Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,087 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:20 AM

Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” (50635 Views)

Church General Overseer Converts To Muslim And Gives Reasons / The Fastest Growing Religion In The World - Christianity Or Islam ? / Oyedepo To Establish Another University: Landmark University (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by BecaciaBarbie(f): 12:52pm On Jul 29, 2012
mufikings: for as long as the Church refuses the oneness that Christ and the apostles died for we will always miss God's true intention" i am a Redeemer" ? God's house the church aint branded okay....on the subject lets all not judge, I am a believer in d Church .
Dont get me wrng bruv! I had to state dat, so they wont think am supportn him probably bcuz am a member of his church!
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by wurajone(f): 12:52pm On Jul 29, 2012
Bakreez: [color=#006600][/color][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]. Sorry dude it's so pathetic that you are the way you are, i dont blame you because the go they preach for you is a god of material. Your so called religeon today preaches materials and doesnt care whether it is acquired illegally hence reason why you give glory for a tithe of 200 million naira without the pastor questioning the source. The woman wont die in poverty because eni ti o duro ti oluwa o ki n jogun ofo. Oledepo will definitely be put to shame right here on earth even before the intercession.

Because she's poor and being a muslim makes her duro ti oluwa abi?and because d bishop didn't offer to help her makes him duro ti esu..imagine!
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by monami2abd: 12:52pm On Jul 29, 2012
drzed:

Ehem (clears throat...) On the flip side, havent many/most/all Christians been judging Islam from those (muslims) who abuse it? Why is suddenly not okay now to Judge Christianity from the attitudes of pastors?

Just asking...

i wonder too... As always its ok for christians to judge muslims but not vice versa.... SMH....

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by ektbear: 12:53pm On Jul 29, 2012
Jarus:
I now get your point more clearly.
But personally, even when stripped of religion, I don't think there is anything wrong in seeking help from a wealthy family member. And even there is nothing in story that says she asked for help. The Bishop, perhaps voluntarily, offered to help her financially, with that condition.

In the example of my cousin, she freely asks for financial assistance from us from time to time, and we give(based on familial tie), even when we are sorry for her to choosing a path other than ours(with all our belief that ours is the only right way). I think sometimes the tie of family should override religious difference, especially when it is on something that doesnt go to the root of our belief, like financial assistance(as opposed to something like asking us to follow to her Church). Helping a Christian financially doesnt strip me of my Islam, so why wont I, for a family member for that matter.

Jarus, it is certainly very generous and kind of you to do this.

However, perhaps Oyedepo feels that her non-belief will condemn her to hell (given that this is what his Bible says). Given this belief, is his position not somewhat understandable?

After all, material deprivation here on earth is certainly not as bad as eternal suffering.

Perhaps in your opinion, he should simply give her the money and quietly at the same time try to convert her. But he is not evil for choosing a different route, is he? He has the freedom to choose, yes?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by Emulti(m): 12:54pm On Jul 29, 2012
D bishop jst did wat i wil do. I can‘t fold my arms watching my sister perish. I wil use every available means to bring her into d fold. D bishop took d decision out of love dat only d heavenly minded wil understand. Even if it‘s T.B Joshua‘s sister, he might even take more drastic action dan dis depending on d leading of d holy spirit. There is no single pattern to win souls to Christ especially for a spirit filled man!

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by emolade4re: 12:55pm On Jul 29, 2012
I see notin wrong because da bible instruct all Christians to dust our legs n leave anyone who refuses to accept da word of God. Whereas Islam teaches pple kill anyone dat refuses their religion. So who's wrong?. Sit not in da sit of da un-Godly.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by ahf(m): 12:56pm On Jul 29, 2012
jay bee: Seriously SMH at how wealth is being attributed to religion/beliefs.
Where has religion taken us so far as a nation?
Conditions should never be attached to help if one is able to do it period.

Spot on !!! We claim been "over religious", where are we as a nation?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by wurajone(f): 12:56pm On Jul 29, 2012
Lovine: Tell me this is not true of this religion

shocked shocked shocked I'm seeing tinz.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by jaybee3(m): 12:56pm On Jul 29, 2012
ekt_bear:

However, perhaps Oyedepo feels that her non-belief will condemn her to hell (given that this is what his Bible says). Given this belief, is his position not somewhat understandable?

After all, material deprivation here on earth is certainly not as bad as eternal suffering.

