Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,131 members, 7,811,195 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:04 AM

EFCC Arrests Chief James Ibori, Former Delta State Governor - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EFCC Arrests Chief James Ibori, Former Delta State Governor (15928 Views)

Breaking: Former Delta Governor Ibori Secretely Released From London Prison? / A Plea For The Release Of Chief James Ibori. / Angry Mob In Warri Beat Former Delta Speaker Into Unconsciousness! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EFCC Arrests Chief James Ibori, Former Delta State Governor by ifyalways(f): 3:08am On Dec 13, 2007
vikiviko:

Third Major arrest of the E FCC after Alams and Tafa.

I await the eventual conviction and confiscation of his loots.

All hail Ribadu
grin grin grin iwish you read your post very well and what happened to them after the kangaroo arrests  . where are they now  

abeg all na the same .RAT RACE ARREST  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: EFCC Arrests Chief James Ibori, Former Delta State Governor by Nobody: 4:08am On Dec 13, 2007
@iyke D.
Thanks for your reasonable comment.

I dont know if we would have prefered it if he was not arrested.
The thing we should be doing now is to pressure the EFCC and FG to make sure justice takes centre stage.
Re: EFCC Arrests Chief James Ibori, Former Delta State Governor by denex: 4:31am On Dec 13, 2007
Please you guys should stop this kind of rubbish talk. Nigerians will demand something, crying and clamouring for it, now it is done, they call it a fake arrest.

I'm sure when Ibori is convicted and jailed, they will say it is fake conviction and fake jailing. My people, it is your fake state of mind that is confusing you.

Wait and see, another group of Nigerians from the Niger-Delta will soon rise up to claim that Ibori is being victimised, marginalized and scape-goated. Abi no be this Naija wey we dey? Abeg make I hear word. Make EFCC arrest one of una first, then una go tell me how fake e really be.

For those claiming that the Kwara Governor should be implicated for conspiring to hide Ibori, there is no Judge in this world that would have that kind of case in his court. Ibori was not publicly declared wanted so there is no way anybody he visited would have been certain that there was an evasion of the law.

FAKE PEOPLE.
Re: EFCC Arrests Chief James Ibori, Former Delta State Governor by ndubest(m): 8:04am On Dec 13, 2007
, Goodnews
one step in the right direction
Re: EFCC Arrests Chief James Ibori, Former Delta State Governor by odada(m): 8:08am On Dec 13, 2007
*reading topic with huge interest* *takes off reading glasses and sighs!*

Wonders shall never end! I wonder whos next to be incarceratedarrested?any suggestions?
Re: EFCC Arrests Chief James Ibori, Former Delta State Governor by chikeze(m): 8:13am On Dec 13, 2007
EFCC should try and get some of the 300billion wey ibori thief, ooops sorry i mean collect grin frm his state. And let the tribunal nullify his cousin's election as the current governor of delta state.
Re: EFCC Arrests Chief James Ibori, Former Delta State Governor by onyekang1(f): 9:06am On Dec 13, 2007
story! story!! story!!! once upon a time,

na today?
Re: EFCC Arrests Chief James Ibori, Former Delta State Governor by Afam(m): 9:41am On Dec 13, 2007
We need a deaf president because going by the comments of a lot of people on this arrest it would have been better for the government not to have arrested him at all, confused people.
Re: EFCC Arrests Chief James Ibori, Former Delta State Governor by MasterUwem(m): 9:57am On Dec 13, 2007
good
Re: EFCC Arrests Chief James Ibori, Former Delta State Governor by Nobody: 10:08am On Dec 13, 2007
Infact i no get energy for una agian. Haba, Must we always be negative. If it is so easy, go and do a better job than ribadau if you cant shout up.
Re: EFCC Arrests Chief James Ibori, Former Delta State Governor by dumebi25: 10:12am On Dec 13, 2007
his arrest really means nothing.lets hope he is prosecuted, undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: EFCC Arrests Chief James Ibori, Former Delta State Governor by CrazyMan(m): 10:26am On Dec 13, 2007
This is another case of zero tolerance to corruption from the Yar’Adua administration very applauding.

