Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,705 members, 7,816,889 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:35 PM

Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” (50628 Views)

Church General Overseer Converts To Muslim And Gives Reasons / The Fastest Growing Religion In The World - Christianity Or Islam ? / Oyedepo To Establish Another University: Landmark University (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by Eltonluigi(m): 10:35am On Jul 29, 2012
Why would anybody apply for admission in a religious institution when you doesn't adhere to their belief? BTW goin' by what most folks are sayin' me think the pastor's sister should accept the offer or be killed by abject poverty in earth and enjoy later in paradise. Either way there is lot of money to blow!
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by uyplus(m): 10:35am On Jul 29, 2012
I support him!! Cos I live in the north, and I hate ds sets of human beings called muslims!! Imagine someone sayg he is fasting, eatin 4:30am in da morning, and stayg hungry all day untill 6pm!crap of a religion!!!if a muslim converts to xtianity in core islamic countries da persn wld b stoned to death!bunch of fooolish asssholes with high libido, blvn dey'll goto heavn to drink beeer and sleeep with virgins(just imagne wot a sane human being wld crave for in eternal paradise)! Shit!! Luk at evry country with dense populatn of muslims, and tel me ow well dey r doin!UAE and oda islmaic countries dt suceeed dnt affiliate wiv co-islamic countries, y?den muhammed wld tel dem to kill infidels and unbelivrs, and fight for the cause of islam!is ur god cripple dt he cnt fight for hmslf?mst humans fight for hm?u pray according to the position of the sun n moonlight, and u dnt call that diabolic ryt?washin ur legs n hands(abulution) b4 prayg mks u clean abi?washn ur penis wen u urinate mks u clean abi?dts y I love xtianity!!serving GoD is more spiritually inclined and nt physically!! Dnt u gt tired prayg repetitv pryrs?counting beads n all?y do u hv radical imams who preach violence?

4 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by ibrossss: 10:35am On Jul 29, 2012
My dear sister in Islam dnt mind ur bros because ur reward frm diong dis jihad will cum Frm Allah(hereafter) Islam is d tru religion!

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by Nobody: 10:36am On Jul 29, 2012
ekt_bear: @oyb: OK, so you think that this is coercion. I hope that you are not saying that he must support her financially, with no strings attached?

Who on earth gives money to ANYONE in the world with no strings attached? grin

So, what stipulations is he allowed to place on the support?

you done stay yankee too long- everything money must come with condition - overapitalism

my brother may be doing a master degree in the uk - will i give a condition for contributing my widow's mite?

did you dad give you conditions when he was giving you an allowance as a kid?

this stuff can be applied in the workplace, but with family - unless the relative is a junkie or complete lush or 100% failure. . .

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by ektbear: 10:37am On Jul 29, 2012
This woman is a very fake Muslim, by the way.

What type of Muslim wants to put food in her mouth from essentially Bishop Oyedepo's church

Doesn't she have more pride than that? Or more faith in her own god?

Shouldn't one feel ashamed that it is some other religion that is feeding you rather than the one you claim

She is a very shameless and useless woman.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by ektbear: 10:39am On Jul 29, 2012
oyb:

you done stay yankee too long- everything money must come with condition - overapitalism

my brother may be doing a master degree in the uk - will i give a condition for contributing my widow's mite?
If your brother decides to his masters degree in Sociology of Alaska Fisherman tribes, won't you caution your brother against it and refuse to give money to a venture you are so strongly against?

did you dad give you conditions when he was giving you an allowance as a kid?
shocked

Of course! Do you give your son allowance without conditions?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by Nobody: 10:39am On Jul 29, 2012
ekt_bear: @oyb: So how many of your family members do you give money unless they "roll the way i roll?"

Who on earth gives money to someone else no-strings-attached?

americana

most nigerians give some form of support to their extended families, be it montly stipend for parents, putting siblings through school etc.

it is not always convenient to do, but we do it.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by khattab008: 10:41am On Jul 29, 2012
ekt_bear: How much money has the Sultan of Sokoto given to Christians?
Hw much money has Oritsejafor given to muslims i beg joor
During the time of Jesus Christ Horse was wat d rich use did Jesus or any of his Disciples own a horse but dis days dis so called "Men of God" even own private helicopter its absurd any rich human being regardless of religion dat sees a poor man and can't help is a fool cos as a Man of God he should know dat his wealth came from God and he easily take it Back

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by ektbear: 10:41am On Jul 29, 2012
@oyb: Even those who are living a lifestyle you disapprove of? You give them money even as they continue in that lifestyle?

