Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,624 members, 7,820,210 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:27 AM

Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion - Religion (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion (150279 Views)

Celestial Church Wins In Court, Deeper Life Church To Pay Them N5 Million / Church Of Satan Now Opened For All Willing To Join And May The Devil Give You Joy. / Whats So Bad About Celestial Church Of Christ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by lucabrasi(m): 7:59pm On Jul 04, 2008
@dedotrixy
i m not denying that i went there,and what prompted me to?my maternal grandmother when we were young(like 9/10 yrs old)so i dont really know if our prayers were answered there or not.
well im not saying there are no real prophets im just talking based on my own experience when we were still been taken to the church,but how can you say that the lord will not let smone out of his/her problem because he/she has evil in his heart?are you saying even though you are a prophet you have committed no sin?pls i beg to disagree with that statement,we are all sinners and being a sinner is not a barier for answering prayers unless u clarify or give an example of the kind of sins you mean.

if people do not understand some things about celestial church and attacks it then i believe the right thing to do is to explain the stuffs they dont understand,i dont have anything against the church but untill i see a pastor or prophet saying specific stuffs rather than generalising in their visions
Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by dedotrixy(m): 11:41am On Jul 08, 2008
Unless you ask for forgiveness with a REPENTANT heart and good intentions, your prayers can never be accepted. sin is sin. yeah. i quite understand what u are saying but i think you got me wrong somewhere. 'evil in your heart' i mean some people come seeking christ just for a purporse and as soon as they get what they want they go back to their sinful ways. how on earth do you think God will answer such prayers. For real, we all have sinned and come short of his glory. Some people take celestial church of Christ like one babalawo house or a white witch stuff that you can just make your consult and find your way,  God is everywhere. i am not convincing you i am only trying to bring out a point that my prayers are always granted in my church. there is no need of critics. its not like that. just try to get my point ok? stay cool and takia
Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by malitia: 4:59pm On Sep 12, 2008
hi everyone! i have had a lot of fun reading about your experiences, squabbles and opinions. i am not a church goer but i have been to loads of churches in my time but have been pushed out because of one reason or another. the churces i have been to are, C & S, redeemed, ministry of fire, foursquare,7th adventist, celestial church of christ, christ apostolic church , gospel apostolic church, the apostolic church, catholic, anglican, deeperlife, jehovah witness kingdom hall and the synagogue. i have not been to a penticostal church i dont think, but of all these churches the only ones i wasnt rejected from are RCCG and kingdom hall.

you may be wondering what all this has to do with celestial church right? the first time i went was with my uncle and her family. one of the elders laid eyes on me and decided i was unclean and made me sit outside in the rain least i taint the church children. my uncle is a shepard and has been for over 20yrs, but he didnt stick up for me, it was like he was ashamed he didnt see it before. i was only 7.

when ever i spent the holidays with my uncle i got to go to different parishes. i met different elders, prophets and the like. some were so horrible! some of them made me do unspeakable things. i never learnt anything about nothing. they often made me drink water with perfume in it UGH!
when i got older i got a little more curious as to why they kick out people who dont have the uniform (i mean not every one can afford it) and y the burn candles and drink purfume and eat sugar dipped in honey and that made a lot of people mad! they dont like questions!

so it made me study the bible more and challenge them when ever i got the chance. it wasnt long befor my uncle said it was alright for me not to go. i was 13 the last time i went. i was only a child but in every parish i went to i was treated like dirt and outcasted.

i strive to gain knowledge in every way and with what ive learned about "worshipping God" with reference to the bible is the old testament is contradicted by the new testament. so you can only be guided by one of them.
the new testament is more intune with our everyday life. no need for mediums "candles, alters, sacrifices and the like" to worship God. nobody is unclean. God accepts everybody. Love your neigbour as u love yourself.

so weather you worship at church or at home, in the end your heart is the temple. no one can see it but you and God.
if you get a false profecy God will surely punish that false prophet for misleading you.

1 Like

Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by realcele: 1:47pm On Oct 21, 2008
I do not know where to start as there are so many people with issues regarding Celestial Church of Christ. My advise to everyone is simple nobody can change your opinion but you will experience similar issue whichever church you go to---Let's just give it time. Time will reveal that people have lost what is called conscience and do things irrationally it has got nothing to do with celestial.

I will encourage people that contemplating joining the church or new and looking for information that Celestial Church of Christ is a church and not a cult. We beleive in the Bible both old and new testament and we follow the mode of worship as ordained in the bible. I will also encourage you that no matter your fate you have got to Know your God, if you dont know your God people will come and sell you different kind of things.

