Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,017 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:46 AM

How Much Should A Man Earn To Sustain A Marriage? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Much Should A Man Earn To Sustain A Marriage? (10744 Views)

Other Ways To Sustain A Beautiful Relationship(marraiges) Apart From Shagging / The Little Things That Determine The Success Of A Marriage. / Top 10 Tips To Sustain Your Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Should A Man Earn To Sustain A Marriage? by Blackcat(f): 5:13pm On Dec 13, 2007
Lola4eva:

@blackcat-engr kelvin and i have ended it on nairaland, the same way it started smiley

smiley wink
Re: How Much Should A Man Earn To Sustain A Marriage? by Blackcat(f): 5:14pm On Dec 13, 2007
Leks:

Many of us r culprits.As we analyse and criticise let's also search ourselves.I believe 80% of girls contributing to this message are not innocent.The issue of materialism has been on the high rise these days.It's so much in our subconsciousness that u can be guilty and not know it.So watch out for yourself;u could be worse than those we are criticizing.

WORD
Re: How Much Should A Man Earn To Sustain A Marriage? by eruobodo: 5:32pm On Dec 13, 2007
This thread reminds me of my run away "girl friend" that suggested I should begin to earn 400K monthly before she can start to think wedding , I guffawed and told her she should prepare to be the third wife! In muy thinking very few young chaps earn that little in Nigeria for a start at life. lol!
Re: How Much Should A Man Earn To Sustain A Marriage? by biolabee(m): 6:14pm On Dec 13, 2007
e-monkey nice post!
Re: How Much Should A Man Earn To Sustain A Marriage? by Nobody: 8:56pm On Dec 13, 2007
Leks:

Many of us r culprits.As we analyse and criticise let's also search ourselves.I believe 80% of girls contributing to this message are not innocent.The issue of materialism has been on the high rise these days.It's so much in our subconsciousness that u can be guilty and not know it.So watch out for yourself;u could be worse than those we are criticizing.

please don't blame us.
love cannot turn into jellof rice grin
me, I don't want to starve.
Re: How Much Should A Man Earn To Sustain A Marriage? by Ralvy(m): 9:06pm On Dec 13, 2007
Me I go yarn. . . .

To take good care of my family.
I should earn a minimum of $2,000.00 Monthly!
A good job can gimme that or other major means of income
Re: How Much Should A Man Earn To Sustain A Marriage? by emonkey(m): 10:33pm On Dec 13, 2007
It behooves me (makes me feel like a goat/malu) why men marry at all. Surely it is the most unprofitable venture in the world. Absolutely nothing to gain in it except more problems.
I think men are the weaker vessels . No common sense at all. (at least women know what they want from it all)
Goat to the slaughter. Suya meat for marriage then slave all your life to make it work.
Next time I come back as a woman - fine woman with big breasts and backside - and all my problems will be solved for life. I swear.
Re: How Much Should A Man Earn To Sustain A Marriage? by tommyex(m): 11:04pm On Dec 13, 2007
Nice thread
Its jus that u may not get a sincere response from people concerning this topic

emonkey u have lost it grin grin
Re: How Much Should A Man Earn To Sustain A Marriage? by visitor29: 11:24pm On Dec 13, 2007
am a guy and i have being studing women for a long while and d question is WAT DO WOMEN REALLY WANT.but my fellow bros,its in d bible dat a man must provide 4 d woman ooh and theres a passage dat a girl quoted for me dat somehow means, woe to a man who cant provide 4 d wife or so.guy,being a man no easy.now na i dey respect my papa d most cos him try.
so whether ur wife rich or poor na u go dey provide ooh
Re: How Much Should A Man Earn To Sustain A Marriage? by uniq: 12:18am On Dec 14, 2007
hello guys ,pls help me out,i am 27yrs,pls how far can one obey one parents?they are forcing me to take something which against my faith,what do i do ?i refused it and they are angry with me,how do i handle it.pls respond.
Re: How Much Should A Man Earn To Sustain A Marriage? by visitor29: 1:02pm On Dec 14, 2007
if u can classify ur parents as good,then listen to them but if u classify them as bad then fashi them, the choice is urs but guy,always HONOUR THY FATHER AND MOTHER na d commandment wey go with blessinng ooooooooooooooh
Re: How Much Should A Man Earn To Sustain A Marriage? by MISSWORLD1(f): 4:57pm On Dec 14, 2007
Re: How Much Should A Man Earn To Sustain A Marriage?
« #5 on: December 12, 2007, 01:11 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
First thing ill say is that not all girls seek ready made guys, personally i like guys that are very ambitious, u might not necessarily have money but if uve got that drive, intelligence and ambition ill definitely find you attractive and wuldnt mind going into a relationship with you, the reason some girls ask those questions ( thou most ask for material reasons) is because they need to find out if the guy in question is intellectually ok, and has a reasonable enough job to sustain them if they eventually get married. If ure unemployed but can prove to a lady that ure smart and uve got ambition and ull certainly make it soon, i see no reason why she shouldn't dig you.

