and all Japanese were ordered to register at the Buddhist temples. When Japanese Christians took part in a rebellion, foreign priests were executed, the Spanish were expelled and Japanese Christians were forbidden to travel abroad. After another rebellion, largely by Christians, was put down, the Japanese Christians were suppressed and their descendants were put under close state surveillance for centuries thereafter. In the 1640s all Japanese suspected of being Christians were ruthlessly exterminated. Thus did Japan, by 1650, save itself from the first European attempt to mentally subvert, conquer and colonize it.

4] The African captives who were taken abroad and enslaved, and the Africans at home after the European conquest, having already been forcibly deprived of their autonomy, were in no political position to resist Christianization. Thus the Christianity still practised in all of the African American diaspora, just as that in the African homeland since the start of the 20th century, continues to carry out the Leopoldian mandate. Hence, for example, whereas the White Born-Agains of the USA, when in the US Navy ships in WWII, sang: “Praise the Lord, And pass the ammunition,” the attitude of African Born-Again converts today is best summed up as: "Praise the Lord, And lie down for the manna.” Thanks to a century or more of this Leopold-mandated missionary mind control, African Christians are not an activist, self-helping, economically engaged, politically resolute, let alone militant bunch. Hence their putting up with all manner of mistreatment and exploitation by their misrulers, white and black. The most they are disposed to do to their misrulers is to admonish them to “Fear God!” – as one protester's miserable placard read in last January's Lagos demonstration against the latest of the murderous fuel price hikes by the OBJ Misgovernment. The idea of an uprising to tame their misrulers is alien to the religiously opiated frame of mind of the Nigerians.

5] The lesson in the contrast between an Africa that the Christian missionaries brainwashed and subverted, and a Japan where this brainwashing and subversion was forcibly prevented, is stark and clear. What then must Africans of today begin to do to save themselves from brainwashing by their White World enemies here on earth? – That is the question.

I guess I should say, like many Nigerians do: 'It is well, IJN'.
Re: The Challenges Of Igbo Muslims by bukatyne(f): 3:56pm On Aug 05, 2012
please, i would like to clarify a point most muslims on this thread have been making: that the Comforter referred to in John 14 - 16 is Mohammed. i am really sorry to burst your bubble BUT mohammed was not even mentioned in the Bible how much more him being the Comforter expect you are tellin me that mohammed has the capacity and ability to live IN people. judging from wat Mohammed preached and wat Jesus preached, u should know that Mohammed and Jesus had no connection. As a matter of fact, the Jesus mentioned in d quran is different from the Jesus of the Bible. Jesus is just a name, the variants are joshua, yeshua etc so a lot of people bear Jesus but Jesus of the Bible is Jesus Christ; Christ means the anointed one, some places say Jesus the Christ. so once again,
Jesus Christ, Holy Spirit, Allah and Mohammed are a null set. They have absolutely nothing in common. cheers

2 Likes

Re: The Challenges Of Igbo Muslims by Nobody: 3:58pm On Aug 05, 2012
saxywale: na waoh! see arguments. Thinking out aloud * which one of you/us has actually been to heaven and now back on earth to confirm the true religion on heaven *
Just what I was thinking
Re: The Challenges Of Igbo Muslims by bukatyne(f): 4:00pm On Aug 05, 2012
gidiMonsta:

gidi please re-read the post u just quoted and notice the sentence above 'i am neither a christian nor a muslim but i seek objectivity' in other words, the poster you quoted is not a christian
Re: The Challenges Of Igbo Muslims by locdog(m): 4:01pm On Aug 05, 2012
odumchi: Islam has failed to maintain a good image in the east for many reasons most important of which being the Nigerian-Biafran war.

In the East, at that time, the war seen as an effort by the Northerners (namely the Hausa Fulani) to Islamize the East, thus the stigma. Nowadays, we are trying to find ways to harmonize our societies and establish peace between the adherents of Christianity and Animism. Christianity has already damaged and uprooted a large amount of the culture of the Eastern peoples; there is no need for Islam to enter the scene and wreak its own share of damage.

