Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,497 members, 7,958,506 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 04:01 PM

Women's Submission Vs Men's Love - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Women's Submission Vs Men's Love (13308 Views)

JUST A THOUGHT - WOMEN AND EMOTIONS VS MEN!?! / Guys Vs Men / Women Vs Men (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Women's Submission Vs Men's Love by modavi: 7:56pm On Jul 27, 2012
Dat is y it is gud 4 both to be God-fearing cos it takes only a God-fearing man and woman to love and submit indeed.

2 Likes

Re: Women's Submission Vs Men's Love by adenikeajayi: 8:02pm On Jul 27, 2012
local guy's always wants submission,two are meant to become 1.
Re: Women's Submission Vs Men's Love by stint(m): 8:08pm On Jul 27, 2012
when i saw this post i became a little annoyed, annoyed at yet another show of popular believe which is not entirely true.or maybe thats just the way i see it. so i have two questions.one did the bible say that women should only submit and forget about loving? No. The bible said to submit and also said to love:
"THAT THEY MAY TEACH THE YOUNG WOMEN TO BE SOBER, TO LOVE THEIR HUSBANDS, TO LOVE THEIR CHILDREN titus 2:4"
The reason this is so difficult for our women is because they set their priorities wrong and marry guys who are matured, financially stable,God fearing, ...yadda yadda yadda while they ignore the fact that they don't love the guy. Then after the marriage they won't be able to submit because YOU CAN NOT SUBMIT TO SOMEONE YOU DON'T LOVE! ....enought said on that.........
Question two: is OP by this-
zone77: The rate at which marriages crumble these days...................

Having established that, I would like to say that submissiveness on the part of the woman is linked to unconditional love on the part of the man.

saying A WOMAN should not submit to a husband that does not love her or THE HUSBAND should not love a wife that does not submit to him? 'cos if he is i will regretably have to comment again to tell him how wrong that mind set is...

KEEP LOVING, KEEP SUBMITTING

1 Like

Re: Women's Submission Vs Men's Love by victorian(f): 8:08pm On Jul 27, 2012
@ bukatyne, u are so right on point.. What we truly have these days is glorified slavery in marriages. And its not a pleasant sight to see.. Men wants a submissive girlfriend/wife, but does not give really give a damn about her and the woman who wants to be married by all means, accepts all bullshit from him until after marriage. Then , after marriage, either one gets tired or both, then they either choose a loveless marriage and smile infront of friends/families that they are happy, while at home they are cat and dog or one chooses a way out of the misery and file for divorce..frequent scenarios.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Women's Submission Vs Men's Love by Orikinla(m): 8:13pm On Jul 27, 2012
zone77: The rate at which marriages crumble these days is alarming.
For this,a great number of men, the excuse for walking out is that their wives are not submissive.
For the women, they claim their hubbies cheat on them (of course if you as a man love your wife truly, you shouldnt cheat on her).

This is not limited to married couples alone, even ordinary friendships or courtships crumble based on these allegations.

Having established that, I would like to say that submissiveness on the part of the woman is linked to unconditional love on the part of the man.

We remember that the holy book (Bible) said that the woman should submit to her husband and the man should love his wife just like Christ loved the Church and died for her........Now my questions:

How many men love their wives like Christ loved and still loves the Church?

Is it necessary for a gal to submit to a man that hasnt paid her bride prize?

Guys, do you think that a gal that refused to submit to a man while they were dating would eventually submit when they marry?

Gals, would you submit to a man you arent married to?...
[size=28pt]
I score your post 100%.[/size]

Too much hypocrisy is destroying the Nigerian society.
Re: Women's Submission Vs Men's Love by nyameke: 8:15pm On Jul 27, 2012
One thing some of you guys should know is that when a man is really playing the role OF A MAN that he was born to play your woman( wife or whatever ) has no option but to submit. It's not coerced but happens naturally. It's the natural order of things and how nature intends..

To submit is to surrender oneself willingly to another's authority or will. This is done out of love and based on love and not FEAR. It's ignorant to think otherwise. The roles of man and woman follows a leader and a follower relationship and not a Master and Slave relationship.. A woman should never be looked at as a slave or lesser being that you command at your will but your HELPER.

The man being the head leads, loves,cherishes and protects the woman. The man actually has the greater responsibility because to lead is to take responsibility. Most relationship fails because most men refuses to be man and play their roles.

