Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,531 members, 7,819,912 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:25 AM

NUPENG Begins Strike Today - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NUPENG Begins Strike Today (9326 Views)

Unpaid Salaries: Imo Workers Begin Indefinite Strike Today / Oil Marketers, Nupeng, Pengassan Call Off Strike / PENGASSAN, NUPENG Begin Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

NUPENG Begins Strike Today by wurajone(f): 11:53am On Jul 26, 2012
The Nigeria Union of Petroleum and Natural Gas Workers (NUPENG) has threatened to embark on an indefinite strike over the failure of the federal government to pay subsidy for imported petroleum products and the poor state of the country’ refineries among other issues.

The group disclosed this at a media briefing addressed by its national president, Achese Igwe, in Lagos.

Meanwhile, the NUPENG president said the union will begin its planned strike today in sympathy with their members sacked on Wednesday by the MRS Oil and Gas Plc.

Mr Igwe said the strike will continue until the MRS management reinstates the sacked drivers.

He said: “Despite the promises and understanding reached between the union and the management of MRS, the company still went ahead to sack our members, about 2,500 tanker drivers.

“The action of the company is not acceptable to us as a union.”

He said the strike would be restricted to the Lagos zone, which includes Lagos, Ogun, Ekiti, Oyo, Osun and Kwara States.

Other parts of the country depend on this area for supply of fuel; therefore, it would be more like a national strike.

Mr Achese said that other parts of the country might join the strike in sympathy and solidarity.

http://www.channelstv.com/home/2012/07/26/nupeng-begins-strike-today/
Re: NUPENG Begins Strike Today by ifihearam: 1:41pm On Jul 26, 2012
Ok
Re: NUPENG Begins Strike Today by victor2020(m): 1:45pm On Jul 26, 2012
when will all this end....

1 Like

Re: NUPENG Begins Strike Today by gegee(m): 1:45pm On Jul 26, 2012
we don hear
Re: NUPENG Begins Strike Today by Nobody: 1:49pm On Jul 26, 2012
lazy pipo.. angry
Re: NUPENG Begins Strike Today by Nobody: 1:49pm On Jul 26, 2012
Ok! Una don try. Let the strike game begin!!
Re: NUPENG Begins Strike Today by GeorgeD1(m): 1:50pm On Jul 26, 2012
sorry, warri refinery does not depend on lagos.

rather, the whole of south-south now depends on warri with both ph
refineries out of operation. just thought i should let you in
on this.
Re: NUPENG Begins Strike Today by Icon4s(m): 1:51pm On Jul 26, 2012
Thank God Edo is nt in dat zone. We get supplies also frm Sapele & Warri.
Re: NUPENG Begins Strike Today by chucky234(m): 1:52pm On Jul 26, 2012
I can see another season of long queue at filling stations, have to start storing PMS in my garden...
Re: NUPENG Begins Strike Today by Kessyy2k4(m): 2:00pm On Jul 26, 2012
Sick county wit a stray leader
Re: NUPENG Begins Strike Today by Chynx(m): 2:02pm On Jul 26, 2012
George_D: sorry, warri refinery does not depend on lagos.

on this.
"Mr Achese said that other parts of the country might join the strike in sympathy and solidarity."

Roger dat?
Re: NUPENG Begins Strike Today by Acelifted: 2:03pm On Jul 26, 2012
Nonsense! going on strike because the owner of the business says he is no longer interested in your services. THIS IS ABUSE OF STRIKE!
Re: NUPENG Begins Strike Today by Chynx(m): 2:04pm On Jul 26, 2012
Icon4s: Thank God Edo is nt in dat zone. We get supplies also frm Sapele & Warri.
"Mr Achese said that other parts of the country might join the strike in sympathy and solidarity."

Bros, we are all in this shit!
Re: NUPENG Begins Strike Today by Nobody: 2:05pm On Jul 26, 2012
ifihearam: Ok

shocked shocked shocked

Is that all you have to say ? Fresh Air indeed.
Re: NUPENG Begins Strike Today by sylve11: 2:06pm On Jul 26, 2012
George_D: sorry, warri refinery does not depend on lagos.

on this.

Thank you! cool
Re: NUPENG Begins Strike Today by Nkemtreasure: 2:09pm On Jul 26, 2012
shocked :oStrike? 4 what? How does subsidy concern NUPENG. Abi them follow get share? Some one should tell me the truth. How can Govt pay for unverified claim. Again I ask, How does SUBSIDY MONEY affect NUPENG?
Re: NUPENG Begins Strike Today by Sike(m): 2:12pm On Jul 26, 2012
Let's go there!!
Re: NUPENG Begins Strike Today by Nobody: 2:12pm On Jul 26, 2012
Acelifted: Nonsense! going on strike because the owner of the business says he is no longer interested in your services. THIS IS ABUSE OF STRIKE!
seconded! Gbam! Period
Re: NUPENG Begins Strike Today by tonmandy(m): 2:15pm On Jul 26, 2012
[quote author=ifihearam]Okmeaning wat
Re: NUPENG Begins Strike Today by stanley095(m): 2:19pm On Jul 26, 2012
Men na where we dey go with all there wahala way full nija. Me i don tire o. E be like say na to run comot beter pas o.
Re: NUPENG Begins Strike Today by jamace(m): 2:21pm On Jul 26, 2012
Nkemtreasure: shocked shocked Strike? 4 what? How does subsidy concern NUPENG. Abi them follow get share? Some one should tell me the truth. How can Govt pay for unverified claim. Again I ask, How does SUBSIDY MONEY affect NUPENG?