Anyway, whatever. Oyedepo is not obliged to live his life by the rules other Nigerians live them. He is entitled to live his life according to the rules of religion.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by Nobody: 10:43am On Jul 29, 2012
ekt_bear:
If your brother decides to his masters degree in Sociology of Alaska Fisherman tribes, won't you caution your brother against it and refuse to give money to a venture you are so strongly against?

well, to be frank, nigerians no dey do funny courses like that. no one go tell you twice.

[/quote]
[/quote]

oh well, my folks didn't give me any conditions. ditto for most of my friends and we turned out alright

maybe a scholarship can come attached with conditions, but what conditions for a weekly allowance?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by mikedaniel76gmailcom(m): 10:43am On Jul 29, 2012
Dawdy: Alhaja die in poverty and enter
jannah ,world is paradise of Christians

Gosh!!! Control dat tin u call mouth joor!!!
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by ektbear: 10:44am On Jul 29, 2012
khattab008:
Hw much money has Oritsejafor given to muslims i beg joor
During the time of Jesus Christ Horse was wat d rich use did Jesus or any of his Disciples own a horse but dis days dis so called "Men of God" even own private helicopter its absurd any rich human being regardless of religion dat sees a poor man and can't help is a fool cos as a Man of God he should know dat his wealth came from God and he easily take it Back

Oyedepo serves Jesus Christ.

if you are an impoverished man who serves Allah, Vishnu or some other god, what right do you have to ask the servant of some other God to help you?

Ask a servant of Allah, Vishnu or whatever god you serve to help you.

Don't ask the property of Jesus to help you, unless you serve Jesus!
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by khattab008: 10:44am On Jul 29, 2012
ekt_bear: This woman is a very fake Muslim, by the way.

What type of Muslim wants to put food in her mouth from essentially Bishop Oyedepo's church

Doesn't she have more pride than that? Or more faith in her own god?

Shouldn't one feel ashamed that it is some other religion that is feeding you rather than the one you claim

She is a very shameless and useless woman.
Any By d way d OP did 'nt say d sister went to beg for anything D stupid Bishop is d one talkin and not his Sister
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by ektbear: 10:47am On Jul 29, 2012
oyb:

well, to be frank, nigerians no dey do funny courses like that. no one go tell you twice.

oh well, my folks didn't give me any conditions. ditto for most of my friends and we turned out alright

maybe a scholarship can come attached with conditions, but what conditions for a weekly allowance?

Well you are/were lucky I guess. We've always had strings attached. Heck, even with my sisters I attach strings to my gifts. I bought my sister a laptop last month. But made her do her French lessons before I bought it..
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by Jenwitemi(m): 10:49am On Jul 29, 2012
There are many people on this planet who do that. That is what is called, LOVE. If you only give in order to receive, you give NOTHING.
ekt_bear: @oyb: So how many of your family members do you give money unless they "roll the way i roll?"

Who on earth gives money to someone else no-strings-attached?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by khattab008: 10:49am On Jul 29, 2012
ekt_bear:

if you are an impoverished man who serves Allah, Vishnu or some other god, what right do you have to ask the servant of some other God to help you?

Impoverished ke see u know nothin about me and u should know dat dere are also impoverished christians out there Oyedepo could divert dis money he would no give to his Sister cos she's a muslim to them as far as am concerned this man is just a stinky stingy pastor
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by ektbear: 10:50am On Jul 29, 2012
Long story short, Muslims need to ask their god, their imams, their clerics, etc for help.

Stop asking Christians to help you.

Don't cry if you aren't given admittance to a Christian school.

Don't cry if a Christian doesn't decide to save you from penury.

