Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,448 members, 7,816,039 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:22 AM

5 Tips For Good Manners On A Dinner Date. (do You Pass The Test?) - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 5 Tips For Good Manners On A Dinner Date. (do You Pass The Test?) (1735 Views)

Beauty Vs Manners, Who Should I Marry? / Nigerian Guy Calls Out Lagos Lady That Dumped Him After A N45k Dinner Date / Intimacy On The First Date: Do You Support It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Tips For Good Manners On A Dinner Date. (do You Pass The Test?) by talk2cj08(m): 4:33pm On Jul 28, 2012
1) When you walk to your table, your date should let you walk ahead of him. Ladies first.
2) Don't start eating until your date gets his food, too. During the meal, pace yourself throughout the meal so you finish at the same time.
3) If you get up to go to the bathroom, put your napkin on the table to the left of your plate--not on your seat. (Fun fact: Italian folklore considers it bad luck to put your napkin on your chair, since it indicates that you'll never return.)
4) Randomly, if you're asked to pass either the salt or pepper, pass them both together.
5) Always leave a bite of food on your plate, to signal to your hosts that you were served an adequate amount. (As my daddy says, "Leave some for Mr. Manners."wink

1 Like

Re: 5 Tips For Good Manners On A Dinner Date. (do You Pass The Test?) by Nobody: 4:40pm On Jul 28, 2012
@ Number 2 & 5 : Not when I'm very hungry. . . Wait kor, wait ni. .

1 Like

Re: 5 Tips For Good Manners On A Dinner Date. (do You Pass The Test?) by slimyemm: 5:03pm On Jul 28, 2012
Duh!
When,you go on a date...just be yourself and be composed!
The rest na story!cheesy
Re: 5 Tips For Good Manners On A Dinner Date. (do You Pass The Test?) by Nobody: 5:40pm On Jul 28, 2012
1) When you walk to your table, your date should let you walk ahead of him. Ladies first: Will I get an award for that?
2) Don't start eating until your date gets his food, too. During the meal, pace yourself throughout the meal so you finish at the same time: If hunger dey mama me nko?
3) If you get up to go to the bathroom, put your napkin on the table to the left of your plate--not on your seat. (Fun fact: Italian folklore considers it bad luck to put your napkin on your chair, since it indicates that you'll never return.): I'm not Italian, I am a Nigerian.
4) Randomly, if you're asked to pass either the salt or pepper, pass them both together. Ok, no problem.
5) Always leave a bite of food on your plate, to signal to your hosts that you were served an adequate amount. (As my daddy says, "Leave some for Mr. Manners."wink If the food is tasty, me dey chop food, wipe the plate with togue.
Thank you.

5 Likes

Re: 5 Tips For Good Manners On A Dinner Date. (do You Pass The Test?) by Nobody: 7:57pm On Jul 28, 2012
val_dee: 1) When you walk to your table, your date should let you walk ahead of him. Ladies first: Will I get an award for that?
2) Don't start eating until your date gets his food, too. During the meal, pace yourself throughout the meal so you finish at the same time: If hunger dey mama me nko?
3) If you get up to go to the bathroom, put your napkin on the table to the left of your plate--not on your seat. (Fun fact: Italian folklore considers it bad luck to put your napkin on your chair, since it indicates that you'll never return.): I'm not Italian, I am a Nigerian.
4) Randomly, if you're asked to pass either the salt or pepper, pass them both together. Ok, no problem.
5) Always leave a bite of food on your plate, to signal to your hosts that you were served an adequate amount. (As my daddy says, "Leave some for Mr. Manners."wink If the food is tasty, me dey chop food, wipe the plate with togue.
Thank you.

LOL.
Re: 5 Tips For Good Manners On A Dinner Date. (do You Pass The Test?) by talk2cj08(m): 7:50am On Jul 29, 2012
val_dee: 1) When you walk to your table, your date should let you walk ahead of him. Ladies first: Will I get an award for that?
Thank you.

Lol its not posible

(1) (Reply)

Why are all the good girls taken? / She Is Pregnant For Her Step -son / Things you shouldn't say to your spouse in a fight..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.