Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,766 members, 7,817,113 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:16 AM

Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” (50636 Views)

Church General Overseer Converts To Muslim And Gives Reasons / The Fastest Growing Religion In The World - Christianity Or Islam ? / Oyedepo To Establish Another University: Landmark University (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by wurajone(f): 1:24pm On Jul 29, 2012
Abbey2sam:
do u know dat there are different types of islamic,e.g izala etc..i've seen people got killed bcuz they converted from one to another islam....pls which is more worse? People

So this is not new to you,why blaming the bishop then?he's got his reasons,and this is more like a family issue too.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by oobim(m): 1:24pm On Jul 29, 2012
i no knw say moHARAMed children plenty like ds for nairaland.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by deols(f): 1:25pm On Jul 29, 2012
freecocoa: See wahala o.

If she doesn't like the GOD of Christianity and won't convert to christianity,why expect a christian who serves a God she doesn't believe in to help her?

Abegi make she pray to allah and let him come to her aid.

It is good to know how christians think..the likes of this prove me right about chrisianity.

and btw,nothing in d post says she was begging him. The bishop is d one speaking 2 her.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by kilimanjaro(m): 1:26pm On Jul 29, 2012
afam4eva: I can't believe that some Christians on here are supporting the pastor's behavior. These are the same people that will castigate the white man for discriminating against the black population. I think the whites whould tell all the black people in their various countries to tint their skin or else they'll be deported because it seems to me that Black people are the worse kind of people in the world. The're wicked, evil and not tolerant of other people. Infact, if black people were the slave masters during the days of slavery, it would still have been practiced till date.

It reeks of inhumanity to deprive someone of admission becausez of his belief. Shame Shame shame.
They are heartless people! Imagine them supporting a Beast that refused his biological sister's help because of one religion?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by Belmot(m): 1:26pm On Jul 29, 2012
Sowing the seed for more hatred......u guys ought to be carefull of what you post on front page.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by deols(f): 1:26pm On Jul 29, 2012
aneldaking: my brothe and sisters i happen 2 live in sokoto where d sultan resides at least i can say much about d sultan and his religion biznez in tryin to convert xtians with a car house and 500k men u guys dnt knw hw happy m i to hear dat a man of God like oyedepo is is making xpliot with his religion meaning dat he has seen wat d ordinary eyes cn nt c go and ask wat sanusi broda is passing tru ask wat dasuki son is going tru also ask if a sokoto indegene wo is a muslim can convert to a xtian and still b alive rubish .xtians r u gud to go, xtians gu to go gud to go gud to go oyedepo may God bless u carry on sir nonsence ndi na pku ishi na la hahahahahhahahahahhahahahahah i dey tell u i suffer inferiority complex in sokoto bauchi,zamfara,kebbi and kwara .

two wrongs dont ever make a right dude. But since u av nothing scriptural 2 guide u in ds circumstance, I cant really blame u for ur thoughts
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by kilimanjaro(m): 1:34pm On Jul 29, 2012
Jarus:
I'm highly surprised you believe worldly wealth is a measure of ability or otherwise of a God.
In any case, the cousin that converted to Christianity is the poorest in our own family, with her husband. Yet, we didn't abandon her. And in all modesty, just 2 days ago, she sent me an sms for financial assistance and, as usual, I offered.

The biggest trick people fall for in this part of the world is this 'serve my God and become rich' preachment. I wonder how people fall this kind of things when an average common sense is enough to know that there are poor Muslims, just as there are Christians and ditto for financial success. After all, Abiola, richest man in Nigeria until his death was a Muslim, same for his successor, Aliko Dangote.

I remember when we were in the university, our Christian and fellowship-going friends made it look as if academic success is a function of their spirituality. Every semester, they wondered how those of us that were not just Muslims, but practising ones, trounced them in exams. I even remember one room mate that, when Adeboye visited our campus and prayer rains fell in the capacity-filled venue, all Christians that attended the event will make 5 point that semester. How lowly can a university student think!

My point is, it is no brainer that anybody can succeed in this world, in terms of material possession or some other possessions, irrespective of religious affiliation.

All this my God cannot make you poor is arrant BS to me. If you want to preach to me, go to the root of my belief, compare the basis, the foundations, the scriptures, the fundamental beliefs and let's compare notes on that. Not some tale by moonlight that I am poor because I don't worship your God.
Thank you

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by Lucaskid(m): 1:35pm On Jul 29, 2012
Billyonaire: Let her convert to Christianity, Jor.....is Islam a good thing ?
u re a fool ur brain lack platetet full time olodo!!!
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by Lucaskid(m): 1:35pm On Jul 29, 2012
u re a fool ur brain lack platetet ,full time olodo!!!
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by Lucaskid(m): 1:36pm On Jul 29, 2012
u re a fool ur brain lack platetet ,full time olodo!!!who make u billonaire,islam is a religion of peace take it or leave it.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by drzed: 1:39pm On Jul 29, 2012
ekt_bear: How many Christians are there studying at King Fahd University in Saudi Arabia?

