Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,875 members, 7,817,576 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:45 PM

Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion (150214 Views)

Celestial Church Wins In Court, Deeper Life Church To Pay Them N5 Million / Church Of Satan Now Opened For All Willing To Join And May The Devil Give You Joy. / Whats So Bad About Celestial Church Of Christ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by doshbass(m): 6:21pm On Apr 06, 2006
What Do People Have Against Celestial Church

I used to go Cele from when i was born till when 1 was 24, then I left to go to a Pentecostal church. I know people have different issues and experiences. I know why I left Cele, I would never say it is not a Church and they don't worship Christ, they do, but maybe in this day and age they way they worship is not acceptable (does not go with what is currently happening).

There are also different denominations of church that are into bad practices (African JUJU and all sorts of nonsense), that give their other churches bad names, unfortunately that is common with Cele. One other thing about Cele is the Leadership, they are just like the Nigerian Government

What is your experience of Cele and what do you think of the Church?
Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by gigitte(f): 5:03am On Apr 07, 2006
question!
arent you afraid some katakata will bite your leg while you're walking on holy ground
do you also do barefoot in yankerz and europe? otutu nko?

2 Likes

Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by doshbass(m): 8:31am On Apr 07, 2006
people wear socks over here in the UK, and most churces are properly rugged and heated up
Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by gidig(m): 8:58am On Apr 07, 2006
Practically all members of my family at one time or the other were connected to 'cele'.In fact, one of my late in laws was very close to the founder and his deputy in Ketu. I never really attended like my siblings but the few times I did, even though i did not know Christ as i do now, I recognised that it was a mixture of Christianity with traditional african worship or bettrer put ,applying the christian faith in a traditional manner. It was always one 'Ise' (religious ritual) based o one vision of evil by one of their prophets or another. I was the first to rebel.My mom played along until they told her not to travel for my convocation ceremony for , according to their vision, she may not come back.She traveled and came back-of course she never came back to their church.She attends a methodist church now and she has learnt to pray for herself.

Now, only person in my family does and she is leaving the place. Her experience will bring tears to your eyes!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by kiwibabe(f): 10:35am On Apr 07, 2006
All that you are saying is very true, I used to attend Cele religiously, down in the UK, everything that was prophesised to me I would believe, until the day my mother died, she regularly traveled abroad, she went away for the weekend to Italy, and the day she returned from her travels, that night she died, you see before she had gone on her travels she went to the shepherd of our church and asked him to pray for her for safe return, if indeed he was such a powerful leader he would have forseen that my mother would pass away, (I mean she was in good health and was still very young). When it did happen instead of giving our family the(emotional) support of the church in the way that she buried etc, they disengaged themselves from us, all they did was gossip to others about our misfortune and make out that we were not as spiritual as others were, and then the female members (most of whom were my mothers good friends), could not wait to get their claws into my Dad.
They also prophesised to not to travel to nigeria which I followed religiously until my early 20's because I had the fear of what may happen to me, the day I eventually went without telling anybody, and returned safely.
I knew from this that there was something clearly wrong with the church.

Please, does anybody else have any bad experiences with Cele?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by doshbass(m): 10:37am On Apr 07, 2006
I bad experience with one Cele Church does not justify the whole of Cele

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by kiwibabe(f): 10:42am On Apr 07, 2006
Then what about the infedelity the leaders practice, it is one rule for them and another for everybody else.

2 Likes

Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by doshbass(m): 11:05am On Apr 07, 2006
I know of some Cele churches that does not let the infidelity of the Leadership get to them
Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by alheri(f): 11:07am On Apr 07, 2006
Na wa oh! shocked
Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by jagunlabi(m): 11:09am On Apr 07, 2006
The adaptation of european style christianity to the african culture is exactly why i love cele.With all it's excesses and dark sides,i don't think that i will ever worship in any other church as a permanent member.
Sad about the leadership problems,but please tell me which church as large as cele does not have dark sides.
BTW,their hymns are still the best anywhere in christiandom,bar none!

