Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,748 members, 7,809,865 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:15 PM

How Much Should A Man Earn To Sustain A Marriage? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Much Should A Man Earn To Sustain A Marriage? (10735 Views)

Other Ways To Sustain A Beautiful Relationship(marraiges) Apart From Shagging / The Little Things That Determine The Success Of A Marriage. / Top 10 Tips To Sustain Your Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Should A Man Earn To Sustain A Marriage? by Shagari2(m): 12:42am On Dec 13, 2007
RichyBlacK:

If she can cook: about $80,000 per month (without any kid); $100,000 per month (with no more than two kids).

If she can't cook: about $110,000 per month (without any kid); $150,000 per month (with no more than two kids).

These estimates are for the Lagos metropolis.

Hehe grin grin True that!
Re: How Much Should A Man Earn To Sustain A Marriage? by cuteNhot(f): 12:55am On Dec 13, 2007
Soooooo is rent included in that figure?
or would the guy have to own his home? like me grin
Re: How Much Should A Man Earn To Sustain A Marriage? by dollyp1cute(f): 2:24am On Dec 13, 2007
It depends on you and the girl you marry.

If you are IBB's son and you marry Nafisa Yaradua then you prolly need N1.2m a month

If you are baba ajasco's son and you marry Sikira omo oni iresi you can survive on N12k a month.

grin grin grin
Re: How Much Should A Man Earn To Sustain A Marriage? by pmdaboh(f): 2:28am On Dec 13, 2007
@Poster

Even if a man is not where he wants to be at the present time, if he is working consistently and has great potential, that is enough, for some women to give him a chance.  Women need security.  They need to know that the man that they are considering as a potential husband has the ability to provide for his family.  He may not be where she wants him to be, but he at least should be working and striving to achieve more for himself and his potential family to be. 

A woman that asks a man's financial status in the first minutes of conversation is making it plain that unless he is loaded, he will not do, for that is what is most important to her.  To me, it is inappropriate to ask such a personal question if you do not know the man well enough or have a valid reason for knowing his personal information.
Re: How Much Should A Man Earn To Sustain A Marriage? by Nobody: 4:18am On Dec 13, 2007
The man should be empoloyed and hustling.
That is the mark of a real man. grin
Igbo girls love working men lipsrsealed
Re: How Much Should A Man Earn To Sustain A Marriage? by Nobody: 4:18am On Dec 13, 2007
The man should be employed and hustling.
That is the mark of a real man. grin
Igbo  All girls love working men lipsrsealed
Re: How Much Should A Man Earn To Sustain A Marriage? by MP007(m): 4:38am On Dec 13, 2007
more than, the same as ,but not less than 90% of his wifes income.
Re: How Much Should A Man Earn To Sustain A Marriage? by tessy24(f): 8:28am On Dec 13, 2007
To sustain a marriage is love,even if a man earns a millions dollars if u can't handle a home den u can't or if he earns a thousand and d wife 2 thousands,once d love is there,u bound my dear.Well thats my opinion,cos when i cos d topic "How Much Should A Man Earn To Sustain A Marriage"my mum saw it and said without love marriage cant b sustained.
Re: How Much Should A Man Earn To Sustain A Marriage? by onyekang1(f): 9:31am On Dec 13, 2007
tessy24:

without love marriage can't b sustained.
WORD
Re: How Much Should A Man Earn To Sustain A Marriage? by TolaR(f): 9:44am On Dec 13, 2007
It's not the amount, but how responsible he is with the money that matters.
By putting his wife and children ahead of everybody else, and I mean everybody.
Re: How Much Should A Man Earn To Sustain A Marriage? by tkb417(m): 10:07am On Dec 13, 2007
money+love makes the world tick.

you need a comfortable crib with all the stuffs-
you need a good car
you need to be earning at least 300k per month to be comfortable or else na die!!!

your wife can be earning like a 100k making it 400 per month for the whole family. you guys wont spend more than 200, the remaining 200 should be divided into 2. half goes into the bank, while the other half goes to equity-this is to guarantee your children a place in the ivy-league schools.

