Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,582 members, 7,823,519 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:14 AM

The Challenges Of Igbo Muslims - Islam for Muslims (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / The Challenges Of Igbo Muslims (33998 Views)

Hidden Islam: Nicolo Degiorgis Charts The Challenges Of Being Muslim In Italy / Challenges Of Muslims In Nigeria; Solutions Needed Please / Challenges Facing Igbo Muslims - Sheikh Uthman Anaga (igbo Muslim) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Challenges Of Igbo Muslims by ril19(m): 7:26am On Aug 06, 2012
noblezone: Its not only the issue of tradition, Islam has a way of turning violence @ the end of the day.

Also, we need to sit down and look critically into the teachings of both Christianity and Islam.

Eg: christianity teaches forgiveness even to the extent of turning the other cheeck rather than revenge, islam on the other hand teaches an eye for eye as patterned in the time of Moses.

So, will Igbo moslems practice sharia? and were will they practice it?

It is time Christians rise up to the occasion and preserve our faith for our children.

i'm definitely not prejudistic people, but i think i wholely agree with this man who says that "islam has a way of turning violent ultimately"
Re: The Challenges Of Igbo Muslims by talk2me006(m): 7:28am On Aug 06, 2012
REVOLUTNIS: Any Igbo man or woman who convert to Islam should be stone to dead, bcus their are bringing curse on our land.
but curse was there already nw
Re: The Challenges Of Igbo Muslims by talk2me006(m): 7:30am On Aug 06, 2012
Sisi_Kill:
Whaaaaa? You don't say!!!

Oh dear! I am so embarrassed right now. embarassed
It is u that suppose to feel ashamed. wat a gud point for u over there
Re: The Challenges Of Igbo Muslims by KDULAR: 7:34am On Aug 06, 2012
kaytytty: i do nt blame d christians because their religion allows them to practice same sex marriage such as lesbianism and gay,it also gives right to prostitution,it also does nt support early marriage but it support casual sex well am nt suprised it was a religion introduced after a long reign of slavery so their souls re enslaved n yet they rejoice in immorality n still they claim they want to b like christ
A true muslim indeed you are

1 Like

Re: The Challenges Of Igbo Muslims by talk2me006(m): 7:43am On Aug 06, 2012
Onyenna:

That ogogoro that u are taking ain't good for your health..........
Your "jihad" or whatever you call it won't work in igboland..... I would rather be a PROUD Traditionalist than convert to islam..... **did u know that ur prophet is a Christian?**
If u decline the truth religion then many of your generation wil accept islam. it is not a must for to accept islam- it is only a solution to your life
Re: The Challenges Of Igbo Muslims by JaaizTech: 7:43am On Aug 06, 2012
Bélla3: akthedream: .
.What can you say about
there biblical verses you
little terrorist.
“When you approach a
city to fight against it,
you shall offer it terms of
peace. If it agrees to
make peace with you and
opens to you, then all the
people who are found in
it
shall become your forced
labor and shall serve you.
However, if it does not
make peace with you,
but
makes war against you,
then you shall besiege it.
When the LORD your God
gives it into your hand,
you shall strike all the
men in it with the edge of
the sword. Only the
women and the children
and the animals and all
that is in the city, all its
spoil, you shall take as
booty for yourself; and
you shall use the spoil of
your enemies which the
LORD your God has given
you. Only in the cities of
these peoples that the
LORD your God is giving
you as an inheritance,
you
shall not leave alive
anything that
breathes” (
Deuteronomy 20:10-17).
“Now therefore, kill
every male among the
little ones, and kill every
woman who has known
man intimately. But all the
girls who have not
known
man intimately, spare for
yourselves.” (Numbers
31:17-18).
“Do not think that I
have
come to send peace on
earth. I did not come to
send peace, but a sword.
I
am sent to set a man
against his father, a
daughter against her
mother, and a daughter-
in-law against her
mother-in-
law” (Matthew
10:34-35).