Somebody should please answer this. I want to learn.
Re: NUPENG Begins Strike Today by buJu234: 2:39pm On Jul 26, 2012
wenti concern Nigerians & the MRS sack?

did banks go on strike when Main street sack over 500 people...

i think if i am the president. its jst to issue new permit for new people that what to do this
tanker business and revoke the ones of these existing lazy people; who always
team up with Petrol station owners.

because when they go on strike; the petrol station owners start to horde petrol; while increasing the cost across the nation...
Re: NUPENG Begins Strike Today by GeeCee(m): 2:42pm On Jul 26, 2012
Cos 1 coy said it does not need its staff again, the whole populace must suffer for it? Which kind thinking is this one?
Was NUPENG there when this people were being employed? Was it not after their employment that they become member of NUPENG?
Re: NUPENG Begins Strike Today by uhuns: 2:45pm On Jul 26, 2012
because a driver is sacked then the county has to pay for this.

even a mafia town has her rules and codes .

nija we hail you o
Re: NUPENG Begins Strike Today by najoke: 2:55pm On Jul 26, 2012
ifihearam: Ok

You forgot to add FRESH AIR grin
Re: NUPENG Begins Strike Today by raystanley(m): 4:55pm On Jul 26, 2012
Nkemtreasure: shocked :oStrike? 4 what? How does subsidy concern NUPENG. Abi them follow get share? Some one should tell me the truth. How can Govt pay for unverified claim. Again I ask, How does SUBSIDY MONEY affect NUPENG?
DUMB A.S.S YOU WILL ANSWER IT UR SELF. WHAT IS THE FULL MEANING OF NUPENG ( petroleum wokers) THEN THE PETROLEUM MARKETER/ IMPORTERS ARE UNDER NUPENG !!! SO WHY ASKING SILLY QUESTION?
Re: NUPENG Begins Strike Today by daviesmania(m): 5:16pm On Jul 26, 2012
4uck NUPENG i hate them with passion, i will neva forget what they did to us @ septa energy
Re: NUPENG Begins Strike Today by duality(m): 5:23pm On Jul 26, 2012
Kessyy2k4: Sick county wit a sick headed Kessy2k4 posting trash on NL

better put.
Re: NUPENG Begins Strike Today by floridam(m): 5:29pm On Jul 26, 2012
For this one wey month never end so?
Puff puff go turn to burns ooo.
Re: NUPENG Begins Strike Today by tulk2mi: 5:51pm On Jul 26, 2012
is it me or my imagination, anytime we hear rumour abt prosecution of fuel subsidy indictees, some union or associates of the oil sectors threatens strike over frivoluos issues. is this a salient message to Mr. President to do smthing otherwise #JustAsking, just like the House of Reps members threaten impeachment over Budget implementation when the apparent main issue is delay in release of funds for constituency project undecided undecided
Re: NUPENG Begins Strike Today by 912(m): 5:54pm On Jul 26, 2012
buJu-234:
wenti concern Nigerians & the MRS sack?

did banks go on strike when Main street sack over 500 people...

Bros Banks don't have unions so they can't go on strike.

buJu-234:
i think if i am the president. its jst to issue new permit for new people that what to do this
tanker business and revoke the ones of these existing lazy people; who always
team up with Petrol station owners.
Like seriously? undecided ...........Bros this your solution is a problem in itself. I'm more pissed off at the tanker drivers for their childish habit of striking for any possible reason. However, what you are proposing is the same thing that Lagos state government did to it's doctors. Am sure you know how that played out.
Re: NUPENG Begins Strike Today by Pukkah: 5:58pm On Jul 26, 2012
9-11:

Bros Banks don't have unions so they can't go on strike.

Like seriously undecided ...........Bros this your solution is a problem in itself? I'm more pissed off at the tanker drivers for their childish habit of striking for any possible reason. However, what you are proposing is the same thing that Lagos state government did to it's doctors. Am sure you know how that played out.

Banks do have unions - ASSBIFIE and NUBIFIE.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Atiku Fears Arrest In The US. Returns To Nigeria - PM News / Kano: Tribunal Asks INEC To Grant PDP Access To Voting Materials / 1.6 Million Poor Households Paid N10,000 Stipend Bimonthly – FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.