Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,408 members, 7,954,622 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 02:07 AM

Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” (51348 Views)

Church General Overseer Converts To Muslim And Gives Reasons / The Fastest Growing Religion In The World - Christianity Or Islam ? / Oyedepo To Establish Another University: Landmark University (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by rajiade: 12:24pm On Jul 29, 2012
Mr.chippychappy:
I don't see anything wrong with what he said :

An imam would rather tell you "convert to islam or get bombed" . So which would you rather here . The one from the pastor or the one from the Imam

And how many Imam's told you that?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by monami2abd: 12:24pm On Jul 29, 2012
I liked the answer of this German Muslim scholar gave when he was asked about terrorism and Islam : He said : Who started the first world war ? Muslims ? Who started the second world war ? Muslims ? Who killed about 20 millions of Aborigines in Australia ? Muslims ?? Who sent the nuclear bombs of Hiroshima and Nagasaki ? Muslims ?? Who killed more than 100 millions of Indians in North America ? Muslims ?? Who killed more than 50 millions of Indians in south America ? Muslims ?? Who took about 180 millions of African people as slaves and 88% of them died and was thrown in Atlantic ocean ? Muslims ?? No , and more recently who shot over 50 ppl in a cinema @ colorado? Muslim?? They weren't Muslims!!! First of all, You have to define terrorism properly... If a non-Muslim do something bad..it is crime(SMH). But if a Muslim commit same..he is terrorist... So first remove this double standard...then come to the point!!!

If it where an imam dat gave dis condition u all will b condeming his religion but alas its a reputable pastor and u guys are here defending him... i now understand why your pastors fly around d world in private jets why you guys pack urself like sandenes in MOLUE on sundays to go listen to ur smart pastors.... Very Pathetic...SMH

P:S; really like ur pastors, really wish i can be one so i fly around the world in private jets, slap anyone i feel like slapping and change beautiful wifes as i like....... Lolllllll

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by sucre2(m): 12:25pm On Jul 29, 2012
Lovine: How many of you have asked this his so called sister before you drew conclusion to this story? Why do Nairaland talks too much about Christian religion and her leaders but never say anything about these Muslims that treats their wives like slaves. Koran 4:34. Lets be realistic here, though don't support the story how many Muslims supports their sibling converts to Christianity or Hindu?

The man of god was born into a Muslim family, it was he who converted not the SIS so why the compulsion?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by BecaciaBarbie(f): 12:26pm On Jul 29, 2012
ekt_bear:

Confusionist nonsense.

If you are a Christian, you had better re-read your Bible and see what it has to say about the fate of non-believers.

Worship "One God" indeed.
Its such a pity! I wont give the Devil d chance because of u! A word is a enough for d wise not d foolish.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by NOLONGTIN1(m): 12:28pm On Jul 29, 2012
Do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by omoalaro: 12:28pm On Jul 29, 2012
If being a Christian is a condition for being rich and not dieing In "poverty", then Dangote, Abiola, Dantata, Folawiyo, Saraki e.t.c. Are all Probably Christians and all the poverty stricking people I see everyday in these areas of south south and south east for the past 15years are all probably Muslims. IDIOTS.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by logica(m): 12:30pm On Jul 29, 2012
I thought the MO of Christians was to show care even to the heathen, who would then convert to Christianity as they want to live like Christians?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by ektbear: 12:30pm On Jul 29, 2012
@Jarus: It isn't as if I'm some polytheistic guy who believes that the God of Christianity, God of Islam, God of Hinduism all exist somewhere, and that your effectiveness/wealth in life depends on the strength of your god.

That is not the point of my post. Let me restate the post with the religious language stripped out:

If she doesn't want the strings he has attached to his aid, then she should seek help from her own religion. If her religion provides help for her, fine. Problem solved. If not, then she has a decision to make about what to do next. Whether to take Oyedepo's help, or to continue in her poverty.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by NOLONGTIN1(m): 12:30pm On Jul 29, 2012
I don't think a Muslim-owned school will give admission to Christians, so wats d Fuss all about?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by rajiade: 12:31pm On Jul 29, 2012
antitpiah:

I am sorry, you ask too many stupiddd questions. Why would his creator attach a condition to his creation? How could the creator have attached a condition to something he is yet to create? There is an existential question issue here?