Quite shocking how no christian has come up with a reasonable explanation of these verses, one (@Bella) is even claiming Christianity is not about the Bible but about Christ. How ludicrous, I often wonder what Christians follow these days, because they seem to just be following the maverick, charisma and motivation speeches from there pastors. There is nothing christ like about the Christianity of today; it is all about fantasy and fun-fair, hence the appeal. Wanted to throw my light, but I have to dash to work... Wish all you guys a great day.

1 Like

Re: The Challenges Of Igbo Muslims by talk2me006(m): 7:54am On Aug 06, 2012
JaaizTech:

Quite shocking how no christian has come up with a reasonable explanation of these verses, one (@Bella) is even claiming Christianity is not about the Bible but about Christ. How ludicrous, I often wonder what Christians follow these days, because they seem to just be following the maverick, charisma and motivation speeches from there pastors. There is nothing christ like about the Christianity of today; it is all about fantasy and fun-fair, hence the appeal. Wanted to throw my light, but I have to dash to work... Wish all you guys a great day.
Iam very sure, no christian can defend those plenty facts above. wat they only know is abusive word, curse etc. or are they confuse ni?
Re: The Challenges Of Igbo Muslims by talk2me006(m): 7:55am On Aug 06, 2012
JaaizTech:

Iam very sure, no christian can defend those plenty facts above. wat they only know is to deviate from points, type down many abusive word, distributing curse etc. or are they confuse ni ?
Re: The Challenges Of Igbo Muslims by olavictors(m): 8:55am On Aug 06, 2012
thank the heavens am not igbo.
Re: The Challenges Of Igbo Muslims by vemmawealth(f): 9:15am On Aug 06, 2012
akthedream: You have been stylishly dodging questions that have been put forwajrd to you.Nope muslim don worship what u stated above.its the christains that worship idols which include the picture of Nel gibson..is he not ur jesus?..So anybody with beards and long hair represents ur jesus huh?..You okay?

Why should I dignify crass foolishness? Just hear urself now saying Mel Gibson is Jesus. How does it sound to you? Or should I now start lecturing u that he's an actor and only acted a play written about Jesus. Your reasoning is arrant reprobation but am not surprised, if you can be dressing like arab in Nigeria, u can say anything
Re: The Challenges Of Igbo Muslims by Wisepac: 11:03am On Aug 06, 2012
Islam is the only true religion that is going to be accepted from the God

2 Likes

Re: The Challenges Of Igbo Muslims by Yahoo1(m): 11:05am On Aug 06, 2012
gbadexy: Wow, we had Iftar for nairaland muslims on saturday and I wish I could have met AKthedream and sweetnectar.
Sweet nectar, keep up the real jihad. Your husband is a most fortunate man.
Muhammad didn't consummate with Aisha at 9 years old, while he married her relatively young, any student of history knows that girls marry at 12 years old back then and even in the mediaval times and if it were an issue, the critics of the prophet would have made an issue out of it.
Besides, the arabs and Caucasians have rapid growth and a 12 or 13 years old arab would probably look like a 19 year old black african.
...lwkmd... U make no point.....youer so called prophet is a pervert then?
Re: The Challenges Of Igbo Muslims by Yahoo1(m): 11:06am On Aug 06, 2012
talk2me006:
If christian is not about bible that mean ur christianity has no bases. i wil suggest a holy quran for u which wil let u know that jesus cannot save u.
....quran or wateva is just a fictional book written by a pervert
Re: The Challenges Of Igbo Muslims by Yahoo1(m): 11:09am On Aug 06, 2012
akthedream: @vemmawealth and Bella3-Well am left with no choice here but to do this.If all you have said about Islam and Prophet Muhammed(pbuh) in particular is true,may the God you serve answer all your prayer and grant you all your wishes on earth and hereafter.But if what you have been posting are lies,may the God you serve punish you and make you pay for it on earth and hereafter(Unless you repent from these lies)..Please kindly say a big AMEN to this if you know you have been typing nothing but the truth.Even that adultrated book you call Bible,also detest lies.
....well they can say amen if our muslim brothers(we r all brothers ryt? Am a christian though)here says the same thing about their own lies
Re: The Challenges Of Igbo Muslims by Yahoo1(m): 11:25am On Aug 06, 2012
Sweetnecta: @Chimsky:I was alive during the war. I was already for high school, so they might have told you the story, in history books: i lived it, in high school closer to igboland than lagos. All the christian elites who fought in the war, including late ojukwu, if they were truly christians, they should have fought the northern islam elites, will you thing it is the better situation? today, gowon aligns himself with christians, when it comes to religion and aligns himself with the north when it comes to region.

