Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,222 members, 7,829,368 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:16 AM

9jahotblog's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 9jahotblog's Profile / 9jahotblog's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (of 281 pages)

Food / Re: What Igbos Eat You Have Not Seen Before by 9jahotblog: 8:14pm On Aug 26, 2023
Probz:

Okay, Bambara nuts can be classed as a variant of bean (just like chickpeas can) in some distant plane. Clap for yourself.

Still doesn’t mean that okpa and mai-mai are the same.
they are not the same in your context here but the same contents used in preparing them are from the beans family
Politics / Re: Purported Error On Tinubu’s Certificate Validates My Discovery – Atiku by 9jahotblog: 8:13pm On Aug 26, 2023
Tinubu is a clueless fraudster same way their clueless national chairman of APC too, ganduje is a useless treasury looter too. Meanwhile, Meanwhile, The Current APC National Chairman, ex governor Ganduje collecting kickbacks from Kano contractor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZP9nnrCZqmw?si=4l9nyMSUt_8x_vkA

5 Likes 1 Share

Food / Re: What Igbos Eat You Have Not Seen Before by 9jahotblog: 8:09pm On Aug 26, 2023
Probz:

I’m likening it to a rough English translation for your understanding but you’re still taking the piss. Moi-moi is made with beans/black-eyed beans and okpa/igba-Wawa is made with Bambara nut and that’s the end of it. They are not the same food. Fact. End. Next time stick to your familiar Yoruba lane if it’s all you know.

And for the record I actually much prefer moi-moi to okpa (although I like both).
it’s Bambara beans and not nut 🌰. Correct yourself here

Food / Re: What Igbos Eat You Have Not Seen Before by 9jahotblog: 7:57pm On Aug 26, 2023
Probz:

At this point I feel like you’re just trolling. And listen, if that’s how you get your jollies, crack open a bottle of gin and enjoy yourself. But don’t feign foolery.
you are convincing more with your comments cos’ I’ve not heard of Bambara pudding before? Both moi moi and okpa is been wrapped with plantain leaves 🍃
Food / Re: What Igbos Eat You Have Not Seen Before by 9jahotblog: 7:52pm On Aug 26, 2023
Probz:

Moi-moi is steamed beans pudding. Okpa is steamed Bambara pudding. Okpa’s wrapped with banana leaves, whereas with moi-moi you have a choice of uma/elewe leaves, aluminium, et-cetera (people can improvise both with whatever wrapping agents they have at-hand). Some people use leaves (utazi, mostly) to add inside okpa but it’s generally not recommended to add lots of different ingredients besides salt, palm oil and maybe a bit of Maggi (Maggi/Knorr/whatever). No crayfish, no eggs, no nutmeg (certainly not nutmeg), no meat, no x-amount of lives in protein. No groundnut or vegetable oil.

Moi-moi is a general Nigerian food that Igbos and Yorubas especially seem to enjoy preparing but okpa’s specific to Igbos and not just any Igbos. Enugu/Wawa (including Awka) ones only. At least traditionally. And variants of moi-moi can be made with plantain (ukpo-ogede) or corn (let’s just call it ukpo-oka), whereas this definitely isn’t the case with okpa. Edikang-ikong and afang soup, likewise, might look almost the same but they’re not.

Two different foods that aren’t trying to be anything like each-other. What part of all this exactly are you finding so hard to understand?
toor😉, I will make more of my findings on this reply.
Politics / Re: Bukola Saraki: Voting Ododo Of APC A Third Term For Yahaya Bello In Kogi State by 9jahotblog: 7:41pm On Aug 26, 2023
hakeemhakeem:

You don't even difference between Kwara football acedemy and Kwara united, Kwara stars was even part of Abs
Abs football academy is different from Kwara United. Ask the good people of kwara State to explain it to you. Stop displaying your level of propaganda and ignorance here
Politics / Re: Bukola Saraki: Voting Ododo Of APC A Third Term For Yahaya Bello In Kogi State by 9jahotblog: 7:15pm On Aug 26, 2023
Cc mynd44 cc Seun cc nlfpmod Fp cc OAM4j
Politics / Re: Who Wins November 11 Kogi Gov’ship Race? (pics) by 9jahotblog: 7:14pm On Aug 26, 2023
EmekaA125:

Keep dreaming.
you heard me clearly, indefatigable Senator Dino Melaye wins the November 11th governorship election
Politics / Re: Who Wins November 11 Kogi Gov’ship Race? (pics) by 9jahotblog: 7:13pm On Aug 26, 2023
yarimo:
Breaking news DINO MILAYE beating by angry taxi drivers in okene lga of kogi state
keep on promoting indefatigable Senator Dino Melaye. So far so great, Senator Dino Melaye voting strength has increased to 80%. At the end indefatigable Senator Dino Melaye wins the November 11th governorship election
Food / Re: What Igbos Eat You Have Not Seen Before by 9jahotblog: 7:12pm On Aug 26, 2023
Probz:

That’s absolute nonsense. Moi-moi (which Igbos also eat but are more likely to call mai-mai or more rarely elele) is completely different from okpa.
tell me the difference here. Let’s see the contents they used in preparing okpa
Food / Re: What Igbos Eat You Have Not Seen Before by 9jahotblog: 7:11pm On Aug 26, 2023
TYCO77:
[color=#000099][/color]

Okpa cereal is different from moi moi cereal.
ok oooo. What’s the name of the cereal?
Food / Re: What Igbos Eat You Have Not Seen Before by 9jahotblog: 7:11pm On Aug 26, 2023
Probz:

Yeah but moi-moi/mai-mai’s completely different and is very commonly eaten among the Igbo. I’m actually going to get annoyed if anyone else calls okpa the Igbo/042 version of moi-moi. Even people in the deepest interior of Nkanu and Enugu-Ezike eat mai-mai (in all its shades), whether they do okpa as well or not. They’re not interchangeable in the littlest bit besides the fact that they’re both steamed and best wrapped in leaves.
ok oooo. I love your own response here . You are on point
Food / Re: What Igbos Eat You Have Not Seen Before by 9jahotblog: 7:10pm On Aug 26, 2023
Probz:

Listen, moi-moi (which Igbos and Yorubas kind of share, whoever gets it originally) is moi-moi and okpa is okpa. Two different dishes. Get that into your thick, silly head.
lol Na language makes them to be different but the same contents now
Politics / Re: Bukola Saraki: Voting Ododo Of APC A Third Term For Yahaya Bello In Kogi State by 9jahotblog: 7:09pm On Aug 26, 2023
hakeemhakeem:

What is the equall share mention single road or general hospital built by both mentioned governors during their terms in those districts, the Kwara football acedemy was conferted to ABS
Bukola Saraki have his own football academy separately from the state Football club called kwara United. There’s difference between the both of them
Politics / Re: Bukola Saraki: Voting Ododo Of APC A Third Term For Yahaya Bello In Kogi State by 9jahotblog: 7:07pm On Aug 26, 2023
Zeboy17:

Dino want to win election and he went to pick irresponsible woman as running mate. Somebody that will not get more than 3 vote from her family house at Ankpa. is only her, her husband that will vote PDP.
All her sim longs will not even bite her.
for God sake the deputy governorship candidate is from Igala land. Can’t you see the tribal mark on her face niii. Stop your hatred against her now. Both Senator Dino Melaye and Honourable Habibat Mohammed are best governorship candidate and deputy governorship candidate so far in Kogi State for this year 2023 governorship election in Kogi State. November 11th governorship poll must Obey.

Politics / Re: Who Wins November 11 Kogi Gov’ship Race? (pics) by 9jahotblog: 3:18pm On Aug 26, 2023
PortHarcourtcit:
everyone knows that Dino melaye is a MEDIOCRE grin
speak for yourself joor. Indefatigable Senator Dino Melaye is love by the good people of Kogi State. Just keep your hatred to yourself joor.

Politics / Re: Who Wins November 11 Kogi Gov’ship Race? (pics) by 9jahotblog: 3:10pm On Aug 26, 2023
PortHarcourtcit:
hahahaha keep on deceiving dino melaye, just the way Alex deceived the other Anambra politician...
free me here joor. Dino Melaye is the best governorship candidate so far in Kogi State
Politics / Re: Who Wins November 11 Kogi Gov’ship Race? (pics) by 9jahotblog: 3:06pm On Aug 26, 2023
Dennisbulkan:

Nigerians love fooling themselves eh!
Election wey them don rig before hand.
Democracy in African is an elite scheme of fraud.
our votes are counted please. Votes were counted, so that was the reason how Alex Otti of Lp won the governorship seat this year 2023
Politics / Re: Who Wins November 11 Kogi Gov’ship Race? (pics) by 9jahotblog: 3:06pm On Aug 26, 2023
Dennisbulkan:

Nigerians love fooling themselves eh!
Election wey them don rig before hand.
Democracy in African is an elite scheme of fraud.
our votes are counted please. Votes were counted, so that was the reason how Alex Otti of Lp won the governorship seat this year.