For your information there are MANY Christians studying (or have studied) in King Fahd University. Many are applying even in Nigeria as we speak. There are also many Christians currently working full time in King Fahd University. A lot of them from Nigeria too. Just to mention a few Christian staff (with links where available):

1). Mr. Adewale Adejumo (PE Department)
2). Dr. Robert Opoku (Management and Marketing Department): http://faculty.kfupm.edu.sa/MGM/opoku/
3). Prof. George Stegeman (Electrical Engineering) http://faculty.kfupm.edu.sa/EE/stegeman/
4). Anthony Donova (English Language Dept)
5). Filippo Beltrami Gadola (Architecture Dept): http://www3.kfupm.edu.sa/arch/Arc_People/beltrami.html
6). Dr. Aldo Vesnaver (Earth Sciences)
7). Dr.Michael A. Kaminski (Earth Sciences)
8.). Dr. Giulio Vignoli (Earth Sciences)
9). Dr Giovanni Menanno (Earth Sciences)
10). Dr. Stephen Binns (Mathematics): http://faculty.kfupm.edu.sa/MATH/binns/
11). Dr. Robert Heffernan (Mathematics):http://faculty.kfupm.edu.sa/MATH/heffernan/
12).Dr. Jan Pieter Hogendijk (Mathematics):http://www1.kfupm.edu.sa/math/Faculty_pages/Adj_hogend.htm
13). Dr. Stefanos Orfanos (Mathematics): http://faculty.kfupm.edu.sa/MATH/sorfanos/
14). Dr. Uwe Shauz (Mathematics): http://faculty.kfupm.edu.sa/MATH/schauz/
15). Prof. Wolfgang Forner (Chemistry): http://faculty.kfupm.edu.sa/CHEM/forner/
16). Dr. Dr. Herman Perzanowski (Chemistry): http://faculty.kfupm.edu.sa/CHEM/herman/
17). Dr. Jayprakash S. Chadchan - Probably a Hindu(City/Regional Planning): http://www1.kfupm.edu.sa/crp/jpchadchan/index.htm
18). The Late Prof. Olusegun Wallace (Economist) and his wife Rosemary Wallace

There are many more Christians in Engineering Departments (i.e. Computer, Civil, Mechanical, Aerospace, Systems, Chemical) as well as in English Language Dept, Finance Dept, Information and computer science Dept, etc. There are also Research Institutes and semi-independent colleges affiliated to this University which I have not even touched/mentioned. Google is always there for the extra curious.

And this list is from King Fahd University ONLY. Which is just one of MANY Saudi Universities. There are thousands of Christians in other universities, colleges and private sector/industry. Not one of them will tell you he was harassed or coerced to convert to Islam. The personal web pages of some of these Christians are provided above. Email them and ask for yourself. Make e no be like say I dey form lie give una.

So Mr (or Mrs) ekt_bear, kindly verify your facts before making wild insinuations which border on the inaccurate (read: untrue). Dont assume. KNOW for sure, before you make any claims.

Oh, by the way, you are welcome! ...for thanking me deep down in your heart for enlightening you on this matter grin

cheers

2 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by wurajone(f): 1:40pm On Jul 29, 2012
Lucaskid: u re a fool ur brain lack platetet ,full time olodo!!!who make u billonaire,islam is a religion of peace take it or leave it.

Peace indeed!! Go and say that in the north oh,you go hear am.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by Elueme: 1:42pm On Jul 29, 2012
Sweetnecta: the father who converted out of islam at old age is a testament to the hadith of the prophet [sa] that a people of hell will do things of paradise and he will be only a short distance [arm or ebow length] between him and paradise. then he will do the thing of people of hell before death.

the sister who is resisting the world wealthy brother will inshaAllah enjoy at the end when she complete her jihad [struggle against becoming disbeliever]. when she enters paradise, she will know that Allah is Full of Reward, Forgiving.

if wealth is the measure of Godliness, then the billionaire Bill Gates is more Godly than mere millionaire Oyedebo.

if christianity is the only true religion wonder why there are poor christans?

Allah, Almighty God gives to all, irrespective of religion. He is Al Rahman [The Merciful to all creation on the earth]
He is Al Rahim [The generously Merciful to the creations [man and jinn] who obeyed His Will in Islam.
You will know that on the Day of Assembly when worldly wealth is nothing to count on.