the war was a war of region and not religion. all strategies are fair in war is what christian igbos used against nigeria that its placard was northern islam. but we are now talking about religion and to deny the igbos the benefit of islam, no one has the right to do that. igboland used to be traditionalist before it is christianity. first it was catholic. then you now have protestants.

who says igbos and can not be muslims? we even have jewish muslims. palestinian/arab jews.

my spouse is igbo and muslim. my father of my nieces is an igbo. i wonder how everybody is thinking islam can not be igbo's own religion if roman catholic is for the most part, today.
.....if you lived during the civil war..then i guess u are way older than i am,and i will giv u due respect....igbos can actually pratice islamism,but you all act as if islam is the only true religion which we doubt,...and if u read the words of the poster,(4give me if i dnt rmember the name of the islam scholar that he/she is saying was interviewed,this islam names are rili hard 2 start typing)this lady is basically saying it shuld be imposed,if everyone was to follo d islam rules,the their shuld be no law and hence no peace!
Re: The Challenges Of Igbo Muslims by talk2me006(m): 11:28am On Aug 06, 2012
Yahoo1: ....quran or wateva is just a fictional book written by a pervert
i believe you must be refering to bible not quran.
hav u read 101 error in bible ?
Re: The Challenges Of Igbo Muslims by adaybayor(m): 11:38am On Aug 06, 2012
vemmawealth:

Why should I dignify crass foolishness? Just hear urself now saying Mel Gibson is Jesus. How does it sound to you? Or should I now start lecturing u that he's an actor and only acted a play written about Jesus. Your reasoning is arrant reprobation but am not surprised, if you can be dressing like arab in Nigeria, u can say anything

Why do u wear shirt and trousers since they aint local to nigeria, you hypocrisy in obvious...who is that man in the supposed jesus' pictures
Re: The Challenges Of Igbo Muslims by talk2me006(m): 11:38am On Aug 06, 2012
vemmawealth:

so that means people with mel gibson picture as a jesus in their houses are also acting a film. chei!
abeg u lack point.
Re: The Challenges Of Igbo Muslims by talk2me006(m): 11:49am On Aug 06, 2012
Yahoo1: ....well they can say amen if our muslim brothers(we r all brothers ryt? Am a christian though)here says the same thing about their own lies
that question is for bella and venmoney.
let them reply.
Re: The Challenges Of Igbo Muslims by Jamisco: 11:59am On Aug 06, 2012
tbaba1234: ^Muslim means one who submits to God.... Did Jesus submit to God? your bible says he did many times... If that is the case, He is muslim....

Muslims submit to ALLAH the most known and powerful IDOL in Mecca then.

Read the Qur'an and you will know that Jesus is a Holy spirit came down through Mary, the Messiah (saviour) and the end time Judge.

Please accept Christ now, or He will judge you according to your Qur'an and be condemned.