Its only a stupid person like u that would see stupidity in my question.

If God had said 'if you don't go to church, no air for you'. If you commit adultery no food for you. If you don't honor your father, no water for you. Just like your Daddy in the Lord placed a condition on a soul he has no control over 'if you don't convert to christianity, no help/assistance for you.

Yeye guinea fowl.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by francis247(m): 12:31pm On Jul 29, 2012
*...still scratching my head...*
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by ektbear: 12:31pm On Jul 29, 2012
NO LONG TIN: Do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers

Yep.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by chrisosi: 12:32pm On Jul 29, 2012
The Muslims are not happy!

They're not happy in Gaza.
They're not happy in Egypt.
They're not happy in Libya.
They're not happy in Morocco.
They're not happy in Iran.
They're not happy in Iraq.
They're not happy in Yemen.
They're not happy in Afghanistan.
They're not happy in Pakistan.
They're not happy in Syria .
They're not happy in Lebanon .
They're not happy in Nigeria

So, where are they happy?

They're happy in Canada .
They're happy in Australia .
They're happy in England .
They're happy in France .
They're happy in Italy .
They're happy in Germany .
They're happy in Sweden .
They're happy in the USA .
They're happy in Norway .
They're happy in every country that is not Muslim.

And who do they blame?

Not Islam.
Not their leadership.
Not themselves.

THEY BLAME THE COUNTRIES THEY ARE HAPPY IN!

AND THEY WANT TO CHANGE THEM TO BE LIKE THE COUNTRY THEY CAME FROM . . WHERE THEY WERE UNHAPPY.

Excuse me, but . . .
Am I missing something here?? BY Ken Obe

4 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by monami2abd: 12:34pm On Jul 29, 2012
I liked the answer of this German Muslim scholar gave when he was asked about terrorism and Islam : He said : Who started the first world war ? Muslims ? Who started the second world war ? Muslims ? Who killed about 20 millions of Aborigines in Australia ? Muslims ?? Who sent the nuclear bombs of Hiroshima and Nagasaki ? Muslims ?? Who killed more than 100 millions of Indians in North America ? Muslims ?? Who killed more than 50 millions of Indians in south America ? Muslims ?? Who took about 180 millions of African people as slaves and 88% of them died and was thrown in Atlantic ocean ? Muslims ?? No , and more recently who shot over 50 ppl in a cinema @ colorado? Muslim?? They weren't Muslims!!! First of all, You have to define terrorism properly... If a non-Muslim do something bad..it is crime(SMH). But if a Muslim commit same..he is terrorist... So first remove this double standard...then come to the point!!!

If it where an imam dat gave dis condition u all will b condeming his religion but alas its a reputable pastor and u guys are here defending him... i now understand why your pastors fly around d world in private jets why you guys pack urself like sandenes in MOLUE on sundays to go listen to ur smart pastors.... Very Pathetic...SMH

P:S; really like ur pastors, really wish i can be one so i fly around the world in private jets, slap anyone i feel like slapping and change beautiful wifes as i like....... Lolllllll
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by Fathai(m): 12:35pm On Jul 29, 2012
Seems..u ar a fool...go and make ur research......muslim ar richer than christian....check it country by country....if u dont no wht to write..just shut ur fucking mouth
yommy2sure:

And if Islam is the true religion why do we 10 times more poor muslims. If we r to use material wealth to judge I guess atheism or agnotiscm will be the right one 'cos a good number of the world richest dont believe or doubt the existence of God or any god.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by drzed: 12:36pm On Jul 29, 2012
1supremo: That's unscriptural. To any muslim or whoever who thinks they can judge christianity by this act. I'll just remind you that YOU CANNOT JUDGE A SYSTEM BY ITS ABUSE. By the way, this allegation is without proof. However, if it is true, it is not a method of evangelism sanctioned by Christ and it is purely in violation of christian principles.

Ehem (clears throat...) On the flip side, havent many/most/all Christians been judging Islam from those (muslims) who abuse it? Why is suddenly not okay now to Judge Christianity from the attitudes of pastors?

Just asking...