I will not condemn any church as it is not within my domain to say but i can tell you have being to Baptist and Rccg but i found myself more comfortable in Celestial Church of Christ. If your calling is within the church then match on if you look at the individual members and use it to judge the church as a whole then you are missing out, remember we are in the last days and so many people are rising up claiming they are doing words of God mainwhile they are doing word of their pocket. I will reinforce again to those speaking against the church of God, do not play God allow God to split the churches out as it is written in revelation.

To all Celestians in the house, i say Jorih han hihu: Oluwa ni Oba nla: The Lord the King is the greatest. I am a celestian, will always be a celestian and continually pray that i will not anything that will change my celestian believe.

1 Like

Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by Nobody: 8:27am On Oct 23, 2008
@Realcele

Tell them. . . . . .Joriha ihu, Joriha iwu Oluwa mi obanla.

Joriha ihu,joriha ihu My lord is the king.

Ijo yi ni yo we aye mo!: This church will cleanse the world.

Proudly Celestian.
Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by bronxe007(m): 4:17am On Nov 06, 2008
Halleluyah! to all the Celestians on this thread. We now have our own forum: [size=14pt]www.celestialforum.com[/size]  . Let's also make our own forum a portal of information and connection, that the whole world would want to visit for invaluable information and solution to their problems.

There is a place for suggestions on the forum; as they are welcome on how we can improve it.

We also have a group on facebook: www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=38095656694 which you can join and belong to.

[size=14pt][center]www.celestialforum.com[/center][/size]

Admin:

Iyaomolere Ayodele O.

Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by botswana77(m): 9:12am On Nov 07, 2008
This topic has been discussed for two years. Imagine
Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by chessguru(m): 12:55pm On Nov 09, 2008
hmnn,
no experience directly am just indifferent----not my type of church anyway
Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by teeboy034(m): 5:42am On Dec 23, 2008
its so sad, reading diff pple's opinion abt this church, but make no judge sha! let leave that to God to handle, thanx
Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by biina: 10:25pm On Jan 04, 2009
Interesting discussion you have here. I usually refrain from religious discussions (as it often gets messy), but for this i will make an exception.

I attend CCC, and have also worshiped in various other denominations. I wasn't born in a cele church but grew up for the most part in one. Before going to Cele my family attended other churches, and as a teenager I also attended other denominations. Even as an adult, I still worship in other denominations when opportune.

On spirituality, the spiritual realm exists and you don't have to be a christian to tap into it. A lot of people in different aspects of live tap into the spiritual realm to achieve things in the physical which are not humanly possible.

Christianity is a way of life in which you are Christ like. Religion in most forms is to help you work towards being a better christian. Unfortunately, being man influenced, no religion is perfect, and so depending on your personality and/or background, a certain religion (or denominations) will be more suitable to you than others.

Over the years, I realized that the average person's identification of a cele is any white garment church. People often mistake Cherubim and Seraphim churches for CCC, and while CCC has its fair share of controversy and bad eggs, a lot of acts (or stories) attributed to Cele are often misplaced. C&S churches, like most pentecostal churches, don't have a central authority, and thus there is a lot of 'freedom' available to the pastor/shepherd/leader of the parish, resulting in not so 'christainly' practices. By church tenets, Cele do not wear shoes around the church premises and when in church garment (sutana); use only white candles; and do not shed blood of animals (or make sacrifices)

Its sad that a lot of people inside or outside of Cele (including elders in church - which is quite unfortunate) lack knowledge about the church. They hide their ignorance behind the grace of the church. When asked questions about church tenets and practices, they cannot defend their position with scriptures, but hide under the banner of  'as led by the holy spirit'. To my knowledge, all church doctrines and practices have scriptural support. This has not stopped bad eggs from carrying out unsanctioned acts. In the past, parishes were policed and you could report suspicious acts to the HQ for investigation, but with recent leadership struggles such policing has become lax and more people have gotten away with wrong doing.

Some CCC leaders have gotten the reputation of sinful practices, and while it sad but true, I prefer to err on the side of caution when it comes to the shortcomings of people in authority or anointed of God. God works in mysterious ways, and someone we might deem unfit could turn out to be God's choice. Life's journey with God take different forms: start well end poorly (e.g Saul of OT ),or start poorly end well (paul). David loved God but killed one of his close friends (Uriah was the 30th of the Davids mighty men) to cover up his own adultery. Elijah killed people in the name of God. Elisha killed children/youths. I am not trying to defend the leaders of CCC, but I am not willing to judge or analyze them either. I  believe at the appointed time, God will take needed action.

As for the church members, a lot of people in Cele joined cos of life's 'challenges'. By grace, Cele is probably the best church at dealing with spiritual adversity, particularly for people with little faith. Unfortunately, once their problems get solved, they often tend to become a problem to the church. This problem also exists in other large denominations particularly when people join because they feel it is in vogue. I have met a lot of people that attend RCCG because of Pastor Adeboye and not God - they almost worship the poor man. A lot of Cele never grow up from drinking milk to eating meat, and spend most of their lives relying on the words of a prophet or shepherd. They become gullible, and when coupled with 'prophet/shepherd' with ulterior motives, we have a recipe for bad things. The demand and attention  gotten by prophets have lead many to become false prophets.