Perhaps in your opinion, he should simply give her the money and quietly at the same time try to convert her. But he is not evil for choosing a different route, is he? He has the freedom to choose, yes?
Would it be Ok for oyedepo to refuse to help if it was a matter of life/death situation just because someone is off different belief to his?
Would your conscience allow you do the same if you were in oyedepo's shoes?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by Chiefpriest(m): 12:58pm On Jul 29, 2012
I see u are like your ignorant boko haram fools.mohammed regreted his attrocities befor his death infact he died a Catholic.Oyedepo is a prophet whom ur mohammed will gladly follow.get ur fact before displaying ur ignorance.
Sweetnecta: the father who converted out of islam at old age is a testament to the hadith of the prophet [sa] that a people of hell will do things of paradise and he will be only a short distance [arm or ebow length] between him and paradise. then he will do the thing of people of hell before death.

the sister who is resisting the world wealthy brother will inshaAllah enjoy at the end when she complete her jihad [struggle against becoming disbeliever]. when she enters paradise, she will know that Allah is Full of Reward, Forgiving.

if wealth is the measure of Godliness, then the billionaire Bill Gates is more Godly than mere millionaire Oyedebo.

if christianity is the only true religion wonder why there are poor christans?

Allah, Almighty God gives to all, irrespective of religion. He is Al Rahman [The Merciful to all creation on the earth]
He is Al Rahim [The generously Merciful to the creations [man and jinn] who obeyed His Will in Islam.
You will know that on the Day of Assembly when worldly wealth is nothing to count on.

I pray that muslims in Lagos will come to the aid of this woman who is a sister of pharoah like personality called oyedebo.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by ektbear: 1:00pm On Jul 29, 2012
jay bee:
Would it be Ok for oyedepo to refuse to help if it was a matter of life/death situation just because someone is off different belief to his?
E.g., he sees a Muslim about to be run over by a bus or something, and refuses to intervene?

I think clearly in that case, if he can do so, he should save the life.

But that is not the same as this, yes? At least from my reading of the OP, it isn't as if the woman is literally starving to death, yes? She is very poor. But not about to be run over by a molue...

Right, so just to be clear, I am not very religious these days. Though I was in the past.

Me, I love my family too much to ever want to see them suffer. And for me personally, I would always value family over religion. But...that is my own personal decision. I cannot condemn Oyedepo for choosing a different path, can I?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by imotondo(m): 1:01pm On Jul 29, 2012
Im not going to take sides here coz i don't know what really transpired between them.this is a family matter and as such;we shouldn't sit in our homes and make such judgements.moreso,he is a man of God so God can make him take some decisions that may look silly to us..........but come to think of it,do you know how painful it is having saved others and being unable to save your own blood? Its such a hard decision to make tho.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by Mization(m): 1:02pm On Jul 29, 2012
Sweetnecta: she won't. and when oyedepo realizes this sister is in paradise and he as a wealthy pastor is not, then he will know who has really been poor and wretched all along.

And Where do u think u're going??..Heaven??. Am not in support of Oyedepo but I feel its also wrong to Judge him. Let God decide for himself and If u wanna help the Woman urself, Pls Do.Thanks and God bless.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by wurajone(f): 1:03pm On Jul 29, 2012
jay bee:

Have seen a father(an anglican) that refuses to pay his son's school fees just because the guy joined deeper life and became real(Su)as we used to call them in those days.what do u have to say to that?having it in mind that they're both christians.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by bizgynbala(m): 1:03pm On Jul 29, 2012
Billyonaire: Let her convert to Christianity, Jor.....is Islam a good thing ?
Another sick retarded bigot...
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by Bastiger(m): 1:04pm On Jul 29, 2012
kiu_usm:
Being a Muslim does not in any way make you rich. You can be rich or
poor what is important is the fear of Allah and accept the condition
you‘re in. God said in the Qur'an 2:155 And We will surely test you
with something of fear and hunger and a loss of wealth and lives and
fruits, but give good tidings to the patient,
from the above verse
we belief that God is going to test us whether you’re rich or poor. As a
Muslim it’s an article of faith to belief in destiny good or bad and we
know that this worldly life is temporal therefore it is better to
suffer in a temporary world than suffering in the hereafter i.e
permanent abode.
Christianity is all about prosperity that’s worldly thing. that
is the only thing your pastors talk about (I don’t want to say preach
because that’s not preaching we all knw) for example....
You’ll get a job
You’ll get a promotion
You’ll get a husband
You’ll give birth
You’ll become rich
You’ll pass you exams
You‘ll be successful.... and so on and so forth...all about getting wht
you want in this world.