But they should not only pick in Ibori, they should probe all the past governors of the Obsanjo administration including Obasanjo himself.
Re: EFCC Arrests Chief James Ibori, Former Delta State Governor by Nobody: 11:39am On Dec 13, 2007
dumebi25:

his arrest really means nothing.lets hope he is prosecuted, undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

TRUE. .
Re: EFCC Arrests Chief James Ibori, Former Delta State Governor by Mariory(m): 12:05pm On Dec 13, 2007
Viva EFCC!
Re: EFCC Arrests Chief James Ibori, Former Delta State Governor by Bblak(f): 12:15pm On Dec 13, 2007
We are used to such news.Na today we hope he will be prosecuted sha. lipsrsealed
Re: EFCC Arrests Chief James Ibori, Former Delta State Governor by Osibisa(m): 12:41pm On Dec 13, 2007
@Almondjoy
All I want to know is when it will reach Tinubu and Atiku them turn. Is it in this life time? Useless people!

My dear u see am talk
Re: EFCC Arrests Chief James Ibori, Former Delta State Governor by otokx(m): 2:15pm On Dec 13, 2007
Did they not arrest Orji Uzor Kalu? What about the ebeano man? Make we hear word jo.
Re: EFCC Arrests Chief James Ibori, Former Delta State Governor by linuxuser(m): 4:40pm On Dec 13, 2007
At last, this guy is charged. Whether or not his prosecution will land him in jail is a different matter. I understand he tried to bribe EFCC. Well, May be this is true or not we will wait to see

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/7142460.stm
Re: EFCC Arrests Chief James Ibori, Former Delta State Governor by 2old4that(m): 5:16pm On Dec 13, 2007
A good step in the right direction!
He is a young rich thief! . . . probably Odili is also hiding in that Kwara of a lodge. grin
Re: EFCC Arrests Chief James Ibori, Former Delta State Governor by IykeD1(m): 7:02pm On Dec 13, 2007

For those claiming that the Kwara Governor should be implicated for conspiring to hide Ibori, there
is no Judge in this world that would have that kind of case in his court. Ibori was not publicly declared
wanted so there is no way anybody he visited would have been certain that there was an evasion of
the law.

FAKE PEOPLE.
And lets assume that the Kwara state governor conspired to hide Ibori, is the suggestion
now that the EFCC lose track of their main target and go after him as well? I can almost
bet whoever suggested that will be the first to rubbish the EFCC for abusing their power.
Some of them still talk about how the EFCC brought down Adenuga's gate/door when he
would not honor their invitations. Na real Fake People - confused as ever!

@otokx

Did they not arrest Orji Uzor Kalu? What about the ebeano man? Make we hear word jo.
Just in case you forgot, the EFCC did its job with Kalu - they arrested him and charged
him to court. Now, if the judge decides to postpone further hearings until the year 2020
or dismiss the charges prior to any hearings, that is not the EFCC's problem! Of course,
I am sure you will be among the crowd condemning the EFCC if they were to take up a
dual role of being the prosecutor and the judge, there is a difference, you know? If Ibori
can be "fake arrested" , I can bet you more "fake arrests" are on the way.
Re: EFCC Arrests Chief James Ibori, Former Delta State Governor by debosky(m): 7:06pm On Dec 13, 2007
Nice response Iyke, to add to that. . .Chimaroke Nnamani (aka ebeano man) has also been charged to court in Lagos on corruption offences, so I wonder what 'word' you want make we hear.
Re: EFCC Arrests Chief James Ibori, Former Delta State Governor by almondjoy(f): 7:11pm On Dec 13, 2007
It is only in places like Nigeria that you can charge someone to court and it takes 20 years for the judiciary to do it's job.  Like they are so busy--sweating under those funky carmel wigs with flies buzzing all over the damn place!

