Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,741 members, 7,824,139 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:12 AM

My Friend Is In A Mess - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Friend Is In A Mess (3751 Views)

11 Signs To Know If Your Girl Friend Is A Good Girl / The Devil Working With Mtn To Mess-up My Wedding / 13 Signs Your Friend Is In Love With You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Friend Is In A Mess by lumideezle(m): 9:59am On Jul 29, 2012
Ok a child hood friend of mine came 2 me and this grown man (25yrs)was actually crying more like he was fustrated. I'll explain y

First let me tell you a bit about my friend he is 25, good looking 6fts+ tall,has a Gf who loves him 2 pieces,masters degrees from UK, great life u may say but the reason y he was crying are as follows

1) He has a job they pay him only 60k monthly he got this after looking 4 work 4 8mths, this job as u percieved caNnot really help him much, it can only foot his feedig and transportation with very little left 2 save. He was crying because he feels life has not unfolded 4 him yet and he is not getting any younger. His Gf gets a lot of male advances, guys with big cars o and he is still yet to buy a tyre although the lady hardly compLains he just feels she is human and might get 2 her telorance limit soon. Nobody came 2 d world 2 suffer now! He was actually contemplating breaking up with her because of his present condition so she can b free 2 get sm1 more financially stable while he sets himself up. He doesent like the fact that d woman in his life trecks and enters bike with him. He is quiet enterprising as he has started many businesses but the big money has not just come in yet.

Why am I here?? My friend wants me 2 advice him if he should let his GF go. What should I tell him? that's 1 also Pls I wld like 2 have so stories from guys who have been in his shoes b4 and are now doing well as I plan 2 show him this thread mayb your stories would encourage him.
Re: My Friend Is In A Mess by Nobody: 10:07am On Jul 29, 2012
Wetin woman dey cause. . .

Crying? Maka why kwanu?
Re: My Friend Is In A Mess by claremont(m): 10:07am On Jul 29, 2012
The last salary I earned whilst living in Nigeria was 60,000/month, though it came with an official car and sales bonuses. I lived on that 60,000/month and maintained my expensive Igbo ex-girlfriend as well grin. Your friend should hold onto that job while he is on the sharp look-out for better opportunities preferably abroad.

As for the girlfriend, if she is not able to exercise patience with him, he should let her go. When he has achieved some level of career stability, he would be surprised how girls will flock around him like bees to honey.
Re: My Friend Is In A Mess by Dygeasy(m): 10:19am On Jul 29, 2012
@Claremont damn right you are!

The guy in question should first observe somethings in the girl;

1. Is she acting strangely (probably indifferent to his way of live; living standard I mean)?

2. Does she get freaked by the talked-about richer guys (lyk in his presence)?

Your personal answers to the above will ascertain and help you to decide what you really wan to do with your relationship.
As for d "meagre" salary(tho I don't see it that way), he should try to live within his limits not neglecting the fact that his girlfriend still needs to be cared for. He should just share his worries with the girl and make her see things as they really her. At 25 he is a few years shy of marriage.. So I think the lady will understand if she is his.
GOODLUCK to your man Op.
Re: My Friend Is In A Mess by slimyemm: 10:20am On Jul 29, 2012
Has the girl been complaining?
If she has..so what?
Must he be in a relationship?
he has a 60k job and he's crying?
People wey get 30k job plus wife and pikin never cry..cheesycheesy
If he nor get any,wetin him go do?
Hang himself?
Your friend nor get sense at all..
What a wuss of a man!
Let him keep crying until life folds up for him!
Nonsense!

2 Likes

Re: My Friend Is In A Mess by Dygeasy(m): 10:27am On Jul 29, 2012
slimyemm: Has the girl been complaining?
If she has..so what?
Hang himself?
What a wuss of a man!
Nonsense!
easy bro!

1 Like

Re: My Friend Is In A Mess by slimyemm: 10:31am On Jul 29, 2012
Dygeasy: easy bro!
i'm a sis..not bro!cheesy
Re: My Friend Is In A Mess by otokx(m): 11:19am On Jul 29, 2012
That guy is a shame, crying for what?
Re: My Friend Is In A Mess by dealordea(m): 11:51am On Jul 29, 2012
The guy na coward!!! Scared of loosen the girl, his not scared of loosen is job!! Mumu

2 Likes

Re: My Friend Is In A Mess by Dygeasy(m): 11:59am On Jul 29, 2012
slimyemm: i'm a sis..not bro!cheesy
so then easy babe!
Re: My Friend Is In A Mess by Nobody: 12:30pm On Jul 29, 2012
Clearly he's got complex issues, but solution is what I believe the op seeks here...enuf with d insults n name-calling already.

@ Op:
Ur friend needs to;
1. Address d situation as a man, not cry to u (a female)
2. Let her go...not a good idea
3. Probably take this girl on a date n speak/communicate with her...not speak to; explain or complain to her. Then listen to her opinion n suggestions. Afterall, they're in it 2geda.

