Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,730 members, 7,817,007 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:46 PM

Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” (50630 Views)

Church General Overseer Converts To Muslim And Gives Reasons / The Fastest Growing Religion In The World - Christianity Or Islam ? / Oyedepo To Establish Another University: Landmark University (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by gegee(m): 12:00pm On Jul 29, 2012
I Don't just believe this story simple and short
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by juman(m): 12:02pm On Jul 29, 2012
Live let others live.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by rajiade: 12:02pm On Jul 29, 2012
toba: who cares? when Muslim ladies told me that they can't date any man thats not a muslim. One even told me that immediately i convert to Islam, we can start talking according to whats written in the quran

May be Bishop Oyedepo being an ex muslim is just trying to give them (Muslims) give out to others

Hmmm, and can you marry a muslim lady?
Or just looking for one to useless.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by ejifranks(m): 12:03pm On Jul 29, 2012
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by antitpiah: 12:03pm On Jul 29, 2012
rajiade:

Hmmm, and can you marry a muslim lady?
Or[b] just looking for one to useless[/b].

How can a human being 'useless' another human being? What kind of stupiddd mentality is that?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by odutope(m): 12:03pm On Jul 29, 2012
So sad only a tiny population of christians in the world today understands what christianity shud be like...this is a very bad example by the so called "MOG"
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by monami2abd: 12:04pm On Jul 29, 2012
I liked the answer of this German Muslim scholar gave when he was asked about terrorism and Islam : He said : Who started the first world war ? Muslims ? Who started the second world war ? Muslims ? Who killed about 20 millions of Aborigines in Australia ? Muslims ?? Who sent the nuclear bombs of Hiroshima and Nagasaki ? Muslims ?? Who killed more than 100 millions of Indians in North America ? Muslims ?? Who killed more than 50 millions of Indians in south America ? Muslims ?? Who took about 180 millions of African people as slaves and 88% of them died and was thrown in Atlantic ocean ? Muslims ?? No , and more recently who shot over 50 ppl in a cinema @ colorado? Muslim?? They weren't Muslims!!! First of all, You have to define terrorism properly... If a non-Muslim do something bad..it is crime(SMH). But if a Muslim commit same..he is terrorist... So first remove this double standard...then come to the point!!!

If it where an imam dat gave dis condition u all will b condeming his religion but alas its a reputable pastor and u guys are here defending him... i now understand why your pastors fly around d world in private jets why you guys pack urself like sandenes in MOLUE on sundays to go listen to ur smart pastors.... Very Pathetic...SMH

P:S; really like ur pastors, really wish i can be one so i fly around the world in private jets, slap anyone i feel like slapping and change beautiful wifes as i like....... Lolllllll

6 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by rajiade: 12:06pm On Jul 29, 2012
yommy2sure:

And if Islam is the true religion why do we 10 times more poor muslims. If we r to use material wealth to judge I guess atheism or agnotiscm will be the right one 'cos a good number of the world richest dont believe or doubt the existence of God or any god.

because Islam never promises any one wordly prosperity. And it has never been a yardstick for evangelism in Islam.

2 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by ahf(m): 12:07pm On Jul 29, 2012
antitpiah:

I hope he is paying his taxes regularly because if he wants to make his own rule he better find his own land, his own electricity, his own water, his own security and hopefully he is remitting adequate tax to the govt as at when due.

I believe the university is "privately owned"
Bills for services rendered are with the institutions involved (PHCN, Water Board etc)
Taxes with the state and federal tax boards.
If he's in violation of any of these, those parties should handle it appropriately.

Why does everyone suddenly believe that wealth always brings happiness?

So what, if he refuses to share wealth with her? That's he's choice !!
For all you know, someone else from he's action can decide to give her much more than Oyedepo could.

The big diff between us and people from other countries/continents is that " THEY STAND FOR WHAT THEY BELIEVE IN"
irrespective of benefits/demerits. - AND THAT IS WHAT MAKES YOU GREAT.