the investment part of your savings will cater for the anticipated increase in future consumption when the children will start rolling in.

just my own view o, and this is copyrighted. you wanna use this template, buzz me for a fee grin grin grin

NB: pay ur tithe too, i forgot that part cool cool
Re: How Much Should A Man Earn To Sustain A Marriage? by koko777(m): 10:22am On Dec 13, 2007
It is relative. Totally depend on the life style, focus, taste and choice of every individual but relatively 1m per annum in lagos.
Re: How Much Should A Man Earn To Sustain A Marriage? by focused(m): 10:49am On Dec 13, 2007
i agree, money shouldnt be the first thing. but remmember ladies wil be ladies, asking don't mean she is a gold digger, there has to be money to secure your home,

Yes, there is nothing wrong in asking, but some girls do ask in order to say either yes to you or know. In order to know this :

IF A GIRL INSIST FIRST THAT SHE HAS TO KNOW HOW YOU EARN, WHICH TYPE OF CAR YOU DRIVE, WHETHER YOU HAVE A HOUSE OR NOT BEFORE SHE CAN TELL YOU ANYTHING ABOUT HER IS THE FIRST SYMPTOM.

May God help us.
Re: How Much Should A Man Earn To Sustain A Marriage? by itakiri(f): 11:15am On Dec 13, 2007
Well,Engr Kelvin u wouldn't blam us the females cos nobodi wan soak gari 4 him husband house.Also, it depends on the type of girls u've meant,ther r stil beta girls like me(she laughs),i dont really look at already made i dont know wher the moni is 4rm whether its blood moni,mak i no b the next ritual victim, at least i need a guy dt is tryin and i know we can mak our bright future 2gether. And so shal it be.Amen.
Re: How Much Should A Man Earn To Sustain A Marriage? by sukieboy(f): 11:43am On Dec 13, 2007
@Poster,

This is a very nice thread. Look I would say it depends on the guy invovled and a bit of lock in meeting the right girl for him. I have a colleague in the office who earns about 5times less than what I do but the rate at which the guy buys shares and goes on with his wedding plans surprises me alot. Agian I think ones taste also matters. If you like nice and well educated and sound girls then u certainly have to get ready pay wise, that too does not mean that you can't get good and nice bueatiful girls even when u r poor.

Another of my guys in the office who earn like me are already married and are doing well. But if you ask me, I wouldn't be attracted to those ladies they married you know cos my taste is diferent.

Three of my bosses earn btw 180 - 300k, with the least of them driving a Toyota Camry 2.6 series. the othe has a BMW 3.5 2001 version and the biggest of them just got a Toyota Yaris. All still single WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Taste.

Thay are all having problems with choosing a wife cos, the girls are all falling over them WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cos they ahve what we call in our office FACILITY for LOVE. cheesycheesycheesycheesycheesy

My dear broda, watch well and get a nice one now that u r still low ok?

Take care jooo
Re: How Much Should A Man Earn To Sustain A Marriage? by tiwantiwa: 11:52am On Dec 13, 2007
i am a married man and happily at that . i work in a good place so also is my wife . i dont blame a lady asking for that . she has a choice to marry the best person and for a good lady that knows that only death can seperate one in marriage , they had better shine their eyes !!or is it shone dem eyes ,

Relatively , men need to work to keep good women and anything between 100k and above monthly , with good prospect and ability to continue learning should be a target for any woman , ladies dont marry lazy men , look , scrutinize them , especially the sugar tongued ones , but be careful , dont look at the sustainability from dat angle alone , there are lot of devil with enough cash to throw around ,

dat said there are really solid men in this naija , looking for good woman , the missing link is this , PRAYER and being yourself ,

