Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,146 members, 7,811,221 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:58 AM

Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - FINALS - Literature (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - FINALS (15588 Views)

Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Season 2 - You Are Cordially Invited! / Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day ! / Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - You Are Cordially Invited! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - FINALS by SisiKill1: 11:50pm On Jul 23, 2012
breezy047:

Forget about the frog and the money. . .
Its obvious you may never understand my SPANISH. . .
So i'll just leave it alone.

Dont worry about that 'you are a woman' bit. Im sure it cant make your FROG leap.
Cheers! smiley

At this point I think it is safe to say it is you who doesn't understand my English. Ah well, it's not a biggie, if I count how many times I've heard English is not our mother tongue, I will be a. . .a. . .something, can't think of what yet. cheesy

All jokes aside, I think you should take back that remark about being a woman and what it implies. It is truly offensive considering you have absolutely no idea what happened.
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - FINALS by Nobody: 11:57pm On Jul 23, 2012
Sisi_Kill:

At this point I think it is safe to say it is you who doesn't understand my English. Ah well, it's not a biggie, if I count how many times I've heard English is not our mother tongue, I will be a. . .a. . .something, can't think of what yet. cheesy

All jokes aside, I think you should take back that remark about being a woman and what it implies. It is truly offensive considering you have absolutely no idea what happened.

Have a nice day!! wink
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - FINALS by dayokanu(m): 12:13am On Jul 24, 2012
You two should get a room and do the needful
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - FINALS by Pharoh: 12:16am On Jul 24, 2012
With hindsight, i believe the debate would have been conducted differently but its all good that we have the chance to learn from experience as it is the best teacher. There are some arguments coming up which needs to be addressed and i should say that the debate might have been rushed. I am following the original threads right now and the originator really had lofty ideas but the normal distractions eventually influenced the final structure. I think the coordinating team should be expanded to include more people for behind the scenes deliberations. I will try to drop one or two suggestions before the next debate so that we will not have some of these arguments in the future.

Cuddlemii:

Says who?
How are you?

Says me initially but i guess my assumptions were wrong and you realy have a good memory you know.

I am doing okay and you?, been away for a while due to some issues but am back now and congrats for being a mod, hope you do well and bring changes to your section of influence.
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - FINALS by Cuddlemii: 12:23am On Jul 24, 2012
Pharoh: With hindsight, i believe the debate would have been conducted differently but its all good that we have the chance to learn from experience as it is the best teacher. There are some arguments coming up which needs to be addressed and i should say that the debate might have been rushed. I am following the original threads right now and the originator really had lofty ideas but the normal distractions eventually influenced the final structure. I think the coordinating team should be expanded to include more people for behind the scenes deliberations. I will try to drop one or two suggestions before the next debate so that we will not have some of these arguments in the future.

Says me initially but i guess my assumptions were wrong and you realy have a good memory you know.

I am doing okay and you?, been away for a while due to some issues but am back now and congrats for being a mod, hope you do well and bring changes to your section of influence.

Thanks, I hope you come support the section with ideas too, seem you came back pregnant with ideas.
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - FINALS by SisiKill1: 12:39am On Jul 24, 2012
dayokanu: You two should get a room and do the needful
Haba! Not yet naa. . .let us have our pre-intimacy.

Don't you know that is the sweetest part? cheesy

Like right now, i'm getting all a-tingly trying to figure out how my boo Breezy got the idea that being a woman, I was so emotionally moved by Cooger's post, I disregarded all the rules and gave him the highest score. . .from this post.

Sisi_Kill: In the interest of transperancy. . .these were my comments on the debaters from the first round (nobody should take offense oh, remeber I LOVE YOU ALL and. . .and. . .I bought a new dress for this cheesy cheesy)

Reasons for Scores
Cooger – While I admire Cooger’s ways with words, I felt he said a lot without saying anything. He didn’t state fact or figures. I will be very interested to see how his opponents will rebut his argument because I don’t think he gave them anything solid to hold on to.

Shymmex – Like Cooger, he does have a way with words but unlike Cooger, he was able to show what he thinks about the motion and why he thinks that way. Referencing is always a plus. (This of course was before we found out. . .well you know)

Chucky234 – While he gave a convincing thought on the matter, he lost point for lack of adequate supporting material.

Chedderking[size=18pt]By far the most impressive of the lot. . . he was convincing in his argument and had enough material to back up his stance[/size].

Breezy – Going again a generally accepted way of thinking is very hard so I was really looking forward to reading the argument from those against the motion. While I admire Breezy’s audacity to go against the motion. . .I felt his write up lacked some depth. I’d rather a debater not go with the assumption that “I know something” already. . .No I don’t, that is why I am listening to you. It is your job to convince me something is the way it is.