1 Like

Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by doshbass(m): 12:40pm On Apr 07, 2006
jagunlabi:

BTW,their hymns are still the best anywhere in christiandom,bar none!

I used to think that before I discovered that there are many hymns all over the world with similar melodies. Some churches had been using these melodies way before Cele was established

1 Like

Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by simmyz(f): 12:44pm On Apr 07, 2006
i used go cele since i was born but i have stopped going so much goes on in that church. it's not a good enivorment. everyone is in everyones private life. sleeping with each others wifes or husband. same with the shephard of the church. most of them are like this. eveyone wants to be better than everyone. so much more. my dad is the shepard of one church. that church is something else.
Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by doshbass(m): 2:00pm On Apr 07, 2006
simmyz:

it's not a good enivorment. everyone is in everyones private life. sleeping with each others wifes or husband.

I can say in Cele they proudly do all these act of adultery and fornication openly but other Churches are smarter about it (or should i say not open) We know of cases whereby pastors really really councell young girls (I dont have to get into details)
Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by simmyz(f): 2:48pm On Apr 07, 2006
@dohbass

in cele pastors help young girls. are u sure. they don't make situtations worse. form what i knw they do when people get them involved in the private life.
Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by jagunlabi(m): 3:04pm On Apr 07, 2006
simmyz:

i used go cele since i was born but i have stopped going so much goes on in that church. it's not a good enivorment. everyone is in everyones private life. sleeping with each others wifes or husband. same with the shephard of the church. most of them are like this. eveyone wants to be better than everyone. so much more. my dad is the shepard of one church. that church is something else.
These sorts of cases are not peculiar to cele alone.Other churches are guilty as well.But what i love about cele is that you have this flexibility of researching very thoroughly,the parish you want to settle in.Not all parishes are of the same level of immoral decadence.Some still manage to keep things relatively pure.

3 Likes

Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by simmyz(f): 3:14pm On Apr 07, 2006
i know not all cele churhes are bad but which ones are good. i only know of two. becasue for my bad ecperiences from that one i just can go to church.
Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by jagunlabi(m): 3:27pm On Apr 07, 2006
simmyz:

i know not all cele churhes are bad but which ones are good. i only know of two. becasue for my bad ecperiences from that one i just can go to church.
The main problem of cele remains the leadership.After the departure of Pastor Oschoffa,everything has gone down the drain within the church with all the political wranglings for power.Spirituallity has been given the backseat for way too long.
Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by tobicoker(m): 4:12pm On Apr 07, 2006
I was born and raised in a Cele-attending family and i attended until i was fourteen when i started to think and question some of the Church's practices , in line with scriptures of course. What eventually made my mind up for me was an experience i had just before my 15th birthday. I had gone for a meeting of prophets(Ipade Awon Wooli), a forum where both young, intending and old prophets meet to pray, 'go into the spirit' and prophesy. This fateful day, the Sheperd{olusho} had wrapped some stuffs in a white cloth and asked that someone should tell him what was wrapped in the cloth.

I knew that couldn't be right cos it was like he was testing God's spirit, but that wasn't what shocked me, it was when the established prophets in the house, who used to prophesy to everyone in church, started mentioning different things, Wow, i thot the spirit of God was one, shouldnt they be saying the same thing, i wondered? At the end, none of them got it right and i knew immediately that something wasn't right, that was when i left Cele, and thank God, almost ever member of my family has left Cele for good.

5 Likes

Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by Bisanke(f): 4:37pm On Apr 07, 2006
Wow. CCC is a loud church no lie. Cause i was also born into dat church and worshiped in there until 2004. Then we started goin 2 penticostal church 2 and oh yes Cele changed over da years and men, i got nothin good 2 say then it was jus like goin 2 a party every Sunday nothin more or less
Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by goodguy(m): 5:21pm On Apr 07, 2006
I attend CCC and I'm completely loving it.