If Oyedepo decides to help you, wonderful. If he doesn't, fine..that is his prerogative.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by Lovine: 10:51am On Jul 29, 2012
How many of you have asked this his so called sister before you drew conclusion to this story? Why do Nairaland talks too much about Christian religion and her leaders but never say anything about these Muslims that treats their wives like slaves. Koran 4:34. Lets be realistic here, though don't support the story how many Muslims supports their sibling converts to Christianity or Hindu?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by tintingz(m): 10:51am On Jul 29, 2012
angry this MoG a.k.a pastors are illuminantis...no difference

Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by wurajone(f): 10:53am On Jul 29, 2012
khattab008:
Any By d way d OP did 'nt say dat d went to beg for anything D stupid Bishop is d one talkin and not his Sister

Stop it!! You better watch your tongue, the way you speak about this man before the wrath of GOD will descend on you.Don't always believe everything your heard or read!!
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by Nobody: 10:55am On Jul 29, 2012
ekt_bear:

Well you are/were lucky I guess. We've always had strings attached. Heck, even with my sisters I attach strings to my gifts. I bought my sister a laptop last month. But made her do her French lessons before I bought it..

the reward system. . .

i'm not so sure about it. . .

for me its like saying you need fiscal incentives to do the right thing

and everything will be measured in terms of "whats in it for me?"

i understand conditions for things like scholarships - but for family - what you need to do is instil the right values (by living those same values)- maybe gifts for outstanding achievements, but to tie everthing to conditions

i call my sis - hey, can you get me this shoe - its $50 - i don't expect her to attach conditions to it , because she knows i would not call her if i didn't need it. and vice versa.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by nagoma(m): 10:55am On Jul 29, 2012
ekt_bear: This woman should cry out to her god. If her god is not strong enough to save her from penury, then perhaps she had better listen very well to her brother's advice, and consider choosing the God of her brother.
Or of what use is this god she serves if she remains in poverty?
Or does she want to benefit from Oyedepo's God while also serving another?

It's very clear that your Christianity is not about piety and glorifying God but about greed for material processions in this world. All the pastors may be affluent but not all Christians are rich , and we know where the pastors' affluence comes from - the brainless followers. Continue to deceive them. Service to a particular God has no correlation with ammount of worldly processions.

2 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by Whymee: 10:56am On Jul 29, 2012
yommy2sure:

And if Islam is the true religion why do we 10 times more poor muslims. If we r to use material wealth to judge I guess atheism or agnotiscm will be the right one 'cos a good number of the world richest dont believe or doubt the existence of God or any god.

Who told you there are 10 times poor Muslims than Christians, this is not competitions, am tired of having chat with Christians who see Islam as competing with Christianity.
Say, numbers of churches, they claimed churches outnumber mosque
Say, Converts, they claimed more convert into christianity from Islam
Say, Profession or qualification, they claim they have more in Christianity
Say, modesty, they claimed Christians is this and that
Talk of fasting, they say their fasting is more severe than that of Islam.
Talk of Allah, they say Jesus is superior to Allah
Talk of assistance, they say Christians do assist than Muslim
Talk of Revelations, they say the qurian copied the bible.
Talk of sickness, they say good Christians don't fall sick
Talk of death, they say, dou shall not die but have everlasting life
Talk of population and poverty they say, Numbers of Christians are more than Muslims

If you admit all these, why then denial fact that more Christians are in the hospitals, mortuary, public bus (molue), prison, okoda riders, area boys etc than muslims.

Be wise
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by ignis: 10:56am On Jul 29, 2012
Dawdy: Alhaja die in poverty and enter
jannah ,world is paradise of Christians
What more could come out of your fish brain? How can world be paradise for christian?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by Alameen3: 10:56am On Jul 29, 2012
Oyedepo is a disappointment to humanity and a proved man of devil. How can U̶̲̥̅̊ put your blood sister on condition before she could be assisted? Was jesus rich? No,he was very poor as evident in both Quran and Bible; so, who are u following, jesus or devil? A lot of Christian students have been admitted into Muslims owned institutions and were not being forced to convert. If ur followers are all blind, they should by now know that u are nothing but a devil sent pastor.
To Alhaja Sarat, be contented and Allah will provide for u. Muslims in Lagos should please come to her aid as part of what islam preaches more so in this month of Ramadhan. Nairalanders should get her account number for assistance from anyone that cares.