3 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by ektbear: 12:36pm On Jul 29, 2012
Fathai: Seems..u ar a fool...go and make ur research......muslim ar richer than christian....check it country by country....if u dont no wht to write..just shut ur fucking mouth

lmao grin

Do you believe this, truly?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by hydoo(m): 12:37pm On Jul 29, 2012
Mumu nd u called ur self man of GOD,did bibble tel us 2 do it by force,dis is wickednes,may GOD see ur life true...amen
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by hydoo(m): 12:39pm On Jul 29, 2012
drzed:

Ehem (clears throat...) On the flip side, havent many/most/all Christians been judging Islam from those (muslims) who abuse it? Why is suddenly not okay now to Judge Christianity from the attitudes of pastors?

Just asking...
GOOD QUESTION
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by monami2abd: 12:39pm On Jul 29, 2012
drzed:

Just asking...

i wonder too... As always its ok for christians to judge muslims but not vice versa.... SMH.... Bunch of hypocrites....
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by BecaciaBarbie(f): 12:42pm On Jul 29, 2012
Find Out!:

OK, but if it was d oda way round, i.e. Rich muslim leader refusing to help his poor xtian blood sister, would you have said the same thing you said?
From my comment, it shows am not supporting anyone! For Heaven's Sake, who am i to judge another person's fault? Have got mine too, nd am not His Cteator! Yea if it wr d oda way round i wud stil type dis....Let God be His Judge, cuz to me i see evry1 as one! I can go out with a muslim, infact ve got many as frds so wht d heck? Wt am tryin to pass to u all is dat u judging dis man is a sin in d sight of God. Can u punish Him or reward Him? No..u can't cuz u are not His Creator. Okay if there is anyone here who has never committed any sin in His/her entire life, let such person criticise this man...but if u crticise d man nd u are a sinner...May God criticise u likewise!
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by Bakreez: 12:42pm On Jul 29, 2012
[color=#006600][/color]
ekt_bear: This woman should cry out to her god. If her god is not strong enough to save her from penury, then perhaps she had better listen very well to her brother's advice, and consider choosing the God of her brother.

Or of what use is this god she serves if she remains in poverty?

Or does she want to benefit from Oyedepo's God while also serving another?
ekt_bear: This woman should cry out to her god. If her god is not strong enough to save her from penury, then perhaps she had better listen very well to her brother's advice, and consider choosing the God of her brother.

. Sorry dude it's so pathetic that you are the way you are, i dont blame you because the go they preach for you is a god of material. Your so called religeon today preaches materials and doesnt care whether it is acquired illegally hence reason why you give glory for a tithe of 200 million naira without the pastor questioning the source. The woman wont die in poverty because eni ti o duro ti oluwa o ki n jogun ofo. Oledepo will definitely be put to shame right here on earth even before the intercession.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by Jarus(m): 12:42pm On Jul 29, 2012
ekt_bear: @Jarus: It isn't as if I'm some polytheistic guy who believes that the God of Christianity, God of Islam, God of Hinduism all exist somewhere, and that your effectiveness/wealth in life depends on the strength of your god.

That is not the point of my post. Let me restate the post with the religious language stripped out:

If she doesn't want the strings he has attached to his aid, then she should seek help from her own religion. If her religion provides help for her, fine. Problem solved. If not, then she has a decision to make about what to do next. Whether to take Oyedepo's help, or to continue in her poverty.

I now get your point more clearly.
But personally, even when stripped of religion, I don't think there is anything wrong in seeking help from a wealthy family member. And even there is nothing in story that says she asked for help. The Bishop, perhaps voluntarily, offered to help her financially, with that condition.

In the example of my cousin, she freely asks for financial assistance from us from time to time, and we give(based on familial tie), even when we are sorry for her to choosing a path other than ours(with all our belief that ours is the only right way). I think sometimes the tie of family should override religious difference, especially when it is on something that doesnt go to the root of our belief, like financial assistance(as opposed to something like asking us to follow to her Church). Helping a Christian financially doesnt strip me of my Islam, so why wont I, for a family member for that matter.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by Olaone1: 12:42pm On Jul 29, 2012
Lol mr ssstrangerrr
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by Lovine: 12:44pm On Jul 29, 2012
Tell me this is not true of this religion

Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by jaybee3(m): 12:45pm On Jul 29, 2012
Seriously SMH at how wealth is being attributed to religion/beliefs.
Where has religion taken us so far as a nation?
Conditions should never be attached to help if one is able to do it period.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by ektbear: 12:47pm On Jul 29, 2012
Bakreez: [color=#006600][/color][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]. Sorry dude it's so pathetic that you are the way you are, i dont blame you because the go they preach for you is a god of material. Your so called religeon today preaches materials and doesnt care whether it is acquired illegally hence reason why you give glory for a tithe of 200 million naira without the pastor questioning the source. The woman wont die in poverty because eni ti o duro ti oluwa o ki n jogun ofo. Oledepo will definitely be put to shame right here on earth even before the intercession.