The bible says we should test the spirit. When discussing prophets and prophecies, I always recommend that when in doubt use the Nebuchadnezzar template - tell me my dream, and then interpret it i.e. tell me what I know, before you tell me what I don't know.

The use of physical items and/or actions (e.g. candle, oil, stream bath etc), in Cele, other churches, and the bible, is to help people reinforce their faith. These items/actions are permitted not required. With enough faith, you don't need candles or whatever. In the bible, Jesus (and prophets in the OT) healed people in various ways depending mainly on your level of faith and whatever objective God wanted to achieve. Namaan bathing in the Jordan helped him reinforce his faith and also learn humility. The centurion whose son was ill, by faith only required that Jesus say it is so. A woman believed all she needed was to touch Jesus's garment, while Martha felt raising the dead was a bit far fetched, and of course there was the blind guy that Jesus took out of the city and healed in two steps. Unfortunately, the use of candles & co has been abused by most in cele, and these items tend to become the focus of people's faith.

Angels are not revered more than God by Cele, but rather are called upon as witnesses or to help in spiritual actions.

CCC members do not wear shoes for various reasons. As a sign of respect that the church presmises and church garment is holy, and also a way of fasting.

The location of churches in remote areas is usually due to one or more factors including the holy spirit led, serenity and seclusion, and, financial limitations (CCC churches have a template that restricts the use of existing structures leading to virgin land requirements).

I feel spiritually at home in CCC, and while some dont like the church, the root problem stems from people not reading their bible and living by the woords and/or actions of a pastor.

Happy New year to all

Halleluyah
Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by yommyuk: 4:44pm On Jan 05, 2009
ma sise lo ma se wa yisimi

whatever you think u r only God is the true Judge.  Jesus said not all those who call my name will enter heaven.

There are a lot of churches with huge congregations, good organisational setup with a very welcoming presence but are spirtually empty. some will give u a few quotes in the bible and believe that is enough to confront the emeny. My brethen this might work in the western world. In Africa especailly where I am from in western nigeria the enemy is more visible and is at his full strength.

The problem is not CCC, it is the bad eggs that are giving it a bad reputation. but this kind of occurrence happened in the bible.
The law of Moses wasn't the problem it was the pharisees and saducees. That is why jesus said He did not come to abolished the law but to fulfill it.

The story of Jesus and CELE are similar. The religious rulers of the NT rejected JESUS because he did not look right. the same can be said of CELE. It does not look right. but the foolishness of God is far better that the wisdom of man.

Imagine Abraham's neigbours attitude towards him when he told them of the promise of God in his life. God promise for Cele is that it is the last ship that will cleanse the world. Unbelievers will not enter it like in the days of noah. But surely it is going to rain so We all better get ready. Oko ikehin ti de.
Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by talltosyne: 2:33pm On Feb 25, 2009
Nibo la wa ta sorire, celestial la wa yi o,
it is so unfortunate dat pple just kept on saying rubbish with their mouth on wat they knw and d ones they dnt knw. i was born and brought-up in celestial church and for once, i ve never regret being a member of the church. There is no where u go to nowadays without moral decadency, other denomiations has their own dark side which re always covered by their leaders and member bt because member of celestial will nt cover up for d dark side and that is wat give yu all d chance to open ur mouth anyway. let us all leave judgement to GOD, he knws who and who re serving him.
Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by babyboyyem: 1:24pm On Apr 11, 2009
its being very uplifting reading all comments and expriences about cele, true or not there is a common denominator about those with bad expriences, as human we blame our missfortune and shortcomings on others action one way or the other.
1) to those that say the church is evil or they worship devil, think about it carefully where pple are setup for there will be no problem there because they are doing its work any, but where there is truth and pple setup to worship God the devil goes the destabilise and destroy the place. Hence all these misgivings of the elders and the rampant nature you have all highlighted. Dont get me wrong its no excuse for whatever the elders do as they need to be fighting the devil not to use them.
2)most pple here who left bad expriences and left the church is becos u were never part of the church. as Jesus said in the bible these people departed us becos they were never part of us. moral of that is if u were true follower u strife to make the necessary change rather than run away every time something goes wrong. the other point is if you have a church of that magnitude of pple what do u expect? Jesus had 12 disciple one was a traitor.
3)this brings me to those who said they never gained anything is spiritualy from the church, am sure while u were going to cele every sunday there was the first and second bible reading ask your self over the years you were there what you did when that was going on and even when you got home. did you ever revise them at home or any other time? if you didn't then ur fault, if u did listen and revise them and still didnt gain a thing, still your fault because you lack understanding and refuse to learn the truth.