Besides, speaking from the perspective of the Igbo, the Igbo world view, culture, and tradition are incompatible with those of Islam. Attempting to unite these two will result in massive cultural upheaval and (possibly) violence. Besides, Christianity is so deeply rooted in Igboland that attempting a mass conversion from it to another faith is nearly impossible.

Ndi Igbo inyi mepe anya inyi o. Okwukwe Ndi Alakoba enweghi opoto na ali Igbo.
NA sooo
Re: The Challenges Of Igbo Muslims by Lordave: 4:07pm On Aug 05, 2012
karpentar: @Wizeboy
If you accept Jesus assertion that a comforter would be sent, why don't you also accept it when the same Jesus said he's the son of God?...or do you randomly pick which of Jesus messages to accept? Perhaps, you have the formula to identify which of Jesus messages that is true? If you do, kindly share that formula with us. On another note, I was wondering what female suicide bombers would receive after their successfully accomplishing their “jihad “mission? Only men can't just be rewarded. Allah is not partial or is he?
you are full of wisdom
Re: The Challenges Of Igbo Muslims by mollie12: 4:13pm On Aug 05, 2012
To wizeboy: Just picking up from where vemmawealth stopped:

1. She has already explained who the Comforter is. Please don't get it twisted anymore.

2. What exactly is your point about the disciples not having faith?!? We don't claim perfection on any level, because the sacrifice of Christ has paid the price already and we only need to walk in the righteousness He has imputed on us.

3. That Deuteronomy verse cop-out is tired: leave it alone already. You Muslims use it everytime, and you don't even know what it means. If you would only exercise patience and read the entire bible you'd realise it is Jesus Christ that is being referred to there.

4. Pork-eating?!? Really? Romans 14:3 KJV - "Let not him that eateth despise him that eateth not; and let not him which eateth not judge him that eateth: for God hath received him." Once u recieve Christ THAT stops being an issue.

5. Jesus IS God! So when we pray in His name we are doing exactly what God told us to do Hebrews 1:1-3 KJV - "God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets, Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds; Who being the brightness of his glory, AND THE EXPRESS IMAGE OF HIS PERSON (is your image say, in a mirror, a different person from you?), and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;"

6. The bible was written by 40 authors, all of whom are known - 70% of them identified themselves in their writings. Open the Bible and do your research. The places and time periods of the authoring of the Bible are also identified within the same Bible, and have been confirmed by over 20,000 archeaological findings.

7. Apparently you seem to pick and chose what part of the Bible is convenient and label the rest corrupt. You can't do that sir. "Either make the tree good, and his fruit good; or else make the tree corrupt, and his fruit corrupt: for the tree is known by his fruit." (Matthew 12:33)

8. Guy, no real theologian can claim the bible is false. That's the equivalent of pulling the rug from under your feet. Think before you type.

9. Gossips, third-parties, corruptions...whatever your fertile mind seems to concoct. Good for you. But bear in mind that by making these assertions about the Bible you are turning your back on a glaring body of undisputable facts and truths that science, logic, world history, archeology and several modern knowledge bodies have even corroborated. That makes you an illiterate and a fool - even by the world's standards.

10.The quotation from the Quran about woes for writing a book with your hands? Congratulations! You just cursed your own prophet...and every other person involved in the writing of the Quran - because I'm sure they didn't write with their mouth or feet.

11. The Bible tells us well in advance that people will fall away from Christianity - it is referred to as the 'falling away'.

6 Likes

Re: The Challenges Of Igbo Muslims by alienvirus: 4:15pm On Aug 05, 2012
bright007: bros,I will like to ask u one question:when will you tie å bomb around your waist for your own [b]72 hot virgins?[/b]I believe mohaammed(may peace never be upon him)will soon run out of virgins ooo.Hurry up dude and obey allah and get 72 hot,sexy,virgins.