In case some haven't seen this article, pls read (Nigerian Religious Definitions):-http://dailytimes.com.ng/opinion/how-worship-nigerian-god
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by alarm4: 12:07pm On Jul 29, 2012
................THIS IS THE STORY RELATING TO THE RICH MAN AND THE POOR MAN LAZARUS..IN THE HOLY BIBLE.....but come to think of it,,, isn't not said that love ur niegbhour as urself and it will be very had for a carmel to pass tru an eye of niddle....if only all this so called wealthy rich men will an examplary life like JESUS....
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by deeplow: 12:07pm On Jul 29, 2012
The World is just a word
Life is a secret
Maybe some judgements are wrong
Maybe our job is to keep it
Maybe the Piano is a "race"
Maybe the truth doesn't have a face..................
It is all behind a smile.why can't we all just stop bashing other religions.let everbody do what they like.if GOD didn't want to test our faiths,he would have created us,having a single religion.please let's stop criticizing people based on religion.we will all die at some point n know the truth.at least till then,let's just be tolerant.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by curtain: 12:08pm On Jul 29, 2012
who are his brodas and parent? Those dat felowshp with him in spirit and in truth. she has chosen to remain poor in spirit bt her blackmail tactics is too obsolete. Which is preferd btw givin her fish or teaching her 2 catch them, This type of women chose 2 remain islam because of the fetish part they enjoy frm it.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by FindOut(m): 12:09pm On Jul 29, 2012
Becacia_Barbie: Am not supporting anyone hr! Bt seriously, aint u guys tired of pointing fingers at others errors?? U ve no right to judge or condemn him, let His Creator do dat. Oh he did all dat? Fine! What abt u? Oh u vent sinned today abi? Or u think one sin is bigger than d other ehn? God will judge nd condemn those who judge nd condemn others. Note: Am a Redeemer.

OK, but if it was d oda way round, i.e. Rich muslim leader refusing to help his poor xtian blood sister, would you have said the same thing you said?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by Sweetnecta: 12:09pm On Jul 29, 2012
@Shilaman:
A beg GTH.U don start dis ur fake talk abi. Go sleep joh
whats a gth.u? i just woke up and what is fake talk in standing for my belief and hope the oppressed lady is aided so that her oppressor is not going to succeed over her? are you alright?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by BecaciaBarbie(f): 12:11pm On Jul 29, 2012
pimps:
Mr redeemer its important to nope that where there is nope rule there won't be standard. And when that is lacking u nope ur gues is as good as mine. I will advice u stop using that slogan.
What jargons is dis Som one plz interpret dis nonsense for me! Plz go tru ur comment again, it makes no sense! Na wa o!
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by Lovine: 12:11pm On Jul 29, 2012
yommy2sure:

What about Boko Haram and the beggars that flood the streets, Mosques, etc?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by Lovine: 12:11pm On Jul 29, 2012
yommy2sure:

What about Boko Haram and the beggers that flood the streets, Mosques, etc?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by juman(m): 12:11pm On Jul 29, 2012
gegee: I Don't just believe this story simple and short

I also think that way.

Because in Yoruba land particularly in kwara south we have many families with large proportion of Muslims and christians.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by andyzoga: 12:12pm On Jul 29, 2012
ekt_bear: This woman should cry out to her god. If her god is not strong enough to save her from penury, then perhaps she had better listen very well to her brother's advice, and consider choosing the God of her brother.

Or of what use is this god she serves if she remains in poverty?

Or does she want to benefit from Oyedepo's God while also serving another?
Abi o! Ask them bro.
Funny enuf, d busy man of God neva read all their useless comments. . .lol. Doesn't dat call for another concern by the idle commentators who do worse things to their siblings n parents?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by rajiade: 12:12pm On Jul 29, 2012
ekt_bear: He is not denying her care. He is attaching conditions to the care!

So you are not a man of God any more if you attach conditions to the care someone asks for

If God, your creator had attached conditions to your existence, what would be your condition today?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by antitpiah: 12:13pm On Jul 29, 2012
ahf:

I believe the university is "privately owned"
Bills for services rendered are with the institutions involved (PHCN, Water Board etc)
Taxes with the state and federal tax boards.
If he's in violation of any of these, those parties should handle it appropriately.

