Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,042 members, 7,810,855 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:01 PM

Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - FINALS - Literature (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - FINALS (15582 Views)

Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Season 2 - You Are Cordially Invited! / Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day ! / Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - You Are Cordially Invited! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - FINALS by Cuddlemii: 11:46pm On Jul 22, 2012
freecocoa: Everybody relocate to another thread please,this one is closed.

Btw Cuddles,when will the ladies have their own debate? I suggest the topic should be "multiple partners is the best for any woman" grin

Lolz. You don't want a political topic? cheesy
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - FINALS by OAM4J: 11:47pm On Jul 22, 2012
www.nairaland.com/attachments/763270_result_jpgf201b02e8f2d54e3e8be587189774ac4

Am glad we saw this to a logical conclusion despite all the challenges.

Congratulations to all the participants, you are all winners!

Kudos to my co-judges and the chairman, Lady-cuddlemii

And to our brilliant audience; well done!
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - FINALS by Cuddlemii: 11:48pm On Jul 22, 2012
chucky234: Its been two days of fun,using this opportunity to say a big thank you to Cuddlemii for this great idea and our judges for their immense support,you guys were wonderful.

To my co-debaters, you were all worthy opponents and I look forward to locking horns with you guys in subsquents debate on NL,Shymmex,Newacca,Chedarking,Breezy and Coogar
You guys were damn smart and intelligent,great efforts from you guys.
Our audience were great as this debate wouldn't have achieved its aim without your imput, Freecocoa,Odunno,Jones,Sisi_Kill,Fagamite,Jackbauersballs you guys were wonderful.

Thank you all and good night.

Thank you love!
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - FINALS by cheddarking(m): 11:48pm On Jul 22, 2012
A big thank you to the organiser's for involving me in this project.

I have learnt a lot from this process..

Shout out to coogar and newacca...you niggas can write...

Shout out to evertone who encouraged me...

Also extending the Olive branch to Shymmex if he wants to take it...

We all learning here...Its all good...
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - FINALS by fagamite: 11:49pm On Jul 22, 2012
OAM4J: www.nairaland.com/attachments/763270_result_jpgf201b02e8f2d54e3e8be587189774ac4

Am glad we saw this to a logical conclusion despite all the challenges.

Congratulations to all the participants, you are all winners!

Kudos to my co-judges and the chairman, Lady-cuddlemii

And to our brilliant audience; well done!

Including Shymmex?
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - FINALS by SisiKill1: 11:49pm On Jul 22, 2012
Cuddlemii:

What would I say? I am trying to play it civil!
You did a FANTASTIC JOB!!! I'm sending you a chilled bottle of champagne. cool

Errrr. . .I hope you are okay with regifted gifts oh. I'm sorry but I didn't have time to get you a real gift and I'm looking at the champagne Newacca sent me and the idea just popped in my head to send it to you. embarassed
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - FINALS by freecocoa(f): 11:57pm On Jul 22, 2012
Cuddlemii:

Lolz. You don't want a political topic? cheesy
I wouldn't mind that as far as its okay to shymex my way through it cheesy,although i don't know many women on NL who are well into politics therefore a topic that catches their fancy will be best and you trust that anything wey concern man dey sweet many NL women wella wink.
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - FINALS by Johnsinia(m): 11:58pm On Jul 22, 2012
All d debaters r gud.
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - FINALS by Idowuogbo(f): 12:03am On Jul 23, 2012
freecocoa: I wouldn't mind that as far as its okay to shymex my way through it cheesy,although i don't know many women on NL who are well into politics therefore a topic that catches their fancy will be best and you trust that anything wey concern man dey sweet many NL women wella wink.
U are gbammest!

If debate falls on politics, We must shymexticate.
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - FINALS by tpia5: 12:05am On Jul 23, 2012
jesus christ, three threads?
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - FINALS by freecocoa(f): 12:06am On Jul 23, 2012
Idowuogbo:
U are gbammest!

If debate falls on politics, We must shymexticate.
You know the koko na cheesy
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - FINALS by Cuddlemii: 12:06am On Jul 23, 2012
First of all, I want to thank the 6 debaters who were brave enough to go through with this despite all odds. I am proud of you all! You believed in this project and worked with us through thick and thin. Your patience and understanding is very commendable. Thank you!