I pray that muslims in Lagos will come to the aid of this woman who is a sister of pharoah like personality called oyedebo.
Don't judge so that you won't be judged.. This thread was created for trouble, don't fall for it

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by thefunclubenterprise(m): 1:43pm On Jul 29, 2012
manmustwac: Why should anyone have to convert to another religion just to enter School? This is more proof that religion divides people.

The school isn't meant for him!
I don't know why u guys sound like kids o!

What is a muslim boy looking for in a christain school!

Do you know about 20% of their activities in that school is Christian in nature?

Then how will he cope?

If they ask him to convert now, una go talk

Nonsense!

Like muslims don't reject Christians from many things
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by thefunclubenterprise(m): 1:45pm On Jul 29, 2012
Dipwater: Niggar wat!!!! The bastard denied a qualified student admission for stewpid reasons.wats the difference between this idiota and boko haram .religion should not be the ground for denying anybody anything .qualification should be what would determine

This man is wicked ,he went as far as negleting his BLOOd because of religion.the bible is contradictory tho,but it teaches people to love their enemies,that si if a man slaps ur cheek u should turn the other side for more slaps.in oledepo's case he is the one slapping people.he should humble himself and go ask that woman for forgiveness cuz according to the doctrines of the xtians he has sinned

Ask urself oga,
If religion isn't part of the qualifications to be admitted!

Or you don't know what qualification means?

And how is he going to cope with a school where a lot of christian activity is done!?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by Nobody: 1:46pm On Jul 29, 2012
If my sister is of different religion to me, that is her business.

That shouldn't change the fact that she is first of all, my sister....Anything she decides to do after is her business.

The business of judging should be left to God.

A man's religion should be between that man and God, and not another man's business. If I were in The Bishop's shoes, I will willingly help her financially, so that she is as comfortable as she could be in life, and tell her the gospel truth.

If she decides to still stick with her religion, it's all good and fine, but I have done what God has sent me. She will forever still be my loving sister, that fact will never change.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by Nobody: 1:46pm On Jul 29, 2012
Mehn, kudos to Tunde Bakare for not starving his muslim mother. grin

5 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by daa1(m): 1:55pm On Jul 29, 2012
[b]you are a big liar you dont know what you are even talking about[/b]

krap: The presiding bishop and founder of the Living Faith Christian Church International, better known as Winners’ Chapel, Bishop David Eniola Oyedepo is not new to controversy.

Though he seems like a man that can tolerate others, it is surprising that the man cannot hide his disdain for the Islamic religion which was evident when little Abdul-Gafar Ayomide Salami, a young Nigerian student seeking admission to Oyedepo church owned Covenant University was denied admission despite having all required qualifications, just because he is a Muslim.

If what he did to little Abdul-Gafar is thought to be anything serious, his disposition towards his half-sister, Alhaja Saratu Bello who refuses to become a Christian after every method implored by Oyedepo to convert her failed. He swore not to have anything .to do with her until she changes her religion to Christianity. The sister in question is being treated like the black sheep of the family and the bishop has forbidden everybody from helping her.

The sister who lives in Iyana-Ipaja area of Lagos is living in abject poverty and finds it difficult to feed while her other siblings are living in affluence. Those who know her doubt her story of being related to the man who can be said to be the richest pastor in Africa.

The man of God who is the surviving one of a set of twins after a prolonged delay in having a fruit of the womb by the late mother was born into a Muslim family of Pa Oyedepo in Omu-Aran. David Oyedepo was instrumental in the conversion of his father to becoming a Christian, a thing the father agreed to when he was very old after which he was baptized by his own son before death

Source:

http://dailypost.com.ng/2012/07/28/convert-christianity-die-poor-bishop-oyedepo-tells-muslim-step-sister/
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by wurajone(f): 1:55pm On Jul 29, 2012
Elueme: Don't judge so that you won't be judged.. This thread was created for trouble, don't fall for it
Hmmmmm,an eye opener.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by thefunclubenterprise(m): 1:55pm On Jul 29, 2012
pimps:
Mr redeemer its important to nope that where there is nope rule there won't be standard. And when that is lacking u nope ur gues is as good as mine. I will advice u stop using that slogan.

Are u speaking english?

Or you are posting from a village in malawi?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by SisiKill1: 1:57pm On Jul 29, 2012
Oyedepo is just angry she is not giving him materials for his preaching or as I like to call it Sunday Morning Bragging Session.

See if she doesn't convert, he can't say

"I looked into her eyes and said you this evil spirit of Islam get out of her right now and immediately she fell down and started speaking in tongues

Waits for congregation to stop crowing.