I will definitely hurry up if ur mama could the 73 and your elder sister could be 74th! LOL!
Re: The Challenges Of Igbo Muslims by Detongue: 4:15pm On Aug 05, 2012
No right thinking person, family, tribe, village or state will allow a terrorist religion in dir mist. Islam is terror.

3 Likes

Re: The Challenges Of Igbo Muslims by Yahoo1(m): 4:17pm On Aug 05, 2012
kaytytty: i do nt blame d christians because their religion allows them to practice same sex marriage such as lesbianism and gay,it also gives right to prostitution,it also does nt support early marriage but it support casual sex well am nt suprised it was a religion introduced after a long reign of slavery so their souls re enslaved n yet they rejoice in immorality n still they claim they want to b like christ
....u make no sense at all,all ur accusation are only bc of your personal hatred!
Re: The Challenges Of Igbo Muslims by alienvirus: 4:19pm On Aug 05, 2012
Detongue: No right thinking person, family, tribe, village or state will allow a terrorist religion in dir mist. Islam is terror.

What about kidnappers? Are they not terrorists?
Re: The Challenges Of Igbo Muslims by Yahoo1(m): 4:20pm On Aug 05, 2012
Sweetnecta: Allah is Able to make most difficult thing very easy. After all He made soft stones in the hands of a people so much so that a carved their homes in it. He made iron easy in the hands of King David [as] that it became the means of his livelihood.

Arabs and indeed the whole of ssaudi arabia became muslim, starting from person; the messenger [sa].

The case of the igbo people could be easier than that, even easier than that of egypt that used to have tyrannical pharoahs.

the reason saudi can never become christian land is that the land is the land of the last prophet [sa], chairman of all past prophets and God has forbidden it soil allowing gods trinity or not.
....and when all igbos turn muslim,will it be mission fulfilled,or will u go to europe too and make,all british,united states,spanish portuguese,etc muslims?....u kn one of the main de-merits of islamism is the fact that they think,all muslim are superior and above the law.
Re: The Challenges Of Igbo Muslims by gbadexy(m): 4:21pm On Aug 05, 2012
I have been saying it that the problem islam has is lack of enlightenment of people and misrepresentation of facts by the christian dominated media.
The activities of some dissident groups too doesn't help, but I make bold to say that if the whole christians, out of curiosity read the whole english Quran and understand it, not a few would convert to Islam.
The Quran has many revelations that scientists of today can relate to.
In a chapter titled prostration in the Quran, God said the he directs all the activity of the world from heaven and all the affairs of the world come up to Him every day. He said that one day that it takes for the affairs of the world to reach him is a thousand years in man's time!
Talking of speed of light! Imagine the number of hours in a thousand years and see if any spacecraft can ever travel it.
This concept wouldn't mean anything to a novice, but to anyone or scientist that is familiar with astronomy understands that due to the vastness of space, distance is measured in light years, imagine the speed a light travels in a second! Scientists say we are looking at the past anytime we look at the stars because they are so far and some have been traveling for over 400 years to reach us.
Our own sunlight reaches us in 8 minutes, and yet the Quran states that all the affairs of the world come up to him daily, that means in 8760 hours multiplied by a thousand and yet its an instant for God over a huge space.
This shows a revelation that acknowledge the existence of vast space and time travel, not some fable or believe that heaven is in the sky like we were meant to believe about people building towers to reach heaven.
I'm sure NASA wasn't in existence in Muhammad's time so he couldn't have thought that up, and I know if any western scientist have access or is persuaded to read this verse, he definitely would look at islam in a new perspective.
There are so many revelations that present day scientist can relate with, is it that all source of life starts from water, or the shape of the earth being egged shape, or the male sex sperm determining the sex of a child (constant X chromosome, variable Y chromosome; XX or XY).
The Books appeals to reason and has facts that can be related with. There are some things there that are beyond our present knowledge that would be understood in time.
I believe if all these thieves devote money for propagation of islam and enlightening people to do the real Jihad instead of sponsoring terrorists, Islam would have spread much more wider.
Re: The Challenges Of Igbo Muslims by mollie12: 4:23pm On Aug 05, 2012
alienvirus: One is the reason why I can never be a CHRISTIAN is this: You will eat the flesh of your
sons and the flesh of your
daughters.
Deuteronomy 28:53
Because of the suffering that your
enemy will inflict on you during
the siege, you will eat the fruit
of the womb, the flesh of the sons
and daughters the LORD your God
has given you.
Deuteronomy 28:56-57
The most gentle and sensitive
woman among you?so sensitive and
gentle that she would not venture
to touch the ground with the sole
of her foot?will begrudge the
husband she loves and her own son
or daughter the afterbirth from
her womb and the children she
bears. For she intends to eat them
secretly during the siege and in
the distress that your enemy will
inflict on you in your cities.
2 Kings 6:29
So we cooked my son and ate him.
The next day I said to her, 'Give
up your son so we may eat him,'
but she had hidden him."
Jeremiah 19:9
I will make them eat the flesh of
their sons and daughters, and they
will eat one another's flesh
during the stress of the siege
imposed on them by the enemies who
seek their lives.'
Lamentations 2:20
"Look, O LORD, and consider: Whom
have you ever treated like this?
Should women eat their offspring,
the children they have cared for?
Should priest and prophet be
killed in the sanctuary of the
Lord?
Lamentations 4:10
With their own hands compassionate
women have cooked their own
children, who became their food
when my people were destroyed.
Ezekiel 5:10
Therefore in your midst fathers
will eat their children, and
children will eat their fathers. I
will inflict punishment on you and
will scatter all your survivors to
the winds.
and ofcourse we know that up to
this day Christians themselves
still practice symbolic
cannibalism by eating Jesus'
body (communion) and driniking
his blood!!!