i have made the above points because i have exprienced religion and xtianity in a critical way that i realise that no matter where u go, there are three sets of pple firstly those that what to destroy secondly those working hard for the good of the church and lastly those who do nothing and blame others. from this forum i realise majority of the pple are the later who do nothing and running around from place to place, still they dont even know the meaning of truth according to the bible.

i hope you all get my point but i will be back to say more.

i pray to God to give u all understanding and not base ur decisions on the act of unscrupulous individuals who try to destroy the church of the lord.

be back to say more

God bless
Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by Jogbo: 12:37am On Apr 26, 2009
It's amazing going through the Constitution of the C.C.C. on the web. If d founder of d Church can be deceived to the point of a blind man who claimed going to and fro in the earth, a blind man who was asking for Tobbacco, Ciggarrette, and Colanut could be received as a god who sent the founder to start a Church which today has grown beyond human immaginations. Who will correct this great error of an unlerned carpenter who was deceived and in return deceived the innocents people in that Church .How can the Founder be holding the hand of his lord accross a thrench. The entire people in d celestial community should not be careless about the things of the Kingdom of God as not to crosscheck the truth in the Bible. Thanks.
Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by OREAWADOO: 10:48am On May 07, 2009
juju house
Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by nethacker(m): 1:07pm On Jun 02, 2009
babyboyyem:

its being very uplifting reading all comments and expriences about cele, true or not there is a common denominator about those with bad expriences, as human we blame our missfortune and shortcomings on others action one way or the other.
1) to those that say the church is evil or they worship devil, think about it carefully where pple are setup for there will be no problem there because they are doing its work any, but where there is truth and pple setup to worship God the devil goes the destabilise and destroy the place. Hence all these misgivings of the elders and the rampant nature you have all highlighted. Dont get me wrong its no excuse for whatever the elders do as they need to be fighting the devil not to use them.
2)most pple here who left bad expriences and left the church is becos u were never part of the church. as Jesus said in the bible these people departed us becos they were never part of us. moral of that is if u were true follower u strife to make the necessary change rather than run away every time something goes wrong. the other point is if you have a church of that magnitude of pple what do u expect? Jesus had 12 disciple one was a traitor.
3)this brings me to those who said they never gained anything is spiritualy from the church, am sure while u were going to cele every sunday there was the first and second bible reading ask your self over the years you were there what you did when that was going on and even when you got home. did you ever revise them at home or any other time? if you didn't then ur fault, if u did listen and revise them and still didnt gain a thing, still your fault because you lack understanding and refuse to learn the truth.

i have made the above points because i have exprienced religion and xtianity in a critical way that i realise that no matter where u go, there are three sets of pple firstly those that what to destroy secondly those working hard for the good of the church and lastly those who do nothing and blame others. from this forum i realise majority of the pple are the later who do nothing and running around from place to place, still they dont even know the meaning of truth according to the bible.

i hope you all get my point but i will be back to say more.

i pray to God to give u all understanding and not base ur decisions on the act of unscrupulous individuals who try to destroy the church of the lord.

be back to say more

God bless

This is a very good expression, My word for the house is “A critic is someone who never actually goes to the battle,
yet who afterwards comes out shooting the wounded.Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain but it takes character and self control to be understanding and forgiving.”
Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by madolla13: 12:34pm On Jun 19, 2009
@biina
David loved God but killed one of his close friends (Uriah was the 30th of the Davids mighty men) to cover up his own adultery. Elijah killed people in the name of God. Elisha killed children/youths. I am not trying to defend the leaders of CCC, but I am not willing to judge or analyze them either. I  believe at the appointed time, God will take needed action.
[/color]

That was then Jesus said, " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.'  This is the first and greatest commandment.  And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'  All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments" (Matthew 22:37-40 NIV).
We have a new commandment if i luv ma neighbour as i love maself i wont kill him this is the Greatest commandment we find in the new testament

[color=#770077]The use of physical items and/or actions (e.g. candle, oil, stream bath etc), in Cele, other churches, and the bible, is to help people reinforce their faith.
[/color][color=#990000]

My dear Romans 10v17 " So then faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God " This simply means the word of God will Strenghten our faith not candles.
Can you pplse quote me a scripture where candles are used to reinfonce faith ill be happy to learn

Cheer up!!
Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by yommyuk: 4:41am On Jun 22, 2009
Dear brethen,

I have been reading some of the writeups on this thread and my view is most have valid points while some are ignorant to the facts.
My advice/suggestion to anyone who thinks CCC is not real, do this