If you need quotations that would help you from the Qur'an to accept Jesus Christ, ask for them and I'm ready to give you.

thank you and remain bless.
Re: The Challenges Of Igbo Muslims by aribisala0(m): 12:24pm On Aug 06, 2012
Please accept Ogun Now. He will protect you on the road
Re: The Challenges Of Igbo Muslims by noble84: 12:32pm On Aug 06, 2012
most of the acclaimed Muslims today were as a result of mistakes made by their forefathers.in 1804,usman danfodio fought a jihad(holy war),which forced most of you to be muslims today.most of your forefathers were traditionalist and people who do not believe in the existence of God.but they were conquered by Danfodio and his men,and that's why most of you are here talking about this religion of violence.there can never be peace anywhere muslims are and thats because reght from the onset they were converted through violence and they behave like they are being remote controlled.thats the major reason why politicians can use them to wreck havoc in a society.they sooner you guys realised that,they better for humanity.because let for me alone,i think muslims should be wiped out of the surface of this earth.I prefer traditionalist to this violence-prone,blood sucking sect.
Re: The Challenges Of Igbo Muslims by adaybayor(m): 12:51pm On Aug 06, 2012
noble84: most of the acclaimed Muslims today were as a result of mistakes made by their forefathers.in 1804,usman danfodio fought a jihad(holy war),which forced most of you to be muslims today.most of your forefathers were traditionalist and people who do not believe in the existence of God.but they were conquered by Danfodio and his men,and that's why most of you are here talking about this religion of violence.there can never be peace anywhere we muslims are and thats because reght from the onset they were converted through violence and they behave like they are being remote controlled.thats the major reason why politicians can use them to wreck havoc in a society.they sooner you guys realised that,they better for humanity.because let for me alone,i think muslims should be wiped out of the surface of this earth.I prefer traditionalist to this violence-prone,blood sucking sect.

Here comes the king of hypocrites? Who and who are we!!!? Traditionalists don't believe in God!!!?...you display ignorance with pride. If muslims are to be wiped out then you will be among...who are you fooling?
Re: The Challenges Of Igbo Muslims by Saxophemsy: 1:21pm On Aug 06, 2012
Bélla3: sorry bt Christainity is nt about the bible. It is about Christ. Mo-ses is just anoda Mo-hammed! Only diff. Is moses deviated, mohammed was neva on track.
i'm a xtian, but this a high display of ignorance on ur part..
Re: The Challenges Of Igbo Muslims by JaaizTech: 2:07pm On Aug 06, 2012
vemmawealth:

Well, I am afraid that the way Christians Celebrate the image of THE supposed Jesus (Mel Gibson's Image) makes one wonder. People will tell you they saw Jesus in their dream ... Ask them to describe who they saw, they give you a Mel Gibson's description.Perhaps Christians should find out about the origin of the bible. Why does the catholic bible have more books, than the common King James used by Pentecostal. Who decided to exclude the Gospel of Barnabas from the bible? How accurate is the Bible?
Re: The Challenges Of Igbo Muslims by NOLONGTIN1(m): 2:28pm On Aug 06, 2012
Hmmmm!! I hope it never happens
Re: The Challenges Of Igbo Muslims by Nobody: 2:58pm On Aug 06, 2012
vemmawealth:

We all know Mel Gibson is just an artist just like the person you portray as Jesus christ(you even kiss the picture and bow before it foolishly).My point is that there is no real picture of Jesus anywhere in the world.If you can bow before that picture,then you and your next generations of christains can do the same to Mel Gibson's picture to,forgetting that he is just a paid actor..As for the dressing aspect,i think you wanted to type..If pastor Oritsejafor,Catholics,Celestials and many christains leaders can dress the way they do,then they have to get their brain checked right?Even your modern Pastors who wear Suit when the temperature is very high in Naija(maybe that is why they speak in tongue jtjgmjagjgmtmgagptjmgtjmgajmpatjmgkmgtjmdgtjmgt+j) need to be wiped.Can u speak in tongue?I just did it up there..lol
Re: The Challenges Of Igbo Muslims by talk2me006(m): 3:07pm On Aug 06, 2012
Jamisco:

Muslims submit to ALLAH the most known and powerful IDOL in Mecca then.

Read the Qur'an and you will know that Jesus is a Holy spirit came down through Mary, the Messiah (saviour) and the end time Judge.

Please accept Christ now, or He will judge you according to your Qur'an and be condemned.