Alienvirus, two words - no!no!no!no!

(I'm thinking you were the kind of child whose mother had to pull her hairs out when explaining a new concept to him)

Please go back and read those verses of the Bible in their full context and understand them properly. There's nothing as tragic as one who turns their back on eternal life because they've swallowed and digested some half-phrased, incomprehensible information, and all the while the truth was out there waiting to be accepted.

God help you bro
Re: The Challenges Of Igbo Muslims by khan2012: 4:24pm On Aug 05, 2012
[b]I have been reading this thread and dont seem to get the fight over supremacy of one religion over another. I'm not interested in the supremacy of one religion over another, I I'm only interested in the fundamental human rights of every individual to worship any God or god they so desire without threat to their life by others. I therefore wish to direct my question more to my Muslim brethrens especially the likes of @Sweetnecta, @Wizeboy etc,
1. Why is it that it is Islam that is highly intolerant of people freely converting to other religions and can go to the extent of issuing fatwa on converts or so called blasphemers, even honour killings by family member?
2. Why is it that Muslims always find it hard to co-habit with people of other religions, they come in settle quietly, but over time, when they grow in number, they begin to cause violent activities? E.g in Burma, in India, Russia and so on. (You may want to justify this one). Though i always say that 'if every muslim can be like the yoruba muslims, there will be relative peace in the world'. In yoruba family, you can find an Immam father and a pastor son and they co-habit peacefully, but same cannot be said of northerners or arab muslims where it seems intolerance is the order of the day as well as indoctrination even from childhood.
3. Why do Muslims always hide under the guise of Islam to term the western world Christians and therefore declare Jihad on non-muslims? Cos the truth is that the fact that former President Bush is a Christian or America and Britain Christian dominated countries does not mean that they are fighting terrorists in the name of Christianity or any other religion. So why does Muslims always incite hatred against Christians when world leaders take political decisions?
4. Agreed that violence is not only limited to Islam, but what I see everyday points to the fact that Islam is akin to violence. Dont get me wrong, i have a lot of Muslim friends and they surely are peaceful, but it seems there is an aspect of Islamic teaching to which when twisted tend to turn people violent and intolerant of other religions.
5. Finally, I know that there are extremests in different religions, but why is it that Islam tend to be the religion with most violence and intolerant of other religions. E.g, Moslems are allowed to practice their religion in the western and non-muslim world to a great extent, but same cannot be said of Muslim countries allowing freedom of other religions in Muslim dominated countries. Instead they resort to calling non-muslims condescending names like pigs and people of the book. Non-muslims are not allowed to practice freely in muslim dominated countries and are always under constant threat both by the masses and government. Non-muslims are highly marginalized.

