Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,684 members, 7,823,924 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:36 PM

Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - FINALS - Literature (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - FINALS (15612 Views)

Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Season 2 - You Are Cordially Invited! / Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day ! / Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - You Are Cordially Invited! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - FINALS by chucky234(m): 10:03pm On Jul 22, 2012
shymmex:

It's no secret that IBB served the Northern oligarchy throughout his tenure as the president. Sultan of Sokoto was the almighty hand pulling the strings throughout his regime, and most of the few projects he completed during his tenure only served Northern interests.

- Abuja was moved to the North.
- Most of the dual carriage roads were built in the North.
- Most of the oil blocks were awarded to Northerners..
- Nigeria became a member of OIC (Organisation of Islamic countries).

I can go on and on, mate.

Ethnicity has nothing to do with it because he never served the interests of THE NORTHERN MASSES - he only served the interests of the Northern oligarchy/clientele, who were the godfathers.

Can you see the difference?
Abuja was moved to the north...
From where?
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - FINALS by Nobody: 10:04pm On Jul 22, 2012
chucky234: Abuja was moved to the north...
From where?

May bad, FCT was moved to ABuja.
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - FINALS by coogar: 10:05pm On Jul 22, 2012
OAM4J:

Relax, the chairman will make a pronouncement on it shortly.

about fucking time!
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - FINALS by Nobody: 10:05pm On Jul 22, 2012
Can you guys give newacca and I 15mins?

And don't disqualify me.. grin
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - FINALS by cheddarking(m): 10:07pm On Jul 22, 2012
shymmex: fvcking hell!

You guys are haters on steroids.. grin

Yesterday's debate was an impromptu one, I composed my argument in less than 20mins, you guys need to give me a break.

Judge me based on today, and what I'm posting now.

shymmex:

It's no secret that IBB served the Northern oligarchy throughout his tenure as the president. Sultan of Sokoto was the almighty hand pulling the strings throughout his regime, and most of the few projects he completed during his tenure only served Northern interests.

- Abuja was moved to the North.

From where? Peckham?

See how you expose your dull arse?

shymmex:

How dumb can you be?!

FCT IS ABUJA...

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - FINALS by fagamite: 10:07pm On Jul 22, 2012
shymmex:

Dont worry about it. Even Isaac Olawale wound have made the same mistake.
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - FINALS by Nobody: 10:08pm On Jul 22, 2012
Fvck it..

I didn't do bad for a Briton.

Newacca meet me in the culture section, the judges are biased.

Still the most hated on NL!! wink

I'm out!
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - FINALS by newacca: 10:09pm On Jul 22, 2012
Common! It is not a reasonable to argue that IBB moved the Capital to Abuja and you geographically located Abuja in the North! Abuja is in the centre of Nigeria without any root of specific tribe.
And if you argue that the points you listed below are forms of favours to the northerners,then you are still revolving the fact that ethnicity is a major cause of corruption. Tribalism is prominent in every government system in Nigeria and private organisations included
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - FINALS by Nobody: 10:10pm On Jul 22, 2012
fagamite:

Sagamite, you want me to tear you a new arsehole today again, mate?

I've never lost against you.

I'm still 4 - 0 against you, take that to the bank. cool
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - FINALS by chucky234(m): 10:10pm On Jul 22, 2012
shymmex:

Capital was moved from Lagos to Abuja in 1991, but was Lagos FCT? Guess you are battling with your ideas
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - FINALS by fagamite: 10:10pm On Jul 22, 2012
shymmex: Can you guys give newacca and I 15mins?

And don't disqualify me.. grin

Why would they do that? Its not as if you are not Isaac olawale or not smart enough to cite Pareto, Marx, Roman Abramovish or any of the other foreign sounding names. On the contrary, you've been elevated to the post of debater emeritus . . . you are now above the judges, just a notch below Seun..
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - FINALS by kilimanjaro(m): 10:10pm On Jul 22, 2012
This is incredibly amazing!
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - FINALS by Nobody: 10:11pm On Jul 22, 2012
chucky234:
Capital was moved from Lagos to Abuja in 1991, but was Lagos FCT? Guess you are battling with your ideas

But who moved it? IBB!!