Why does everyone suddenly believe that wealth always brings happiness?

So what, if he refuses to share wealth with her? That's he's choice !!
For all you know, someone else from he's action can decide to give her much more than Oyedepo could.

The big diff between us and people from other countries/continents is that " THEY STAND FOR WHAT THEY BELIEVE IN"
irrespective of benefits/demerits. - AND THAT IS WHAT MAKES YOU GREAT.

In case some haven't seen this article, pls read (Nigerian Religious Definitions):-http://dailytimes.com.ng/opinion/how-worship-nigerian-god

Why are you so stupidddd? The school is on a land that belongs to the FG of Nigeri, not the FG of Oyedepo or Jesus. If the FGN says no discrimination on the basis of religion, so shall it be. Now if he wants to make religion a factor in the admission process, he should go somewhere else where the laws of the land permit such nonsense. As long as he wants to remain in Nigeria, it is illegal for him to discriminate people based on their beliefs.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by ernestleon(m): 12:14pm On Jul 29, 2012
Becacia_Barbie: Am not supporting anyone hr! Bt seriously, aint u guys tired of pointing fingers at others errors?? U ve no right to judge or condemn him, let His Creator do dat. Oh he did all dat? Fine! What abt u? Oh u vent sinned today abi? Or u think one sin is bigger than d other ehn? God will judge nd condemn those who judge nd condemn others. Note: Am a Redeemer.
Jesus is our Redeemer not you nor E.A
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by Jarus(m): 12:14pm On Jul 29, 2012
ekt_bear: This woman should cry out to her god. If her god is not strong enough to save her from penury, then perhaps she had better listen very well to her brother's advice, and consider choosing the God of her brother.

Or of what use is this god she serves if she remains in poverty?

Or does she want to benefit from Oyedepo's God while also serving another?
I'm highly surprised you believe worldly wealth is a measure of ability or otherwise of a God.
In any case, the cousin that converted to Christianity is the poorest in our own family, with her husband. Yet, we didn't abandon her. And in all modesty, just 2 days ago, she sent me an sms for financial assistance and, as usual, I offered.

The biggest trick people fall for in this part of the world is this 'serve my God and become rich' preachment. I wonder how people fall this kind of things when an average common sense is enough to know that there are poor Muslims, just as there are Christians and ditto for financial success. After all, Abiola, richest man in Nigeria until his death was a Muslim, same for his successor, Aliko Dangote.

I remember when we were in the university, our Christian and fellowship-going friends made it look as if academic success is a function of their spirituality. Every semester, they wondered how those of us that were not just Muslims, but practising ones, trounced them in exams. I even remember one room mate that, when Adeboye visited our campus and prayer rains fell in the capacity-filled venue, all Christians that attended the event will make 5 point that semester. How lowly can a university student think!

My point is, it is no brainer that anybody can succeed in this world, in terms of material possession or some other possessions, irrespective of religious affiliation.

All this my God cannot make you poor is arrant BS to me. If you want to preach to me, go to the root of my belief, compare the basis, the foundations, the scriptures, the fundamental beliefs and let's compare notes on that. Not some tale by moonlight that I am poor because I don't worship your God.

5 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by rajiade: 12:15pm On Jul 29, 2012
andyzoga:
Abi o! Ask them bro.
Funny enuf, d busy man of God neva read all their useless comments. . .lol. Doesn't dat call for another concern by the[b] idle commentators[b] who do worse things to their siblings n parents?

Sure your are not left out
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by CLIQBOY(m): 12:16pm On Jul 29, 2012
Billyonaire: Let her convert to Christianity, Jor.....is Islam a good thing ?
U ARE NOT M3NTALLY OKAY!
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by antitpiah: 12:17pm On Jul 29, 2012
Jarus:
I'm highly surprised you believe worldly wealth is a measure of ability or otherwise of a God.
In any case, the cousin that converted to Christianity is the poorest in our own family, with her husband. Yet, we didn't abandon her. And in all modesty, just 2 days ago, she sent me an sms for financial assistance and, as usual, I offered.