Good bless
Re: How Much Should A Man Earn To Sustain A Marriage? by sukieboy(f): 11:54am On Dec 13, 2007
O bOY you NEED FACILITY  FOR LOVE simple.
what are the facilities for love?
1. A beautiful car.
2. a well toshed flat.
3. a well designers stocked wardrobe.
4. A DSTV premium with 2yrs subcription for her unlimited Entertainment.
5. A monthly allowance of 80k

Then  you are on your way to having a beautiful Lagos girl for a Contract Marriage. Terms and conditions fully applied[/size][size=8pt]
Re: How Much Should A Man Earn To Sustain A Marriage? by jkpretty(f): 12:16pm On Dec 13, 2007
Look as far as i'm concerned this topic brings in different sub-topics.

i personally believe that being rich is a mentality & planning in one's life should be utmost!. There is no amount of salary u collect, if u've not got what is binding enough to sustain ur marriage it will still collapse. If not, why is it dat some people u know that have enough money or u know their income is awesomely large still have finance problems or other problems at that. Even if u earn 500k per month, once u don't have the other things that makes a marriage tick, it will still head for the rocks. Why are we children of nowadays so money conscious. We know very well that our parents of then barely had enough funds yet managed resources together & sent us to school, even to their own detriment, yet they are content & happy.

I personally believe that no matter where u are, u are always in a position of envy to another person. Some people earn very low income yet u wonder how they managed resources to purchase somethings. (PLANNING & A GOOD WIFE)

I think the question here is greed. Even if we start earning that money we are aspiring to get, our taste moves up. we hear "i need to get that house in V.G.C" why? will u die if u don't have the house? i think being content is another solid factor.

Pardon me to say to the guys that some of u want to impress the ladies u intend marrying or u hope to meet that's why u are hoping to get to a particular class. What ever happened to those ladies u met while at school ready to be there for u thru thick & thin. Moreover when the money comes don't some of u later feel the girl u once had no more fits in? Dat's why we see lots of "made guys" still looking for a wiffy

@ TOPIC: Its not how much, its LOVE, GOOD PLANNING & GOOD WIFE.
Re: How Much Should A Man Earn To Sustain A Marriage? by Gettolove(m): 12:45pm On Dec 13, 2007
Marriage is a problem, what the man needs to do is to try and manage it. I do not think the digit behind your salary is the solution to the problem because the size of your head will determine how may yards of clothe you will need to make a cap.

be wIsE
Re: How Much Should A Man Earn To Sustain A Marriage? by oziomatv(m): 12:56pm On Dec 13, 2007
my dear poster
   Apart from women demanding, you yourself have to make your life comfortable it's not only to influence women but for your own selfty. some men hustle to intice themself. don't be afraid put more effort in what you're doing and stay away from  ladies gardering.
money is made to keep man secured from poverty treaten. Don't put it in mind that you're doing it for a woman but for your confortability. women are inteligient in their own way they don't want to under go a certain financial imbarassment that's why they ask so many questions, but that's not withstanding.
   hustle fine get yourself financial comfortability them you have the woman of your choice.
 wealth is what it takes to be a man.
Re: How Much Should A Man Earn To Sustain A Marriage? by Blackcat(f): 12:59pm On Dec 13, 2007
This topic is the bomb.

Engr K how you and Lola take end

I have a friend who is married but has no job, is there anyone here that can help him out He holds a B.sc in Economics, lives in Abuja and graduated since 1999 but still has not been able to get a job.
Re: How Much Should A Man Earn To Sustain A Marriage? by emonkey(m): 1:35pm On Dec 13, 2007
Married without job ? - You will become houseboy. No sex wallahi . Others men will help you do this for your wife.
Married without GOOD job ? - You will become driver . Sex once a year .
Married with GOOD job ? - You will become the horse. You must work harder to make more money to pay for what is expected of you. Sex ? Where will you find energy ? You will die of heart attack if you attempt it.

Return to your question "How Much Should A Man Earn To Sustain A Marriage?"
Never enough money I'm afraid. If that is even in consideration , better not get into it at all. else you will be miserable all your life. Otherwise find a loving, caring , level-headed woman who will marry you for what you are (whatever that is). There are several places to find such a woman , but the only one I know is outer space.