1. Go and attend the church with an open mind on a friday service between 7pm and 9pm (This service is called power day service)
2. Before u go pray and fast and let the spirit direct u to the appropriate church. ask God to reveal himself to you concerning CCC
- Prov 5:21 & 1 John 3:10 - says God knows all things and nothing is hidden from him. God who knows what is your heart will deal
with it accordingly. However John 4:24 , Luke 24:39 says God is spirit - so before u embark on your journery, eradicate every
fleshly, canal, and critical thoughts. Go with a clear mind.
Hebrew 1:1-2 In the past God spoke to our forefathers through the prophets at many times and in various ways, 2but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom he made the universe

I am 1000% sure you will see the power and revelation of the Lord's mighty feet in CCC. Mark my word. wink
Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by esteee1: 10:47pm On Jun 27, 2009
hmmmmmmm,i will advice all brothers and sisters on this thread to desist from speaking eveil about any church not just celestial church of christ.the wrath of God is not something to smile about.i was born in the church,have gained a lot from the church,i still go there whenever i like.the church was given to the founder by the holy spirit and its not a church of the flesh.anybody that says anything evil about cele is speaking evil against the holy spirit.believe it or leave it.i will tell you a big secret today.listen good,i know a whole lot of pastors,prominent members of all this pentecostal churches that still go to the celestial church for one spiritual assignment or another.to break boundaries,even our islam brothers and sisters still go there for one reason or the other.i have personally seen cases of where married women tell their spouses that they are going to market,but they end up in one cele church for prayer.so all of you saying all these stupid things about the church should tail their spouses whenever they leave they leave the house because they might end up in a cele church.let us think deeply.most of this men in the pentecostal churches that have made it and are still making it in life dont even know that their wives go to some cele churches to do some spiritual assignment for them.before you condemn a church,go and find out the misery behind the founding of the church,you dont just wake up one morning and say you want to found a church.we worship according to what the holy spirit has laid down for us.dont get me wrong,there are some parishes that are not doing the right thing which is common in all churches.if you have time or you happen to know someone in the helms of affairs of RCCG(WITH DUE RESPECT)and let them tell you how many pastors have been expelled from the church for one immoral act or the other.Talking about church collection and church money, lol, for God's sake cele is learning compared to some pentecostal churches.I will rest my case by saying that 'PEOPLE SHOULD NOT GIVE A GOOD DOG A BAD NAME".God bless us all.
Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by Omoijomimo: 12:06am On Jun 30, 2009
Can youth in celestial church receive anoinment? and at what age can they start receivng it.
Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by esteee1: 2:47pm On Jul 01, 2009
@omoijomimo annointment in the celestial church is a different thing.in celestial church,annointments are given according to your imput in the church.if you really want to know the age,lets say from the age of 21,your imput will be accessed for annointment.i hope this answers your question.God bless.
Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by enterrest: 11:25pm On Jul 13, 2009
My husband was born into the cele church, but i met him in my church; which is a pentecostal church. We attended together for a few  months and after marriage he went back to cele church.

He claims that his business is going down becos he left the cele church. He also says he needs to be in the cele church, so that they can give him visions of what is about to happen.

I personally don't have a problem with the church, although their mode of worship is still very mysterious to me. The problem is that my spirit does not click with that church. Something feels very odd, and i just can't place my finger on it.

What is worse is that the church elders and shepherd are telling my husband that it is his right to make me follow him to church and do certain things with him. The shepherd's daughter has taken a keen interest in my husband, she flaunts her waist and tight, fitting, skimpy, clothes at my husband, and is in the habit of asking my husband for a ride alone. 

I have begged my husband to allow us come together and pray and ask God for direction about our place of worship, but his not interested.

That church is about to break my marriage, God help me. cry cry
Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by noetic2: 11:52pm On Jul 13, 2009
enterrest:

My husband was born into the cele church, but i met him in my church; which is a pentecostal church. We attended together for a few  months and after marriage he went back to cele church.

He claims that his business is going down becos he left the cele church. He also says he needs to be in the cele church, so that they can give him visions of what is about to happen.

I personally don't have a problem with the church, although their mode of worship is still very mysterious to me. The problem is that my spirit does not click with that church. Something feels very odd, and i just can't place my finger on it.

What is worse is that the church elders and shepherd are telling my husband that it is his right to make me follow him to church and do certain things with him. The shepherd's daughter has taken a keen interest in my husband, she flaunts her waist and tight, fitting, skimpy, clothes at my husband, and is in the habit of asking my husband for a ride alone. 

I have begged my husband to allow us come together and pray and ask God for direction about our place of worship, but his not interested.

That church is about to break my marriage, God help me. cry cry

unfortunately this is the norm in celestial. As gifted and well intended as the church is, sexual immorality is prevalent and has led to the break up of several homes and marriages.