"As she was speaking in tongues, I looked up and saw the evil spirit. . .it had a long beard and I said DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM? Do YOU? and It took flight immediately. . .you know like the Queen of Sheba"

Waits for congregation to go into epileptic fits

"Today my sister is saved BECAUSE ME! ME! ME AND ONLY ME"

Invites sister to come up stage to pay homage to the Lord and Savior in the Person of his humble self

"Oya tell them how your life is now better and how you went from Legedes Benz to Mercedes Benz, tell them how you now have more money than you ever imagined. Tell them how you and your children can now afford to eat three square meals"

I tell ya, this is a perfect opportunity for the Muslim Society to come to her aid. If nothing else, it would be a good PR move and sticking it to the egocentric little dude is just an added bonus.

Say, anyone know how I can contact the National Muslim Society? I wanna offer them my PR services. . .for free!!! cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by deols(f): 1:57pm On Jul 29, 2012
rajiade:

And there are no christian beggers on the streets of Nigeria. Those who use the Bible to beg in molue buses, market places and on the streets are unfortunate Christians abi? . Or its there sins that is that much that God can't forgive other than make them beg.

Nogeria is an interesting place sha
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by Odunnu: 1:57pm On Jul 29, 2012
A common Imam wont tolerate a christian relative (half or full) living in his borders.
I had a classmate back in school whose father literally starved her to death for picking up christianity.
I have witnessed so much clampdown on baby christians from their muslim relations.
What Oyedepo said if he said it isnt new. I'll personally find it hard relating to a muslim half sister if I were him.

3 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by deols(f): 2:00pm On Jul 29, 2012
NO LONG TIN: I don't think a Muslim-owned school will give admission to Christians, so wats d Fuss all about?

I attended a Muslim primary school and we had christians.

2 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by Moralistli(m): 2:02pm On Jul 29, 2012
NUC should be reached by the guardians of that dude in order to resolve the admissions' brouhaha from the right authority....

And as for Bishop David Eniola Oyedepo dissociating himself from his half sister on religion ground; i would say he has to think twice, except God has instructed him to continue like that, otherwise, its somewhat un-biblical because his action, if true, tantamount 'unforgiving mind'

If i were in his shoes, i would continue to take care of my half sister and at the same time keep praying to God for forgiveness if taking care of her is wrong in the sight of God.

Different men of God face different challenges in their various homes, resolve yours with LOVE Which is the symbol of our religion...

Remember 'James 3;1)
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by thefunclubenterprise(m): 2:02pm On Jul 29, 2012
Nairaland : 60% muslim, 30% Christians, 10% others

May God help us all

And leave the man of God alone!
Don't judge him, he knows best

Many muslim ranting their mouths here will do worse to a Christian fellow.

The man of God must really love his sister and fear about her after life (which if you are spiritual you will know is taken as more important than earthly riches he is denying her)

I'm not justifying anything, I choose to leave him and his decisions,
It has done no wrong or right to me
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by SisiKill1: 2:04pm On Jul 29, 2012
Odunnu: A common Imam wont tolerate a christian relative (half or full) living in his borders.
I had a classmate back in school whose father literally starved her to death for picking up christianity.
I have witnessed so much clampdown on baby christians from their muslim relations.
What Oyedepo said if he said it isnt new. I'll personally find it hard relating to a muslim half sister if I were him.

There are many many many of us who grew up in the kinda environment (Christian/Muslim or as I we used to call it as kids Christlam) you are talking about and there was no clamping down.

That your friend's wicked father did that does not mean it is the norm.

2 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by Odunnu: 2:04pm On Jul 29, 2012
deols:

I attended a Muslim primary school and we had christians.
Was it a privately or publicly owned primary school?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by wurajone(f): 2:05pm On Jul 29, 2012
The Alhaja story sounds like nkwobi joint gossip not worth commenting on..I'm outta here pls.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by Nobody: 2:06pm On Jul 29, 2012
naijababe: Mehn, kudos to Tunde Bakare for not starving his muslim mother. grin

i wan talk something like that before

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by SisiKill1: 2:08pm On Jul 29, 2012
naijababe: Mehn, kudos to Tunde Bakare for not starving his muslim mother. grin
By their deeds you shall know them. . .no? cheesy cheesy
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by Odunnu: 2:08pm On Jul 29, 2012
Sisi_Kill:
There are many many many of us who lived in the environment (Christian/Muslim or as I we used to call it as kids Christlam) you are talking about and there was no clamping down.

That you friend's wicked father did that does not mean it is the norm.
I've always attended public schools in the core north where you have higher number of muslims and i've seen and witnessed things. I am 'talking true' when I say many, and I mean many new xtian converts are treated worse by muslim family.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (17) (Reply)

Coronavirus: Guidelines For Reopening Churches And Mosques By NCDC / Church Members Carry Their Pastor Into The Church With A Chair (Photos, Video) / Abroad Must Favour My Family (hilarious Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.