@People, the fact that you had a bad experience at a particular parish does not mean you should label the church as a whole as 'bad'. These things happen everywhere, I just wonder why people usually make a fuss over cele in particular. Remember there are different kinds of humans in this world. Some will go at any length to prevent the work of God from manifesting (which is never possible). Personally, I am not moved in any way by what people say about Cele. I know that which is true, and I hold onto it.

Funny enough, so many pastors these days (as unbelievable as it may sound) have started testifying to the powers of God being manifested in Celestial Church of Christ.

[Ref: Hymn 176, first stanza, line 4] kiss

5 Likes

Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by goodguy(m): 5:53pm On Apr 07, 2006
kiwibabe:

Then what about the infedelity the leaders practice, it is one rule for them and another for everybody else.
simmyz:

The church you attend does not really determine your level of morales.  Please let's not be so quick to say stuffs about cele, as this happens everywhere.  It's a good thing you people made mention of the leaders.  Obviously, anyone can set up a church and claim God called him. 

doshbass:

I used to think that before I discovered that there are many hymns all over the world with similar melodies. Some churches had been using these melodies way before Cele was established
I hope you're not implying that our songs are copied from some old church.  All songs in our hymn books are spiritually given.  No one woke up one day to compose them.  Talking about the tune, obviously, that should not be an issue.  So many churches today sing songs of almost the same sounds.  I think what jagunlabi meant was the 'lyrics' of our songs.  You can never get them from anywhere else unless they copied it from us.

doshbass:

I can say in Cele they proudly do all these act of adultery and fornication openly
In some parishes, you mean?  Once again, this happens everywhere.

jagunlabi:

The main problem of cele remains the leadership.After the departure of Pastor Oschoffa,everything has gone down the drain within the church with all the political wranglings for power.Spirituallity has been given the backseat for way too long.
You're very right bro. After Papa's depature, remember he said many things will happen; this included.
Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by gbenga9ja(m): 7:27pm On Apr 07, 2006
I cannot believe that there is actually a discussion regarding Celestial Church Of Christ(CCC) ijo mimo ti kristi lati orun wa - meaning the church of Jesus Christ from Heaven,  well, i have a lot to say about this Church (Cele)

I and all of my siblings were born and named in CCC and my father happened to also be part of the Leaders of CCC, he became very rich while he was worshipping in Cele and he also became very poor when he realized that Cele wasn't a good church, he also had beefs with the leaders most especially the Late Pastor Bada and others regarding how they were handling the church, the leaders are corrupt and it is most especially filled with Adultery(Agbere) i think that is what they used to all it, well, he backed out of Cele and we started going to Zoe Ministries and things started falling apart seriously as if it was the Cele Leaders themselves that were dealing with him and causing all the problems, he had a Travel Agency bck then in Ikeja (Transmission Travel Agency), he had a bread factory(Long life special bread), he had a bed and foam factory, he had a Candle Factory(Transmission Candles), he had that mainly because Cele uses Candles in everything they do, he had a soap factory, he had a Saw-mill, believe me, when we left Cele, everything was no more, i really don't know what happened because i was still a kid then but i remember very clearly that we were not able to pay our school fees regularly anymore and we always got droven home for that.

We were living in Alimosho in Iyana Ipaja bck then, he had four houses over there, we live in one and three others were let out to people for renting, as i am typing right now, all of this things mentioned above are no more, they don't exist anymore, as in, he isn't the owner anymore, he got them all sold out for whatever reason and he doesn't av a dime to show that he actually sold his companies, houses, cars, he even had a parish he built personally in Abule- Egba, Oluwa Olubukun Transmission Parish when we left Jerusalem parish at shasha in Dopemu. Up till today, i do not know what happened to that property.