The unfortunate part is that, not only would she try to get ur hubby, spiritual works and subsequent attacks would be directed at u (I mean u personally) and the marriage. I think that this is a season of prayers and intellectual dialogue on ur part.

From what I have seen personally, u are embarking on a turning point in ur marriage and rel with ur hubby. things may never remain the same again. There are however two things u can do.

1. speak with someone he respects and listens to . . . .and subsequently relay ur fears to him.
2. pray repeatedly and seek the face of God.
3. NEVER EVER ATTEND, WORSHIP OR GO TO THAT VERY PARTICULAR CELESTIAL CHURCH WITH HIM. I am not in any way insinuating that celestial is bad, but by going to that very parish, u have subjected urself to false messages and works directed at destroying ur marriage. . . . .especially since the lady in question is the olusho's daughter.

Above all, keep ur senses. . . .never ever get irrational or reactive.
Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by yommyuk: 4:57pm On Jul 14, 2009
personally don't have a problem with the church, although their mode of worship is still very mysterious to me. The problem is that my spirit does not click with that church. Something feels very odd, and i just can't place my finger on it.

why does your spirit not click with the church? what is very odd about the church? Is it the parish your husbank attends or cele in general? are they not christains? Observing your husband, does he act strange?

My advice for u, is that you have to be in spirit and let the holy spirit guide you. If there is anything that is making u feel uncomfortable about
the church. Ask God to reveal it to u. fast and pray.

I have to partly agree with @Noetic suggestion. However you can still attend the church maybe once in a month and go to another parish on the
other service days. Fast for 3 days b4 attending. You presence will send a strong message. However BE aware of your surroundings. Some ladies
may want to taunt u (indirectly or directly) If direct, stand your ground. Be wise. If you have children (that will be one of your weapons) take them along.

Conclusively, Be wise and stand firm. Do not be afraid.
Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by enterrest: 6:27pm On Jul 14, 2009
Thanks Noetic2 and yommyuk for your interesting input in this matter. I appreciate you taking your time to read and interpret my comment.

Yommyuk, please know that i am not criticizing the church in any way, if you where born in a pentecostal church and have been one all your life and you happen to attend the celestial church you will agree with me that the church is very strange and different from the pentecostal mode of worship.

You asked me what is odd about the church, from the wearing of white garment, going bare footed, tying 7 candles together with a piece of cloth or tying a coconut with a candle and putting it at the altar, to inserting sugar cubes into oranges and even the sprinkling of a bottle of perfume with cowries in the bottle, and i can go on and on. That is what is odd, very mysterious, and ritualistic to me given my background.

Why my spirit does not click? it is because  all the things that i have mentioned above screams "babalawo" and "Rituals", at least that's the first impression i got, the first time i entered the church. Again you must understand that am not used to seeing those things in church. It is only natural for me to feel scared and tensed when am in that environment.

Now, they read the bible and pray very well and sing beautiful songs, but the whole time am there i am wondering, "if this people can pray, know the bible, and sing very well like this, why do they need to do all those things that i mentioned above, don't they think God has ears and can hear, and that he can see their genuine heart of worship?"

I tell you, its very challenging to be at peace,  when am looking at eggs with honey poured over them at the altar but then the  3 elder prayer is firing on in the name of JESUS, i find my attention so divided and confused  that  MY SPIRIT JUST DOES NOT CLICK.

Noetic2, you amaze me when you talk about the messages, because they have already started coming. My husband has started laying claims that my mom is a witch, he got this message from church. He says am also on my way to becoming one if i don't join his church, because that's the only way i can be rescued. Consequently, he forbids me going to see my mom or eating any thing at her place. I have to lie each time i go check on my mom.  But i must eat everything his mom brings all the way from Nigeria including herbs.

When i was going to marry my husband she warned me to be careful of the fact that it is customary for CELE members to take a second wife. But did i listen? No.  I told her its impossible, he's too educated to condescend to that. Last time i was in the church he accused me of not going over to her and  greet her properly, instead of greeting her a distance. This is someone  i am 15 years older than.

I have tried going to another parish with him, it is all the same, even worse. The first parish he went to before this one, the shepherd had actually given him another woman to marry. The shepherd thought they would make a perfect couple, one sunday i left my church early so that i could be with my husband at his church, the shepherd met me at the door and lied to me when i asked about my husband's whereabouts, after  noticing he wasn't in church. When he saw me enter a room that was unknown to me his office,  he yelled at me but it was too late. I found them both praying.

After that my husband left that parish and refused to tell me why. He later told me the shepherd was trying to pin the lady on him, and it suddenly made sense to me as to why he always gave them spiritual assignments together.