1 Like 1 Share

Politics / Re: 'You Have 8 Days To Leave Ilorin Or Else , Alfa Threatens Isese Worshippers by 9jahotblog: 2:57pm On Aug 26, 2023
Dem dey play. APC with their Muslim- Muslim ticket is a deadly party. Nigeria electorates are learning fast now. everyone knows that APC is a clueless evil and deadly party in Nigeria politics. Meanwhile, The Current APC National Chairman, ex governor Ganduje collecting kickbacks from Kano contractor. Very bad and shameful.

2 Likes 1 Share

Politics / Re: Who Wins November 11 Kogi Gov’ship Race? (pics) by 9jahotblog: 2:54pm On Aug 26, 2023
PortHarcourtcit:
he will loss the election... Just enjoy your pay while it lasts...
indefatigable Senator Dino Melaye will surely win in landslide victories. 14 LG out of 21 LG in Pdp bag 💼. Senator Dino Melaye is a goal

Politics / Re: Adelabu to Nigerians: Expect Improved Power Supply Between Six Months and a Year by 9jahotblog: 2:53pm On Aug 26, 2023
Dey play. Fashola destroyed the ministry no be small. Another failed promises again. everyone knows that APC is a clueless evil and deadly party in Nigeria politics. Meanwhile, The Current APC National Chairman, ex governor Ganduje collecting kickbacks from Kano contractor. Very bad and shameful.

Politics / Re: MC Oluomo's Cousin Is Running As Minister Of Youth (pictures) by 9jahotblog: 2:50pm On Aug 26, 2023
Dey are playing seriously oooo. APC has scattered patapata. Ganduje and the clueless looters in the APC are the roots of all the problems in the party. everyone knows that APC is a clueless evil and deadly party in Nigeria politics. Meanwhile, The Current APC National Chairman, ex governor Ganduje collecting kickbacks from Kano contractor. Very bad and shameful.

1 Share

Politics / Re: Intrigue As APC Holds Midnight Inauguration For NWC Members Over Raging Protest by 9jahotblog: 2:48pm On Aug 26, 2023
Ganduje and the clueless looters in the party are the roots of the crisis in Apc
Food / Re: What Igbos Eat You Have Not Seen Before by 9jahotblog: 2:24pm On Aug 26, 2023
socialjustice93:

Oga nothing like Igbo type of moi moi haba! There's moi moi that everyone knows which is made from beans and there's okpa which is an Igbo delicacy and it's not made from beans and there mode of preparation is also not the same.
can lists what is been used in making Okpa?
Food / Re: What Igbos Eat You Have Not Seen Before by 9jahotblog: 2:23pm On Aug 26, 2023
Rahkman:
oga .......okpa is okpa and moi moi is moi moi.........they are not the same thing no dey yarn okpata here
I don hear you ok. The op don affirmed on what I said before. It may be a little different cos’ of the ingredients and spices they are adding to it but it’s still the same beans that was grinded and also well cooked to formed that way.
Politics / Re: Who Wins November 11 Kogi Gov’ship Race? (pics) by 9jahotblog: 2:21pm On Aug 26, 2023
yarimo:
grassroots comedian grin grin grin
indefatigable Senator Dino Melaye fighting for justice to take its course and not injustice in the National Assembly. Senator Dino Melaye is a goal. November 11th governorship poll must Obey.
Politics / Re: 2023 Election: Tinubu Host Kwankwaso, Backs Imo NNPP Guber Candidate by 9jahotblog: 1:28pm On Aug 26, 2023
Hope Uzodinma will be rejected in the November 11th governorship election 🗳
Food / Re: The New Yam I Bought 2000 Naira From My Customer With Abeg by 9jahotblog: 1:12pm On Aug 26, 2023
That clueless Kano treasury looter, clueless fraudster ganduje must be sack. Tinubu should resign if he’s tired of Nigeria leadership. The economy is at poor state now. APC have been scattered no be today oooo. Yahaya Bello destroying APC in Kogi State no be small. Each and everyone knows that APC is a clueless evil and deadly party in Nigeria politics. Meanwhile, The Current APC National Chairman, ex governor Ganduje collecting kickbacks from Kano contractor.

Food / Re: The New Yam I Bought 2000 Naira From My Customer With Abeg by 9jahotblog: 1:11pm On Aug 26, 2023
Tinubu destroyed Nigeria economy no be small

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (of 281 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.