Newacca – His argument against was convincing and he had some very strong points to make. His lack of sufficient evidence to back his argument cost him some points.

SECOND ROUND

In general all had very solid points to make compared to the first round.

Newcca – In my opinion, his backup and examples pushed him to the lead position.

Cooger – Once again, while I admire Cooger’s prowess with the written word, I believe he will do well giving lectures than debating

Breezy047 – Although it was a struggle for him to rebut Cooger’s argument, considering the latter never really had a solid stance on the matter, It is my opinion that Breezy047 still managed to hold his own.

Breezy Sweetie, snookums, honey boo. . .can you dazzle me once more with your astonishing powers of deduction?
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - FINALS by Nobody: 12:54am On Jul 24, 2012
Sisi_Kill:
Haba! Not yet naa. . .let us have our pre-intimacy.

Don't you know that is the sweetest part? cheesy

Like right now, i'm getting all a-tingly trying to figure out my boo Breezy got the idea that being a woman, I was so emotionally moved by Cooger's post, I disregarded all the rules and gave him the higest score from this post.

Breezy Sweetie, snookums, honey boo. . .can you dazzle me once more with your astonishing powers of deductions?

I thought you listed it out accordingly to the scoring.

My bad then. . .
I was just about to set-up a panel to investigate you! grin

You are free!

grin
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - FINALS by SisiKill1: 1:11am On Jul 24, 2012
But you are not. . .Take it back!! angry angry

That was so mean!! cry

Oh oh. . .see what you made me do, I'm so emotional right now!! cry cry
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - FINALS by Nobody: 1:29am On Jul 24, 2012
Sisi_Kill: But you are not. . .Take it back!! angry angry

That was so mean!! cry

Oh oh. . .see what you made me do, I'm so emotional right now!! cry cry

Dont worry about that statement. . .
it holds no weight anymore.

Now smile. . . smiley

You were mean too. . .
You could have easily pointed it out to me gently instead of taking me on a train of long ride. grin
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - FINALS by coogar: 9:57am On Jul 24, 2012
Sisi_Kill: Dude. . .you are gonna make me have to go into witness relocation program with this confession. My darling Cooger already wants my head on a silver platter.

i want more than your head on a platter. you scored me low marks just because you are a disciple of keeping it simple. this is an intellectual debate for fuck's sake.....3rd grade vocabulary isn't suitable!

and again, the spelling is c-o-o-g-a-r....the next time you misspell it, i will puncture your varicose veins with a HIV-infected needle!
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - FINALS by SisiKill1: 2:50pm On Jul 24, 2012
coogar:

i want more than your head on a platter. you scored me low marks just because you are a disciple of keeping it simple. this is an intellectual debate for fuck's sake.....3rd grade vocabulary isn't suitable!

and again, the spelling is c-o-o-g-a-r....the next time you misspell it, i will puncture your varicose veins with a HIV-infected needle!
Awww Coog[b]AR[/b] darling, I love you too!! kiss

I knew it wasn't in you to stay mad at me.

Oh come here you!!
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - FINALS by Nobody: 12:53pm On Sep 21, 2012
When is Season 2?
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - FINALS by Cuddlemii: 3:00pm On Sep 21, 2012
Jarus: When is Season 2?

Lolz,coming soon!

Will inquire from my partners(incl u) & update u

It's the females turn this time around

The topic would be on child trafficking.

I dnt see it being visible till November, it has to be properly executed this time around.
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - FINALS by fagamite: 3:25pm On Sep 21, 2012
Cuddlemii:

Lolz,coming soon!

Will inquire from my partners(incl u) & update u

It's the females turn this time around

The topic would be on child trafficking.

I dnt see it being feasible till November, it has to be properly executed this time around.

Are you trying to conduct a feasibility study or what?
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - FINALS by Cuddlemii: 3:33pm On Sep 21, 2012
fagamite:

Are you trying to conduct a feasibility study or what?

Sagamite, is this you?

Lolz, feasibility study ke!

Ok, the season 2 is coming soon! smiley
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - FINALS by vescucci(m): 10:27am On Sep 22, 2012
This was fun. Even in flashback. Bookmarked
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - FINALS by Cuddlemii: 2:42pm On Oct 04, 2012

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Nigerian Author Highlights Gay Characters In New Novel / Ade's Chronicle: A Tale / Ola Rotimi's 79th Posthumous Birthday Is Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.