Lagos was the capital before Abuja. undecided undecided
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - FINALS by Odunnu: 10:13pm On Jul 22, 2012
antitpiah:

Keep your head up, stay focused. You are now Isaac Olawale, dont let them distract you. Keep your mind on the prize.
LMAO
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - FINALS by fagamite: 10:13pm On Jul 22, 2012
chucky234:

Good one mate. I didnt even see that.
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - FINALS by Cuddlemii: 10:13pm On Jul 22, 2012
FINAL SCORES

"Congratulations to you all!"

Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - FINALS by cheddarking(m): 10:14pm On Jul 22, 2012
shymmex:

But who moved it? IBB!!

Lagos was the capital before Abuja. undecided undecided

The point Newwaca is making is that Abuja is not in the North but CENTRAL Nigeria and the relocation of Nigeria's capital cannot be seen to favour any tribe...

Honestly, did you go to school Shytmess?
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - FINALS by Nobody: 10:15pm On Jul 22, 2012
newacca: Common! It is not a reasonable to argue that IBB moved the Capital to Abuja and you geographically located Abuja in the North! Abuja is in the centre of Nigeria without any root of specific tribe.
And if you argue that the points you listed below are forms of favours to the northerners,then you are still revolving the fact that ethnicity is a major cause of corruption. Tribalism is prominent in every government system in Nigeria and private organisations included

It's not tribalism, our problem has more to do with extreme capitalism than tribalism..

Smell the coffee, mate..

PDP = detribalised party, yet the most corrupt..

What's tribalism anyway?

Tribalism = loyalty to one's tribe.

How does being loyal to your tribe cause corruption?

You're myopic? undecided undecided
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - FINALS by coogar: 10:15pm On Jul 22, 2012
breezy047:

Everyone does want empowerment. . .
but it is agreeable that empowerment will not come from poor goverance, and every reasonable person knows this.

Mahatma Gandhi quoted: I will not anyone walk through my mind with their dirty feet.
So the present circumstance should not blind people from seeing and being able to clearly identify what the major causes of the problem( the Means) are and what the peripheral causes like Godfatherism are.

[/b]We can never have the empowerment we desire until we look beyond Godfatherism and get rid of dishonest, shady and fruadulent GOVERANCE, POLITICAL PARTY STRUCTURES, POLICING system.[/b]

These are the drivers of the vehichle. The major enemies to the PEOPLE.

And who do you think is responsible for the dishonest, shady and fraudulent governance? It's the Godfathers. If you owe your political post to a Godfather then logic says you would be indebted to him for as long as you remain in that post. Shortly after you take the post, the demands start trooping in and you must obey the kingmakers...

Olunloyo(Oyo State former Governor) described the vicious cycle this way:Money flows up and down…these honorable members [of the Oyo State House of Assembly], during the election period, they want the patronage of the puppeteer. Afterwards money will flow in the opposite direction—back from the puppet to the puppeteer

I hope you know the money he's talking about here is supposed to ensure effective policing, provide basic amenities to the people and create jobs for the teeming youth. The Godfathers spend N50m-N300m to put their puppets in power only to demand N5 billion when the puppets win the elections.
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - FINALS by newacca: 10:15pm On Jul 22, 2012
@shymmex,
ABUJA WAS MOVED TO THE NORTH: error though.

Capital was moved to Abuja. and Abuja is central! roger that. Abuja aint in North!
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - FINALS by newacca: 10:18pm On Jul 22, 2012
Bro,tribalism in this part of the world had been abused to mean nepotism
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - FINALS by cheddarking(m): 10:18pm On Jul 22, 2012
I honestly cannot believe this clown had the audacity to say THIS: shocked shocked

shymmex: Shymmex is a don... grin grin

Cheddarking,

How come you didn't make the next round in the debate yesterday? grin

Go on Isaac.. wink
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - FINALS by coogar: 10:19pm On Jul 22, 2012
Cuddlemii: FINAL SCORES

Newacca- 14.5+15.5+19======49(Winner)
Coogar- 12.5+15+19========46.5(2nd Place)
Breezy047- 15.5+15.5+14====45(3rd Place)

this is fraudulent....5 judges minus the judge that stepped down...yet 3 results were presented!
my simple arithmetic tells me 5-1 = 4.
what is this blatant fraud perpetrated by Nigerian judges?