1. That Christians are wealthier on average than Muslims globally and almost certainly in Nigeria as well doesn't necessarily mean that anything was acquired illegally.
2. Anyway, whether Christianity preaches materialism is irrelevant. Let her seek help from her god, not from Oyedepo's.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by ahf(m): 12:47pm On Jul 29, 2012
antitpiah:

Why are you so stupidddd? The school is on a land that belongs to the FG of Nigeri, not the FG of Oyedepo or Jesus. If the FGN says no discrimination on the basis of religion, so shall it be. Now if he wants to make religion a factor in the admission process, he should go somewhere else where the laws of the land permit such nonsense. As long as he wants to remain in Nigeria, it is illegal for him to discriminate people based on their beliefs.

So "Brilliant" - antitpiah .

Your tone and attitude is just exemplary.

Land ownership is not the issue here, the only factor that needs investigation is how the denial of admission violates the laws of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
Thereafter lawyers and co. can address the issue in a court of law, not on Nairaland.com . I haven't heard any lawyers filing any cases or the likes, We need to learn to follow laid down procedures and not sentimental reactions to all issues. My take[i][/i].

PS: - take your attitude somewhere else. I discuss and exchange ideas bases on points, and NOT ON INSULTS.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by Bakreez: 12:48pm On Jul 29, 2012
ekt_bear:

So a CHRISTIAN-owned CHURCH is evil if it doesn't give admission to a MUSLIM student?

Where does it say in the Bible that Christians must hold Islam or any other religion in high regard

If you are a Christian and you are respectful of other religions, good for you.

But if you are a Christian and you are disrespectful of other religions, that is also fine. It certainly doesn't contradict any teachings of the Bible..
why do you choose to publicise the fact that you dont even understand the bible you read everyday? In the bible it is stated that love your enemy as much as you love yourself, do you ever care to interprete that verse alone? I know you dont because if you do you come to type rubbish here. Go back to school to learn more about English language.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by 1121: 12:51pm On Jul 29, 2012
Anybody who is convinced about his believe will go to anylength, like oyedepo did, to shield his adamant and perishing sister from the danger of hell. 'there is no other name under heaven by which a man can be saved except through JESUS CHRIST'. Oyedepo is only expressing his love 4 his sis. Otherwise he would have left her and watch her soul perish. This idea is a rogged approach to envagelizing. Is an alternative after other means has proved abortive.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by Abbey2sam(m): 12:51pm On Jul 29, 2012
[quote author=Sweetnecta]the father who converted out of islam at old age is a testament to the hadith of the prophet [sa] that a people of hell will do things of paradise and he will be only a short distance [arm or ebow length] between him and paradise. then he will do the thing of people of hell before death.

the sister who is resisting the world wealthy brother will inshaAllah enjoy at the end when she complete her jihad [struggle against becoming disbeliever]. when she enters paradise, she will kno
hahahahahaha!!!! I'm Laughing in swahili...see dis jihadist oo..seriously do you tink there any reward for you as a jihadist order than hell...dats by the way sha!!.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” by antitpiah: 12:51pm On Jul 29, 2012
rajiade:

Its only a stupid person like u that would see stupidity in my question.

If God had said 'if you don't go to church, no air for you'. If you commit adultery no food for you. If you don't honor your father, no water for you. Just like your Daddy in the Lord placed a condition on a soul he has no control over 'if you don't convert to christianity, no help/assistance for you.

Yeye guinea fowl.

And your God would have attached these conditions to something he was yet to create? Anyway, you seem very stupidd so my point is that your God as creative as he may be, it is not possible for him to attach conditions to something he was yet to create. Existence precedes essence.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Pastor Fatoyinbo Contacts Daddy Freeze For Interview, To Launch Attack On Busola / Conditions For Marriage In Mountain Of Fire Ministries (pics) / Top 10 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Is Not God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.