As for the getting married if uve got no money, i would advise against it. Personally i think a man should earn a steady income of say a minimum of about a million yearly to sustain a marriage considering he'll be paying bills like house rent, nepa, hospital bills (when d wife takes in) and so on.

GAL I DUG YOUR STYLE, THAT'S THE REAL THING, GOD BLESS YOU RICHLY FOR THIS WORDS, THE ABOVE WORDS ARE THE BEST YOU NEED TO KNOW, FINAL
Re: How Much Should A Man Earn To Sustain A Marriage? by EmekaNaija(m): 11:02pm On Dec 14, 2007
Kevin,
Just find a woman that respects you. Thats the most important thing. Love is a concept, it is a thing of the mind. You can turn your mind from love to hate in an instant. I think we Nigerians, are gradually losing our culture for the white man's ways. The lady you talked about is just an exception, not the rule. So long as you have a steady source of income and can fend for your family, that is all that matters. Someone might earn N1million monthly, yet it wont be enough to support his lifestyle and family, but someone else earns N100K and its enough. So as they say, different stroke for different folks.
Re: How Much Should A Man Earn To Sustain A Marriage? by NANYA1887(f): 9:34am On Dec 15, 2007
Hi Engr,seems lyk u'v ur share of bad gurls recently, but if dis wil console u den we gurls hav had our own share of heart breking-egocentric-lieing-cheating-stingy- shocked SOB's too!Aint i rite gurls, But seriously,EVERYTHING GOOD WILL COME.Your gurl is out dere,she mite or mite not be Lola though!LOL!Wish u all d best[color=#006600][/color]
Re: How Much Should A Man Earn To Sustain A Marriage? by Miyaky(m): 1:18pm On Dec 15, 2007
My broda, dis a "jamb" questn. Gone r d days of our mothers who married our fathers when they had nottin. Do u know many babes hav turned me down cos' I don't hav a mouth-waterin job now. But wat I always ask dez babes is; don't they look at the prospects of the very young man? Many men r facin this problem especially hia in lag. I strongly advise men 2 get dia wives when they r yet 2 reach dia peak cos any woman dat gets closer 2 a guy cos of material tins is an indicatn dat that relationship 'll not last. I need a real woman who will stand by me in every situation regardless of age , tribe, religion. MAY GOD HELP US
Re: How Much Should A Man Earn To Sustain A Marriage? by pseg: 2:00pm On Dec 15, 2007
i have my sis inlaw and her son staying with us now, they are here on holidays frm uk, but the truth is that most of the time i find myself having to do eye service instead of being sincere,, pls ladies how do we handle this?
Re: How Much Should A Man Earn To Sustain A Marriage? by Saipro(m): 4:56pm On Dec 15, 2007
What do I say? I've been a while outta the hood but nuttin' has changed. The same ol' routine. The answer to this thread has gotta be individualized. But make sure you've got a paid job before you're married. One that'll conveniently feed two grown individuals and pay the bills. Subsequently, all other things being equal, I expect you guys to grow and "increase" (liabilities inclusive). That's how families are built. That's how they're made. And that's how most of 'em function. I wwouldn't lean on it hough cos I'm very much happily unmarried at the moment. Though I at times long for that ,
Re: How Much Should A Man Earn To Sustain A Marriage? by cita(f): 8:31pm On Dec 15, 2007
For God sake,everybody is leaving d main quest.am
surprised nobody is talking about d Nigerian economy
here,na wa 4 una,una no go kill babes abi na babes hold 9ija
economy?
Re: How Much Should A Man Earn To Sustain A Marriage? by otokx(m): 9:00pm On Dec 15, 2007
My dear I have seen couples marry without "she she", once the love and understanding is there progress will be made. For a good start, 15k by the man and 10k will be managed. They should cut their coat to size.
Re: How Much Should A Man Earn To Sustain A Marriage? by Dreloaded(f): 9:01pm On Dec 15, 2007
Lmao 10K? I hope this isnt naira.
Re: How Much Should A Man Earn To Sustain A Marriage? by otokx(m): 9:03pm On Dec 15, 2007
You sure understand but don't care, Its NAIRA
Re: How Much Should A Man Earn To Sustain A Marriage? by spaceworld: 9:10pm On Dec 15, 2007
God will lead us us right not astray, becos all Lagos chic want to jump to the car front and do not want to know how it comes
Re: How Much Should A Man Earn To Sustain A Marriage? by oge4real(f): 10:39pm On Dec 15, 2007
Na wa for life o!
If you marry a rich man, you are a gold digger but when you marry a poor man he will use you for money ritual.What do you expect women to do?
Re: How Much Should A Man Earn To Sustain A Marriage? by otokx(m): 10:50pm On Dec 15, 2007
Which one be money ritual again?
Re: How Much Should A Man Earn To Sustain A Marriage? by omoge(f): 10:58pm On Dec 15, 2007
the 10k as in =N=10, Ten thousand naira, was that for Kpomo alone?  wink abeg ooo. i prefer oxtail to kpomo smiley
Re: How Much Should A Man Earn To Sustain A Marriage? by Dreloaded(f): 8:59am On Dec 16, 2007
D-reloaded:

Lmao 10K? I hope this isnt naira.

You must be drunk. Bride price alone surpasses 10K not to speak of using it to sustain a marriage. What yeye marriage is that? You cant even buy a bag of rice with that rubbish. Second hand cell phone isnt even 10,000 naira.

I suggest you stay single.
Re: How Much Should A Man Earn To Sustain A Marriage? by NANYA1887(f): 6:53pm On Dec 16, 2007
Guy,easy now!!!!!!!!! ;DIts he's point of view, u'l neva know,he cud even marry ur Sis grin grin cool coolBut seriously,10k is rada smallllllll!
Re: How Much Should A Man Earn To Sustain A Marriage? by Dreloaded(f): 7:43pm On Dec 16, 2007
maybe YOUR sister.
Re: How Much Should A Man Earn To Sustain A Marriage? by Debbie1010(f): 3:34pm On Dec 17, 2007
I think a Guy should be sure of himself before he ventures into Marriage. Ability to pay the dowry and organise a Big Wedding Celebration is not the main thing in marriage because there may have been contributions from people.

Life is generally hard in this Naija so You Must be able to cater for your Wife & Kids in addition to your Family(extended). You must be able to provide very basic amenities if you want peace in your home. No matter how religious a Woman is, Some day, she will definitely show her other side if she's the one all her friends are looking down on. You must not eat Chicken every day or wear designer stuff but at least you should ensure your Family is not described as being un-tidy or poverty stricken,  or even have your kids appearing greedy because they've never seen some things in their own house.

My 2 cents though,
Re: How Much Should A Man Earn To Sustain A Marriage? by Nobody: 5:31pm On Dec 17, 2007
Abeg who want make hm sister marry poor man?if u ask her moni she no give u, u no go swear for d husband?
Na this kind of things put all these niger delta govenors for wahala.Na just 2 satisfy inlaws >
abeg moni dey make woman look under 16yrs .
but d choice is hers.
Re: How Much Should A Man Earn To Sustain A Marriage? by adeboo(f): 12:50am On Dec 18, 2007
Just enough to keep the family above water.

He has to be the provider, so how ever much he needs to get him providing for his family.
Re: How Much Should A Man Earn To Sustain A Marriage? by tome1: 9:08am On Dec 18, 2007
For a man to be able to sustain a marriage he must earn as much as required to provide for the basic needs of the family and also be able to save certain amount of money.without this there is no point gettin into a marriage else all will end up in frustration and this is not healthy for the family.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Bought Elepaq Generator And It's Consuming Fuel. / What Habits Did You See In Your Father That You Are Determined To Sustain? / Childless For 9 Years: Help! I'm Losing My Mind To Depression!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.