Well, i personally never liked Cele, this son of Olusho only gets to church on Sundays and goes to the Ile Abo to sleep till the service is over, i most especially do not like the idea of walking bare-footed, i always get scolded or beaten for wearing slippers into the Church premises back then, the only thing i liked was the ikore omode which i always participate in by reading the ori ikeje, ese ketala bere lati ,  and preaching the sermon and i love the ikore Agba because i get to eat a lot and this omo olusho always gets lts of money from the Agba's of CCC.

I think everything about Cele is evil, every damn thing, they worship the devil and he makes you rich, when you decide to back out, he deals with you but God always takes control, if it wasn't for God, my old man would have died long ago of probably Hypertension and other ailment because it isn't easy to loss everything you ever worked for in your life and from something you become nothing.

I do not ever pray to step into Cele again, infact, i feel it is very local people that still goes to Cele. They are not serving the real God that we serve in the Pentecoastal Church, We are going to Redeemed Christian Church Of God now(RCCG) and i really do like it there because we serve the true living God, we don't bow many times, and say halleluyah to the four corners of the world or go to the ile anu to pray and use the well water to bathe, i'll still say some more things about Cele later anymore because what i av to say is much, besides, the final thing to say right now is that all of those my father's tight friends back then, they are nowhere to be found now because they realized it is no longer sweet, abi

If Cele was a good church, they won't be losing all their leaders, Bada, Ajalekoko etc. God rest their Souls.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by gigitte(f): 8:00pm On Apr 07, 2006
at kiwibabe, im sorry for your loss oh, ndo

at others, thanks for this thread, it is very helpful and informative, what i gather from this thread is that fornication, adultery or passing around wives and husbands amongst leaders seems to be the norm, or if not the norm, acceptable? can someone expantiate on this?

furthermore, it was also mentioned, that such happens everywhere, very true! but usually it is very very underg and its not rampant or an open secret as is being suggested of the CCC on this thread

what is hoped to be gained from such sexual practices?

someone who worked for my father used to do the cele thing, i will type what he said soon, i have class
Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by Sexyangel: 8:38pm On Apr 07, 2006
Cele Cele Cele Ijo mimi to kristi lati orun wa. I was born in cele. There are so many reason i don't like the church. As for me, i did not learn anything in dat church for real. when i go to church on sunday, the only thing i do is to dance when it comes to their praise and worship. Cele has alot of bad reputation. Cele is just like going to school without learning anything. For me, I did not learn anything. The so called leaders fight, argue about silly stuff. Pls that is so childish. God should forgive me, They way they collect contribution in dat church is too much. Money for dis, money for dis. That scared people from coming to church at times. There should be a limit for all dis thing. Is being a long time i went to dat church. I was born in cele but right now i go to a different church. As for me i love to go to church that the word of God can dwell in my mind.
Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by doshbass(m): 9:07pm On Apr 07, 2006
We know of cases whereby pastors really really councell young girls (I don't have to get into details)
what i meant her was other denominational pastors apart from cele also do the same

@goodguy I specifically said the melodies not the Lyrics.
Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by goodguy(m): 9:28pm On Apr 07, 2006
It's very very funny how it is the ex-members that are even saying stuffs about cele.

gbenga_9ja:

I think everything about Cele is evil, every damn thing, they worship the devil and he makes you rich
This part actually made me laugh grin.  It's a good thing you 'think' we're evil.  Anyway, God knows best. cool

At the end, we will all know who truely serves the living God.

P.S. I urge you all to watch what you say about the Celestial Church of Christ, so as not to incure God's wrath upon yourselves.  He who has ears, let him hear.
Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by Dauda(m): 11:29pm On Apr 07, 2006
Somebody once told me that Cele church members do not wear shoes because the founder Pa Oschoffa had elephantiasis and he could therefore not wear shoes. He therefore decreed that his church members should not wear shoes to church too. I have seen the dude before and his feet is really humongous. My cousins used go to the church and I dare say all the visions and other super spiritual things they did in the church led to the untimely death of my auntie. God bless her soul. My auntie's husband on the other had his own finance house in the boom days for finance houses. He is totally broke now. I cannot conclude that his leaving the church caused all his miseries, but people say it all the time and I'm starting to believe it.