then again, that was supposed to be the semis....
that newacca mauled shymmex does not mean he would obliterate coogar...
he won his round, i won my round....shouldn't there be a clash between the 2?
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - FINALS by newacca: 10:20pm On Jul 22, 2012
@shymmex you a neophyte in politics? undecided
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - FINALS by ayox2003: 10:20pm On Jul 22, 2012

Good. No dispute! The shymex guy switched on GTS (Google That Shiit)

Frawzey.
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - FINALS by Nobody: 10:21pm On Jul 22, 2012
newacca: Bro,tribalism in this part of the world had been abused to mean nepotism

But is that cause of corruption and class based system in Nigeria?

And do the Nigerian elites belong to the same tribe?
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - FINALS by chucky234(m): 10:22pm On Jul 22, 2012
newacca:
If Fashola agreed to dance to the tune of Fashola why did Fashola sanitized the street of Lagos making in a hell for Political hoodlums and miscreant that were on the payroll of Lagos state govt. during Tinubu's days in Office? Whyd Fashola sent most of them packing and refused to pay lump sum for their foreign trips?
I need to be convinced that Tinubu and his allies are the direct beneficial of Lekki toll gate revenue.

Could you please pin point the godfather's of Obasanjo himself? I will rather say Obasanjo is godfather himself.

It seems you fail to realize the fact that if we want to sanitize our system of government,it begins from ourselves. It begins from inculcating discipline and high standard of moral value to the mind of our people,right from the childhood days. We need to change our society to transform our government.
Fashola agreed to dance to the tune of Fashola
? Guess you meant to say Fashola dance to Tinubu,to me that's minus 4 from your points.

From your point above you mentioned that Fashola sent the political hoodlums that were in Tinubu's administration but street miscreants (agberos) has since double in number and can be found in every streets in Lagos which is a clear evidence that Tinubu still call the shot in Lagos and not Fashola as you claimed.
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - FINALS by Nobody: 10:22pm On Jul 22, 2012
Viewing this topic: yemosquare, speaktome(m), Chuks0485, Tunde phish(m), jinha(m), r231(m), four4, Chrisbenogor(m), ejighikeme, iniguy(m), deenlight, eesaah(m), nthnymarce(m), Okiki_Oluwa, obailala(m), WS. Smith, toluxa1(m), megareal, Odunnu(f), not2long(m), Cuddlemii, OAM4J, kilimanjaro(m), chucky234(m), breezy047(m), ezer(m), Sagytarius(m), Cleverley(m), jay bee(m), Wizeboy(m), newacca, specialguest(f), jim jones, Soyedele1(m), omo_to_dun(m), stepo707(m), shymmex(m), Ogetogeo(m), fagamite, casket(m), Biggyd2, ayox2003(m), coogar, cheddarking(m) and 21 guest(s)

WTF!!!
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - FINALS by Nobody: 10:23pm On Jul 22, 2012
Cuddlemii

Don't send me an invite to future crap debates on NL unless you wanna talk about chics..

There are too many jobless haters on this forum.
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - FINALS by jimjones: 10:23pm On Jul 22, 2012

very deserving victory for Newacca. Breezy047 deserves second place. due respect accorded, the folks arguing for the motion were terrible.

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - FINALS by fagamite: 10:23pm On Jul 22, 2012
coogar:

this is fraudulent....5 judges minus the judge that stepped down...yet 3 results were presented!
my simple arithmetic tells me 5-1 = 4.
what is this blatant fraud perpetrated by Nigerian judges?

then again, that was supposed to be the semis....
that newacca mauled shymmex does not mean he would obliterate coogar...
he won his round, i won my round....shouldn't there be a clash between the 2?

If Newacca can maul Plato, Abramovich, Marx and Pareto, how much more you?
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - FINALS by Idowuogbo(f): 10:23pm On Jul 22, 2012
fagamite:

Stranger!!!!

Lmfaoooooooooooo!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

... / Nigerian Author Highlights Gay Characters In New Novel / Ade's Chronicle: A Tale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.