My advice young man is to buy a lot of condoms and enjoy your life and whatever money you have in your pocket.
Re: How Much Should A Man Earn To Sustain A Marriage? by jaybee3(m): 1:45pm On Dec 13, 2007
well thought off and spat out e-monkey. def second
Re: How Much Should A Man Earn To Sustain A Marriage? by oyinyechi(f): 1:58pm On Dec 13, 2007
@ jkpretty
I agree with u"Its not how much, its LOVE, GOOD PLANNING & GOOD WIFE"
Re: How Much Should A Man Earn To Sustain A Marriage? by Blackcat(f): 1:59pm On Dec 13, 2007
e-monkey:

Married without job ? - You will become houseboy. No sex wallahi . Others men will help you do this for your wife.
Married without GOOD job ? - You will become driver . Sex once a year .
Married with GOOD job ? - You will become the horse. You must work harder to make more money to pay for what is expected of you. Sex ? You will die of heart attack if you attempt it.

Return to your question "How Much Should A Man Earn To Sustain A Marriage?"
If that is even in consideration , better not get into it at all. else you will be miserable all your life. Otherwise find a loving, caring , level-headed woman who will marry you for what you are (whatever that is). There are several places to find such a woman , but the only one I know is outer space.

My advice young man is to buy a lot of condoms and enjoy your life and whatever money you have in your pocket.

Na wao, de guy need help not tongue lashing. He is already married, abi you want make im leave the wife. If you no fit help leave am alone I beg, people wey go help go soon show up.
Re: How Much Should A Man Earn To Sustain A Marriage? by frankiriri(m): 4:35pm On Dec 13, 2007
No food for lazy man and so no wife for lazy man. grin It is important for a man to have a means of livelihood before thinking of getting married. I dont think there is any fixed amount a man requires to get married. Every thing would depend on the individuals concerned. Their backgroud, education and experiences would count.
Re: How Much Should A Man Earn To Sustain A Marriage? by ssRhino: 4:42pm On Dec 13, 2007
i think this kinda stuff is relative to few things, to mention but few
1. location
2. lifestyle
3. how many people in the family
4. healh of the family member
However, it is the duty of the man and da woman to do decide how their expenses are and how they can meet them and still make sure they have some savings.
Re: How Much Should A Man Earn To Sustain A Marriage? by labiyemmy(m): 4:44pm On Dec 13, 2007
is money the thing that sustains marriage?
Re: How Much Should A Man Earn To Sustain A Marriage? by Blackcat(f): 4:44pm On Dec 13, 2007
frankiriri:

No food for lazy man and so no wife for lazy man. grin It is important for a man to have a means of livelihood before thinking of getting married. I don't think there is any fixed amount a man requires to get married. Every thing would depend on the individuals concerned. Their backgroud, education and experiences would count.

You are right and it got me thinking why am I the one here looking for help instead of him? And then another thought crossed my mine because I'm his friend and God doesn't come down to help people he uses others to help the less aggressive grin
Re: How Much Should A Man Earn To Sustain A Marriage? by Cotton(m): 4:49pm On Dec 13, 2007
e-monkey

Straight to the point wink
Re: How Much Should A Man Earn To Sustain A Marriage? by Lola4eva(f): 4:59pm On Dec 13, 2007
@blackcat-engr kelvin and i have ended it on nairaland, the same way it started smiley
Re: How Much Should A Man Earn To Sustain A Marriage? by Leks(m): 5:12pm On Dec 13, 2007
Many of us r culprits.As we analyse and criticise let's also search ourselves.I believe 80% of girls contributing to this message are not innocent.The issue of materialism has been on the high rise these days.It's so much in our subconsciousness that u can be guilty and not know it.So watch out for urself;u could be worse than those we are criticizing.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Women Of This Generation Are Not Submissive By Tosin Martins / Love Or Trust: What Should Come First In A Relationship? / Please help save my mom's life (graphic photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.