My warmest gratitude goes to the judges(Jaybee,Jarus,Sisi_kill,Roland17 & Oam4J). You were all part of an impactful journey. Thanks!

To the audience, thank you for supporting us. Your criticism and support was remarkable!

A special thank you to Oam4j and Chrisbonoger, the idea was conceived on a Tuesday but you worked with me day and night to make this a reality on a Saturday & Sunday. Thank you!

Watch out for the female debate session. Its going to be bigger and better!
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - FINALS by freecocoa(f): 12:07am On Jul 23, 2012
tpia@:
jesus christ, three threads?
And counting.

There will be another one for collection of prizes by the debaters.undecided
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - FINALS by freecocoa(f): 12:11am On Jul 23, 2012
Cuddlemii:

Watch out for the female debate session. Its going to be bigger and better!
You forgot to add that it will eventually end with names calling and probably extend to whenever the parties involved will leave NL.

I can't wait,so excited in advance.grin
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - FINALS by Idowuogbo(f): 12:17am On Jul 23, 2012
freecocoa: You forgot to add that it will eventually end with names calling and probably extend to whenever the parties involved will leave NL.

Wiv biancaful personalities in da house?
dat na Iraq vs amelica.
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - FINALS by cowgurl: 12:22am On Jul 23, 2012
WOMAN...

@Mod Cuddlemii, You are AWESOMELY CREATIVE!
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - FINALS by dayokanu(m): 12:23am On Jul 23, 2012
Interesting

We even caught a thief
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - FINALS by Idowuogbo(f): 12:27am On Jul 23, 2012
dayokanu: Interesting

We even caught a thief
Yes o! He was stealing eja aro. grin
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - FINALS by freecocoa(f): 12:40am On Jul 23, 2012
Idowuogbo:
Wiv biancaful personalities in da house?
dat na Iraq vs amelica.
I just hope say Slimyam go gree participate,i go like watch how them go take chop her raw.cheesy
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - FINALS by Idowuogbo(f): 12:47am On Jul 23, 2012
freecocoa: I just hope say Slimyam go gree participate,i go like watch how them go take chop her raw.cheesy
I believe she'll put up a fight tho! Let's just hope she doesn't Shymex. grin
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - FINALS by BigBenoski(m): 12:50am On Jul 23, 2012
jim jones:

yep. the general opinion yesterday was that yours was a shitty debate. 5 judges got it wrong yesterday, 4 judges got it wrong today. you on the other hand, spot on! that's why yours is a position nobody farkin remembers. grow up you fvkin failed abortion. you came here believing were better than everybody else. yet two debates, and two judgements later, you've proven beyond doubt that you're ability to articulate your point is inversely proportional to the substance of the point in itself. now go eat a manliness you filthy $2 LovePeddler. idiat.
dude, u shoulda just ignored d guy. I told him yesterday...same thing the judge just told him. What did 'wole soyinka' do? He said my iq was so low i couldnt decipher his codes. Smh at some characters
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - FINALS by freecocoa(f): 12:55am On Jul 23, 2012
Idowuogbo:
I believe she'll put up a fight tho! Let's just hope she doesn't Shymex. grin
It will be quite interesting and ofcourse she'll shymmex,she does that a lot with the steady spa treatment and getting of facials.grin
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - FINALS by Idowuogbo(f): 1:04am On Jul 23, 2012
freecocoa: It will be quite interesting and ofcourse she'll shymmex,she does that a lot with the steady spa treatment and getting of facials.grin
Lmfao! Go bed

Now!!!!!
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - FINALS by DExplorer1: 1:06am On Jul 23, 2012
shymmex:

Bear in mind, that was just the introduction - the real debate was done today. They should have overlooked that because it wasn't like I uplifted the whole article and pasted it on NL... I had only 20mins to prepare my argument, and that was why I couldn't really be arsed to paraphrase what I lifted from the article.

I just wanted to present an argument to get through to the next round, and get into the real debate... grin

These guys are bad losers!!

Each of you held on to your strong point. I spotted some uniqueness and am sure that's one of the purpose of this debate. Bro, i might not be on terms with you later but in this debate, i like your content. Just as my analysis yesterday, i'm so impressed to know that you could stand a good debate with the right words.

You Need To Read These! After Aborting 3 Times For Him, He's Set To Marry Another Lady This Month.