I will like an answer to all these and why Muslims are o.k with people converting from other religions to Islam, but not the other way round. I believe people should have the right to live their life the way they so choose, but Islam seem not to agree with that. God says vengeance is mine, but in Islam it seems Muslims always want to physically fight for God and forcefully convert people, hence the logical reason they are growing cos people are afraid to die. There are many world religions as we know it today, but Islam is the one most associated with violence and bloodshed.

[/b][/size][size=8pt][size=8pt]

5 Likes

Re: The Challenges Of Igbo Muslims by Faraidi(m): 4:24pm On Aug 05, 2012
vemmawealth:

Some of us know who this your Allah is and d understanding of his personality only points at one thing. That Islam is a deception.

Allah is an arabic word meaning "the god" .The arabic word for God is not Allah. "illah" is the arabic word for God. That's why Muslims say " la illah ill Allah" meaning "there is no God but "the-god"

Allah was worshipped by ancestors of Muhammad (peace cannot possibly be upon him). His grand father (Abdulmutallib) worshiped Allah and named Muhammad's father AbdAllah (meaning the servant of Allah). Allah was one of the over 360 idols housed in the Kaaba. Muhammad (peace cannot possibly be upon him) came and dislodged all others and left only Allah/ "the god" (the black stone)

There's also Allat(meaning "the goddess"wink She is mentioned in the Qur'an (Sura 53:19), pre-Islamic Arabs considered her as one of the daughters of Allah along with Manāt and al-‘Uzzá.

The shrine and temple dedicated to Allat in Taif was demolished by Abu Sufyan ibn Harb, on the orders of Mohammed (trying to cover his claim that God has no Son), during the Expedition of Abu Sufyan ibn Harb, in the same year as the Battle of Tabuk.

Another basis for its deception is d Islamic paradise/heaven. It promises unlimited ssexual oorgies and drunkenness but missed out on women. In Sura 56:11 downward talk about special thrones of Gold n precious stones and virgins that are of d same age in d garden of bliss. Plus Companions with beautiful, big, and lustrous eyes, and made them virgin - pure (and undefiled).

Sura 3:15 says "Shall I give you glad tidings of things Far better than those? For the righteous are in Gardens in nearness to their Lord, with rivers flowing beneath; therein is their eternal home; with companions pure (virgin); and the good pleasure of Allah".

In the haddith Mishkat al Masabih, Mohammed said "d lowliest of d inhabitant of paradise will have 80,000 servants and 72 wives (virgins)......"

There is also rivers of wine. Sura 47:15 says "(Here is) a Parable of the Garden which the righteous are promised: in it are rivers of water incorruptible; rivers of milk of which the taste never changes; rivers of wine, a joy to those who drink; and rivers of honey pure and clear. In it there are for them all kinds of fruits; and Grace from their Lord."

This is not balanced because women too should have their own virgin men and 72 husbands(pure). Instead, everything is about men as if no woman is qualified to enter islamic heaven.

Quit being deceived, Muhammad never met with any Angel Gabriel in any cave. At best, he had an encounter with a demon. God cannot hand over his entire agenda for mankind to only one Man. Allah is not God but d family idol of Muhammad which he militantly imposed on Meccans and others.
you are an idiot and a big fool,it shall never be well with you in your misrable life
Re: The Challenges Of Igbo Muslims by Barywhyte(m): 4:30pm On Aug 05, 2012
vemmawealth:

Some of us know who this your Allah is and d understanding of his personality only points at one thing. That Islam is a deception.