If you remove prosperity from pastor’s mouth, I’m 100% sure no
pastor will be able to preach or say anything in the
church.......observe. They are afraid that if they start preaching about
fornication, adultery, stealing, drinking of Alcohol, gambling, 419,
immoral dressing they will not get customers again coz they are making
money out of ignorant followers.
[/b]Read the bible 4rm Geneses to Revelation you’ll be surprise with
some verses and I’m sure you ‘ll start searching for the truth. [b]Do
that b4 is too late.

who the f.uck told you christianity is all about prosperity? Well if christianity is all about prosperity,islam is all about violence(jihad).i'd rather be a prosperity pastor than be hacking people to death with the absurd promise of amassing virgins in heaven.

2 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by wurajone(f): 1:05pm On Jul 29, 2012
imotondo: Im not going to take sides here coz i don't know what really transpired between them.this is a family matter and as such;we shouldn't sit in our homes and make such judgements.moreso,he is a man of God so God can make him take some decisions that may look silly to us..........but come to think of it,do you know how painful it is having saved others and being unable to save your own blood? Its such a hard decision to make tho.

I beg tell them jare,if only they'll listen.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by antitpiah: 1:06pm On Jul 29, 2012
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by jintah4real(m): 1:08pm On Jul 29, 2012
@sweetnecta,I appreciate ur comments.I'm not surprised to hear this about oyedepo becos he is not a man of God.I'm never a fan of oyedepo and i will never be.How can u abandon ur blood sister all because she is a muslim,whereas u were born into a muslim family as well.The most painful thing to me is how u misled ur father to convert to christianity.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by Abbey2sam(m): 1:09pm On Jul 29, 2012
The muslem like dis kind of topic,anytin to condem our pastors...if the sister will not convert she can as well remain in poverty and i blive poverty never "mama her" its even still hard for me to blive that in pastor oyedepo's there is a muslem...
and talking of rejecting a muslem into convenant..the church was established for christian student,if i may ask, have you ever seen any christian in "alo class"dats a muslem school in the north......
i read quaran and i blive your imams dont teachs you wats in it,they teach you wat they want you guys"muslems" to blive
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by wurajone(f): 1:11pm On Jul 29, 2012
antitpiah:

Is this you?you be fine guy o.grin grin grin
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by monsuruad(m): 1:12pm On Jul 29, 2012
Emulti: D bishop jst did wat i wil do. I can‘t fold my arms watching my sister perish. I wil use every available means to bring her into d fold. D bishop took d decision out of love dat only d heavenly minded wil understand. Even if it‘s T.B Joshua‘s sister, he might even take more drastic action dan dis depending on d leading of d holy spirit. There is no single pattern to win souls to Christ especially for a spirit filled man!

because pastors will preach how to live your life as a king but wouldn't tell you where you will land in the hereafter.
Birds of a feather................
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by SisiKill1: 1:13pm On Jul 29, 2012
Anyone who thinks Oyedepo cares one [i]shishi [/i]about his sister's soul and where she spends eternity ought to get their head examined. This has nothing to do with concern and everything to do with CONTROL!!

Everything and everyone around him is a reflection of who he is. . .or so he thinks.

The docile to the point of having no personality of her own wife, the brainwashed children, the gullible congregation, the a$$ kissing politicians. . .he CONTROLS them all and mehn does he gets off on that. So when he comes across someone he can't control. . .the little man with a large ego takes it personally. This is why he slapped the girl who dared to contradict him, it is why he throws micro-phones at pastors who don't agree with him and is the reason he has abandoned his sister. How dare she?? Doesn't she know who he is? He told her to do something and she didn't? Errrghh, what an affront to the person he is. Oh he is so going to teach her. . .this is what is going on here.

Having a sister who is Muslim puts a dent in the "Look at me, look at me. . .I am closer to God than Jesus hissef and so is my family" image he is going for.

People say God is Love, if you truly believe that. . .how can you think Oyedepo is a man of God? One need not look too deeply to know there is nothing loving about this man. He is arrogant, cunning, deceitful, hateful, intolerant. . .in short he is everything that is the opposite of LOVE.