I'd be glad to share some things I can't say here, with ur friend. If he's on bbm, my pin's: 235B71BE
Re: My Friend Is In A Mess by Princeparix(m): 12:45pm On Jul 29, 2012
Pls tell u frnd dat he doesnt hv a problem.
He shuld stop crying<lol>.time would tell
Re: My Friend Is In A Mess by paveinc(m): 12:49pm On Jul 29, 2012
inferiority complex my brother;
Re: My Friend Is In A Mess by Roseey0(f): 1:00pm On Jul 29, 2012
Wat is he crying for?
Sch boys that collect 'mama dash me' stil find a way of kipin their galfrnds talkless of salary earner.Abeg tel him to cut hs coat accordin to the yards he can afford(nt size any more).Besides the gal isnt complaining,even as confused as you guyz think a gal can be,we knw wat we want and we knw it wen we hv found it.
Re: My Friend Is In A Mess by lumideezle(m): 1:15pm On Jul 29, 2012
@Claremont thanks for your Advice but are you sure looking 4 opportunities Abroad is a good Idea? Even their plp still dey find work sef but I've told him his major paayer point henceforth sld b a gOod job

@ Dygeasy to be sincere with you Bro I have persornally Observed the lady she is not the materialistic type. I just feel everyone has a breaking point also she is not from a poor home so as a resornable man you sld not expect her to suffer too much when other opportunities are knocking @ d door.

@ slimyemm : Shut the bleep up if u have nothing to say just sleep

@deal_ordea r u sure u can understand simple written English loosing his GF is not his major prob here.. His major Problem is that life has not unfolded 4 him yet and time is running out also being a resornable guy he dosent wanna waste d womans time
Re: My Friend Is In A Mess by cindyrella(f): 1:24pm On Jul 29, 2012
Crying ke?
That you friend needs flogging angry
I know someone who finished his master's degree 2 years ago from UK and he has no job...

If the guy see 60k job now, na dream come true!
Make ur friend go siddon one corner abeg. he no get problem! undecided
Re: My Friend Is In A Mess by BecaciaBarbie(f): 1:41pm On Jul 29, 2012
Your frd is a good guy nd he isnt d selfish type! My advice for him is to let nature take its place. He shudnt brk up wid her unless she wnts to brk up wid him nd when she does dat he shud let her go. So for now keep praying nd keep searchn for better jobs....if she is meant for u...no one can chnage dat! So just let it be.
Re: My Friend Is In A Mess by Dygeasy(m): 1:51pm On Jul 29, 2012
@ Dygeasy to be sincere with you Bro I have persornally Observed the lady she is not the materialistic type. I just feel everyone has a breaking point also she is not from a poor home so as a resornable man you sld not expect her to suffer too much when other opportunities are knocking @ d door.
[/quote]

i understand that perfectly.. I have been in that situation too where the girl's family is very rich,nt used to suffering,not even used to public transport buh d thing is let her see u d way u really are. Honestly do not form for ha..enof of packaging! If she can den stay good 4 u nd if not get on with your life
Re: My Friend Is In A Mess by sashaa(f): 2:03pm On Jul 29, 2012
sexkillz:
Maka why kwanu?

makana o likey d girl
Re: My Friend Is In A Mess by slimyemm: 2:03pm On Jul 29, 2012
lumideezle:
@ slimyemm : Shut the bleep up if u have nothing to say just sleep
i can't and won't shut up on a wussy case such as this.
...and it 2 p.m here.sleeping is no option!
Just tell your friend to stop wearing his balls as earrings!
Simple!cheesy
Re: My Friend Is In A Mess by Rocktation(f): 2:04pm On Jul 29, 2012
Dear friend,
Crying is good. Infact, I don't expect a lot than that for you at this point. Why, it will help to reduce those clutters of dreary emotions that are within you, as well as the bad judgements that have been produced by them. So you may as well continue. It is only necessary to keep you balanced so you can continue to trudge toward your goal.

While you're at this though, you'd do well to note that your being a part of this phase is not about your value or worth, but because you're a victim of the times. It just so happens that a lot of us with potentials, are a part of these days where 'horrid' is the buzzword of the economy. So very unfair. So sad.
But not to worry though, cos Depression has got a life of its own and thus, must die some day. So in the meantime, be persistent in trying to rid yourself of it, by keeping your hopes alive and believing that all you need is just 'one' day, to reach that dream of yours.

About your gurlfriend, she wouldn't still be here if she's disturbed by your state of finance. You really shouldn't bother too much because it would not be as though she's the first in history, that has stuck and is sticking with someone that is seemingly not up to par with herself. I mean, you must have heard about our very own Okonjo Iweala, Oby Ezekwesi, Bola Kuforuji-Olubi, and a whole bunch of others that are staying put, just because of their love for love and not for money. So please do not break two hearts by letting her go. Or should I say three hearts? Lol. I feel mine is involved now too.

I hope and pray that you find and own what you have been, and are looking for. And pretty soon too.
Yours truly, Depression's Ex-Acquaintance.