On a lighter note though, I walked into my cousins house one time and they had dried maize(corn) all over the floor. I got curious and I asked them why they had it like that. They told me their dad brought it from their Cele church and they were promised in church that they will not be attacked by armed robbers. 4 days later while everybody was up and about, they were robbed and nothing was left in the house, even dirty laundry and the pot of egusi soup was stolen.

5 Likes

Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by GentleSoul2: 12:49am On Apr 08, 2006
Worshipped at Apete parish of CCC in Ibadan between October and December 1993 (some 13 years ago) and during the entire period no one prayed in the name of Jesus Christ. I really don't have much complaints about CCC but would love to know why angels like Gabriel, Michael, Raphael et al are revered more than Christ Jesus!

5 Likes

Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by 4real(m): 2:29am On Apr 08, 2006
well everyone has there reason for leaving cele i was born there and men as at when i left, i did cause they spend the whole day in church and men do i stave, but after i left i had good reasons not to return, number one the word of God is not preached, never in all my life have i gone to a cele church to come out and say my soul has been refreshed never, the prophets are all bunch of liars, i remember when things where so bad for us at home that my mum had to travel to London to make a living for us, my mum was told not to travel or she would die, well my mum has been to London like 5 times since than and well she is still alive ad kicking after that my mum left Cele, there was also a time i was looking for a large amount of money a friend of mine who had been telling to go back to Cele deceived to help me get who did it and was told that one of our best friends did it, he also found it hard to believe so we just kept it to our selfs only for me to find it like 4 days later where i kept it, my mums twin sister marriage broke up cause someone said she was a witch and he was later given a wife by the church, the one that pain me pass was when one guy said that i would not marry my wife, ah that one God save the guy cause if i was around he would have been the one not to marry, and Cele is very jujuist (fetish) i mean coconut, candle and all the rest of the shit for what, if the word of God can't do it i don't want it, the only problem i have with Cele now is dis, my wife still wants to go there, my mum is concerned about it, cause she knew what she went through, i love my wife and only hope that she would come to see the light and see what Cele is all about, it is really affecting my life with her, it's one topic when have kept aside but it's one topic that can tear us apart, i really love her but am i can't stand the Cele thing am scared one day she goods to the church and they do one of this there juju thing and she brings home a demon not knowing, i love my wife so much but can't stand her going to Cele

2 Likes

Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by Ndipe(m): 2:39am On Apr 08, 2006
Any Church that practises burnt sacrifice should be avoided at all cost. Remember, Jesus Christ was the Only Supreme Sacrifice needed to atone for our sins. With this Truth, I stay away from any organization that tells their members to bring animals like chicken to appease whatever force that they think is working against an individual. Put your Trust in the Blood of Jesus Christ. Celestial, unfortunately, from what I heard about them espouse animal sacrifice which goes contrary to the Word of God in the New Testament.

2 Likes

Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by gidig(m): 1:35pm On Apr 08, 2006
Forgot to add that my elder sister's marriage to her husband was dissolved on the basis of one prophecy whish said that she was the reason why her husband was not making it in life.It took her departure and his marrying another wife that the prophecy should have been hard work and the grace of God!

As for their leaders, there are very few who do not have more than one wife.very few!!
A few months after I began atteding a pentecostal church, I knew more about the bible than my sisiter who have quite a few titles.
Re: Celestial Church of Christ: Your Experience And Opinion by otokx(m): 2:35pm On Apr 08, 2006
i have no opinion.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

SCOAN Wiseman John Chi Is Dropped / Odù Ifá: Learn How To Interprete Ifa / The Book Of Enoch / Jesus Quoted It And So Did Apostles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.