He is the one who needs prayers not his sister.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by logica(m): 1:14pm On Jul 29, 2012
I don't think the missionaries would've had much success in converting natives if the condition the laid out at the onset was they (the natives) had to convert to Christianity before they could be educated. But the natives freely and readily converted after being educated and obtained other benefits. Oyedepo is obviously not the missionary brand.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by benzion72(m): 1:14pm On Jul 29, 2012
The more the devil on nairaland tried to tarnish the image of the man of God the more he become popular. I know you will not desist because the devil is your father. But all the devil hell and even satan your master cannot stop us. We are more than conqueror through Christ who love us
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by oobim(m): 1:14pm On Jul 29, 2012
All these children of moHARAMed should go and continue with their fast.U guys are nowhere near to condem ur BH brothers whenever they kill.Suddenly,u all appear.It is Oyedepo's money and he will do with it whatever he wishes.help whomever he wish to help.Afterall,he aint sponsoring d bombing of muslims.Christians like money,u dont.yet,u carry ur dirty bowls begging them everyday.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by deols(f): 1:15pm On Jul 29, 2012
ekt_bear: Long story short, Muslims need to ask their god, their imams, their clerics, etc for help.

Stop asking Christians to help you.

Don't cry if you aren't given admittance to a Christian school.

Don't cry if a Christian doesn't decide to save you from penury.

If Oyedepo decides to help you, wonderful. If he doesn't, fine..that is his prerogative.

this matter isnt about Muslims asking others for help. Am sure it dossnt happen often. This is about someone denying his own blood. you may see nothing wrong wv ds since you have stated your religion has thought you nothing of such.

but someone like me is definitely awed for the beauty of Islam is seen in how you treat others. After obedience to ur God, as a rule, is obedience to ur parents. To keep d ties between ur kith nd kins is another golden rule which is not determined by religion or lifestyle. even the prophet would talk about the best of us(Muslims) as d one whose neighbours are free from his harm..

On a more general note,only a fool would continue to attribute financial success to religion. the owner of NL is an atheist,successful as I see it in his endeavour. Would he preach atheism to evry1 if they hope 2 attain his kinda success? Oh this success is d temporary one..that of the hereafter is d real deal. anx I'd rather have that just
as I hope the bishop's sis would be patient enough to.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by Abbey2sam(m): 1:16pm On Jul 29, 2012
wurajone:

Have seen a father(an anglican) that refuses to pay his son's school fees just because the guy joined deeper life and became real(Su)as we used to call them in those days.what do u have to say to that?having it in mind that they're both christians.
do u know dat there are different types of islamic,e.g izala etc..i've seen people got killed bcuz they converted from one to another islam....pls which is more worse? People
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by rajiade: 1:17pm On Jul 29, 2012
antitpiah:

And your God would have attached these conditions to something he was yet to create? Anyway, you seem very stupidd so my point is that your God as creative as he may be, it is not possible for him to attach conditions to something he was yet to create. Existence precedes essence.

Hehehehe, you can see. I choose not to exchange insults with you, but instead use you own words "stupidd" that best describes you. Your stupiddity has eaten so deep into your brain that you are finding it difficult to comprehend simple english words as used.

Don't have time 4 you. Sorrrrrrryyyyyy!!!
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by wurajone(f): 1:20pm On Jul 29, 2012
jintah4real: @sweetnecta,I appreciate ur comments.I'm not surprised to hear this about oyedepo becos he is not a man of God.I'm never a fan of oyedepo and i will never be.How can u abandon ur blood sister all because she is a muslim,whereas u were born into a muslim family as well.The most painful thing to me is how u misled ur father to convert to christianity.

Don't believe everything you heard or read,and talking about fans,he's got millions of fan already.he's got his reasons too,one of which could be"boko haram".
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by Faraidi(m): 1:20pm On Jul 29, 2012
Billyonaire: Let her convert to Christianity, Jor.....is Islam a good thing ?
you are a very big fool. Animal
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by Jarus(m): 1:21pm On Jul 29, 2012
ekt_bear:

Yet, I also hold this belief of the cousin, actually. But that doesn't blind me (and my siblings, other cousins etc) of helping her. Who knows, our generosity and kindness to her may even make her have a rethink.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (17) (Reply)

Coronavirus: Guidelines For Reopening Churches And Mosques By NCDC / Church Members Carry Their Pastor Into The Church With A Chair (Photos, Video) / Abroad Must Favour My Family (hilarious Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.