As for praying, i am trying very hard. In fact this issue, has taught me how to pray. I am still praying , but why will anyone choose to worship God in a place where his constantly being tempted with adultery? What ever happened to "lead us not into temptation".
Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by marami: 1:45pm On Jul 15, 2009
estee-e, please can you give me the address of any good cele church for deliverance. I reside in Okokomaiko, Lagos.
Thanks.
Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by nuraabi: 1:46pm On Jul 16, 2009
CCC is a SHRINE
ALL THE YO LEADERS AND PROPHETS AND PROPHETEES ARE OF THE OCCULT.
DO NOT FORGET OSHOFA SAID MONKEYS GAVE HIM THE VISION!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by hadancome: 1:00pm On Jul 23, 2009
@POST
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

@ALL,
UNA NO DEY SHAME, ARE U NOT ALL XTIANS? WHERE IS UNITY IS CHRISTIANITY? AND U WILL BE CRITICISING OTHER PEOPLES RELIGION.
I WISH THERE IS FORUM FOR THE BABALAWOS AND THE ORUNMILLA AND I SEE ANY OF U THERE, SANGO, OGUN, OBATALA AND SOPONO WILL FIRE ALL OF U. senseless people dey fight dem self over their OWN religion, why una no go meet the traditional belivers? isi ewu grin grin grin
Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by MrCrackles(m): 1:03pm On Jul 23, 2009
nura_abi:

CCC is a SHRINE
ALL THE YO LEADERS AND PROPHETS AND PROPHETEES ARE OF THE OCCULT.
DO NOT FORGET OSHOFA SAID MONKEYS GAVE HIM THE VISION!!!!!!!!!!!

grin cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by iroko01: 12:19pm On Aug 06, 2009
enterrest:

Thanks Noetic2 and yommyuk for your interesting input in this matter. I appreciate you taking your time to read and interpret my comment.

Yommyuk, please know that i am not criticizing the church in any way, if you where born in a pentecostal church and have been one all your life and you happen to attend the celestial church you will agree with me that the church is very strange and different from the pentecostal mode of worship.

You asked me what is odd about the church, from the wearing of white garment, going bare footed, tying 7 candles together with a piece of cloth or tying a coconut with a candle and putting it at the altar, to inserting sugar cubes into oranges and even the sprinkling of a bottle of perfume with cowries in the bottle, and i can go on and on. That is what is odd, very mysterious, and ritualistic to me given my background.

Enterrest,

I feel the need to reply to your quote because unfortunate for me I am also in similar predicament. I found this long trend when i searched for the word ABO with celestial church.
We are in a battle a serious one. because celestial people (esp the ones born into it) are very blind to the whole thing.

Every time i go i cant say Amen to their prayers, because i dont believe in prayin in angels names. The Woli gave his prophesy to me when i first got there and honestly the guy couldnt be more wrong. I watched him waste his time goin on and on about me (he was so off, he could have been speaking abt any random person). He then mentioned the Ise (rituals) required for the cure,  You cant imagine the things he said,  flogging, bathing in river,  sleeping in the church, bathin with eggs,  I mean, I couldnt laugh in front of him cos my mothe in-law was there with me,

I thank God that i was deeply rooted in the word of God so i knew his weapon was fear. he was trying to initiate fear in my mind, but it so didnt work, 

Now i ask my husband how he expects me to go and worship under such so called anointing,

But the truth be told, alot of the Wolis are not called to be prophets. For instance that same Woli my brother inlaw raves (go on) abt his sermons. SO he can teach the word, why not just stick to that,  why try and deliver what God has not sent you!

Everytime i go there I avoid the main church cos i am not a good pretender,  Fortunate for me, i have not see any woman chasing after my husband and I hope it doesnt get to that,   He particularly dislike dating women in his church.

Three things that I dont like abt Cele,

1, praying in the names of Angels,  I mean why,  why ,  Are they saying the name of Jesus is not enuf

2, Ise (cele rituals),  Prayer has always beeen enuf in my life,  why do i need to start bathing in eggs to recieve miracle?

3, Abo. (i know that not only cele that does this, apparently CAC too partakes in this act),  if there is a night vigil, fine i dont mind that idea but why suggest Abo for one person and not the other,  This  i believe are the things that lead to sexual sin,  because Idleness is a trap for sin, 

when i visit the church those on Abo are chatting, playing games, eating etc,  I mean why,  what is that all about,

Honestly, i know there are some good hearted (actually alot of them) people,  I mean my husband's family for instance,  there are so warm hearted and wouldnt hurt a fly,  but they are bound by this doctrine, that they cant see beyond it,

Thats why i dont blame all the lovely people that have put up post to defend their believe in CCC,  but coming from outside, this church seems totally wrong,