21 Reasons He Hasn't Proposed to You Yet

16 Regular Mistakes Singles Make in Relationships

25 Warning Signs of a Possible Break up in Your Relationship

16 Raw but Bitter Truths Ladies Must Know
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - FINALS by freecocoa(f): 1:08am On Jul 23, 2012
Idowuogbo:
Lmfao! Go bed

Now!!!!!
Going to bed never reach o.

I get one blokos to take care of sha,will soon be off to tend to it wink.
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - FINALS by Cuddlemii: 1:09am On Jul 23, 2012
freecocoa: You forgot to add that it will eventually end with names calling and probably extend to whenever the parties involved will leave NL.

Me too oh! I cant wait to compile the list of peculiar babeswink
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - FINALS by Cuddlemii: 1:10am On Jul 23, 2012
cowgurl: WOMAN...

@Mod Cuddlemii, You are AWESOMELY CREATIVE!

wink smiley smiley
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - FINALS by ACM10: 1:21am On Jul 23, 2012
shymmex: The judges can't even answer the question. sad

There's nothing called plagiarism in a debate..

This isn't a coursework nor dissertation, it's a debate for crying out loud..

shymmex:

I understand where you're coming from. Basically, I was going to use the article and a couple of other articles for my scholarship - but I was just too busy yesterday to do that, hence why I lifted part of the article (the first and second paragraph) - but the bigger chunk of my scholarship was written by me. I didn't even get marks for the parts I allegedly plagiarized, according to the judges' analysis.

And there's nothing called; plagiarism in a debate. Normal judges would've overlooked that - and focus on the contents of today's debate.

shymmex: Professor PhysicsQED

is there anything called 'plagiarism' in a debate?? grin

Oh yes! Plagiarism exists in a debate. Plagiarism is the use of another person's idea or a part of their work and pretend that it is your own. The term 'plagiarism' is not relative. It covers a wide range of discourse from coursework to dissertation to debate to ordinary discussion. Actually, everyone of us do make use of other people's idea inorder to improve on ours. Afteral no one is a repository of knowledge. This is intellectually acceptable if only you acknowledge the originator of the idea. It becomes plagiarism if you fails to do so. The current US vice-president, Joe Biden was disgraced out of 1988 Democratic presidential primaries after he plagiarized someone's work in his speech and debate. As recent as last year, an anti-Obama Republican politician was disgraced out of the senatorial primaries after he plagiarized Obama's 2004 speech at Democratic convention. A student was rusticated from my school after he plagiarized someone's work in his term paper. It is even a criminal offence to plagiarize in some European countries.
So, my friend, you owe us an apology for plagiarizing someone's work in a simple debate. How can we entrust our future in the hands of intellectually dishonest folks like you. You should cover your face in shame. If I were you, I will abandon my Shymmex handle for a new one. Your action is shameful.

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - FINALS by DExplorer1: 1:45am On Jul 23, 2012
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - FINALS by Cuddlemii: 2:20am On Jul 23, 2012
Sisi_Kill:
You did a FANTASTIC JOB!!! I'm sending you a chilled bottle of champagne. cool

Errrr. . .I hope you are okay with regifted gifts oh. I'm sorry but I didn't have time to get you a real gift and I'm looking at the champagne Newacca sent me and the idea just popped in my head to send it to you. embarassed

Add strawberries & whipped cream to that, I am taking newacca to the resort wink cool
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - FINALS by kandiikane(m): 2:59am On Jul 23, 2012
cheddarking: If Shymmex the Plagiarist is allowed to debate,
Then this debate and its judges have lost all credibility....

I knew that goat is too dum.b to enter into something like this without stealing someone else's work.
I knew he would mess up somewhere but I was just waiting to see where. The guy is a big fat pretender living in the hood.
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - FINALS by kandiikane(m): 3:06am On Jul 23, 2012
D-Explorer:
Plagiarism IF credit is duly given should not be a minus.

Excuse me, did you go to school? Who told you this rubbish? It's not like he quoted a sentence or paraphrased a sentence and referenced the author. He lifted whole sections of it and pretended it was his. If this was a university coursework, he will fail it because he cheated

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Nigerian Author Highlights Gay Characters In New Novel / Ade's Chronicle: A Tale / Ola Rotimi's 79th Posthumous Birthday Is Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.