The biggest trick people fall for in this part of the world is this 'serve my God and become rich' preachment. I wonder how people fall this kind of things when an average common sense is enough to know that there are poor Muslims, just as there are Christians and ditto for poverty. After all, Abiola, richest man in Nigeria until his death was a Muslim, same for his successor, Aliko Dangote.

I remember when we were in the university, our Christian and fellowship-going friends made it look as if academic success is a function of their spirituality. Every semester, they wondered how those of us that were not just Muslims, but practising ones, trounced them in exams.

My point is, it is no brainer that anybody can succeed in this world, in terms of material possession or some other possessions, irrespective of religious affiliation.

All this my God cannot make you poor is arrant BS to me. If you want to preach to me, go to the root of my belief, compare the basis, the foundations, the scriptures, the fundamental beliefs and let's compare notes on that. Not some tale by moonlight that I am poor because I don't worship your God.

He is just trolling!
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by SimplySEA(m): 12:18pm On Jul 29, 2012
watch~tower:
Im not a fan of oyedepo and sure will never be. He gives me more reasons, with each passing day, to dislike him, and all y'all bleepers going to attack me becos of this post should be prepared to rot in hell because not a single one of u knows a thing about the bible and Christianity. Honestly, i don't understand why some of u still worship ur men of God, instead of the real GOD!
Accordin to d book of proverbs, the man who believes he knos enough actually doesn't kno...... Hey i'm neutral here! But i don't tink i'd neglect anybody in need cos of religion! I give alms mainly to muslims brothers..... Hav 2good frenz who're muslims! I mean very good frenz.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by BecaciaBarbie(f): 12:19pm On Jul 29, 2012
You guys should stop this nonsense! Please!!! No religion is better than the other, so far we all worship One God! We all have our diffrt beliefs nd ethnics...but we serve only One God! Whether u are a Muslim or a Christian...it doesnt matter to God! What matters to Him is ur heart. A christian dat goes to church everyday whose heart isnt right before God will rot in hell, likewise a Muslim! God is Holy nd He doesnt care if u are a christian or a Muslim! All he needs is ur Heart nd for ur ways to be pleasing in His sight. Don't condemn any religion cause only God knows who is serving Him nd who isnt! Let Him be the Judge!!!
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by antitpiah: 12:20pm On Jul 29, 2012
rajiade:

If God, your creator had attached conditions to your existence, what would be your condition today?

I am sorry, you ask too many stupiddd questions. Why would his creator attach a condition to his creation? How could the creator have attached a condition to something he is yet to create? There is an existential question issue here?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by Mrchippychappy(m): 12:21pm On Jul 29, 2012
I don't see anything wrong with what he said :

An imam would rather tell you "convert to islam or get bombed" . So which would you rather here . The one from the pastor or the one from the Imam
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by rajiade: 12:22pm On Jul 29, 2012
Lovine: yommy2sure:

What about Boko Haram and the beggers that flood the streets, Mosques, etc?

And there are no christian beggers on the streets of Nigeria. Those who use the Bible to beg in molue buses, market places and on the streets are unfortunate Christians abi? . Or its their sins that is that much, such that God can't forgive other than make them beg.

2 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by ektbear: 12:22pm On Jul 29, 2012
Becacia_Barbie: You guys should stop this nonsense! Please!!! No religion is better than the other, so far we all worship One God! We all have our diffrt beliefs nd ethnics...but we serve only One God! Whether u are a Muslim or a Christian...it doesnt matter to God! What matters to Him is ur heart. A christian dat goes to church everyday whose heart isnt right before God will rot in hell, likewise a Muslim! God is Holy nd He doesnt care if u are a christian or a Muslim! All he needs is ur Heart nd for ur ways to be pleasing in His sight. Don't condemn any religion cause only God knows who is serving Him nd who isnt! Let Him be the Judge!!!

Confusionist nonsense.

If you are a Christian, you had better re-read your Bible and see what it has to say about the fate of non-believers.

Worship "One God" indeed.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Top 10 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Is Not God / Coronavirus: Guidelines For Reopening Churches And Mosques By NCDC / Church Members Carry Their Pastor Into The Church With A Chair (Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.