If you need quotations that would help you from the Qur'an to accept Jesus Christ, ask for them and I'm ready to give you.

thank you and remain bless.
Wen i read your post! i laugh.
u just reminded me of wat those meccan unbeliever used to say to prophet muhammad during ignorance time.
all the bad uterance u said above is even small compare to those early people.
where are those people nw? they all perish without a trait and for d prophet(pbuh) and his creator and ur own creator their trait are spread all over d world.
i believe u must have someone bearing muhammad in ur family.
now which way do u want to follow?
do u want to perish without a trait?
i set a pace for u.
Re: The Challenges Of Igbo Muslims by Nobody: 3:34pm On Aug 06, 2012
Yahoo1: ...lwkmd... U make no point.....youer so called prophet is a pervert then?
Yahoo boy no laptop.How far na?Shey maga dey pay?Remember say ur pastor no go chop o if tithes now enter this month.According to your business partner(Bella3),She said your BIble is USELESS.That christains are followers of Christ(Practice jesus way of life).So no WIFE,no CHILDREN,you must keep beards,no more suit,jeans and other casual wears..it must be GARMENT all through(just like the pope and fathers in catholic).Not until you atleast you copy these way of life from Jesus,then you
should not portray yourself as a christain...
NB..No more yahoo yahoo.Kindly inform your pastor to stop defrauding his members and also to stop collecting tithes from criminals like you..peace!

1 Like

Re: The Challenges Of Igbo Muslims by Nobody: 3:46pm On Aug 06, 2012
noble84: most of the acclaimed Muslims today were as a result of mistakes made by their forefathers.in 1804,usman danfodio fought a jihad(holy war),which forced most of you to be muslims today.most of your forefathers were traditionalist and people who do not believe in the existence of God.but they were conquered by Danfodio and his men,and that's why most of you are here talking about this religion of violence.there can never be peace anywhere muslims are and thats because reght from the onset they were converted through violence and they behave like they are being remote controlled.thats the major reason why politicians can use them to wreck havoc in a society.they sooner you guys realised that,they better for humanity.because let for me alone,i think muslims should be wiped out of the surface of this earth.I prefer traditionalist to this violence-prone,blood sucking sect.
Ask your father or if possible your forefathers how the CRUSADERS spread christainity.
Re: The Challenges Of Igbo Muslims by NOLONGTIN1(m): 3:48pm On Aug 06, 2012
JaaizTech:
Well, I am afraid that the way Christians Celebrate the image of THE supposed Jesus (Mel Gibson's Image) makes one wonder. People will tell you they saw Jesus in their dream ... Ask them to describe who they saw, they give you a Mel Gibson's description.Perhaps Christians should find out about the origin of the bible. Why does the catholic bible have more books, than the common King James used by Pentecostal. Who decided to exclude the Gospel of Barnabas from the bible? How accurate is the Bible?

If you want to know why those books(The cannon laws) Google it, don't always believe what ur Alfa tells you, he will tell u lies or half-truth, I'm sure his/her answer to dat question is false. I'll tell you why those books weren't included even though I doubt it will make any difference to you because ur heart has been harden.
The cannon laws(books) weren't included in the bible because it didn't reference the other books in the bible.... If you read the bible well and not what ur Alfa tells (good thing its in English, I believe u understand English) you will find out that all the books of the bible references each other from Genesis to Revelations.
Btw next time ur alfa tells you something about christian/Jesus google it? As Google why.... we have nothing to hide, light cannot be hidden.
Re: The Challenges Of Igbo Muslims by talk2me006(m): 3:53pm On Aug 06, 2012
JaaizTech:
pls christians in this thread must answer those questions above. or else keep silent foreva.
and pls no abusive word and u must answer with points.
thank u.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Dreaming About My Late Dad Crying. / 10 Years After Burial, Imam Sheez Adeyemi's Body Remains Fresh / Shocking Reason Why Muslims Don't Condemn Terrorism

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.