Allah is an arabic word meaning "the god" .The arabic word for God is not Allah. "illah" is the arabic word for God. That's why Muslims say " la illah ill Allah" meaning "there is no God but "the-god"

Allah was worshipped by ancestors of Muhammad (peace cannot possibly be upon him). His grand father (Abdulmutallib) worshiped Allah and named Muhammad's father AbdAllah (meaning the servant of Allah). Allah was one of the over 360 idols housed in the Kaaba. Muhammad (peace cannot possibly be upon him) came and dislodged all others and left only Allah/ "the god" (the black stone)

There's also Allat(meaning "the goddess"wink She is mentioned in the Qur'an (Sura 53:19), pre-Islamic Arabs considered her as one of the daughters of Allah along with Manāt and al-‘Uzzá.

The shrine and temple dedicated to Allat in Taif was demolished by Abu Sufyan ibn Harb, on the orders of Mohammed (trying to cover his claim that God has no Son), during the Expedition of Abu Sufyan ibn Harb, in the same year as the Battle of Tabuk.

Another basis for its deception is d Islamic paradise/heaven. It promises unlimited ssexual oorgies and drunkenness but missed out on women. In Sura 56:11 downward talk about special thrones of Gold n precious stones and virgins that are of d same age in d garden of bliss. Plus Companions with beautiful, big, and lustrous eyes, and made them virgin - pure (and undefiled).

Sura 3:15 says "Shall I give you glad tidings of things Far better than those? For the righteous are in Gardens in nearness to their Lord, with rivers flowing beneath; therein is their eternal home; with companions pure (virgin); and the good pleasure of Allah".

In the haddith Mishkat al Masabih, Mohammed said "d lowliest of d inhabitant of paradise will have 80,000 servants and 72 wives (virgins)......"

There is also rivers of wine. Sura 47:15 says "(Here is) a Parable of the Garden which the righteous are promised: in it are rivers of water incorruptible; rivers of milk of which the taste never changes; rivers of wine, a joy to those who drink; and rivers of honey pure and clear. In it there are for them all kinds of fruits; and Grace from their Lord."

This is not balanced because women too should have their own virgin men and 72 husbands(pure). Instead, everything is about men as if no woman is qualified to enter islamic heaven.

Quit being deceived, Muhammad never met with any Angel Gabriel in any cave. At best, he had an encounter with a demon. God cannot hand over his entire agenda for mankind to only one Man. Allah is not God but d family idol of Muhammad which he militantly imposed on Meccans and others.

This is serious! But I think salient issues are raised by this guy
Re: The Challenges Of Igbo Muslims by yommy2sure(m): 4:31pm On Aug 05, 2012
The biggest inconsistency I found with this Islam is that at least according to the preserved religious books there is agreement that Adam, Abrham, Noah, Lot, David, Solomon etc then Jesus all have Jewish origin then all of a sudden the comforter of the Jews and indeed all mankind after Jesus chose abi God chose him to come from Arab. Thats exactly where the linear graph took some sharp bend called Islam!

2 Likes

Re: The Challenges Of Igbo Muslims by alienvirus: 4:33pm On Aug 05, 2012
mollie12:

Alienvirus, two words - no!no!no!no!

(I'm thinking you were the kind of child whose mother had to pull her hairs out when explaining a new concept to him)

Please go back and read those verses of the Bible in their full context and understand them properly. There's nothing as tragic as one who turns their back on eternal life because they've swallowed and digested some half-phrased, incomprehensible information, and all the while the truth was out there waiting to be accepted.

God help you bro

I will rather watch tom and jerry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

If You Converted To Islam From A Christian Family. Share Your Experience / 10 Years After Burial, Imam Sheez Adeyemi's Body Remains Fresh / Sheikh Dauda Onyeaocha Is Dead! Chief Imam Of Imo State Dies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 139
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.