The ignorance is that most men and some women associates submission to a form of slavery or master and slave relationship. Or why would a wussy man tell me if it is submission I seek, go buy a DoG.

5 Likes

Re: Women's Submission Vs Men's Love by Nobody: 8:28pm On Jul 27, 2012
nyameke: One thing some of you guys should know is that when a man is really playing the role OF A MAN that he was born to play your woman( wife or whatever ) has no option but to submit. It's not coerced but happens naturally. It's the natural order of things and how nature intends..

To submit is to surrender oneself willingly to another's authority or will. This is done out of love and based on love and not FEAR. It's ignorant to think otherwise. The roles of man and woman follows a leader and a follower relationship and not a Master and Slave relationship.. A woman should never be looked at as a slave or lesser being that you command at your will but your HELPER.

The man being the head leads, loves,cherishes and protects the woman. The man actually has the greater responsibility because to lead is to take responsibility. Most relationship fails because most men refuses to be man and play their roles.

The ignorance is that most men and some women associates submission to a form of slavery or master and slave relationship. Or why would a wussy man tell me if it is submission I seek, go buy a DoG.
This doesn't apply to a girlfriend. . . wink
Re: Women's Submission Vs Men's Love by stint(m): 8:37pm On Jul 27, 2012
the wife says: let him FIRST start showing he really loves me, change his attitude and i will submit to him
and the husband says: let her FIRST obey, submit to me and i will show her how much i love her and change my attitude.
at the end of the day, NOBODY SUBMITS, NOBODY LOVES.

4 Likes

Re: Women's Submission Vs Men's Love by nyameke: 8:44pm On Jul 27, 2012
It is also stupi.dly erroneous to expect your woman to submit to you ONLY when you both are married.. Then what's the purpose of a relationship or the courting..

Like I said a woman naturally and willingly will submit to a REAL man and not boys pretending to be men

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Women's Submission Vs Men's Love by bukatyne(f): 8:44pm On Jul 27, 2012
victorian: @ bukatyne, u are so right on point.. What we truly have these days is glorified slavery in marriages. And its not a pleasant sight to see.. Men wants a submissive girlfriend/wife, but does not give really give a damn about her and the woman who wants to be married by all means, accepts all bullshit from him until after marriage. Then , after marriage, either one gets tired or both, then they either choose a loveless marriage and smile infront of friends/families that they are happy, while at home they are cat and dog or one chooses a way out of the misery and file for divorce..frequent scenarios.
so true! u forgot d 3rd: the men start blamin d women that they re not submissive that's y their marriage ain't working! if d man cheats on his wife, it's d woman's fault; if d woman cheats, it's a taboo and so many other double standards. wat amuses me most is when they start d 'our parents marriage was better/happy b'cos our mothers were submissive'. some people don't know d difference btw a peaceful home (when d wife decides to take all bs from d husband) and a joyful happy. only few of our mothers truely knew d joys of a joyful/happy home and a husband that genuinely loves them. that's y most gals n their parents chase after 'made men' cos they don't believe in love and have d line of reasonin that if they want to suffer, let them suffer in plenty! ow re u?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Women's Submission Vs Men's Love by nyameke: 8:48pm On Jul 27, 2012
sexkillz: This doesn't apply to a girlfriend. . . wink
yes it does. I told you before you have no idea what it means to submit so be quiet

1 Like

Re: Women's Submission Vs Men's Love by Nobody: 8:51pm On Jul 27, 2012
nyameke: yes it does. I told you before you have no idea what it means to submit so be quiet
Lol. You need help
Re: Women's Submission Vs Men's Love by nyameke: 8:59pm On Jul 27, 2012
sexkillz: Lol. You need help
says the ignorant boy pretending to be a man and yet has no idea what manhood entails..

1 Like

Re: Women's Submission Vs Men's Love by Nobody: 9:06pm On Jul 27, 2012
nyameke: says the ignorant boy pretending to be a man and yet has no idea what manhood entails..
Lol. I'm older than your elder brother.
Re: Women's Submission Vs Men's Love by nyameke: 9:07pm On Jul 27, 2012
sexkillz: This doesn't apply to a girlfriend. . . wink
For the sake of teaching you a thing or two let me pretend for a second that you have knowledge of what you talking about, why you think submission does not apply to a girlfriend
Re: Women's Submission Vs Men's Love by nyameke: 9:13pm On Jul 27, 2012
sexkillz: Lol. I'm older than your elder brother.
I doubt it Cus you sound like a boy and if you are a man then more like a boy in a man's body. Sorry but adding on years does not equal intelligence.