Yeah right!  Na real fake people.  Talk of the left hand stealing meat from the cooking pot and the right hand acting as judge! Like the EFCC is telling us anything new about corruption?  EFCC is just the freaking Dee Jay in this charade game of "fighting corruption".  cheesy  We all know all are corrupt from A to Z!!!!

Ribadu should go and find a real job instead of this "glorified amebo" his is doing all over Nigeria.  We need Ribadu to tell us Ibori is corrupt?---Where the money pass from take enter London?  Not from Nigeria?  What a joke for drunkards!

Even if the evidence of corruption threatens your lives by totally obstructing your rectums--most of you will still refuse to defecate--while the smell causes you to fall in and out of consciousness on a daily basis!

And the end game is--------------------?

BLOCKHEADS!!!!
Re: EFCC Arrests Chief James Ibori, Former Delta State Governor by IykeD1(m): 7:32pm On Dec 13, 2007
I wonder who is sounding like the drunkard in this case
Re: EFCC Arrests Chief James Ibori, Former Delta State Governor by almondjoy(f): 8:07pm On Dec 13, 2007
People like you of course, who need Adeboye on one hand, and Ribadu on the other to tell you who is corrupt and who is not! kiss  Like you do not have a brain or whatever you might choose to call it!
Re: EFCC Arrests Chief James Ibori, Former Delta State Governor by Mamajama(m): 8:07pm On Dec 13, 2007
I seriously think this arrest is a way to silence the opposition like ATIKU.

Why wait for so long to arrest and try this guy?  what are they trying to say?

Now my question is , who will be next?
Re: EFCC Arrests Chief James Ibori, Former Delta State Governor by McKren(m): 8:27pm On Dec 13, 2007
almondjoy:

People like you of course, who need Adeboye on one hand, and Ribadu on the other to tell you who is corrupt and who is not! kiss Like you do not have a brain or whatever you might choose to call it!

Your anger seems to have stepped up a gear since this Ibori's arrest, just out of curiosity is Ibori related to you.
Re: EFCC Arrests Chief James Ibori, Former Delta State Governor by Mariory(m): 8:29pm On Dec 13, 2007
Viva EFCC!
Re: EFCC Arrests Chief James Ibori, Former Delta State Governor by dayokanu(m): 8:31pm On Dec 13, 2007
Silence ATIKU? I don't get. Good news I just hope they follow it to the end and ultimately arrest OBJ himself.
Re: EFCC Arrests Chief James Ibori, Former Delta State Governor by drockddon: 8:32pm On Dec 13, 2007
Ibori deserve it,they finish all the wealth of Nigeria and leave the masses in penury,no no no it deserve it. He should be given 50 year in prison with hard labour.
grin grin grin
Re: EFCC Arrests Chief James Ibori, Former Delta State Governor by drockddon: 8:37pm On Dec 13, 2007
so u mean ibori loot more than 300 billions of naira? ha dey have finish this country,they should also try tinubu and odili,they also loot some cash .
Re: EFCC Arrests Chief James Ibori, Former Delta State Governor by debosky(m): 8:39pm On Dec 13, 2007
@ McKren

almondjoy is a pessimist who believes each and everyone in Nigeria is corrupt, and that any perceived 'action' to prosecute a corrupt person is simply an exercise in futility since 'they' are all cut from the same cloth originally. She also feels that corruption is ingrained and Nigerians are not really interested in getting rid of it, even with blatant and egregious evidence available.

She uses 'figurative' expressions to pass across her disdain and complete condemnation of everything gone wrong in Nigeria. . .she holds little, if any, hope in the redemption of the nation
Re: EFCC Arrests Chief James Ibori, Former Delta State Governor by drockddon: 8:41pm On Dec 13, 2007
let Atiku and Obasanjo be tried also,i think they also loot nigeria wealth.abeg let them make sure they try Tinubu and Odili.them be theif.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pastor Bakare And Adeosun Didn’t Meet With President Buhari / Top 5 Destination Of Capital Investments In Nigeria 2020 / Industries Battle For Survival As Dollar Hits N1,155

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.