2 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by wurajone(f): 10:56am On Jul 29, 2012
khattab008:
Impoverished ke see u know nothin about me and u should know dat dere are also impoverished christians out there Oyedepo could divert dis money he would no give to his Sister cos she's a muslim to them as far as am concerned this man is just a stinky stingy pastor

U guys r just saying wht u don't understand. Bishop oyedepo has chosen his own belief and followed suit and he is reaping the benefit. Whoever believes in his ministry will follow him. Same waY his sister stuck to wht she believed in. Let her reap from where she stuck to, she wants to eat her cake n have it. Its not bishop that caused her living in abject poverty. As far as I'm concerned bishop doesn't have power to make pple rich. Its only God that makes rich. We have wealthier pple in ds country than Bishop, whose source of wealth are questionable. Let her fellow islams come to her rescue and Stop all ds propagandas

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by Nobody: 10:57am On Jul 29, 2012
Sweetnecta: @Toba: Mr. Muslim skirt chaser, no skirt will be available to you. And if you become muslim, you will be tested because your level of hatred for Islam needs to be a factor like in the Biblical testing of the spirit to see if its of God. You have a long hard road to trek mehn because of your hypocrisy. There are helen and veronica and sally as easy picking for you.

No i dont hate Muslims but i detest some of the teachings of islam. Oyedepo is simply giving back what u people are giving to others
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by Nobody: 10:59am On Jul 29, 2012
ekt_bear:

now you tell me - what would Jesus do?

the actions of oyedepo are in stark contrast to the actions of missionaries everywhere

do you think missionaries would be able to convert communities if they came, set up shop then said - all of these goodies, bottled water, medicine, night lights etc can only be your if you worship our God?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by ektbear: 11:00am On Jul 29, 2012
oyb:

the reward system. . .

i'm not so sure about it. . .

for me its like saying you need fiscal incentives to do the right thing

and everything will be measured in terms of "whats in it for me?"

i understand conditions for things like scholarships - but for family - what you need to do is instil the right values (by living those same values)- maybe gifts for outstanding achievements, but to tie everthing to conditions

i call my sis - hey, can you get me this shoe - its $50 - i don't expect her to attach conditions to it , because she knows i would not call her if i didn't need it. and vice versa.

Oh, if it is a legitimate emergency/necessity, then I'll do it with no questions asked.

So in this sense, my previous laptop example was poor.

But...perhaps Oyedepo considers her conversion to Christianity more important than her poverty? Is this it then so unreasonable to attach strings?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by wurajone(f): 11:00am On Jul 29, 2012
Alameen@3:
Oyedepo is a disappointment to humanity and a proved man of devil. How can U̶̲̥̅̊ put your blood sister on condition before she could be assisted? Was jesus rich? No,he was very poor as evident in both Quran and Bible; so, who are u following, jesus or devil? A lot of Christian students have been admitted into Muslims owned institutions and were not being forced to convert. If ur followers are all blind, they should by now know that u are nothing but a devil sent pastor.
To Alhaja Sarat, be contented and Allah will provide for u. Muslims in Lagos should please come to her aid as part of what islam preaches more so in this month of Ramadhan. Nairalanders should get her account number for assistance from anyone that cares.

Acct no ko,acct balance ni...If you have nothing intelligent to add,just write "Lol" don't let your comment on here show your cerebral unclothedness.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by Megabyts(m): 11:02am On Jul 29, 2012
Must every body convert to xristianity b4 they become rich? Are all christains rich?

3 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by nagoma(m): 11:02am On Jul 29, 2012
ekt_bear: Long story short, Muslims need to ask their god, their imams, their clerics, etc for help.
Stop asking Christians to help you.
Don't cry if you aren't given admittance to a Christian school.
Don't cry if a Christian doesn't decide to save you from penury.
If Oyedepo decides to help you, wonderful. If he doesn't, fine..that is his prerogative.

If this lady was actually asking for help, she was not asking Christians to help her. She was asking her own brother. Remember he was the one who converted to Christianity , does that mean they are no longer blood relatives. That's real religious tolerance for you.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Top 10 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Is Not God / Coronavirus: Guidelines For Reopening Churches And Mosques By NCDC / Church Members Carry Their Pastor Into The Church With A Chair (Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.