1 Like

Re: Women's Submission Vs Men's Love by TheShopKeeper(m): 9:21pm On Jul 27, 2012
Selfishness, lack of respect and been high minded are what is lacking in most relationships today.
Why do partners make a big deal out of respecting and submitting to each other.
If there's no true love right from the start, then there's no way that relationship or marriage will start.
Mutual submission is a universal principle, in our present day, 'submission' is viewed as a negative word.
It's origin is from a military term which related to obedience based on the chain of command.
Within the context of relationship, man and woman should mutually cultivate the habit of submitting to one another, by this a lot of marriages will last the course.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Women's Submission Vs Men's Love by Nobody: 9:27pm On Jul 27, 2012
nyameke: I doubt it Cus you sound like a boy and if you are a man then more like a boy in a man's body. Sorry but adding on years does not equal intelligence.
Keep doubting then. . . When you have gained more experience, you'll understand better how a relationship functions.

Now run along. . . wink
Re: Women's Submission Vs Men's Love by Ybutterfly: 9:43pm On Jul 27, 2012
^^^^^^^^^^^GOOOOD trrEEEaDD^^^^^^^^^^^^
Re: Women's Submission Vs Men's Love by dvonne(f): 9:59pm On Jul 27, 2012
wholexy009: My advice is that anyone going through such in their marriage should read the book LOVE ‎​‎​@̤̥̣̈̊̇п̲̣̣̥d̶̲̥̅̊ RESPECT, can't remember the name of the writer. Å̶̷̩̥͡•̸Ϟ sure u will come back to thank me

I read it many years ago and been looking for the name of the writer so I can find that book again...If you ever find the writer's name ..please let me know.

Cheers
Re: Women's Submission Vs Men's Love by Timijo(m): 9:59pm On Jul 27, 2012
tellwisdom: If she don submit her punny......What else?? undecided undecided
Is dis wat u hav to say abt d topic. U b gbewudani
Re: Women's Submission Vs Men's Love by nyameke: 10:00pm On Jul 27, 2012
sexkillz: Keep doubting then. . . When you have gained more experience, you'll understand better how a relationship functions.

Now run along. . . wink
Little boy stop fronting. You know nothing I can tell. You are most likely less than 23 yrs. It wouldn't be far fetch to think you are most likely a wussy and has no girlfriend or married . And if you have one you are definetly not wearing the pants in the relationship. I can tell

1 Like

Re: Women's Submission Vs Men's Love by israelbenzion: 10:23pm On Jul 27, 2012
sweetcocoa: OP what do you mean by submitting?

I'm asking because there are lots of things i won't do or take from a man i'm not married to even from the one i eventually marry.

Re: Women's Submission Vs Men's Love by 2tek: 10:59pm On Jul 27, 2012
Husband love ur wife nd wife submit to ur husband biblical injunctions ar mutually exclusive which means d husband shd unconditionally love his wife whether she submits 2 him or not and d wife shd submit 2 her husband regardless,whether he loves her or not. Dis appears 2 b a tall order considering d mindset of an average Nigerian,male or female. Otherwise, d woman wl insist she won't submit 2 d man unless he truely shows her love nd d man too wl refuse 2 love his wife genuinely until she submits. At d end of d day,nobody gets 2 love and nobody gets 2 submit.
Re: Women's Submission Vs Men's Love by personal59: 11:52pm On Jul 27, 2012
sexkillz: A woman should never never ever submit to a man she is not married to. . . Ever! Respect him, yes, but submit to him? Hell NO!
please how do you love aπϑ respect without submitting Iƨ̣̣̣̇̇̇ not possible ‎​U̶̲̥̅̊ don't submit if you have this two love aπϑ respect this two wrap things up.
Re: Women's Submission Vs Men's Love by personal59: 12:01am On Jul 28, 2012
Come to think of it many relationship that don't work out on †ђξ basis of equal right ₪☺ submission wat ‎​U̶̲̥̅̊ do I can also do diff query every now aπϑ then †ђξ white we copy how many of them run a better home yes they practise equal right what's †ђξ result we all knw now broken marriage two, three yrs marriage Iƨ̣̣̣̇̇̇ off though A̶̲̥̅♏ not in support of extra marital affairs o but submission if ‎​U̶̲̥̅̊ can't submit in courtship ‎​U̶̲̥̅̊ will never submit urself never cos it will b wat ‎​U̶̲̥̅̊ are use to. If ‎​U̶̲̥̅̊ want to go out ur husband can't say ₪☺ cos ‎​U̶̲̥̅̊ av equal right. I pity your life.
Re: Women's Submission Vs Men's Love by jason123: 12:34am On Jul 28, 2012
sexkillz: Keep doubting then. . . When you have gained more experience, you'll understand better how a relationship functions.