Re: My Friend Is In A Mess by KINGwax(m): 2:21pm On Jul 29, 2012
slimyemm: Has the girl been complaining?
If she has..so what?
Hang himself?
What a wuss of a man!
Nonsense!
if u change your name again, i'll knw it's you. You responses are alws from the pit of craziness. I knw if i can meet u, you'll be a good girl that jes takes her frustration online...but in mean time, go to hell
Re: My Friend Is In A Mess by slimyemm: 2:42pm On Jul 29, 2012
KINGwax: if u change your name again, i'll knw it's you. You responses are alws from the pit of craziness. I knw if i can meet u, you'll be a good girl that jes takes her frustration online...but in mean time, go to hell
yeah..
Whatever!
Go fcck yourself too!
Re: My Friend Is In A Mess by Dygeasy(m): 2:53pm On Jul 29, 2012
slimyemm: yeah..
Whatever!
Go fcck yourself too!
chill it guys
Re: My Friend Is In A Mess by Nobody: 3:07pm On Jul 29, 2012
cindyrella: Crying ke?
That you friend needs flogging angry
I know someone who finished his master's degree 2 years ago from UK and he has no job...

If the guy see 60k job now, na dream come true!
Make ur friend go siddon one corner abeg. he no get problem! undecided
even with a uk degree........na wa ooooooooooo
Re: My Friend Is In A Mess by lumideezle(m): 3:41pm On Jul 29, 2012
@Rocktation thanks and thank you everyone for your responses.. I am yet to see a story of someone who has been in his situation and Is now doing well. Please share your story as this would greatly encourage him.

Now to those of you saying 60k salary is ok for a man all I can say is I pity your poverty mentality. So because you and you and your people earn 60 or less everybdy should settle 4 that abi? Smh!! All men are born but some are more equal than others! Think abt that
Re: My Friend Is In A Mess by cindyrella(f): 4:46pm On Jul 29, 2012
Kamardiran:
even with a uk degree........na wa ooooooooooo
Yes oh even UK degree. Work for nija now na who know person, no be who go school pass again o!
Re: My Friend Is In A Mess by greedie1(f): 6:56pm On Jul 29, 2012
Op, tell ur friend e neva reach to cry. His case is not d worst. Der r ple wit 2 masters nd no job yet. He should kip praying nd searching, a good job ll definitely come his way. Secondly, d decision to leave or stay lies wit his girlfriend. As long as he is not forming nd d girl knows his earning capability, y bother himself? He should rather count himself lucky to ve such a jewel besides him.

D darkest part of d night is just before dawn, tell him dat! My aunty had 2 masters, was jobless 4 a few yrs and had to settle 4 a 20k job at d lagos museum, it was not until abt 5yrs l8r dat she got a job in a multinational oil company nd she has since risen to one of d top officials? So tell ur friend dat na o bu nwayo nwayo ka eji aracha ofe di oku o b4 he develops high bp biko.
Re: My Friend Is In A Mess by MMM2(m): 7:11pm On Jul 29, 2012
Op
Tell dat ur friend 2 do money ritual angry
Re: My Friend Is In A Mess by DisGuy: 10:17pm On Jul 29, 2012
lol life has not unfolded for him at the age of 25

is he competing with Mark Zukerburg?

He should concentrate on work,side business and treating his girl right since she's not complaining
Re: My Friend Is In A Mess by Smhart1(f): 10:44pm On Jul 29, 2012
M M M: Op
Tell dat ur friend 2 do money ritual angry
so brainless
Re: My Friend Is In A Mess by knockturnal(m): 11:44pm On Jul 29, 2012
Rocktation: Dear friend,
Crying is good. Infact, I don't expect a lot than that for you at this point. Why, it will help to reduce those clutters of dreary emotions that are within you, as well as the bad judgements that have been produced by them. So you may as well continue. It is only necessary to keep you balanced so you can continue to trudge toward your goal.

While you're at this though, you'd do well to note that your being a part of this phase is not about your value or worth, but because you're a victim of the times. It just so happens that a lot of us with potentials, are a part of these days where 'horrid' is the buzzword of the economy. So very unfair. So sad.
But not to worry though, cos Depression has got a life of its own and thus, must die some day. So in the meantime, be persistent in trying to rid yourself of it, by keeping your hopes alive and believing that all you need is just 'one' day, to reach that dream of yours.

About your gurlfriend, she wouldn't still be here if she's disturbed by your state of finance. You really shouldn't bother too much because it would not be as though she's the first in history, that has stuck and is sticking with someone that is seemingly not up to par with herself. I mean, you must have heard about our very own Okonjo Iweala, Oby Ezekwesi, Bola Kuforuji-Olubi, and a whole bunch of others that are staying put, just because of their love for love and not for money. So please do not break two hearts by letting her go. Or should I say three hearts? Lol. I feel mine is involved now too.

I hope and pray that you find and own what you have been, and are looking for. And pretty soon too.
Yours truly, Depression's Ex-Acquaintance.

This post should end it all. U rock girl!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Whats Going On Here?(pics) / Wow!! See Picture Of 2014 Most Beautiful Slippers. / She Doesn't Allow Me To Touch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.