So i wish you all the best in your pursuit of happiness in your marriage,  but you have to pray and let that man know tht what he needs is the God of abraham, the God of Isaac, The God that sent his son to die on the cross,  Its only that God that can restore his bussiness and make it last,
Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by yommyuk: 9:42pm On Aug 06, 2009
praying in the names of Angels, I mean why, why , Are they saying the name of Jesus is not enuf

R u really grounded in the Word of God.
When We start out prayer we say - JEHOVAH ! JESUS CHRIST - HOLY ST MICHAEL
This was not a prayer routine pick up by human beings and we are not praying to any angel.
St Michael is just used as a reference on what happens in the spiritual realm when prayers are made.
This is a reference to what happens in the spiritual realm when prayers are hindered. But by the guidance of the Holy spirit, CCC was told to
pray by calling these three names and the beginning of a prayer session.

Daniel 12:1-3
At that time Michael, the great prince who protects your people, will arise. There will be a time of distress such as has not happened from the beginning of nations until then. But at that time your people—everyone whose name is found written in the book—will be delivered. 2 Multitudes who sleep in the dust of the earth will awake: some to everlasting life, others to shame and everlasting contempt. 3 Those who are wise [a] will shine like the brightness of the heavens, and those who lead many to righrighteousnesske the stars for ever and ever

Rev 12:6-8
The woman fled into the desert to a place prepared for her by God, where she might be taken care of for 1,260 days.
7And there was war in heaven. Michael and his angels fought against the dragon, and the dragon and his angels fought back. 8But he was not strong enough, and they lost their place in heaven.
Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by larristune: 5:58pm On Oct 22, 2009
well we all have our reasons and experieces to share.its a pity that most of all this postings are negative.I was born in cele and i still worship there.One thing is that any thing that is original pepople will always want to see the down fall of it.For the past 60years ,celestial church has been critized up to this moment.tell me how many churches can withstand that and will still exist,then you should know that it is not a man made church but truly sent from heaven.Lets begin with the hymns it is biblican and holy spirit filled with the true word of God.The mode of worship is biblican,i dont expect anyone to feel worshiping God should be a one way formula.God ministers to His own people in diverse ways,the way He would minister to you today would be different from tommorrow.Talking about worship,celestians bow down,we go on our knees to pray and worship him.Have u not read in the bible where so many lovers of God and Christ bow down/knee to worship God?.Imagine that God is seated in front of you will you stand to worship Him?even if you were permitted you roll to worship Him.That you have been a victim of one calamity or the other does not mean it is not a spirit filled church.I call that selective sampling that will not give you a true view about the church. People say things in the old testament are not relevant that Jesus Christ has cleared it all. I agree but all this things work hand in hand.Remember He Said thou shall not call this unclean.Can your lips speak without your tongue and the supernatural power ofGod?So why not say Paying Tithe (MAL 3,9-12) is in the old testament and Should be forgotten because Christ said it is finished.I have attended methodist,both old and new pentecostal churches and even there blble school.Yes they are powerful in the word of God,but little do you know that presently we have vibrant preachers in celestial church presently.Forget about the leaders,afterall i am not there to worship them but worship God and know Christ the more.Beloveth , cele is a sweet church to be i must confess especially if you have the holy spirit of God working in you.I am proud to be a celestian any time any day.Do you know that all the so called pastors reverends still come quietly to hear what God has in stock for them,and they see God at work but wouldnt thier members to enjoy such grace thereby spoiling the church.We all should continue in what we know how to do best until the bell rings.How many people that speak in tongues can translate what they speak in the book of (CORTH)says let there be ordeliness in the church,cover your head etc is it not written in thier bilble (pentecostal) or is it also in the old testament? so please let us be careful with what we write and say about others.Every man on earth has his own character and hobby ,you can be a shepherd , pastor deaconess etc and you character doesnt portray who you say you are and marry ten wives BUT untill you become a born again starting from your inner attitude that the other person next to you doesnt know about .The holy spirit will remind you not go into your vommit along side with the grace of God. I personally pray for celestian leaders and i know God will touch their heart and make Celestial ONE again. That cele doesnt pray in the name of jesus is a big lie,it is not true.Do you know that when i attended this pentecostal church my evangelism team were always wanting to listen to prophecies from mebecause i am gifted in prophecy and dreams and there will always be a confirmation to the dream or prophecy either from another fellow? The spirit of God is ONE every where. I pray we all meet good people at all times.Before aq prophecy comes God must have being speaking to you in one way or the other,the prophecy is only a confirmation of what the Lord has being saying. MAY GOD HELP CELESTIANS AND CHRISTIANS IN GENERAL. (AMEN)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (18) (Reply)

SCOAN Wiseman John Chi Is Dropped / Odù Ifá: Learn How To Interprete Ifa / The Book Of Enoch / Jesus Quoted It And So Did Apostles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 153
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.