Now run along. . . wink

Guy, you are definitely still a teen or a very young adult. You still need sometime to know life and you definitely lack experience!

No offense but I am just being honest. You have made some nice comments in the past but this, I don't agree with.

If my GF is not submissive while we are dating, it when I marry her she'll be submissive?? A wise man has his eyes in his head!!!(Ecclesiastes 2:14)

1 Like

Re: Women's Submission Vs Men's Love by jason123: 12:42am On Jul 28, 2012
nyameke: One thing some of you guys should know is that when a man is really playing the role OF A MAN that he was born to play your woman( wife or whatever ) has no option but to submit. It's not coerced but happens naturally. It's the natural order of things and how nature intends..

You could not have said it better. Your husband is very lucky!!!

1 Like

Re: Women's Submission Vs Men's Love by kaynik(f): 12:53am On Jul 28, 2012
bukatyne: i m really enjoyin this topic and i agree wit sexrevives and Thoniaslim's points amongst others. i ve come to realize wit revelation that wat is obtainable in most Nigerian homes is not submission, it's servitude or wat a popular pastor calls 'glorified slavery'. A typical nigerian marriage only fulfills 1 out of d 3 reasons for marriage: companionship, prevention against adultery and child bearing and we all know d one they fulfill. initially, when i saw ...'wives submit to ur husbands...', i thought God was been sexist. However, on further study, i realized that the love God expects from men is much more indepth than even d submission of women. God compared His love for isreal to the love a husband has for his wife. i read 1Cor 13:1-8 and i realized that when a man loves genuinely, he lays it all for d woman. he believes d best of her. he can do anything to make her happy. she is his world and everything! King Solomon even said in Proverbs that 4 things amaze him and d last is 'how a man loves a woman'. when d man loves his wife, he esteems her above himself. he considers her first in all his decisions. when that loved woman submits, she esteems her husband above himself and considers him first so there is a balance. some people wonder y d man must love first; d man finds d woman and is d head (the source/building block of that family). a loved woman will do everything in her power to please her husband. she ll think of cooking his best meal, looking good for him, dressing him up to be outstanding, encourage him, believes in him and trusts him. when her husband brings suggestions/ideas, b'cos she knows that he loves her and has considered her before making that suggestion, she readily supports him and stand by him. a loved woman that doesn't submit has a problem and a husband that is expecting his wife to submit witout loving her unconditionally has a problem and is looking for a glorified slave. have a splendid day

the most sensible comment!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Women's Submission Vs Men's Love by Sweetdoct247(m): 12:55am On Jul 28, 2012
black_beau: Submission isn't bad but servitude is.the strength of a woman lie in her ability to be submisive without acting like an illitrate,brainless slave.
You are full of wisdom. You've said it all....
Re: Women's Submission Vs Men's Love by Nobody: 12:59am On Jul 28, 2012
zone77: Gals, would you submit to a man you arent married to?...

yes of course!...why?

simply because as you have stated...

submissiveness on the part of the woman is linked to unconditional love on the part of the man.

if I feel the connection that is all I need.
If I know he has my back, there is nothing under the sun I would not do for him
nor make me leave the relationship unless HE messes up or it doesn't work out.

1 Like

Re: Women's Submission Vs Men's Love by Metalgoong(m): 1:05am On Jul 28, 2012
The conclusion to all these boring back and forth is that we all, male and female, should now live our lives as we deem fit because it is now obvious that this argument has no ending. . . . If a girl/wife decides not to submit to her bf/husband, good! If a boy/husband decides not to love her gf/wife, good. If husbands/wives decide to divorce 24 hrs after their marriage, good! Every societal change being witnessed nowadays, whether we like it or not, should be considered part of the 21st century civilization, and we have to accept that.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Girls With Big Boobs and Flat Bottoms / Photos From Popular Ugandan Socialite Honey Suleman Alleged Sextape (18+) / My Girlfriend A Sex Addict? I Really Need An Advice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.